- Workers preparing to enter New Mexico nuke dump Updated: Mar-10-14 8:37 pm
- More choices, more rides bring transit renaissance Updated: Mar-10-14 7:55 pm
- Senate Democrats plan all-night session on climate Updated: Mar-10-14 6:39 pm
- Phillips 66 fined $230K for SF Bay air violations Updated: Mar-10-14 5:55 pm
- Vt.'s Sen. Sanders to lead climate "wake-up" call Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law Updated: Mar-09-14 11:45 am
- Wood smoke plan could make new stoves too costly Updated: Mar-09-14 9:35 am
- China to tighten rules against pollution Updated: Mar-08-14 10:04 pm
- MPCA expands air pollution alert in eastern Minn. Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Air quality advisory issued for southwest NH Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Utah lawmakers take up batch of air quality bills Updated: Mar-06-14 8:16 pm
- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Douglas County issues air quality alert Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- Potholes? Parking? Mexico, LA mayors compare apps Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Environmental group sues Ameren over coal plants Updated: Mar-05-14 3:18 pm
- China vows tough reforms, stronger defense Updated: Mar-05-14 5:16 am
- State: Columbia River oil terminal violated permit Updated: Mar-04-14 6:16 pm
- Obama admin drives ahead with new cleaner gas rule Updated: Mar-03-14 1:51 pm
- Vt. loves renewable energy, except when it arrives Updated: Mar-02-14 2:34 pm
- Chinese media outlet uses racial slur at US envoy Updated: Feb-28-14 2:17 pm
- New mine coming to Albany County Updated: Feb-28-14 12:00 pm
- Wyoming top in CO2 per person amid new regulations Updated: Feb-27-14 6:29 pm
- Los Angeles suburb holds off on hot sauce decision Updated: Feb-27-14 1:13 am
- China leader's stroll in Beijing alley sparks buzz Updated: Feb-25-14 10:14 pm
- Oregon study: 2012 fire showed need for thinning Updated: Feb-25-14 7:32 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Department of Energy and the operators of the nation's only underground nuclear waste dump said Monday they are making plans to allow specially trained workers to enter the site for the first time in weeks after more than a dozen employees were exposed to low levels of radiation during a mysterious leak.
LOS ANGELES - With more trains and buses to take, and the appeal of using travel time for pursuits other than dodging traffic, Americans are taking greater advantage of a renaissance in public transit, according to a new report.
WASHINGTON - It's a lot of hot air about a lot of hot air.
RODEO, California - Phillips 66 Company has been fined $230,900 by San Francisco Bay Area air quality officials for numerous air pollution violations.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will help lead an overnight session of the Senate's Climate Action Task Force in what he terms a wake-up call on global warming.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's greenhouse gas reduction law already has shaken up the state's industrial sector, costing it more than $1.5 billion in pollution permit fees.
PORTLAND, Maine - In the poorest state in New England, where residents already struggle to heat their homes, officials are worried a federal proposal to reduce wood smoke pollution will make new stoves too expensive and prevent Mainers from buying cleaner technology.
BEIJING - China will tighten environmental legislation and force polluters to pay compensation following renewed blasts of toxic air, the country's top legislator said Sunday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has expanded its air pollution advisory and has now put the eastern two-thirds of the state under an air pollution health alert.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services says air pollution concentrations in the southwest part of the state are expected to last through Saturday.
SALT LAKE CITY - Measures to clear Utah's murky wintertime skies are working their way through the state Legislature. But with only a week to clinch a final OK from state lawmakers this legislative session, it's unclear how many of them will become law.
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha and other areas under Douglas County have been issued an air quality alert due to trapped particles close to the ground.
MEXICO CITY - What do the mayors of gigantic cities do when they get together? According to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, "Compare apps."
ST. LOUIS - A national environmental group has made good on its promise to sue a St. Louis-based utility over what it calls thousands of violations of federal clean air laws.
BEIJING - China's government responded to public demands for bold leadership with vows Wednesday to press long-sought market reforms, defend against terrorism after a horrific slashing attack, and heavily boost military spending amid rising tensions with Japan.
CLATSKANIE, Oregon - A Columbia River industrial plant converted from making ethanol to shipping volatile North Dakota crude oil has been operating improperly by moving six times the volume its permit allowed, Oregon regulators say.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is driving ahead with a dramatic reduction in sulfur in gasoline and tailpipe emissions, declaring that cleaner air will save thousands of lives per year at little cost to consumers.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Getting energy from the sun, wind and forests fits with Vermont's sense of itself as clean, green and independent. But when it comes time to build and live with the projects that make it possible, things can get complicated.
BEIJING - A major Chinese government news service used a racist slur to describe the departing American ambassador in a mean-spirited editorial on Friday that drew widespread public condemnation in China.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A new limestone quarry and fine grind plant in Albany County may be operational by the end of the year.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Turns out the worst state for carbon dioxide emissions per person isn't smoggy California or bustling New York, but a place famous for its big, clear skies: Wyoming.
IRWINDALE, California - The waft of a popular hot sauce will remain in a Southern California city for now as council members on Wednesday night delayed a decision on whether its spicy emissions are a public nuisance.
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping braved Beijing's choking smog Tuesday, making an unannounced visit to a trendy alley and sitting with residents in his latest public relations effort to be seen as a man of the people.
BEND, Oregon - A 2012 fire that caused hazardous air quality in parts of Central Oregon is a good example of why forests should be thinned to prevent scorching wildfires, a state study concludes.