- Pre-K plan in jeopardy, de Blasio pushes forward Updated: Mar-08-14 7:27 pm
- Quebec separatist premier calls election Updated: Mar-05-14 12:49 pm
- Searching Walker emails is the rage in Wisconsin Updated: Feb-23-14 1:08 pm
- Pew maps Twitter conversations, finds 6 types Updated: Feb-21-14 12:01 pm
- Kerry pledges security help to Tunisia Updated: Feb-18-14 9:52 am
- What can unite liberals and tea partyers? The NSA Updated: Feb-17-14 10:49 am
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's signature proposal, a tax increase on the wealthy to pay for universal prekindergarten, appears to be on life support, blocked by a governor and state lawmakers who stubbornly oppose such a tax in an election year.
MONTREAL - Quebec's premier called an election Wednesday hoping that her pro-independence party can get a majority of seats in the provincial legislature, a development that could lead to another referendum on separation from Canada.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Political operatives from across the spectrum are scouring the thousands of emails exchanged by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's campaign staff and those who worked for him when he was Milwaukee County executive, trying to find items they can use to attack or defend the state's most polarizing figure.
NEW YORK - People take to Twitter to talk about everything from politics to breakfast to Justin Bieber in what feels like a chaotic stream of messages. So it may come as a surprise that the conversations on the short messaging service fit into just six distinct patterns.
TUNIS, Tunisia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry congratulated Tunisia on its new post-revolutionary constitution and promised American assistance Tuesday in the North African nation's battle against terrorists.
WASHINGTON - Hoyt Sparks says he has no use for liberal Democrats and their "socialistic, Marxist, communist" ways.