- Iowa State's Melvin Ejim AP Big 12 Player of Year Updated: Mar-10-14 11:02 am
- Big East honors: Hall's Edwin, Marquette's Gardner Updated: Mar-10-14 10:11 am
- Juco hoops star in North Dakota commits to Iowa Updated: Mar-10-14 8:41 am
- USD to break ground on new sports buildings May 12 Updated: Mar-10-14 8:14 am
- Pick Six: A half-dozen to watch on the bubble Updated: Mar-10-14 3:27 am
- USC rallies past Oregon St 71-62 for Pac-12 title Updated: Mar-10-14 12:44 am
- S. Dakota St. makes semis; 71-50 over W. Illinois Updated: Mar-10-14 12:08 am
- No. 9 Wisconsin loses 77-68 to surging Cornhuskers Updated: Mar-09-14 11:53 pm
- No. 25 DePaul women cruise past Georgetown 78-54 Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 pm
- Marquette women advance past Villanova; 56-53 Updated: Mar-09-14 11:44 pm
- NCAA hopeful Nebraska beats No. 9 Wisconsin 77-68 Updated: Mar-09-14 11:15 pm
- W. Carolina comes back to beat Davidson 99-97, OT Updated: Mar-09-14 11:05 pm
- Wofford eases past Georgia Southern 71-57 in semis Updated: Mar-09-14 10:59 pm
- Pairings set for ACC tournament in Greensboro Updated: Mar-09-14 10:26 pm
- No. 2 ND routs No. 10 Duke 69-53 for ACC title Updated: Mar-09-14 10:23 pm
- No. 10 Duke falls to No. 2 ND 69-53 in ACC final Updated: Mar-09-14 10:20 pm
- Albany stuns top-seed Vermont 67-58 in AEC semis Updated: Mar-09-14 10:14 pm
- Stony Brook holds off Hartford 69-64 in AEC semis Updated: Mar-09-14 10:09 pm
- NC State beats Boston College 78-68 Updated: Mar-09-14 9:57 pm
- Buckeyes score last 4 in 69-67 win over No. 22 MSU Updated: Mar-09-14 9:53 pm
- No. 22 Spartans go cold at end in 69-67 loss Updated: Mar-09-14 9:46 pm
- Manhattan whips Quinnipiac 87-68 in MAAC semis Updated: Mar-09-14 9:42 pm
- No. 7 W. Virginia women beat Texas in Big 12 semis Updated: Mar-09-14 9:36 pm
- Iona tops Canisius 75-72 in MAAC semifinals Updated: Mar-09-14 9:26 pm
- Women's hoops coach Patterson fired by Kansas St Updated: Mar-09-14 9:18 pm
Iowa State senior forward Melvin Ejim is The Associated Press Big 12 Player of the Year.
NEW YORK - Seton Hall senior guard Fuquan Edwin was honored as the Big East's defensive player of the year Monday while Marquette junior forward Davante Gardner was the conference's top sixth man for a second straight season.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Williston State College point guard Trey Dickerson plans to play for the University of Iowa the next three years.
VERMILLION, South Dakota - The University of South Dakota has set May 12 as the date to break ground for $66 million worth of new athletic facilities.
The big bubble winner over the weekend: Nebraska. When the NCAA selection committee draws up the brackets next Sunday, it's hard to imagine the Cornhuskers will be on the outside looking in.
SEATTLE - When Cassie Harberts took a second to reflect, she remembered watching the NCAA tournament selection show and waiting for Southern California to appear on the screen. It was always a disappointing experience.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Brayden Carlson scored 13 points as No. 3 seed South Dakota State beat sixth-seeded Western Illinois 71-50 on Sunday in the Summit League quarterfinals.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan says he never understood the hubbub about his team being a possibility for a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
CHICAGO - Megan Rogowski and Megan Podkowa scored 17 points apiece as top-seeded DePaul beat No. 8 seed Georgetown in a Big East tournament quarterfinal matchup on Sunday.
CHICAGO - Katherine Plouffe scored 14 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and made a key block with 7 seconds left as fifth-seeded Marquette beat No. 4 seed Villanova 56-53 in the quarterfinals of the Big East Conference tournament on Sunday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Tim Miles is tired of hearing about the old Nebraska program that made a habit of bumbling and stumbling its way through the past two decades. His players must be tired of it, too.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - James Sinclair hit two 3-pointers in overtime and had 26 points as fifth-seeded Western Carolina upset top-seeded Davidson 99-97 in the semifinals of the Southern Conference tournament Sunday.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Lee Skinner scored 15 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as No. 3 seed Wofford beat seventh-seeded Georgia Southern 71-57 in the semifinals of the Southern Conference tournament on Sunday.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Virginia has the top seed for this week's Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, which begins Wednesday.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Notre Dame's Jewell Loyd pulled an Atlantic Coast Conference championship cap over her head.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke struggled to hold onto the ball. It struggled at the line, and its top scorer had a rough night.
ALBANY, New York - Peter Hooley scored 26 points, including four 3-pointers, as No. 4 seed Albany stunned top-seeded Vermont 67-58 in the semifinals of the America East tournament Sunday.
ALBANY, New York - Carson Puriefoy scored 21 points - including the clinching runner in the lane in the final seconds - as No. 2 Stony Brook escaped third-seeded Hartford 69-64 in the semifinals of the America East tournament Sunday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - T.J. Warren has been the best scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference all season. He's making a historic late-season push to be the league's player of the year, too.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - This was a fitting way for Aaron Craft to close out his final home game.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Tom Izzo wasn't happy with the officials, with his team - with anything.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - George Beamon scored 23 of his 25 points in the second half and Emmy Andujar added 21 off the bench Sunday as second-seeded Manhattan pulled away from third-seed Quinnipiac for an 87-68 win in the semifinals of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Texas just couldn't lay off.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Sean Armand scored 21 points, while Isaiah Williams and Tre Bowman had 16 apiece, as top-seeded Iona held off fourth-seeded Canisius 75-72 Sunday in the semifinals of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State has fired women's basketball coach Deb Patterson, announcing the move two days after an opening-round loss in the Big 12 tournament.