- Jets sign 3 draft picks, waive WR Anderson Updated: May-05-16 9:50 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets signed cornerback Juston Burris, offensive tackle Brandon Shell and punter Lachlan Edwards, three of their seven draft picks, and waived Joe Anderson, the wide receiver who made headlines by standing outside Houston's stadium with a sign looking for an NFL job last season.
- State and Nashville nursing home team up for job fair Updated: May-05-16 4:20 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation and the Middle Tennessee Career Coach will be hosting a job fair for those interested in both skilled and unskilled work at the nursing home.
- 240 students from 6 Detroit schools to attend career expo Updated: May-04-16 8:44 pm
DETROIT - About 240 students from a half-dozen high schools in Detroit are expected to participate in the police department's annual Bridging the Gap youth career expo.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: May-04-16 4:38 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- Another Hero2Hired career fair for veterans set in Lincoln Updated: Apr-29-16 7:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Organizers say more than 80 employers will attend the Hero2Hired career fair for veterans Wednesday in Lincoln.
- NY inspector general accuses prison guard of benefits fraud Updated: Apr-28-16 5:47 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's inspector general says a state prison guard has been charged with fraud and grand larceny, accused of stealing more than $38,000 in sick leave and workers' compensation benefits by falsifying medical records.
- AP Source: Knicks interview Blatt for coaching job Updated: Apr-27-16 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks have interviewed former Cleveland coach David Blatt for their head coaching position, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.
- Margaritaville Resort to host job fairs, fill 600 openings Updated: Apr-27-16 9:56 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Margaritaville Resort in Biloxi will host jobs fairs to fill 600 job openings.
- Man pleads guilty to explosives use tied to abortion clinic Updated: Apr-26-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man has pleaded guilty to criminal use of explosives after he went to apply for a job a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack.
- Report: 41,000 lost food stamps in Wisconsin last year Updated: Apr-21-16 9:44 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new report from Gov. Scott Walker's administration says more than 41,000 people lost access to food stamps in the first year of a new state law requiring them to seek employment.
- Nordstrom to cut from 350 to 400 jobs Updated: Apr-18-16 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - Nordstrom Inc. said Monday it will be cutting about 350 to 400 jobs as it looks to be more nimble at a time where shoppers are shifting their spending more online.
- Utah reports job growth, slight uptick in unemployment Updated: Apr-18-16 12:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials report a slight rise in the state's unemployment rate over the past month.
- Keeping his cool as coach, Zidane keeps Madrid season alive Updated: Apr-15-16 6:26 am
MADRID - The hot-tempered France playmaker is gone. The level-headed Real Madrid leader is back.
- Eastern Michigan hosting 30th annual teacher job fair Updated: Apr-14-16 8:39 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is hosting a 30th annual teacher job fair.
- Noah's Ark job float your boat? Then you must be Christian Updated: Apr-14-16 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Want to serve food or operate rides at Kentucky's new Noah's Ark attraction? Then you must first pledge your Christianity.
- Sears closing 48-year-old store in northeastern Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-07-16 8:25 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - The first store to open in a northeastern Pennsylvania mall more than 48 years ago is closing.
- Manchester, Berlin holding job fairs Updated: Apr-07-16 12:44 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Workers are being sought at two job fairs, in Manchester and Berlin.