- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet Updated: Apr-17-14 2:10 pm
- Universe is inspiration for local astronomer Updated: Apr-05-14 11:05 am
- Vast ocean found beneath ice of Saturn moon Updated: Apr-03-14 2:18 pm
- 2018 mission: Mars rover prototype unveiled in UK Updated: Mar-27-14 2:39 pm
- Newfound pink world lurks at solar system fringes Updated: Mar-26-14 4:22 pm
- Ohio lab tests generators for Mars rovers Updated: Mar-26-14 9:40 am
LOS ANGELES - Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected - a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
SCHRIEVER, Louisiana - For Ken Stage, life is looking up - up at the moon, stars and planets.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Scientists have uncovered a vast ocean beneath the icy surface of Saturn's little moon Enceladus.
STEVENAGE, England - It looks like a giant sandbox - except the sand has a reddish tint and the "toys" on display are very expensive prototypes designed to withstand the rigors of landing on Mars.
LOS ANGELES - Peering into the far reaches of the solar system, astronomers have spied a pink frozen world 7½ billion miles from the sun.
DAYTON, Ohio - A research laboratory in Ohio is simulating extreme day and night temperatures in Mars to test the power generators used in NASA'S Mars rover.