- Jackson woman pleads guilty in ID fraud scheme Updated: Mar-07-14 4:55 am
- Detective's ex-wife charged with identity theft Updated: Mar-07-14 12:49 am
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders Updated: Mar-06-14 6:23 pm
- Jail employee charged with stealing inmates' IDs Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- IRS scam now targeting more than 300 UPMC workers Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- Man pleads guilty to stealing SC doctor's identity Updated: Mar-04-14 1:17 pm
- Man pleads guilty to stealing SC doctor's identity Updated: Mar-04-14 11:08 am
- Alabama woman accused of stealing IDs in Georgia Updated: Feb-28-14 3:59 pm
- Ex-Martin mayor convicted of disability fraud Updated: Feb-27-14 7:20 am
- 2 public safety employees arrested Updated: Feb-26-14 9:38 pm
- Arpaio's office accused of targeting businessman Updated: Feb-24-14 4:56 pm
- Montville man sentenced for social security theft Updated: Feb-22-14 1:10 pm
- Hampton man sentenced for ID theft Updated: Feb-21-14 6:11 am
- Judge warns Canadian against further retaliation Updated: Feb-20-14 5:05 am
- Guatemalan in Maine pleads guilty to some charges Updated: Feb-19-14 7:20 am
- Ex-Ala. Social Security worker guilty of fraud Updated: Feb-18-14 5:37 pm
- Restaurant owner pleads not guilty to stolen IDs Updated: Feb-18-14 2:46 pm
- Thief's conviction shines light on ATM skimming Updated: Feb-15-14 9:23 am
- Baton Rouge woman sentenced in ID theft case Updated: Feb-14-14 9:49 am
- Federal authorities arrest 6 at Neb. meat plant Updated: Feb-13-14 5:20 pm
- Alabama takes new approach to fraudulent returns Updated: Feb-12-14 11:37 am
- 2 Ill. men indicted in Wis. on fraud charges Updated: Feb-12-14 9:58 am
- 'Ringleader' of ID fraud ring sentenced in NJ Updated: Feb-11-14 5:33 pm
- Illinois attorney general: ID theft complaints up Updated: Feb-11-14 1:41 pm
- Man sentenced for filing fraudulent tax returns Updated: Feb-10-14 6:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Jackson woman has pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the United States by stealing personal information that was used to file false tax returns.
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County prosecutors have charged the ex-wife of a retired Tacoma, Washington, police detective with multiple counts of identity theft, forgery and theft.
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Fayetteville man who police say stole a physician's identity and used it to write prescriptions and operate a fake clinic has surrendered to police.
MAYSVILLE, Kentucky - A one-time deputy at a northeastern Kentucky jail has been charged with stealing the identities of inmates at the facility.
PITTSBURGH - The number of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees targeted by identity thieves in a bogus federal tax return scheme is now more than 300.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A man accused of stealing a South Carolina physician's identity and treating hundreds of patients has pleaded guilty.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A man has pleaded guilty to stealing a South Carolina physician's identity and pretending to be a doctor.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Phenix City woman is charged with stealing soldiers' identities while working at the Fort Benning hospital in Georgia.
MARTIN, Kentucky - A former eastern Kentucky mayor and her daughter have been convicted in a federal disability fraud case.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Two employees of the Mississippi Department of Public Safety have been arrested, accused of federal identity theft.
PHOENIX - A lawyer for an Arizona restaurant owner says the sheriff's office for metro Phoenix targeted his client on identity theft allegations in a bid to discourage him from cooperating with federal officials pressing a civil rights lawsuit against the sheriff.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge in New Haven has ordered a Montville man to pay more than $42,100 in restitution and serve three years of probation for stealing the identity of someone else to secure social security benefits.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Hampton man has been sentenced to five years and one month in prison for stealing the identities of other people to obtain government benefits.
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge has warned a Canadian man convicted of identity theft against filing any more legal actions against people who testified against him in the criminal case.
PORTLAND, Maine - A native of Guatemala charged with stealing the identity of a Texas man to obtain a Maine identification card, collect welfare benefits and get a job has pleaded guilty to some charges.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An ex-Social Security Administration employee has pleaded guilty to wire fraud, theft of government property and aggravated identity theft in a fraud scheme.
PHOENIX - The owner of two Phoenix-area restaurants accused of trafficking in stolen identities has pleaded not guilty.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Bulgarian man stuck a device to the front of a Virginia Beach ATM, federal investigators said. He pointed a nearby camera at its keypad and walked away.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 32-year-old Baton Rouge woman has been sentenced to just under 5½ years in federal prison for filing false tax returns with stolen identities.
FREMONT, Nebraska - Federal authorities say six people arrested at a meatpacking plant outside Fremont this week are likely to face criminal charges related to identity theft, not immigration violations.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama is taking a new approach to protecting taxpayers against crooks filing fraudulent income tax returns using stolen identifies.
MILWAUKEE - Federal prosecutors in Milwaukee say two Illinois men have been indicted on charges related to credit card theft and fraud.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The convicted ringleader of a massive identity fraud operation that caused more than $4 million in losses to banks, credit card companies and other lenders was sentenced to 12 years in prison Tuesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The number of identity theft complaints received by the Illinois attorney general's office climbed 18 percent last year, Attorney General Lisa Madigan said Tuesday.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A New York City resident has been sentenced to five years in prison for stealing identifying information and using it to file fraudulent federal tax returns.