- NY man gets prison time for identity theft scheme Updated: Dec-08-13 1:44 pm
- Wire fraud, ID theft nets man prison term Updated: Nov-27-13 5:31 am
- Ex-JP sheriff's deputy pleads guilty in fraud scam Updated: Nov-21-13 6:29 am
- Ex-Ga. businesswoman convicted in fraud scheme Updated: Nov-20-13 5:36 pm
- Pa. woman stole parents' IDs to pay for surgery Updated: Nov-20-13 9:43 am
- 2 Georgia men sentenced for gift card scheme Updated: Nov-20-13 6:40 am
- Guilty plea in case tied to ID theft syndicate Updated: Nov-19-13 3:46 pm
- NJ man gets 4-year prison term in tax fraud scheme Updated: Nov-16-13 12:15 pm
- Ind. woman faces theft charges in identity scheme Updated: Nov-15-13 4:04 pm
- Ala. man sentenced in tax fraud scheme Updated: Nov-14-13 6:52 pm
- 2 CA women charged in cancer center ID theft case Updated: Nov-14-13 9:33 am
- Ohio jury has verdict in $100M charity fraud trial Updated: Nov-13-13 5:34 pm
- Ex-Texas loan officer gets prison for ID theft Updated: Nov-13-13 7:07 am
- Woman wins Clackamas false imprisonment case Updated: Nov-12-13 3:50 pm
- Trial reset in Kansas ID theft case Updated: Nov-08-13 10:01 am
- Report: IRS refunded $4B to identity thieves Updated: Nov-07-13 4:22 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A 41-year-old Syracuse man has been sentenced to more than three years in prison and ordered to repay $70,000 that he stole in an identity theft scheme that involved two other men.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 47-year-old Poplarville man has been ordered to prison and to repay $155,475 he stole by using another person's identity to transfer money to his bank account.
NEW ORLEANS - A former Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputy has pleaded guilty to five counts of bank fraud, and one count of aggravated identity theft and a civil rights violation in connection with a scheme to defraud J.P. Morgan Chase Bank.
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Federal prosecutors say a coastal Georgia woman has been convicted in a $4 million Medicaid fraud and identity theft scheme.
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to prison for stealing her parents' identities so she could fraudulently obtain $729,000 in student loans - much of which she used to pay for plastic surgery.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Two men from Georgia have been sentenced for defrauding several retail businesses nationwide out of hundreds of thousands of dollars through identity theft and wire fraud, federal authorities said.
LAS VEGAS - A Miami man pleaded guilty to five federal charges before his trial in Nevada in a case that prosecutors say involves a Russian-based cybercrime identity-theft organization known as Carder.su and more than $50.5 million in financial losses worldwide.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a central New Jersey man has been sentenced to four years in prison for his role in one of the nation's largest and longest running stolen identity refund fraud schemes.
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana woman faces theft charges alleging that she bilked two women out of thousands of dollars by using social media to create fake identities.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say an Alabama man has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison for his role in an identity theft and tax fraud scheme.
SANTA CLARA, California - Two women have been charged with identity theft for allegedly stealing personal information and mail from patients at a breast cancer center in Alameda County.
CLEVELAND - A jury reached a verdict in the case against the alleged mastermind of a $100 million, cross-country Navy veterans charity fraud and will announce its decision Thursday morning.
SHERMAN, Texas - A former loan officer who stole the identities of her father-in-law and dead mother for financial gain has been sentenced to more than five years in prison.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Jurors who deliberated less than two hours have awarded more than $101,000 to a Happy Valley woman who spent a night in jail and was sent to court in shackles before authorities in Clackamas County accepted that she had been a victim of identity theft.
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge has delayed the trial of a Canadian man living in south-central Kansas on charges of stealing the identity of an infant brother who died decades ago.
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service issued $4 billion in fraudulent tax refunds last year to people using stolen identities, with some of the money going to addresses in Bulgaria, Lithuania and Ireland, according to an inspector general's report released Thursday.