- Canadian newcomer Trudeau a fresh face among APEC leaders Updated: Nov-19-15 11:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - He's younger than the next youngest leader by six years and nearly a full generation behind the 60-year-old average age of his Pacific Rim peers.
- APEC leaders: Urgent need to cooperate against terrorism Updated: Nov-19-15 5:03 am
MANILA, Philippines - Asia-Pacific leaders called Thursday for governments to urgently increase cooperation in the fight against terrorism as they wrapped up annual talks haunted by the Paris attacks.
- The Latest: Manila slum near APEC shows poverty challenge Updated: Nov-19-15 4:49 am
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories are in Manila for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit. The meeting's official agenda is focused on trade, business and economic issues but terrorism, South China Sea disputes and climate change are also in focus. (All times are local.)
- Behind pomp of APEC summit, crushing poverty endures Updated: Nov-19-15 4:05 am
MANILA, Philippines - Just a few miles from the gleaming venue hosting President Barack Obama and other world leaders sits Manila's slum of slums on a mountain of trash, a potent reminder to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation bloc that the globalization agenda it promotes has left many behind.
- Highlights of declaration from annual APEC summit Updated: Nov-18-15 11:07 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories meeting in Manila for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit plan to issue a declaration that denounces terrorism and vows united efforts to combat its root causes. The following are highlights from the declaration seen Thursday by The Associated Press.
- China to Philippines: No sea feud talk at APEC summit Updated: Nov-10-15 2:51 pm
MANILA, Philippines - China's top diplomat asked the Philippines Tuesday not to raise contentious issues - an obvious reference to the Asian neighbors' territorial spats - in an annual economic summit of Asia-Pacific leaders in Manila next week, a Filipino official said.