- Statesboro elects 1st woman mayor in close runoff Updated: Dec-04-13 12:51 pm
- Elections lead to mostly new Atlanta school board Updated: Dec-04-13 6:20 am
- Ex-prosecutor to fill District 104 Ga. House seat Updated: Dec-03-13 9:40 pm
- Runoff Jan. 28 for Texas House special election Updated: Nov-19-13 7:01 am
- Ex-strongman's brother sworn in as Maldives leader Updated: Nov-17-13 9:16 am
- McAllister wins 5th District congressional seat Updated: Nov-16-13 10:19 pm
- Many House Republicans say: What GOP crisis? Updated: Nov-13-13 3:18 am
- Runoffs in 2 races for Mississippi House seats Updated: Nov-06-13 9:14 am
STATESBORO, Georgia - Statesboro voters for the first time have elected a woman to serve as mayor.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's school board will be filled with mostly newcomers as a result of Tuesday's runoff elections.
ATLANTA - Former Gwinnett County prosecutor Chuck Efstration will fill the District 104 seat in the Georgia House of Representatives.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Jan. 28 runoff date has been set in the special election to replace state Rep. Mark Strama of Austin, who resigned.
MALE, Maldives - The brother of the Maldives' former authoritarian ruler was sworn as the country's new president on Sunday, a day after his runoff victory capped a messy election that raised concerns that the tiny archipelago nation's fragile new democracy was in jeopardy.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Vance McAllister, a political newcomer with the backing of the popular "Duck Dynasty" TV family, is Louisiana's newest member of Congress.
WASHINGTON - As a Republican, freshman Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida cares about the Republican Party's image and fate. But what he especially cares about is a tiny sliver of the GOP: about 22,000 primary voters who lean heavily conservative and who secured his spot in the House.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Runoffs will decide special elections for two Mississippi House districts while Oscar Deaton bested four opponents in Vicksburg-based House District 55.