- NY inspector general accuses prison guard of benefits fraud Updated: Apr-28-16 5:47 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's inspector general says a state prison guard has been charged with fraud and grand larceny, accused of stealing more than $38,000 in sick leave and workers' compensation benefits by falsifying medical records.
- AP Source: Knicks interview Blatt for coaching job Updated: Apr-27-16 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks have interviewed former Cleveland coach David Blatt for their head coaching position, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.
- Margaritaville Resort to host job fairs, fill 600 openings Updated: Apr-27-16 9:56 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Margaritaville Resort in Biloxi will host jobs fairs to fill 600 job openings.
- Man pleads guilty to explosives use tied to abortion clinic Updated: Apr-26-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man has pleaded guilty to criminal use of explosives after he went to apply for a job a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack.
- Report: 41,000 lost food stamps in Wisconsin last year Updated: Apr-21-16 9:44 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new report from Gov. Scott Walker's administration says more than 41,000 people lost access to food stamps in the first year of a new state law requiring them to seek employment.
- Nordstrom to cut from 350 to 400 jobs Updated: Apr-18-16 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - Nordstrom Inc. said Monday it will be cutting about 350 to 400 jobs as it looks to be more nimble at a time where shoppers are shifting their spending more online.
- Utah reports job growth, slight uptick in unemployment Updated: Apr-18-16 12:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials report a slight rise in the state's unemployment rate over the past month.
- Keeping his cool as coach, Zidane keeps Madrid season alive Updated: Apr-15-16 6:26 am
MADRID - The hot-tempered France playmaker is gone. The level-headed Real Madrid leader is back.
- Eastern Michigan hosting 30th annual teacher job fair Updated: Apr-14-16 8:39 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is hosting a 30th annual teacher job fair.
- Noah's Ark job float your boat? Then you must be Christian Updated: Apr-14-16 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Want to serve food or operate rides at Kentucky's new Noah's Ark attraction? Then you must first pledge your Christianity.
- Sears closing 48-year-old store in northeastern Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-07-16 8:25 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - The first store to open in a northeastern Pennsylvania mall more than 48 years ago is closing.
- Manchester, Berlin holding job fairs Updated: Apr-07-16 12:44 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Workers are being sought at two job fairs, in Manchester and Berlin.
- State schedules Fort Bragg job fair for public safety jobs Updated: Apr-05-16 4:06 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The state Department of Public Safety is holding a hiring event at Fort Bragg as officials look to fill openings for correctional officers.
- Mobile chat apps Line, Kakao flourishing among young Asians Updated: Apr-05-16 3:36 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Forget Facebook and Twitter.
- U of Illinois president: Keep chancellor finalists secret Updated: Apr-04-16 4:02 pm
URBANA, Illinois - University of Illinois' Urbana-Champaign President Timothy Killeen wants to keep candidates' identities secret after he initially said the finalists for chancellor might sit through public interviews.
- Detroit to hold job fair; seeking 40-60 bus drivers Updated: Apr-02-16 5:48 pm
DETROIT - A job fair is scheduled in Detroit to fill city bus driver positions.
- Job-seekers return at fastest pace since before recession Updated: Apr-01-16 10:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are flooding back into the job market at the fastest pace since before the Great Recession, encouraged by steady hiring and some signs of higher pay.