- Connecticut adds 1,200 jobs in April as jobless rate falls Updated: May-26-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Employers in Connecticut added 1,200 jobs in April, the 10th monthly job gain in the past year, the Department of Labor said Tuesday.
- Mideast youth unemployment rises amid post-Arab Spring chaos Updated: May-21-15 3:40 pm
KITTEH, Jordan - Fawziyeh Sharif and dozens of other young women who make jeans for the U.S. market in a factory in this village in northern Jordan consider themselves lucky - even though they spend 48 hours a week bent over sewing machines for minimum wage.
- Indiana State Fair to hold job fair, wants to hire 500 Updated: May-21-15 8:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Fair organizers hope to hire more than 500 seasonal workers for this year's event.
- Assembly, maintenance, wait staff jobs at Littleton event Updated: May-13-15 4:34 am
LITTLETON, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is hosting a job fair in Littleton, New Hampshire, on Thursday.
- For some long-term unemployed, hope arises: A job audition Updated: May-06-15 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Bill Lewis was under more pressure than most new hires when he began a job in information technology last year in Monroe, Connecticut. Jobless for a year, he had eight weeks to persuade his employer to keep him and pay his salary.
- Lafayette government agency to host job fair next week Updated: May-05-15 12:32 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Economic Development Authority will host its annual job fair next week.
- Suit: No automatic license suspensions over child support Updated: May-04-15 1:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A new class action lawsuit seeks to end the automatic suspensions of driver's licenses held by parents in New Jersey who are behind on child support payments.
- Prosecutors drop sexual-assault charges vs ex-Mesa policeman Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
PHOENIX - Maricopa County prosecutors have agreed to drop sexual-assault charges against a former Mesa police officer.
- Ohio man serving life term loses appeal in Craigslist case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A man serving life in prison with no chance for parole has lost his appeal for a lighter sentence in the killings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers in Ohio.
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission sets job fair May 1 Updated: Apr-28-15 3:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Employment Security Commission's spring job fair is set for May 1 in Oklahoma City.