- University of Arizona frat shut down over hazing violations Updated: May-20-15 8:22 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Another fraternity at the University of Arizona has been shut down over hazing violations.
- Parents of BU fraternity pledge files wrongful death suit Updated: May-19-15 6:38 am
BOSTON - The parents of a Boston University freshman who died after becoming intoxicated at a 2013 pledge party are suing the fraternity and three members of the organization in federal court for wrongful death.
- Ky.'s high court vacates student's drug conviction Updated: May-14-15 7:10 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Ruling that a fraternity house should be considered a private residence, Kentucky's Supreme Court on Thursday set aside a college student's drug conviction after police entered without a search warrant and were pointed to his room, where they found marijuana.
- Police: Fraternity in resort vandalism had previous problems Updated: May-14-15 6:52 am
GAYLORD, Michigan - A police report says a University of Michigan fraternity whose members were accused of helping cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in vandalism at a northern Michigan ski resort was allowed back at the resort following problems a year before.
- Western Carolina University fraternity under investigation Updated: May-14-15 6:46 am
CULLOWHEE, North Carolina - Members of a Western Carolina University fraternity chapter that was suspended last month amid hazing allegations are under investigation for an alleged assault that injured a student.
- University of Texas says 3rd student diagnosed with mumps Updated: May-13-15 1:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says three students have tested positive for mumps, and officials are trying to notify classmates and guests at a fraternity party one of them attended last weekend.
- WVU making changes to Greek life after alcohol-related death Updated: May-13-15 1:04 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Less than a year after a West Virginia University freshman's alcohol-related death at a fraternity house, a new university official is trying to change the school's Greek life culture.
- 4 Michigan college students take plea deals in hazing case Updated: May-13-15 11:33 am
SAGINAW, Michigan - Four Saginaw Valley State University students have accepted plea agreements following a hazing incident involving their fraternity.
- Sigma Chi closes University of Houston chapter for 4 years Updated: May-13-15 11:28 am
HOUSTON - Sigma Chi has closed its University of Houston chapter for at least four years as campus police investigate allegations of hazing.
- 1st lawsuit filed over retracted Rolling Stone rape piece Updated: May-13-15 5:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A retracted Rolling Stone magazine article that portrayed the University of Virginia as more concerned about its reputation than a student's alleged gang rape has prompted the first of two expected lawsuits.
- Former Illinois House GOP leader joins Aurora University Updated: May-13-15 4:58 am
AURORA, Illinois - The former Republican leader of the Illinois House has been named a distinguished fellow at a suburban Chicago university.
- Syracuse U. fraternity suspended during investigation Updated: May-13-15 3:06 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A Syracuse University fraternity has been ordered to suspend activities while authorities investigate an alleged assault.
- Plan could add 6 new Greek houses at Missouri State Updated: May-11-15 8:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A developer has presented an early plan to bring a total of six fraternity and sorority houses near Missouri State University in Springfield.
- Texas students take aim at Jefferson Davis campus statue Updated: May-09-15 4:08 am
DALLAS - Pity Jefferson Davis, if you will. Vandals have defaced his statue on the University of Texas campus, most recently with the words "Davis must fall" and "Emancipate UT." Student leaders are also seeking to remove from the Austin campus the century-old statue that recognizes the president of the Confederacy.
- Leader of Dakota College at Bottineau plans to retire Updated: May-09-15 2:28 am
BOTTINEAU, North Dakota - The leader of Dakota College at Bottineau plans to retire.
- 5 ex-NIU fraternity members avoid jail in hazing case Updated: May-08-15 7:32 pm
SYCAMORE, Illinois - Five former Northern Illinois University fraternity members were sentenced Friday to community service and fines in a hazing case involving the death of a freshman pledge after a night of heavy drinking.
- 'Animal House' frat loses appeal, recognition Updated: May-08-15 5:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Dartmouth College has rejected an appeal by a fraternity accused of branding new members, ending efforts by the Greek organization that partly inspired the 1976 movie "Animal House" to remain recognized on campus.
- Salisbury University fraternity suspended until 2017 Updated: May-07-15 4:20 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - A Salisbury University fraternity will remain suspended through the spring 2017 semester because of a hazing incident involving students.
- Charges pending against 9 for vandalizing Penn State frat Updated: May-07-15 3:58 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Police plan to charge nine men with causing more than $5,000 damage to a Penn State fraternity house that's been closed since last month.
- Feminist group accuses college of failing to act on threats Updated: May-07-15 2:49 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - A feminist group on the campus of the University of Mary Washington accuses the school of failing to act on sexual and violent cyberthreats made against its members, according to a complaint filed Thursday.
- Hard liquor out at University of Kansas frat chapter houses Updated: May-07-15 1:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Hard liquor will not be allowed at University of Kansas fraternity houses beginning this fall, according to a council that oversees the organizations.
- University of Wisconsin fraternity kicked off campus Updated: May-06-15 5:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A fraternity chapter at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has been kicked off campus after breaking the terms of its suspension.
- 2 SUNY students charged in connection with fraternity death Updated: May-05-15 7:01 am
GENESEO, New York - Two SUNY-Geneseo college students have been charged in connection with the drug-related death of a fellow student.
- Student group pushes for rape crisis center at Purdue Updated: May-03-15 4:08 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A group of Purdue University students is urging school officials to establish a rape crisis center on campus so that victims can get help sooner, especially after hours.
- Kansas fraternity expels 4 members for mocking Muslims Updated: Apr-29-15 7:23 pm
A fraternity at the University of Kansas has kicked out four members who admitted involvement in a video posted on social media that mocks Muslims.