- Central African Republic to go ahead with elections Sunday Updated: Feb-10-16 12:02 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Central African Republic's long awaited presidential runoff vote will go forward Sunday alongside a second attempt at credible legislative elections, election authorities said as the two top candidates campaigned outside the capital Wednesday.
- Challengers warn of politics in Wisconsin Supreme Court race Updated: Jan-27-16 9:52 pm
MILWAUKEE - The two rivals trying to unseat Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Bradley warned of the influence of partisan politics on the state's highest court at a candidate forum Wednesday.
- OAS to send special mission to Haiti amid political crisis Updated: Jan-27-16 9:17 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The threat of instability in Haiti prompted the Organization of American States on Wednesday to authorize a special mission to help the troubled nation find a way out of a simmering political crisis and set a new date for a runoff election.
- Portugal's new president demands financial discipline Updated: Jan-24-16 6:39 pm
LISBON, Portugal - A center-right candidate scored a resounding victory in Portugal's presidential election Sunday, warning he would use the largely ceremonial post to prevent the center-left anti-austerity government from worsening the debt-heavy country's financial health.
- Haiti delays presidential runoff again in electoral dispute Updated: Jan-22-16 9:44 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - A presidential runoff that had already been delayed once and faced deep public skepticism was put on hold indefinitely Friday, as Haiti's leaders sought to negotiate a resolution to what threatens to become a constitutional crisis.
- For 2nd day in row, protest turns violent in Haiti capital Updated: Jan-19-16 10:16 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - For a second straight day, opposition protesters erected burning roadblocks and shattered windows in a section of Haiti's capital on Tuesday to press for new elections less than a week before a Jan. 24 presidential and legislative runoff.
- Several election offices attacked in Haiti as runoff nears Updated: Jan-18-16 10:23 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Stone-throwing demonstrators on Monday smashed car windows and set at least two vehicles ablaze in Haiti's capital, hours after several electoral offices were attacked in northern towns as the country prepares for a Jan. 24 presidential and legislative runoff.
- Special election May 7 will replace Turner in House Updated: Jan-15-16 6:05 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has set an emergency special election for May 7 to fill the vacant Texas House District 139 seat.