- 4 men seeking job as Council Bluffs police chief Updated: Apr-16-14 5:35 pm
- Williston homeless shelter effort deemed a success Updated: Apr-14-14 8:56 am
- MARTA police looking to hire about 50 new officers Updated: Apr-12-14 8:28 am
- New Hampshire groups host immigrant job fair Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 am
- Eastern Michigan holding teacher job fair Updated: Apr-09-14 4:05 am
- Connecticut again tries to ban unemployment bias Updated: Apr-08-14 2:32 pm
- Jackson school system plans job fair Updated: Apr-08-14 1:14 pm
- Initiative aimed at wooing workers to western ND Updated: Apr-07-14 9:19 am
- Personnel firm hosts BMW jobs fair in Duncan Updated: Apr-07-14 6:55 am
- Job fair being held in Hooksett, NH Updated: Apr-07-14 6:23 am
- Job fair set for revamped mall Updated: Apr-06-14 10:43 am
- AP top news in Iowa at 3:58 p.m. CDT Updated: Apr-05-14 6:02 pm
- Job fair for Griffin Pipe workers in Iowa Updated: Apr-05-14 1:55 pm
- US finally regains the jobs lost in the recession Updated: Apr-04-14 5:50 pm
- Alabama Legislature approves bill on jobs, welfare Updated: Apr-03-14 12:45 pm
- Department of Juvenile Justice hosting job fairs Updated: Apr-03-14 4:20 am
- Cherokee Nation hosting regional job fair Updated: Apr-03-14 3:17 am
- NH Employment Security hosting job fair in Belmont Updated: Apr-02-14 4:07 am
- Alaska school district moves to attract teachers Updated: Apr-01-14 3:00 pm
- Northwestern State hosts job fairs Updated: Mar-31-14 4:23 am
- Alabama unemployment rises to 6.4 percent Updated: Mar-28-14 4:11 pm
- Vt's Champlain College holds career fair Updated: Mar-24-14 4:37 am
- Post office hiring 70 in Memphis and Nashville Updated: Mar-24-14 4:05 am
- Pa. unemployment down, employment up in Feb. Updated: Mar-21-14 4:44 pm
- As demand for teachers grows, so do salaries Updated: Mar-21-14 12:19 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Four men are vying to become the next police chief in Council Bluffs.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The city of Williston has formally recognized a company that provided beds at its crew camp for a temporary emergency homeless shelter last winter.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's public transit system is looking for new police officers.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Refugees and immigrants who are graduating from New Hampshire colleges will get a chance to meet with prospective employers at a job fair just for them.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is hosting what it's billing as one of the state's largest job fairs for teachers.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are again trying to ban discrimination against unemployed job seekers, a problem that advocates say has not gone away even though the jobless rate has fallen from a peak of 9.5 percent in November 2010 to 7 percent in February.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Jackson public school system plans a job fair Saturday for prospective teachers, bus drivers, cafeteria staff and maintenance workers.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Job fairs are being held in 12 cities in the Dakotas to woo workers to construction jobs in the western North Dakota oil patch.
DUNCAN, South Carolina - A personnel firm is holding a job fair for people seeking positions at BMW Manufacturing Co.'s South Carolina plant.
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is holding a job fair in Hooksett, New Hampshire
NEW ORLEANS - Companies opening at the revamped Riverwalk shopping mall will hold a job fair Monday to take applications for nearly 800 part-time and full-time positions.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Registration for leasing garden plots in Iowa City begins Monday in the Robert A. Lee Recreation Center.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - An estimated 250 workers who will be losing their jobs with the closure of Griffin Pipe in Council Bluffs will have an opportunity to find new work next week during a job fair at the Mid-America Center.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy has reached a milestone: It has finally regained all the private-sector jobs it lost during the Great Recession.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature has passed a bill requiring people to apply for three jobs before seeking welfare benefits.
ATLANTA - Department of Juvenile Justice officials say they're hoping to recruit veterans and other experienced workers at a series of job fairs throughout the state.
TAHLEQUAH, Oklahoma - The Cherokee Nation is planning to host a regional job fair featuring nearly a dozen vendors later this month.
BELMONT, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is hosting a job fair in Belmont for positions ranging from account representatives to lab technicians.
SITKA, Alaska - Three administrators in the Sitka School District went shopping for teachers recently, attending job fairs in the Seattle area in an effort to entice teachers north to Alaska.
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Northwestern State University is sponsoring job fairs for students and teachers Tuesday at the Friedman Student Union.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's unemployment rate has risen to 6.4 percent due, in part, to more people beginning to look for work.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont's Champlain College is holding its annual spring job fair, which is geared toward its students but also open to the public.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Postal Service says it plans on filling more than 70 skilled maintenance positions in both Nashville and Memphis.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's unemployment rate continued its rapid drop in February, while employer payrolls inched up and the labor force grew after a 14-month skid, the state Department of Labor and Industry said Friday.
HOUSTON - After years of struggling not to lay teachers off, Texas public school districts suddenly are competing to hire new ones - with some Houston area districts boosting starting salaries to $50,000.