- Hagel offers troops rare glimmer of hope on budget Updated: Dec-08-13 2:16 pm
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- Mass. marks Pearl Harbor anniversary Updated: Dec-07-13 4:27 pm
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 4:12 pm
- Feral hogs uproot sugar cane, rice fields, levees Updated: Dec-07-13 12:06 pm
- Separate ceremonies honor ND National Guard units Updated: Dec-07-13 10:53 am
- Oklahoma Air National Guard airmen to return Updated: Dec-07-13 5:04 am
- Hagel outlines new weapons sale plan for Gulf Updated: Dec-07-13 3:28 am
- UK foreign secretary seeks to reassure Gulf allies Updated: Dec-06-13 3:21 pm
- Yemen: Saudis among Defense Ministry attackers Updated: Dec-06-13 2:44 pm
- Hagel ship tour showcases US commitment to Gulf Updated: Dec-06-13 7:28 am
- National Guard sites to take same-sex benefit form Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- UN OKs military action in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-05-13 2:54 pm
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20 percent Updated: Dec-05-13 2:36 pm
- SD leaders boost partnership with Suriname Updated: Dec-05-13 11:53 am
- Official: Algeria kills high-level al-Qaida leader Updated: Dec-05-13 10:40 am
- Vt. F-35 opponents say will continue fight Updated: Dec-04-13 4:28 pm
- Air Force Academy defends use of cadet informants Updated: Dec-04-13 1:08 pm
- War crimes apologist from Franco-Algerian war dies Updated: Dec-04-13 12:01 pm
- Agans to be new commander of US Army unit at Shaw Updated: Dec-04-13 4:05 am
- Biden in China amid spat over air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:53 pm
- NH aide to Secretary of Army to be recognized Updated: Dec-03-13 5:58 am
- Michigan National Guard unit gets Kuwait send-off Updated: Dec-02-13 9:04 pm
- Long-running societal divide fuels Thai conflict Updated: Dec-02-13 8:01 am
- Myanmar still enlists boy soldiers despite reforms Updated: Dec-02-13 7:32 am
CAMP LEATHERNECK, Afghanistan - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday offered troops a rare glimmer of hope on the department's financial woes, saying a possible budget agreement back home could ease the automatic spending cuts that have hit the military hard.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
BOSTON - More than 200 people have gathered at a decommissioned U.S. Navy destroyer stationed in Boston to commemorate the anniversary of the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that launched the U.S. into World War II.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
NEW ORLEANS - Across Louisiana, human beings aren't the only ones who live to eat. Feral hogs are proving to be stiff competition, as they snack on sugar cane in Lafourche and St. Mary parishes and devour the rice fields of Acadia Parish.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota political leaders and others are paying tribute to two of the state's National Guard units on opposite ends of deployment.
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Air National Guard says about 300 members of the 138th Fighter Wing are set to return home from a deployment to Afghanistan.
MANAMA, Bahrain - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel opened the door for the U.S. to sell missile defense and other weapons systems to U.S.-friendly Gulf nations, with an eye toward boosting their abilities to counter Iran's ballistic missiles, even as global powers ink a nuclear deal with Tehran.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Britain's top diplomat voiced his country's strong commitment to the security of the Gulf states on Friday, seeking to reassure wary Arab allies in the wake of last month's nuclear deal with their regional rival Iran.
ADEN, Yemen - Yemeni military investigators say 12 militants, mostly Saudi nationals, were responsible for a brazen attack on the Defense Ministry's complex in the capital.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Standing on the massive deck of the Navy's USS Ponce, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the United States is entering the new nuclear pact with Iran "very clear eyed" and it remains to be seen whether Tehran is serious about keeping its nuclear development peaceful.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana National Guard personnel seeking benefits for same-sex spouses will have an easier time filing the requests, despite a state refusal to let its workers process the paperwork because of Louisiana's ban on gay marriage.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council authorized increased military action by France and African troops in the Central African Republican to try to end near-anarchy amid an upsurge in Muslim-Christian violence, killings, torture and rapes.
WASHINGTON - Saying the government should lead by example, President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered the federal government to nearly triple its use of renewable sources for electricity by 2020.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Leaders from the South Dakota governor's office and the state National Guard say a recent visit to Suriname helped strengthen ties between the state and the South American country.
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algerian army helicopters killed a high-level al-Qaida operative and four associates as they sped through the southern Algerian desert, a local official said Thursday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Opponents of a plan to bring the F-35 fighter plane to the Burlington International Airport say they will continue to use public pressure as well as legal action as part of their ongoing effort to prevent the plane from being based in Vermont.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Air Force Academy defended its use of confidential informants after a cadet said he was expelled because of misconduct linked to providing information.
PARIS - French Gen. Paul Aussaresses, whose remorseless admission of executions and torture during the Algerian independence war five decades ago forced France to examine the dark period, has died. He was 95.
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - An Army unit connected with the South Carolina-based U.S. Army Central is getting a new commander.
BEIJING - Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Beijing for meetings with top Chinese leaders amid an international spat over China's new air defense zone.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire has a new aide working to promote good relations between the U.S. Army and the public.
GRAND LEDGE, Michigan - Family and friends of 100 Michigan Army National Guard members have given them a warm ceremonial send-off as they prepare for deployment to Kuwait.
BANGKOK - Both the protesters on the streets of Bangkok and the Thai government pleading for them to go home say they're on the side of democracy, but that is not what their increasingly dangerous conflict is about. This is a fight about power, and who ought to have it.
CHAUNG THA, Myanmar - He disappeared when he was 12 years old, a skinny boy named Min Thu from the wrong side of town who thought he'd stumbled onto the golden ticket.