- Lafayette government agency to host job fair next week Updated: May-05-15 12:32 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Economic Development Authority will host its annual job fair next week.
- Suit: No automatic license suspensions over child support Updated: May-04-15 1:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A new class action lawsuit seeks to end the automatic suspensions of driver's licenses held by parents in New Jersey who are behind on child support payments.
- Prosecutors drop sexual-assault charges vs ex-Mesa policeman Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
PHOENIX - Maricopa County prosecutors have agreed to drop sexual-assault charges against a former Mesa police officer.
- Ohio man serving life term loses appeal in Craigslist case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A man serving life in prison with no chance for parole has lost his appeal for a lighter sentence in the killings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers in Ohio.
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission sets job fair May 1 Updated: Apr-28-15 3:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Employment Security Commission's spring job fair is set for May 1 in Oklahoma City.
- Job fair a hope for laid-off Atlantic City casino workers Updated: Apr-22-15 4:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - There were only about 100 jobs available, and most of them will last for only three months.
- Job fair a hope for laid-off Atlantic City casino workers Updated: Apr-22-15 12:40 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - There are only about 100 jobs available, and most of them will last for only three months.
- IntegriCo Composites holds job fair Updated: Apr-22-15 4:04 am
SPRINGHILL, Louisiana - A job fair for positions at IntegriCo Composites will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at the Frank Anthony Community Center Center in Springhill.
- W.Va. job fair aimed at veterans, service members Updated: Apr-21-15 3:25 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A job fair for military veterans is set in Charleston.
- Eastern Michigan University set to host teacher job fair Updated: Apr-14-15 8:11 am
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is getting ready to host a major annual job fair for teachers.
- Florida Gov. Scott visits California on jobs-seeking trip Updated: Apr-13-15 6:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Florida Gov. Rick Scott was looking for jobs in Los Angeles on Monday.
- Nearly 40 apply for top job at planned Arkansas State campus Updated: Apr-13-15 7:23 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Officials say almost 40 people have applied so far to become the first chancellor of an impending Arkansas State University campus.
- Job fair planned for Connecticut veterans Updated: Apr-12-15 5:26 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Department of Labor is co-hosting its annual job fair for veterans who served in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy.
- Florida Gov. Scott heads to California on job-seeking trip Updated: Apr-12-15 3:05 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is heading out on a two-day trip to California in an effort to convince businesses from that state to move east.
- MARTA hosting recruitment fair for new bus operators Updated: Apr-09-15 4:05 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta's public transit agency is hosting a job fair to hire full-time bus operators.
- Bossier chamber hosts annual veterans' job fair Updated: Apr-09-15 4:05 am
BOSSIER CITY, Louisiana - The Bossier Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Spring Veterans' Job and Resource Fair on Thursday.
- Public safety employment among focus at W.Va. job fair Updated: Apr-08-15 3:13 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Job seekers interested in careers in intelligence sharing, security analytics and public safety are being invited to a meet-and-greet with prospective employers.
- Ex-Army colonel pleads guilty to breaking law in job hunt Updated: Apr-07-15 10:01 pm
WASHINGTON - A retired Army colonel pleaded guilty to negotiating his post-military employment with a helicopter company that did business with the Defense Department office he ran while still in uniform, according to court records filed Tuesday by U.S. government attorneys.
- Online petition seeks to save job of gay speech teacher Updated: Apr-07-15 7:31 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Students, parents and alumni of an Omaha Catholic high school have signed an online petition calling for the school to reverse its decision to fire a teacher over his same-sex relationship.
- Columbus to stop asking job seekers about criminal histories Updated: Apr-07-15 2:56 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - The Columbus Consolidated Government will no longer require all job seekers to disclose their criminal histories on applications.