- Scott says Connecticut officials help his recruitment effort Updated: Jun-25-15 11:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Florida's governor says Connecticut officials are unintentionally helping his effort to recruit out-of-state businesses by offering up state budgets that increase taxes.
- Gov. Hickenlooper announcing Colorado employment initiative Updated: Jun-23-15 7:53 pm
DENVER - LinkedIn is among several companies working to build a digital platform to be launched in Colorado that aims to connect employers, educators, and job-seekers with the goal of making sure workers have the right skills for employment opportunities.
- New Mexico looks to expand work requirements for food stamps Updated: Jun-23-15 5:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's administration wants to expand work, training and job-search requirements for low-income New Mexicans to qualify for food stamps.
- Portland man accused of luring woman with job interview Updated: Jun-23-15 6:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland man accused of luring a woman to his condo with the promise of a job interview, then raping her and choking her unconscious, has pleaded innocent to charges including rape, kidnapping and strangulation.
- Mississippi unemployment rate ticks up despite job gains Updated: Jun-19-15 1:37 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - With people flooding into Mississippi's labor force, the state's job market couldn't quite keep up in May.
- SC Chamber of Commerce, state hold job fair for military Updated: Jun-16-15 4:26 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - Members of the Chamber of Commerce, South Carolina state government and the Army's Fort Jackson are joining forces to help military veterans find jobs.
- Corrections department looking to fill administrative jobs Updated: Jun-15-15 10:28 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services is looking to fill key administrative jobs.
- Gov. Fallin, other agencies to host job fair in Tulsa Updated: Jun-09-15 3:23 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Gov. Mary Fallin, state agencies and local faith-based and community groups are hosting the Oklahoma Job and Resource Fair.
- Do more jobs mean more economic security? Not for some in US Updated: Jun-08-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy is churning out a lot of jobs these days but not a lot of financial security for many of the people who hold them.
- 5 reasons why US employers are showing confidence in economy Updated: Jun-05-15 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Employers last month delivered a vote of confidence in the U.S. economy.
- Myanmar: Migrants sought jobs, weren't fleeing persecution Updated: Jun-04-15 6:13 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar said Thursday that thousands of migrants left the country to seek better jobs elsewhere, and were not fleeing persecution, a day after bringing to shore about 730 migrants, the latest arrivals in Southeast Asia's ongoing crisis.
- Justices boost workplace religious protections Updated: Jun-01-15 1:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court strengthened civil rights protections Monday for employees and job applicants who need special treatment in the workplace because of their religious beliefs.