- Program to help family travel in college football playoffs Updated: Aug-04-15 5:45 pm
IRVING, Texas - The College Football Playoff is expanding its program to help pay travel expenses for parents and guardians of players to also include the national semifinal games.
- University of Oregon settles lawsuit over rape allegations Updated: Aug-04-15 5:01 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The University of Oregon has agreed to pay $800,000 to settle a lawsuit brought by a student who claimed she was sexually assaulted last year by three basketball players.
- WAC, Big West and West Coast joining officiating alliance Updated: Aug-04-15 4:57 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The basketball officiating alliance between the Pac-12 and Mountain West conferences is about to get bigger.
- Cardinals will face Puerto Rican teams 9 times in 6 days Updated: Aug-04-15 3:33 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville men's basketball team has scheduled nine exhibition games over six days against Puerto Rico national teams, including three doubleheaders.
- NDSU to play Illinois, Iowa State in men's basketball Updated: Aug-04-15 12:53 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Nonconference games at Illinois and Iowa State highlight the upcoming season schedule for the North Dakota State University men's basketball team.
- 7 Minnesota basketball players accused of assault spree Updated: Aug-03-15 8:01 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Seven youth basketball players visiting Wichita for a weekend tournament were arrested on numerous charges Sunday night after police said they went on an assault spree around the city.
- School report: Illinois players' allegations unfounded Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former University of Illinois women's basketball players' allegations of racially motivated mistreatment were unfounded, investigators hired by the school concluded in a report released Monday that also found that one former assistant coach "treated players harshly."
- Russell continues her comeback on Lady Vols' tour of Italy Updated: Aug-03-15 6:02 pm
Tennessee center Mercedes Russell finally gets to play with her Lady Vols teammates again this week as she continues her comeback from foot surgeries.
- UConn finding recruiting niche in graduate transfers Updated: Aug-03-15 5:20 pm
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut - UConn basketball coach Kevin Ollie has found a niche in recruiting players who already have graduated but still have one year of basketball eligibility.
- UALR offering gift certificiate after hoop renewals Updated: Aug-03-15 1:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Little Rock men and women's basketball teams say they will give a $25 gift certificate for the team souvenir store to people who renew their season tickets by Friday.
- ORU's Emegano recognized for academic work Updated: Aug-03-15 12:14 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A guard from Oral Roberts University has been named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches' honor court.
- Ex-Illini players' attorney says report doesn't surprise him Updated: Aug-03-15 12:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The attorney for a group of former Illini women's basketball players says he's not surprised a university-funded report showed his clients' accusations of mistreatment were unfounded.
- Mavunga transfers from North Carolina to Ohio State Updated: Aug-01-15 5:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - North Carolina center Stephanie Mavunga is transferring to Ohio State, leaving the Tar Heels without their entire four-player recruiting class ranked No. 1 nationally in 2013.
- Calipari, Towns impressed by Wildcats' summer workouts Updated: Aug-01-15 1:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach John Calipari believes his latest class of talented recruits can keep the Wildcats in the national championship discussion.
- Hurley hits the ground running with Sun Devils Updated: Jul-31-15 8:10 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Bobby Hurley's arrival at Arizona State created a buzz in the desert and drew national attention to a program often overshadowed by its rival to the south.
- Kentucky faces North Carolina in alumni charity game at Rupp Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky pro players will face a similar squad of North Carolina stars on Sept. 13 at Rupp Arena in an alumni game benefiting charity.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- Pittsburgh extends McConnell-Serio's contract through 2021 Updated: Jul-31-15 1:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh and women's basketball coach Suzie McConnell-Serio have reached an agreement on a new contract that will run through the 2020-21 season.
- South Carolina forward A'ja Wilson returns with more US gold Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Another summer, another international title for Southeastern Conference freshman of the year A'ja Wilson.
- Arkansas State announces nonconference basketball schedule Updated: Jul-30-15 2:57 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State has announced its nonconference schedule for the coming season with games against Missouri, Baylor and Oregon - plus three games against in-state rivals Lyon College, Arkansas-Monticello and Central Arkansas.
- Iowa-Iowa State game moved to Dec. 10 for TV coverage Updated: Jul-30-15 11:28 am
AMES, Iowa - Officials in Ames say the Iowa-Iowa State men's basketball game has been rescheduled to accommodate national television coverage.
- Wake Forest administrator named Furman athletic director Updated: Jul-29-15 4:43 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Wake Forest athletic administrator Mike Buddie was named new athletic director at Furman.
- Oklahoma State women's basketball nonconference schedule set Updated: Jul-29-15 3:16 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State has released the women's basketball nonconference schedule that includes a game against in-state rival Oral Roberts.
- Henderson aims for big role with NC State after transfer Updated: Jul-29-15 12:45 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Terry Henderson has seen transfers thrive before at North Carolina State. Now it's his turn.
- Illinois guard Abrams tears Achilles, out for 2nd season Updated: Jul-28-15 5:12 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois senior point guard Tracy Abrams will miss a second straight season because of an injury, a damaging blow to the team's hopes of returning to the NCAA Tournament.