- Egypt's currency drops to new low against the dollar Updated: Jul-05-15 8:34 am
CAIRO - Egypt's central bank says the Egyptian pound has fallen to a new low against the dollar, its second such drop since Thursday.
- Would Greek exit help or hurt Europe's currency union? Updated: Jul-04-15 5:22 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - With aid negotiations off and ATMs running out of money, it's not speculation any more. Greece could leave the euro. And soon.
- The Latest: Protesters loot supermarket in Athens suburb Updated: Jul-03-15 10:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes and its upcoming referendum on Sunday (all times local):
- World stocks drift lower ahead of Greek vote; China plunges Updated: Jul-03-15 5:13 am
HONG KONG - World stock markets mostly drifted lower Friday ahead of Greece's weekend austerity referendum, while China's main stock benchmark plunged as much as 7 percent as government market stabilization measures failed to reassure panicky investors.
- Egypt passes new budget for fiscal year 2015-2016 Updated: Jul-02-15 3:14 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's president has approved a new budget for fiscal year 2015-2016, slashing the projected budget deficit to 8.9 percent of gross domestic product, the country's finance ministry said Thursday, in a move likely to please international creditors.
- What crisis? Stronger banks, economies ease fear over Greece Updated: Jul-02-15 3:13 am
The prospect of a Greek crackup isn't so terrifying anymore.
- US sees progress on currency, cyberspace issues with China Updated: Jun-24-15 8:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States claimed progress Wednesday with China on currency issues and toward negotiating a code of conduct for cyberspace after two days of high-level talks that underscored sharp differences but paved the way for a visit by China's leader in the fall.
- Japan trade deficit narrows in May on lower oil costs Updated: Jun-17-15 12:12 am
TOKYO - Japan's trade deficit narrowed sharply in May from a year earlier because of lower costs for imported oil and gas, but exports also slowed as demand softened in China.
- Croatia draws 1-1 against Italy in Euro 2016 qualifier Updated: Jun-12-15 6:02 pm
Croatia maintained its two-point lead over Italy atop Group H after drawing 1-1 against the Azzurri in a European Championship qualifying match in Split on Friday.
- New Zealand cuts interest rate quarter point to 3.25 percent Updated: Jun-10-15 6:43 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's central bank on Thursday cut its benchmark interest rate by a quarter point to 3.25 percent and signaled more cuts could be on the way as farmers grapple with a slump in prices for the country's key milk exports.