- 244 arrested in Southern California immigration sting Updated: Aug-31-15 7:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - Immigration agents arrested more than 240 people with criminal records during a four-day sting in Southern California, authorities said Monday in a show of force that comes as fewer people are being deported.
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Bill requires prosecution of transferred immigrants Updated: Aug-26-15 9:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Seeking to prevent another tragedy like the July killing of a woman on a San Francisco pier, Republican state lawmakers on Wednesday proposed legislation that would prevent California cities from accepting federal transfers of immigrant prisoners unless local prosecutors commit to pursuing felony charges.
- New Jersey's top court rules for abused immigrant children Updated: Aug-26-15 3:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Immigrant children who fled abuse and abandonment in their home countries only need to show that one parent mistreated them for authorities to consider granting them legal residency, New Jersey's top court ruled Wednesday.
- Man admits forcing immigrant teenagers into egg farm work Updated: Aug-24-15 6:28 pm
MARION, Ohio - The thousand-mile journey to the Texas border was supposed to bring the Guatemalan teenagers to a better life. Instead, it was the beginning of a terrible ordeal: Prosecutors say they were fraudulently plucked from U.S. custody by conspirators posing as friends or family who forced them to work as virtual slaves.
- 2 plead guilty in Missouri to immigration charges Updated: Aug-20-15 4:48 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Authorities say two people have pleaded guilty in Missouri to charges stemming from a fake marriage concocted to evade immigration laws.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Aug-20-15 10:56 am
St. Cloud Times, Aug. 19
- Attorney general cracks down on unauthorized immigration aid Updated: Aug-19-15 6:18 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced Wednesday that he has taken action against four companies accused of offering fraudulent legal services to immigrants.
- Trump takes a detour off the trail, reports for jury duty Updated: Aug-17-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump pulled up in a long black limousine and gave a very presidential wave as he made his way into the building. Then the billionaire promptly found himself seated next to ordinary, wage-earning, subway-riding New Yorkers, forced to wait - and wait some more - for the wheels of justice to turn.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio booed at NYC's Dominican Day Parade Updated: Aug-09-15 7:25 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio was booed as he marched in the annual Dominican Day Parade.
- Immigrant in church sanctuary reaches one-year mark Updated: Aug-08-15 4:08 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Rosa Robles Loreto could leave the small, Tucson church where she has spent the past year. But there is no guarantee she won't be sent back to Mexico, her native country.
- Gov. Baker: Immigration status "a tool" for law enforcement Updated: Aug-06-15 6:50 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker says police should be able to use an individual's immigration status to help protect local communities.
- Hillary Clinton slams Bush on immigration, women's health Updated: Aug-04-15 10:41 pm
DENVER - Hillary Clinton is slamming Jeb Bush and other Republicans over immigration and women's health.
- 2 immigrants in US illegally are named to city commissions Updated: Aug-04-15 7:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - When Karina Macias was elected mayor of Huntington Park, a small city in Los Angeles County, she noticed that many of its commissions were no longer active.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.