- Alabama man accused of $500K car theft caught Updated: Jun-08-15 5:32 am
HOOVER, Alabama - Police say an Irondale man stole the identities of dozens of patients at a Birmingham doctor's office and used their credit to buy 14 automobiles worth an estimated half million dollars.
- Man called a great impostor is charged with identity theft Updated: Jun-05-15 6:08 pm
DETROIT - Police investigating bad checks say they found much more: A Detroit-area impostor who inspired a 1989 award-winning film was posing like someone else - again.
- You've been hacked ... do this right now Updated: Jun-05-15 11:32 am
The entire U.S. federal workforce may be at risk after yet another intrusion from what security experts believe were hackers based in China. The Department of Homeland Security says that data from the Office of Personnel Management - the human resources department for the federal government - and the Interior Department has been infiltrated.
- NYPD cop accused of using dead man's credit card to buy ring Updated: Jun-03-15 8:52 am
NEW YORK - An NYPD police officer is accused of stealing a dead man's credit card to buy a $3,200 diamond ring.
- Dona County officials arrested in fraud, ID theft sting Updated: Jun-01-15 7:53 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Four employees of a southern New Mexico county clerk's office are among seven people arrested in a fraud and identity-theft sting, authorities said Monday.
- Another Arizona immigration law dismantled by the courts Updated: Jun-01-15 6:37 pm
PHOENIX - The U.S. Supreme Court landed the final blow against an Arizona law that denied bail to immigrants who are in the country illegally and are charged with certain felonies, marking the latest in a series of state immigration policies that have since been thrown out by the courts.