- World stocks up on hopes Chinese slowdown is mild Updated: Apr-16-14 12:01 pm
- US declines to name China a currency manipulator Updated: Apr-15-14 8:18 pm
- Lewiston-Clarkston Valley's dollar venue closed Updated: Apr-13-14 2:34 pm
- Bento's feisty, no-nonsense manner guides Portugal Updated: Apr-11-14 5:48 am
- China to permit cross-border stock trading with HK Updated: Apr-10-14 6:46 am
- Calm Del Bosque a bundle of nerves leading Spain Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 am
- Swiss name 8 banks in forex manipulation probe Updated: Mar-31-14 8:34 am
- Venezuela unveils new currency market for dollars Updated: Mar-24-14 7:29 pm
- Million-dollar Powerball ticket sold in NE Kansas Updated: Mar-24-14 4:04 pm
- Russian economy, tycoons take hit in Crimea crisis Updated: Mar-20-14 4:01 pm
- Eurozone inflation in surprise fall to 0.7 percent Updated: Mar-17-14 9:05 am
LONDON - World stock markets rose Wednesday after Chinese economic figures showed the slowdown in the first quarter was less severe than expected.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is raising concern about the value of China's currency but is declining, as in recent years, to accuse Beijing of manipulating it.
LEWISTON, Idaho - The only dollar movie venue in the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley is closed.
LISBON, Portugal - When Paulo Bento was hired to salvage Portugal's calamitous qualifying campaign for the 2012 European Championship, he had only four years of experience as a top-flight coach and had quit Sporting Lisbon after failing to win a league match in two months.
HONG KONG - China unveiled a plan Thursday to give foreign investors greater access to its stock market by allowing investors in Shanghai and Hong Kong to trade shares on each other's exchanges.
MADRID - Vicente del Bosque's calm, composed and assured demeanor doesn't quite reveal the true extent of the stress he has endured in leading Spain to World Cup and European Championship titles.
GENEVA - Switzerland's competition regulator on Monday named eight global banks it is investigating for possible manipulation of foreign exchange rates.
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro's cash-strapped government unveiled a new currency market Monday that allows Venezuelans to buy and sell dollars legally for the first time since 2010.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Lottery says that someone is holding a Powerball ticket worth $1 million.
MOSCOW - Russia's most powerful businessmen waited for over an hour Thursday to hear from President Vladimir Putin, whose decision to annex the Crimean Peninsula has cost their companies hundreds of millions of dollars in market value.
LONDON - Pressure on the European Central Bank to do more to prevent prices from falling in the 18-country eurozone ratcheted up Monday after figures showed inflation across the region unexpectedly fell in February to its lowest level since October.