- Surveillance debate produces unusual alliances in Capitol Updated: May-22-15 10:29 am
WASHINGTON - Congress' debate over domestic surveillance is scrambling partisan divisions in the Senate as libertarian-minded Republicans defy their leaders to make common cause with liberal Democrats.
- Senate agrees to open debate on Obama's trade agenda Updated: May-13-15 5:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators reached a deal Wednesday to move forward on President Barack Obama's trade agenda only one day after Democrats embarrassed him by blocking it.
- In Washington, NYC mayor touts national liberal vision Updated: May-12-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, fashioning himself as one of the left's loudest voices on economic causes, appeared in Washington on Tuesday to make two stops on his national tour to tout the need to fight income inequality - one with Sen. Elizabeth Warren, the other to unveil his national liberal political platform - before meeting with President Barack Obama.
- The Latest: Markets happy at clear result; fear referendum Updated: May-08-15 4:29 am
LONDON - 9:25 a.m. (0825 GMT; 4:25 a.m. EDT)
- NYC mayor to gather liberals in Washington next week Updated: May-06-15 10:01 am
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is saying a group of liberals will gather in Washington next week to unveil a progressive agenda.