- Omaha Salvation Army to hold ID theft prevention seminar Updated: Oct-12-15 5:05 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Salvation Army in Omaha, in conjunction with Cox Communications, will hold a free identity theft prevention seminar later this month.
- Police say NYC man left stolen credit cards in rental car Updated: Oct-10-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - Port Authority officials say they have arrested a New York City man after he left a bag full of stolen credit cards in his rental car.
- Ex-comptroller of Albuquerque company is sentenced to prison Updated: Oct-09-15 6:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The former comptroller of an Albuquerque construction company has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in federal prison after being convicted of fraud and identity theft.
- Canadian citizen pleads guilty to stealing ID to get welfare Updated: Oct-08-15 6:18 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Prosecutors say a Canadian citizen has pleaded guilty to charges that he stole the identity of an American to receive welfare assistance.
- Bend woman gets probation for using fake nursing license Updated: Oct-01-15 2:55 pm
BEND, Oregon - A Bend woman convicted of identity theft is on probation after using a fake nursing license to secure a job as a nurse.
- Man given 12-year sentence for filing false tax returns Updated: Oct-01-15 4:55 am
WASHINGTON - A Raleigh man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison on charges of conspiracy to file false claims and identity theft.
- 2 plead guilty to stealing customers' ID at Wal-Mart stores Updated: Sep-26-15 10:54 am
PITTSBURGH - A couple who once lived outside Pittsburgh is awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty in what prosecutors said was a scheme to use cellphones to steal personal information from Wal-Mart customers.
- 2 Albuquerque men accused of ID theft and debit card fraud Updated: Sep-26-15 6:11 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police say two Albuquerque men are in custody for alleged identity theft and debit card fraud at casinos.
- Longtime impostor who inspired Sundance film pleads guilty Updated: Sep-24-15 5:49 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area impostor who inspired an award-winning film about being someone else pleaded guilty to identity theft and fraud Thursday after he was caught with records from a U.S. Military Academy graduate.
- Pawtucket market owner charged in $2.8M identity, tax fraud Updated: Sep-24-15 1:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Pawtucket market owner is accused of being a ringleader in a scheme to get $2.8 million worth of tax refunds by stealing the identities of hundreds of people.
- Officer's ex-maid waives charges she stole from dozen homes Updated: Sep-23-15 8:34 am
TANNSERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - A police officer's former maid is facing trial on charges she stole $7,000 worth of jewelry from his northeastern Pennsylvania home, and several more homes since.
- Woman sentenced for stealing dementia patient's identity Updated: Sep-18-15 6:03 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - An Alabama woman who admitted stealing an elderly dementia patient's identity and using it to steal her money has been sentenced to four years and nine months in prison.