- Ball State University Senate adopts transparency resolution Updated: Apr-29-16 3:20 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Ball State University leaders have adopted a resolution that came about following the abrupt resignation of school President Paul Ferguson.
- Elected CU student leaders accused of making pizza bribes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Two of the winning presidential candidates in the University of Colorado's student government elections will not be allowed to take office after allegations that they used bribes of cookies and pizzas to gain votes.
- Doubts about honesty led to university chancellor's removal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - University of California President Janet Napolitano felt compelled to remove the chancellor of UC Davis after documents contradicted the campus leader's contention that she did not have any dealings with contractors that were hired to bolster the school's image online, a university spokeswoman said Thursday.
- 2 NAU fraternities disciplined for not registering events Updated: Apr-28-16 4:27 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Northern Arizona University's two largest fraternities have been disciplined for holding unregistered events where alcohol was served.
- Gunman robs Temple University fraternity house, alert issued Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 am
PHILADELPHIA - Temple University has issued an alert after a student reported being robbed by a gunman in a fraternity house.
- University of Kentucky suspends fraternity for hazing Updated: Apr-27-16 4:57 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The University of Kentucky has suspended a fraternity for five years for alcohol and hazing violations.
- Kansas State University asked to examine off-campus rapes Updated: Apr-27-16 3:11 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State University fraternities are calling on the university to begin investigating episodes of alleged sexual violence that occur off campus.
- Drake's student senate won't recognize conservative group Updated: Apr-27-16 10:36 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Drake University student senate has refused to recognize a conservative group's chapter as a student organization.
- Charges dropped against 4 accused in Ole Miss hazing case Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Four of five University of Mississippi students accused in an alleged October hazing incident have had charges against them dropped.
- Christian student group files lawsuit against NC State Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Christian student group at N.C. State University is suing the school, saying it selectively enforces a policy requiring a permit for all types of free speech on campus.
- Universities, community groups form Flint research center Updated: Apr-26-16 2:58 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Three universities and a group of community organizations are sharing research and resources in an effort to better serve Flint residents dealing with the city's lead-contaminated water crisis.
- Southern Illinois University leader condemns racist video Updated: Apr-25-16 4:26 pm
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Racial tension on the Southern Illinois University in Carbondale campus is high after a series of recent incidents that include an anonymous video posted on YouTube that called for the lynching and beating of black students.
- 2 get probation for alcohol death of 18-year-old frat member Updated: Apr-25-16 1:35 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Two 23-year-old men have been given a year of probation for providing booze to an 18-year-old member of a University of Nebraska-Lincoln fraternity who authorities say died of alcohol intoxication.
- Kansas minority students seek parallel university government Updated: Apr-22-16 11:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Minority students at the University of Kansas, frustrated by what they see as a lack of attention to issues they care about, are pushing for an independent governing body to represent their interests - and have won the school's recognition and funding to start the long process that could allow them to do so.
- Clemson student accused of sex crime at frat house Updated: Apr-22-16 6:16 am
SENECA, South Carolina - Deputies have arrested a 19-year-old Clemson University student accused of forcing a woman to perform oral sex at an off-campus fraternity house.
- Lawsuits: Kansas State ignores off-campus fraternity rapes Updated: Apr-20-16 6:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Two female students allege that Kansas State University has refused to investigate their rapes and other sex assaults at off-campus fraternity houses, according to federal lawsuits filed Wednesday.
- 2 Miami University frats suspended for hazing, alcohol Updated: Apr-20-16 1:08 am
OXFORD, Ohio - Two fraternities at Miami University in Ohio have been suspended for hazing and alcohol-related violations.
- Woman admits tweeting fake threats to fellow black students Updated: Apr-18-16 5:02 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A former leader of a black student group pleaded guilty Monday to creating a false public alarm by tweeting anonymous threats against fellow black college students last fall.
- Reports: UO Greek life features blackout drinking, assaults Updated: Apr-18-16 3:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Fraternity and sorority members at the University of Oregon earn social status by drinking themselves into a stupor, according to a report commissioned by the school.
- Kansas University fraternity supports paralyzed member Updated: Apr-18-16 3:09 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas fraternity has raised about $30,000 for students with disabilities in honor of one of its members who was paralyzed while swimming in the ocean in Hawaii over winter break.
- Southeast Missouri to add first new sorority since 1994 Updated: Apr-18-16 12:41 pm
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Southeast Missouri State University is in the process of adding a new sorority for the first time since 1994 in response to increased membership in current sororities.
- Global expert to leader UNL's Water for Food Institute Updated: Apr-17-16 5:30 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An internationally known expert on water, food and environmental research will serve as the next leader of the University of Nebraska's Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Institute.
- Volunteers get hands dirty for Blacks Run cleanup Updated: Apr-16-16 3:27 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Mary Jane Rohrer braved the cold weather and sifted through a stream near Waterman Drive on the morning of April 9, scooping out trash as part of the 19th annual Blacks Run Cleanup.
- USU student accused of filming sexual encounter at frat Updated: Apr-16-16 3:23 pm
LOGAN, Utah - A Utah State University student is accused of videotaping his sexual encounter with a female classmate at a fraternity house without her knowledge.
- Indiana universities work on new plan for shared campus Updated: Apr-15-16 4:18 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Top leaders of Indiana University and Purdue say they're working on a new management agreement for the 13,000-student campus that the schools share in Fort Wayne following a state-mandated group's recommendations for splitting it into two colleges.