- New Ball State planetarium to open this fall Updated: Apr-23-14 10:22 am
- Purdue U. students outline plan for colony on moon Updated: Apr-21-14 4:07 am
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet Updated: Apr-17-14 3:57 pm
- Universe is inspiration for local astronomer Updated: Apr-05-14 11:05 am
- Vast ocean found beneath ice of Saturn moon Updated: Apr-03-14 2:18 pm
- 2018 mission: Mars rover prototype unveiled in UK Updated: Mar-27-14 2:39 pm
- Newfound pink world lurks at solar system fringes Updated: Mar-26-14 4:22 pm
- Ohio lab tests generators for Mars rovers Updated: Mar-26-14 9:40 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - About 1,800 Ball State University students take introductory astronomy courses each year, which is higher than the number taking such classes at Indiana University, Purdue University and the University of Notre Dame combined.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A team of Purdue University students has created a $550 billion plan to colonize the moon as part of a senior design project.
LOS ANGELES - Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected - a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
SCHRIEVER, Louisiana - For Ken Stage, life is looking up - up at the moon, stars and planets.
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Scientists have uncovered a vast ocean beneath the icy surface of Saturn's little moon Enceladus.
STEVENAGE, England - It looks like a giant sandbox - except the sand has a reddish tint and the "toys" on display are very expensive prototypes designed to withstand the rigors of landing on Mars.
LOS ANGELES - Peering into the far reaches of the solar system, astronomers have spied a pink frozen world 7½ billion miles from the sun.
DAYTON, Ohio - A research laboratory in Ohio is simulating extreme day and night temperatures in Mars to test the power generators used in NASA'S Mars rover.