- Power outage forces restoration of ice for Blackhawks-Wild Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
- Fort Knox to show off energy independence at ceremony Updated: May-04-15 5:05 am
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - Fort Knox will display its ability to operate without external power during a ceremony this week, an achievement expected to save the post $8 million a year and prompted by a crippling ice storm a few years ago.
- Saturday night power outage in Las Cruces caused by balloon Updated: May-03-15 12:25 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Utility crews say a mylar balloon was responsible for an hour-long power outage Saturday night that affected thousands of Las Cruces residents.
- Filipinos urged to turn off appliances during Pacquiao fight Updated: May-01-15 8:56 am
MANILA, Philippines - An officer at a Philippine electric company has urged customers to turn off major appliances to help prevent outages that have recently plagued his province so people can watch the much-awaited fight between Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.
- Fire at power plant leaves Emmonak in dark Updated: Apr-29-15 11:13 am
BETHEL, Alaska - A fire at a local power plant kept Emmonak residents without power Tuesday morning.
- Cleanup underway from Monday's severe weather in Louisiana Updated: Apr-28-15 11:46 am
NEW ORLEANS - Cleanup was underway and power companies continued to restore electricity to homes and businesses across southeast Louisiana on Tuesday in the aftermath of severe weather.
- Rutgers working to restore online services following outages Updated: Apr-27-15 4:08 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - For the second time in less than a month, Rutgers University is working to get its computer network fully operational.
- Storm leaves thousands in Dallas-Fort Worth without power Updated: Apr-25-15 3:43 am
DALLAS - A storm packing winds upward of 80 mph has left thousands of people without power in North Texas.
- AT&T outage impacts 911 call centers in northern Nevada Updated: Apr-21-15 6:09 pm
WINNEMUCCA, Nevada - Parts of northern Nevada may be experiencing phone outages after AT&T reported vandalism damage that has impacted emergency calls.
- Beaver blamed for knocking out power to thousands in Maine Updated: Apr-21-15 6:50 am
BANGOR, Maine - A beaver is being blamed for knocking out power to thousands of electric customers in eastern Maine.
- Severe weather moves through north Georgia Updated: Apr-20-15 4:41 pm
ATLANTA - A severe weather system has crossed north Georgia, hitting some areas with hail and high winds that toppled trees.
- Thunderstorms cause power outages, flight delays in Texas Updated: Apr-18-15 10:59 pm
HOUSTON - Storms packing winds approaching 90 mph are sweeping across parts of Texas and Oklahoma, causing widespread power outages in the Dallas area - including at a professional soccer game.
- Bloomberg blames 'internal network issue' for global outage Updated: Apr-17-15 12:19 pm
LONDON - Bloomberg LP's trading terminals, which are used by most of the world's biggest financial firms, went down for a few hours Friday due to apparent technical problems, a crash that prompted the British government to postpone a planned 3 billion-pound ($4.4 billion) debt issue.
- Feds inspect Calvert Cliffs nuclear reactors after shutdown Updated: Apr-14-15 9:19 am
LUSBY, Maryland - Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspectors are visiting the Calvert Cliffs nuclear plant to probe the unplanned shutdown of both reactors after a transmission line problem that caused outages in the Washington region last week.
- Storm damages East Texas homes, no injuries reported Updated: Apr-10-15 4:55 am
LONGVIEW, Texas - A severe thunderstorm that brought high winds and rain through East Texas ripped the roof off a church, downed power lines and damaged a Longview nursing home, causing its evacuation.
- Power station problem in Maryland causes outages across DC Updated: Apr-07-15 4:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Problems at a Maryland electrical station caused widespread power outages across the nation's capital Tuesday, affecting the White House, the Capitol, museums, train stations and other sites.
- Electrical fire causes outages in Hartford on Easter Sunday Updated: Apr-05-15 5:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An overnight electrical fire that damaged underground cables left thousands without power in Hartford and West Hartford into Easter Sunday.