- Plaintiff in Penn State hazing suit, lawyers tour frat house Updated: Aug-27-15 12:36 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A former Penn State student who is suing over alleged hazing toured his former fraternity house with his parents and lawyers for the involved parties.
- University leaders forced out land in high-paid faculty jobs Updated: Aug-26-15 2:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The resignation of the top administrator at the University of Illinois' flagship campus is following a familiar script: Step down under pressure, take a year off with pay, then return as one of the highest-paid members of the faculty.
- Middle Tennessee fraternity chapter suspended over sign Updated: Aug-25-15 6:25 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - A fraternity chapter at Middle Tennessee State University has been suspended by the national fraternity while a sexually suggestive sign placed outside an off-campus house is investigated.
- Uproar over suggestive banners hung near a Virginia campus Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A fraternity has suspended activities at a university chapter in Virginia after an uproar over sexually suggestive banners hung from a private home where several of that fraternity's members live.
- Panel finds fraternity cited for rape chant broke no rules Updated: Aug-20-15 6:14 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A University of Central Florida discipline panel says a fraternity that was suspended over a member's videotaped offensive remarks about rape did not violate university policy.
- Police: No hazing charges against Dartmouth frat Updated: Aug-19-15 8:02 am
HANOVER, New Hampshire - Authorities in New Hampshire say they've found insufficient evidence to charge a Dartmouth College fraternity accused of branding new members.
- Car accident lawsuit against Yale fraternity moves forward Updated: Aug-18-15 3:25 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A national fraternity at Yale University is headed to trial in the case of a 2011 crash that killed a woman and injured two others.
- UCF fraternity suspended after alleged rape chant video Updated: Aug-15-15 2:58 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A University of Central Florida fraternity has been suspended after a video handed over to the school showed a fraternity member making offensive remarks about rape.
- Fraternity complex at Central Missouri temporarily closed Updated: Aug-14-15 6:55 pm
WARRENSBURG, Missouri - More than 100 University of Central Missouri students will spend the first few weeks of school in temporary living quarters while mold is removed from the campus fraternity complex.
- Prosecutor: Criminal probe at standstill in Clemson death Updated: Aug-14-15 3:52 pm
PICKENS, South Carolina - The criminal investigation into the death of a Clemson University fraternity pledge remains at a standstill, despite a new witness account, a prosecutor said Friday.
- Texas Tech enacts more oversight of fraternities, sororities Updated: Aug-12-15 3:38 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech University has made changes for improved oversight of fraternities and sororities including a website to report complaints.
- 2 men plead guilty in SUNY student's drug overdose death Updated: Aug-12-15 7:41 am
GENESEO, New York - Two former students at a western New York college have pleaded guilty in connection to the drug-related death of a fellow student last year.
- University of Michigan seeking to bring back frat house moms Updated: Aug-10-15 3:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan officials are seeking to establish a plan that could pave the way for a house mom or a live-in housing director at more of the school's fraternities to help combat behavioral issues.
- Women testify against Utah State student accused of rapes Updated: Aug-06-15 5:58 pm
LOGAN, Utah - A woman who says she was raped by a Utah State University student says the 27-year-old man struck her in the face and choked her during the alleged assault a fraternity house.
- U. of Oregon sorority president injured in park fall Updated: Aug-04-15 11:14 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The president of a University of Oregon sorority is recovering from serious injuries sustained in a fall at Smith Rock State Park.
- Alaska Editorials Updated: Jul-30-15 1:38 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- 3 UVa graduates sue Rolling Stone over retracted rape story Updated: Jul-30-15 2:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Three University of Virginia graduates and members of a fraternity profiled in a debunked account of a gang rape in a retracted Rolling Stone magazine story filed a lawsuit against the publication and the article's author Wednesday, court records show.