- UNI employees report identity theft after breach Updated: Mar-12-14 1:20 pm
- Neb. man accused of stealing former classmate's ID Updated: Mar-12-14 12:28 pm
- Identity theft measure advances in Colorado Updated: Mar-12-14 11:35 am
- Ohio bill targets theft crimes against military Updated: Mar-12-14 3:04 am
- ID thieves target school employees' tax returns Updated: Mar-11-14 4:58 pm
- Georgia man sentenced in tax fraud, identity theft Updated: Mar-10-14 3:59 pm
- Texas tax fraud case puts focus on identity theft Updated: Mar-10-14 3:32 pm
- Jackson woman pleads guilty in ID fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 am
- Detective's ex-wife charged with identity theft Updated: Mar-07-14 12:49 am
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders Updated: Mar-06-14 6:23 pm
- Jail employee charged with stealing inmates' IDs Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- IRS scam now targeting more than 300 UPMC workers Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- Man pleads guilty to stealing SC doctor's identity Updated: Mar-04-14 1:17 pm
- Man pleads guilty to stealing SC doctor's identity Updated: Mar-04-14 11:08 am
- Alabama woman accused of stealing IDs in Georgia Updated: Feb-28-14 3:59 pm
- Ex-Martin mayor convicted of disability fraud Updated: Feb-27-14 7:20 am
- 2 public safety employees arrested Updated: Feb-26-14 9:38 pm
- Montville man sentenced for social security theft Updated: Feb-22-14 1:10 pm
- Hampton man sentenced for ID theft Updated: Feb-21-14 6:11 am
- Judge warns Canadian against further retaliation Updated: Feb-20-14 5:05 am
- Guatemalan in Maine pleads guilty to some charges Updated: Feb-19-14 7:20 am
- Ex-Ala. Social Security worker guilty of fraud Updated: Feb-18-14 5:37 pm
- Restaurant owner pleads not guilty to stolen IDs Updated: Feb-18-14 2:46 pm
- Thief's conviction shines light on ATM skimming Updated: Feb-15-14 9:23 am
- Baton Rouge woman sentenced in ID theft case Updated: Feb-14-14 9:49 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Employees at the University of Northern Iowa say they're victims of identity theft following some sort of data breach at the school.
GERING, Nebraska - A 25-year-old Gering man has been arrested, accused of stealing a former classmate's identification.
DENVER - Colorado motorists would no longer have to sign their vehicle registration cards under an identity-theft measure advancing in the state Legislature.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's attorney general and two state lawmakers are pushing for harsher penalties against scammers who commit identity fraud and other theft crimes against active-duty service members and their spouses.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Someone has been trying to get income tax refunds that should go to employees of a northwestern Indiana school district, officials said Tuesday.
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a metro Atlanta man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for filing false tax returns using identities he stole from prison inmates.
DALLAS - The recent case of a Texas man convicted of tax fraud highlights one part of the lucrative black market for stolen personal information that the IRS estimates altogether costs U.S. taxpayers more than $6 billion a year.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States by stealing personal information that was used to file false tax returns.
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County prosecutors have charged the ex-wife of a retired Tacoma, Washington, police detective with multiple counts of identity theft, forgery and theft.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Fayetteville man who police say stole a physician's identity and used it to write prescriptions and operate a fake clinic has surrendered to police.
MAYSVILLE, Kentucky - A one-time deputy at a northeastern Kentucky jail has been charged with stealing the identities of inmates at the facility.
PITTSBURGH - The number of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees targeted by identity thieves in a bogus federal tax return scheme is now more than 300.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A man accused of stealing a South Carolina physician's identity and treating hundreds of patients has pleaded guilty.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A man has pleaded guilty to stealing a South Carolina physician's identity and pretending to be a doctor.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Phenix City woman is charged with stealing soldiers' identities while working at the Fort Benning hospital in Georgia.
MARTIN, Kentucky - A former eastern Kentucky mayor and her daughter have been convicted in a federal disability fraud case.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Two employees of the Mississippi Department of Public Safety have been arrested, accused of federal identity theft.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge in New Haven has ordered a Montville man to pay more than $42,100 in restitution and serve three years of probation for stealing the identity of someone else to secure social security benefits.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Hampton man has been sentenced to five years and one month in prison for stealing the identities of other people to obtain government benefits.
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge has warned a Canadian man convicted of identity theft against filing any more legal actions against people who testified against him in the criminal case.
PORTLAND, Maine - A native of Guatemala charged with stealing the identity of a Texas man to obtain a Maine identification card, collect welfare benefits and get a job has pleaded guilty to some charges.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An ex-Social Security Administration employee has pleaded guilty to wire fraud, theft of government property and aggravated identity theft in a fraud scheme.
PHOENIX - The owner of two Phoenix-area restaurants accused of trafficking in stolen identities has pleaded not guilty.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Bulgarian man stuck a device to the front of a Virginia Beach ATM, federal investigators said. He pointed a nearby camera at its keypad and walked away.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 32-year-old Baton Rouge woman has been sentenced to just under 5½ years in federal prison for filing false tax returns with stolen identities.