- 3 UVa graduates sue Rolling Stone over retracted rape story Updated: Jul-30-15 2:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Three University of Virginia graduates and members of a fraternity profiled in a debunked account of a gang rape in a retracted Rolling Stone magazine story filed a lawsuit against the publication and the article's author Wednesday, court records show.
- U. of Richmond suspends fraternity for policy violations Updated: Jul-26-15 12:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sigma Alpha Epsilon's chapter at the University of Richmond has been indefinitely suspended for violating the school's policies.
- Man convicted of UI rape seeks overturn of verdict Updated: Jul-24-15 1:08 pm
MOSCOW, Idaho - A man convicted of raping a woman outside a University of Idaho fraternity house has asked that his conviction and 15-year sentence be dismissed.
- No bail in alleged sexual assaults at Utah State fraternity Updated: Jul-23-15 5:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge has ordered a Utah State University student accused in sexual assaults at a fraternity house held without bail.
- Teen's parents sue Johns Hopkins over alleged frat rape Updated: Jul-22-15 4:20 pm
BALTIMORE - The parents of a 16-year-old who says she was sexually assaulted at an off-campus fraternity party are suing Johns Hopkins University for $20 million.
- Teen's parents sue Johns Hopkins over alleged frat rape Updated: Jul-22-15 2:55 pm
BALTIMORE - The family of a 16-year-old who says she was sexually assaulted at an off-campus fraternity party is suing Johns Hopkins University for $20 million.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jul-21-15 8:06 am
Salina Journal, July 20
- No charges for head of frat whose pledge died on hazing hike Updated: Jul-20-15 10:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - The head of a now-defunct fraternity at California State University, Northridge will not face charges in the death of a pledge during a hike that some say was senseless and cruel hazing.
- Fraternity member pleads to misdemeanor in resort vandalism Updated: Jul-20-15 8:16 am
GAYLORD, Michigan - Another member of a now-closed University of Michigan fraternity has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge connected to vandalism at a ski resort.
- Nebraska university suspends Alpha Tau Omega fraternity Updated: Jul-15-15 12:47 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has suspended its Alpha Tau Omega fraternity chapter, citing a culture within the fraternity of alcohol use.
- 6 more charged in Hattiesburg Zoo flamingo deaths Updated: Jul-15-15 8:13 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Six more suspects have been indicted by a Forrest County grand jury for their involvement in an alleged fraternity scavenger hunt gone wrong resulting in the deaths of two Chilean flamingos at the Hattiesburg Zoo.
- University of Arizona cuts ties with another troubled frat Updated: Jul-07-15 8:10 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The University of Arizona has cut ties with another troubled fraternity.
- Salt Lake City fire investigating 2 fraternity houses fires Updated: Jul-03-15 1:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City fire officials say they're investigating whether two fires at University of Utah fraternity houses were intentionally set early Friday.
- Fraternity tied to racist chant hires diversity director Updated: Jul-02-15 5:09 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The fraternity connected to a racist video featuring University of Oklahoma students that surfaced this spring announced Thursday that it has hired a director of diversity and inclusion.
- University students urge transit bus drivers to return Updated: Jul-02-15 11:39 am
MILWAUKEE - Student government leaders at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Marquette University are urging Milwaukee County bus drivers and the transit system to come to terms on a labor agreement.
- Family sues after California frat pledge died on hazing hike Updated: Jul-01-15 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - The family of a California college student who died during a grueling fraternity hike sued the organization and the school on Wednesday, saying the young man's death was senseless and easily preventable.