- Oregon State Fair recruiting 400 workers Updated: Aug-03-15 6:13 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon State Fair is looking to hire 400 workers.
- Iowa employee went to work for handgun vendor Updated: Jul-31-15 1:49 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa Department of Public Safety employee who helped draft a proposal to buy handguns for officers tipped off Smith & Wesson about the timing of the bidding process and was exploring a job with the gun company at the same time, emails obtained by The Associated Press show.
- Agency heads appointed by governor likely to keep jobs Updated: Jul-23-15 6:13 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Two state agency chiefs appear likely to keep their jobs even after a nationwide search for other candidates.
- Job fair to be held in Salem on Thursday Updated: Jul-22-15 4:29 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security agency is hosting a job fair in Salem.
- Job fair set for southwest Ohio's Liberty Center complex Updated: Jul-21-15 3:34 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - A job fair Tuesday offers people with a variety of skills and experience a chance to seek positions at a new mixed-use complex in southwest Ohio.
- New director wants to move law enforcement academy forward Updated: Jul-18-15 10:30 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Judy Bradshaw prefers not to dwell on the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy's troubled past.
- For most, summer league is a basketball job fair Updated: Jul-17-15 2:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - Think of NBA summer league like this: A job fair where nobody wears a tie.
- Homeless man from Gary receives job interview makeover Updated: Jul-16-15 5:04 am
HOBART, Indiana - Byron Allen had been living in a motel near Gary's Miller neighborhood until his employer didn't pay him on time, and he got kicked out on the street.
- Bilingual job fair planned in Charlotte Updated: Jul-15-15 7:34 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A job fair is planned in Charlotte later this week with companies seeking people only who speak more than one language.
- Amazon looks to hire 1,000 workers at Kenosha facility Updated: Jul-15-15 3:07 am
KENOSHA, Wisconsin - Amazon is holding a job fair as it seeks to fill 1,000 full-time positions at a fulfillment center in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Keene job fair planned Tuesday Updated: Jul-13-15 4:10 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Employment Security Agency is holding a job fair in Keene featuring manufacturing, retail, education, health care, and other fields.
- Program would require jobless to have plan to find work Updated: Jul-08-15 11:16 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents who receive unemployment benefits would be required to devise and stick to plans for finding work or risk losing lose those benefits, under a new program announced by the governor.
- Rhode Island awarded Department of Labor grants Updated: Jul-05-15 9:32 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has been awarded two federal grants that officials say will help connect job seekers with employers.
- Nigeria fires Stephen Keshi as coach of national team Updated: Jul-05-15 9:14 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's football federation has fired national coach Stephen Keshi amid charges he applied for a job with the Ivory Coast team.