- Air pollution taking hold over N. Utah Updated: Dec-12-13 5:44 pm
- Minn. to issue draft silica sand mining guidelines Updated: Dec-12-13 1:06 pm
- China asks pilots to master low-visibility landing Updated: Dec-12-13 7:16 am
- Sriracha maker: California halting sauce shipments Updated: Dec-11-13 7:11 pm
- Pa. joins NE, Atlantic states in pollution action Updated: Dec-10-13 5:12 pm
- Court looks at EPA rule on cross-state pollution Updated: Dec-10-13 2:54 pm
- State recycling rate down slightly in 2012 Updated: Dec-10-13 2:30 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Honeywell to build new plant in Geismar Updated: Dec-10-13 9:53 am
- County, state to announce no burn campaign Updated: Dec-10-13 7:44 am
- Washoe County imposes burn ban Updated: Dec-10-13 6:14 am
- EPA: Lands around Riverton still 'Indian Country' Updated: Dec-10-13 12:32 am
- 9 states tighten carbon dioxide pollution rules Updated: Dec-09-13 6:08 pm
- Northeast, Mid-Atlantic seek anti-pollution action Updated: Dec-09-13 2:05 pm
- Earth's atmosphere to take beating at World Cup Updated: Dec-09-13 12:52 pm
- East Coast governors discuss downwind pollution Updated: Dec-09-13 2:55 am
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and chicken Updated: Dec-08-13 3:25 pm
- Vt. short of its goal for greenhouse gas emissions Updated: Dec-07-13 12:47 pm
- Smog at extremely hazardous levels in Shanghai Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 am
- PUC tells Xcel to study retiring 2 units at Sherco Updated: Dec-05-13 5:42 pm
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20 percent Updated: Dec-05-13 2:36 pm
- City officials: Phoenix reduces greenhouse gases Updated: Dec-05-13 5:08 am
- Utah governor releases $13.3B budget proposal Updated: Dec-04-13 5:45 pm
- Environmentalists to NY: Scrap liquefied gas plans Updated: Dec-04-13 4:07 pm
- Group divided over how to cut Washington emissions Updated: Dec-04-13 3:34 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Much of northern Utah was under a health alert Thursday as lung-busting soot counts signaled the arrival of another air pollution season that coincides with cold and stagnant air, which can trap industrial and tailpipe emission close to the ground.
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota plans to release a draft set of model standards Friday to help communities struggling to regulate the boom in mining for silica sand, which oil and gas drillers use for hydraulic fracturing.
BEIJING - Chinese aviation authorities will soon require captains of domestic flights into Beijing to master low-visibility landings to combat chronic flight delays that have been worsened by heavy smog.
LOS ANGELES - The Southern California-based maker of Sriracha says it can't ship any more of its popular hot sauces to food distributors until next month because the state Department of Public Health is now enforcing stricter guidelines.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania is joining a petition with eight other northeast and mid-Atlantic states to ask the federal government to require nine upwind states to reduce air pollution emissions.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court indicated Tuesday it could breathe new life into a federal rule requiring states to reduce power plant pollution from the South and Midwest that fouls the air in the eastern U.S.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington residents recycled slightly less in 2012 than the year before, but the recycling rate still surpassed a 50 percent goal set by state law.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
GESISMAR, Louisiana - Honeywell says it will build a new auto-refrigerant manufacturing plant at its Geismar facility.
PHOENIX - Maricopa County and state officials are set to kick off the "Don't Burn Wood on No Burn Days" campaign aimed at protecting public health and keeping in compliance with federal air quality standards.
RENO, Nevada - Bitter cold temperatures are trapping air pollution in the valleys of western Nevada, prompting Washoe County health officials to issue a ban on using fireplaces, wood or pellet stoves.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has determined that congressional action over a century ago didn't change the legal status of nearly 1.5 million acres around Riverton as Indian Country.
BOSTON - The Patrick administration has issued final amendments to a regulation it says will reduce up to 90 million tons of carbon dioxide pollution from power plants across nine New England and mid-Atlantic states during the next six years.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Eight Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states petitioned the federal government Monday to require nine upwind states to cut down air pollution emissions.
SALVADOR, Brazil - The World Cup may be great for planet soccer, but it isn't so good for planet Earth.
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell is joining other East Coast governors for an announcement regarding the impact of out-of-state air pollution on Delaware and other states in the region.
SAN FRANCISCO - The startup is housed in a garage-like space in San Francisco's tech-heavy South of Market neighborhood, but it isn't like most of its neighbors that develop software, websites and mobile-phone apps. Its mission is to find plant replacements for eggs.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont has fallen well short of its first major goal in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
SHANGHAI - Shanghai authorities ordered schoolchildren indoors and halted all construction Friday as China's financial hub suffered one of its worst bouts of air pollution, bringing visibility down to a few dozen meters, delaying flights and obscuring the city's spectacular skyline.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission has told Xcel Energy to study retiring the two oldest units at its Sherco power plant.
WASHINGTON - Saying the government should lead by example, President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered the federal government to nearly triple its use of renewable sources for electricity by 2020.
PHOENIX - Phoenix is ahead of schedule in its effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from city operations.
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert released a $13.3 billion budget proposal Wednesday that calls for more than $260 million in new education spending.
ALBANY, New York - Environmental groups Wednesday delivered thousands of comments critical of New York's proposed liquefied natural gas regulations and demanded the state withdraw the proposals and start over.
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee stood with the governors of California and Oregon and a Canadian province official several weeks ago and agreed to put a price on greenhouse gas pollution and mandate the use of cleaner-burning fuels.