- Q&A: Assessing Yellen's concerns about economy and markets Updated: Feb-11-16 12:16 am
WASHINGTON - What's likely keeping Janet Yellen up at night?
- Arizona panel OKs tax credit for concealed carry permit Updated: Feb-08-16 8:06 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona residents are one step closer to getting a tax credit for attending a firearms safety class after Republican lawmakers passed a measure offering a dollar-for-dollar credit for concealed-carry permit holders Monday.
- Zika virus overshadows buildup to Rio de Janeiro Olympics Updated: Feb-02-16 1:27 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Zika virus is overshadowing the final preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, even eclipsing concerns over deep budget cuts and severe water pollution.
- Cheap oil buoys consumers, shakes up global governments Updated: Feb-02-16 12:02 pm
Cheap oil will be sticking around for a while.
- Midwest economic survey figures rise for 1st time in months Updated: Feb-01-16 11:18 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - January results from a survey of supply managers in nine states in the Midwest and Plains suggest some improvement in the regional economy, but the conditions apparently didn't engender much optimism from those surveyed, according to a report released Monday.
- Oil producer Azerbaijan in talks for international aid Updated: Jan-28-16 10:29 am
- Japan trade deficit falls in 2015 on lower oil import costs Updated: Jan-24-16 8:48 pm
TOKYO - Japan's trade deficit fell to its lowest level in four years in 2015, the Finance Ministry reported Monday, as import costs dropped thanks to the collapse in oil prices.
- Russian ruble keeps on falling, hits new record low Updated: Jan-21-16 10:45 am
MOSCOW - The Russian ruble hit another historic low against the dollar Thursday as currencies slid across the former Soviet Union against the backdrop of low oil prices.
- As wealthy Brazilians snap up Miami real estate, few benefit Updated: Jan-19-16 11:03 am
MIAMI - Facing a teetering economy at home, wealthy Brazilians have been pouring money into what they increasingly see as the safest place to invest: South Florida real estate.
- Iran moves assets, awaits benefits as sanctions are lifted Updated: Jan-19-16 10:25 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran successfully transferred some of the billions of dollars' worth of frozen overseas assets following the implementation of the nuclear deal with world powers, the head of the country's central bank said Tuesday. But ordinary Iranians are still waiting to see how their daily lives will improve and how fast Iranian companies will gain access to financial markets worldwide.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympics facing deep cuts unseen in decades Updated: Jan-15-16 1:19 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cuts, cuts and more cuts.