- Figure skating champ Lysacek out of Sochi Games Updated: Dec-10-13 6:41 pm
- Fatkulina wins sprint at speedskating World Cup Updated: Dec-07-13 5:46 pm
- White knows he's man to beat - again - in Sochi Updated: Dec-07-13 12:04 am
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Takahashi pulls out of GP Final with leg injury Updated: Nov-28-13 5:11 am
- Chan eyes Olympic gold after Trophee Bompard win Updated: Nov-16-13 4:56 pm
- Chan thrills crowd in winning 4th Trophee Bompard Updated: Nov-16-13 12:00 pm
- Estonia stops Russian figure skater's Sochi hopes Updated: Nov-14-13 1:09 pm
Evan Lysacek woke up every morning praying this would be the day the excruciating pain in his left hip - "like you're being electrocuted" - would subside. And every day when he stepped on the ice, the searing throb of pain reminded him that passion alone can't fuel a dream.
BERLIN - Olga Fatkulina of Russia took advantage of Olympic champion Lee Sang-hwa's absence to win her first World Cup speedskating sprint of the season on Saturday.
With two Olympic gold medals, more than a dozen titles at the X Games - Winter and Summer - and crossover appeal that makes sponsors drool, Shaun White knows everyone will be coming after him in Sochi.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
TOKYO - Japanese skater Daisuke Takahashi has withdrawn from next week's Grand Prix Final because of a leg injury.
PARIS - Patrick Chan knows the pressure on him will be intense at the Sochi Olympics after breaking three of his own world records on the way to his fourth victory at the Trophee Bompard.
PARIS - Three-time world champion Patrick Chan left the ice to a deafening standing ovation after another near-faultless performance in the free skate helped the Canadian win the Trophee Bompard for the fourth time on Saturday.
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia's skating federation says the government has rejected Russian figure skater Alexander Zaboev's fast-track application for Estonian citizenship, meaning he won't be able to compete in the Sochi Olympics.