- Flood's toll incurred by few, borne by many Updated: Nov-26-13 6:24 pm
- Wildfire dispute between sheriff, local fire chief Updated: Nov-21-13 3:05 pm
- Fire in Ala. national forest contained Updated: Nov-18-13 4:19 pm
- Air quality alert in effect in area of NC wildfire Updated: Nov-16-13 4:05 am
- Post-wildfires, will Idaho deer, elk survive? Updated: Nov-15-13 1:28 pm
- Air quality advisory issued for western NC Updated: Nov-15-13 6:55 am
- UN: Besides Haiyan, 2013 storm season near average Updated: Nov-13-13 7:41 am
- New building going up for fire equipment team Updated: Nov-13-13 4:06 am
- Experts: Man, nature share typhoon tragedy blame Updated: Nov-11-13 7:13 pm
- Japan starts up offshore wind farm near Fukushima Updated: Nov-11-13 6:43 am
- George Clooney on Philippine typhoon: 'Terrible' Updated: Nov-10-13 6:13 pm
- NOAA: No giant floating island of tsunami debris Updated: Nov-07-13 2:08 pm
- Mead appoints panel to examine Wyo. forest health Updated: Nov-06-13 7:38 pm
DRAKE, Colorado - Lifelong canyon resident Mary Myers hangs a painted sheet from her front porch overlooking the Big Thompson River.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The sheriff leading the investigation into the cause of Colorado's most destructive wildfire on Thursday angrily disputed statements by a local fire chief that the blaze outside of Colorado Springs was intentionally set.
ANNISTON, Alabama - U.S. Forest Service officials say a fire that consumed more than 500 acres of the Talladega National Forest has been contained.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Air quality officials in North Carolina are continuing an advisory for air pollution in western North Carolina because of smoke from a Burke County wildfire.
BOISE, Idaho - Two massive wildfires that burned east of Boise blackened more than 280,500 acres, including 160,000 acres of winter range used by mule deer and elk.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - State officials have issued an air pollution advisory for the western Piedmont of North Carolina because of the ongoing wildfire in Burke County.
STOCKHOLM - Apart from Typhoon Haiyan, which has devastated the Philippines, it's been an average year for tropical cyclones, the U.N. weather agency said Wednesday in its annual climate report.
ROSCOMMON, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is putting up a new building for a team that transforms surplus military vehicles and other equipment into gear for battling forest fires.
WASHINGTON - Nature and man together cooked up the disaster in the Philippines.
ONAHAMA PORT, Japan - Japan switched on the first turbine at a wind farm 20 kilometers (12 miles) off the coast of Fukushima on Monday, feeding electricity to the grid tethered to the tsunami-crippled nuclear plant onshore.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The mounting death toll in the Philippines weighed heavily on the minds of George Clooney and Idris Elba, honored at the Britannia Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles.
WASHINGTON - Federal officials say there is no island of debris from the 2011 Japanese tsunami floating toward the United States.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead has named a diverse panel representing the timber products industry, government and environmentalists to examine how to improve the health of Wyoming's forests and report back with recommendations by next fall.