- Asian stock markets down on China worries Updated: Mar-12-14 1:28 am
- Bank of England chief grilled over forex scandal Updated: Mar-11-14 1:04 pm
- China may ax interest rate controls within 2 years Updated: Mar-11-14 1:26 am
- Euro hits highest level against dollar since 2011 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:10 am
- European Central Bank holds rates amid recovery Updated: Mar-06-14 10:57 am
- Bank of England suspends employee in forex probe Updated: Mar-05-14 10:45 am
- Shares of Russian companies traded in US plummet Updated: Mar-03-14 11:52 am
- Russian markets, ruble plummet on Ukraine fears Updated: Mar-03-14 5:07 am
- Pro-Russian rally in Crimea decries Kiev 'bandits' Updated: Feb-25-14 7:59 pm
- Bank of America faces new housing, forex probes Updated: Feb-25-14 6:46 pm
- Downside of low inflation: A weaker global economy Updated: Feb-19-14 2:32 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stock markets sank Wednesday as recent falls in Chinese copper and iron prices added to jitters that the world's No. 2 economy is continuing to slow.
LONDON - Bank of England Governor Mark Carney on Tuesday sought to shield his institution from being dragged further into a global scandal over the alleged manipulation of foreign exchange markets.
BEIJING - China is likely to ease controls on interest rates paid on bank savings within two years and will allow wider use of its tightly controlled currency for trade and investment, the central bank governor said Tuesday.
LONDON - The euro has struck its highest level against the dollar for nearly two and a half years in the wake of the European Central Bank's decision not to cut interest rates further.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The European Central Bank kept its key interest rate on hold Thursday and raised its economic growth forecasts as it acknowledged that the recovery is strengthening in the 18 countries that use the euro.
LONDON - The Bank of England has suspended a member of staff while it conducts an investigation into allegations that the institution condoned or knew about manipulation in the foreign exchange markets.
NEW YORK - Shares of Russian companies traded in the U.S. are plummeted Monday as the country's military forces streamed into Ukraine, raising the possibility of sanctions by Western governments.
MOSCOW - Russia's stock market dropped about 10 percent on Monday and its currency fell to its lowest point ever against the dollar and the euro as worries grew over the potential economic repercussions of the crisis in neighboring Ukraine.
SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine - Dozens of pro-Russian protesters rallied Tuesday in this Crimean Peninsula city, bitterly denouncing politicians in Kiev who are trying to form a new government, with some even calling for secession from Ukraine. A Russian lawmaker stoked their passions by promising that Moscow will protect them.
NEW YORK - Bank of America is facing new probes into its mortgage practices as well as its foreign exchange business.
WASHINGTON - Since the Great Recession ended 4½ years ago, Americans have struggled with high unemployment, static pay and a slow economy. Yet they've had one thing in their favor: low inflation.