- Universities, community groups form Flint research center Updated: Apr-26-16 2:58 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Three universities and a group of community organizations are sharing research and resources in an effort to better serve Flint residents dealing with the city's lead-contaminated water crisis.
- Rally at Baltimore City Hall for Freddie Gray anniversary Updated: Apr-25-16 6:36 am
BALTIMORE - Community groups are planning a rally at Baltimore City Hall to commemorate the death of Freddie Gray and the unrest that followed.
- Bellingham restarts homeless camp cleanups Updated: Apr-24-16 3:20 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Bellingham officials are working to expand shelter options for people as it again begins to clean up homeless camps.
- Ranson thrift store provides 'New Hope' for cancer patients Updated: Apr-23-16 10:24 am
RANSON, West Virginia - For Marlene Myers Plumer, owner of New Hope Thrift Store, saving customers money on clothing, books and household items is secondary to bringing smiles to the faces of members of the community and providing hope for families of children with cancer.
- Wayne State athletes to give toiletry kits to homeless Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 am
DETROIT - Wayne State University athletes and volunteers are set to distribute toiletry kits to homeless people in Detroit.
- Coalition slaps Portland with lawsuit over homeless policy Updated: Apr-20-16 10:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's decades-long homeless problem has been glaringly obvious since February when a new city "experiment" gave drifters and transients the freedom to spill onto public sidewalks and rights of way as they please - and some businesses and neighborhoods have decided they've had enough.
- Doctor who helped expose Flint water crisis being honored Updated: Apr-19-16 9:28 pm
DETROIT - A doctor credited with bringing the Flint drinking water crisis to the public's attention after state agencies initially dismissed her concerns will be honored by an Arab American community nonprofit organization.
- Amid drought, tony community threatens fines over dry lawns Updated: Apr-19-16 3:05 pm
DANVILLE, California - A homeowners association for an upscale, gated community in the San Francisco Bay Area has threatened to fine homeowners for brown lawns and landscaping despite California's continuing drought emergency.
- Providence to expand resources for neighborhood watch groups Updated: Apr-15-16 4:14 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - With violent crime in Providence reportedly up 33 percent compared to last year, officials in Rhode Island's capital city are expanding neighborhood crime watch programs.
- Syracuse University, city agree to $7M service agreement Updated: Apr-07-16 12:44 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The city of Syracuse has worked out a deal with Syracuse University that will see the private institution contribute $7 million over five years to the city to offset its use of city services.
- Some Detroit neighborhoods paying more for enhanced services Updated: Apr-04-16 6:56 am
DETROIT - Residents of some Detroit neighborhoods have agreed to pay more for enhanced services.