- Albuquerque starts new superintendent search amid turmoil Updated: Sep-01-15 5:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque Public Schools must enter another superintendent search after its new school chief resigned following the hiring of an administrator facing child sex abuse charges.
- Job fair with local employers to be held at New River Updated: Sep-01-15 4:02 am
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION NEW RIVER, North Carolina - A job fair for the military and their families is slated for Marine Corps Air Station New River.
- Job search mandate, unemployment tax change goes to governor Updated: Aug-27-15 1:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Changes to unemployment insurance laws that require more job search activities by benefit recipients are now headed to North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory.
- Pence headed to Japan next month seeking jobs for Indiana Updated: Aug-27-15 4:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence will lead a delegation of Indiana business leaders to Japan next month on an economic development mission.
- Brown County Fair manager fired after 5 months on the job Updated: Aug-25-15 6:59 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The manager of the Brown County Fair has been fired after only five months on the job.
- Woman who won discrimination suit asks $2.6 million Updated: Aug-20-15 1:17 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - A former Montrose County employee who won a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit after she lost her job is seeking $2.6 million for the loss of potential future earnings.
- Officials: Military likely to open most combat jobs to women Updated: Aug-18-15 4:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Two women have now passed the Army's grueling Ranger test, and even tougher and more dangerous jobs could lie ahead. The military services are poised to allow women to serve in most front-line combat jobs, including special operations forces, senior officials told The Associated Press.
- Virginia shipyard holds career fair in south Mississippi Updated: Aug-16-15 7:55 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - A federally run shipyard in Virginia is recruiting 850 miles away in south Mississippi.
- Nearly 3 dozen apply for top job at MNsure Updated: Aug-14-15 12:25 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Nearly three dozen applicants are vying for the top job at MNsure, but the health insurance exchange's interim chief executive isn't one of them.
- Western Illinois medical marijuana center to hold job fair Updated: Aug-14-15 11:26 am
BARRY, Illinois - A western Illinois medical marijuana cultivation center plans a weekend ribbon-cutting ceremony and job fair amid what its owners call heavy interest from prospective workers.
- US hiring reaches six-month high in June; quits also rise Updated: Aug-12-15 11:54 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. employers filled more of their available jobs in June, evidence that steady if modest economic growth is putting more Americans to work.
- About 75 employers to be featured at job fair Updated: Aug-11-15 3:35 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is holding a job fair at Nashua Community College.
- Omaha police boost effort to recruit minorities to the force Updated: Aug-08-15 11:36 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - As confident and comfortable as she appears in uniform, it's tough to imagine Omaha Police Sgt. Sherie Thomas ever questioning whether she would become a cop. But 17 years ago, when approached while in college, she did.
- US economy adds 215K jobs and moves Fed closer to rate hike Updated: Aug-07-15 2:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. job market just demonstrated that it may be nearing full health more than six years after the Great Recession - and showed why the Federal Reserve may be about to raise interest rates from record lows.
- Atlanta Medical Center hosts job for nurses Updated: Aug-05-15 5:41 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta Medical Center is hosting a job fair for registered nurses.