- State Senate race deals blow to Democratic Party, unions Updated: May-20-15 8:11 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Democratic Party and labor unions vowed not to back down any time soon after their candidate lost a costly state Senate race in the San Francisco Bay Area this week.
- Shumlin endorses Clinton for president over Sanders Updated: May-20-15 6:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont House Speaker Shap Smith says he expects to join Gov. Peter Shumlin in endorsing Hillary Clinton for president over Sen. Bernie Sanders.
- New nominees gird for Pennsylvania high-court campaign Updated: May-20-15 2:56 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Party endorsements and money made the difference in who was nominated for state Supreme Court in Pennsylvania's primary election.
- McConnell said he will endorse GOP nominee for governor Updated: May-20-15 12:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell said he will endorse Kentucky's Republican nominee for governor once the results are official.
- Dems select Philly judge, Pittsburgh lawyer in court races Updated: May-19-15 11:28 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Philadelphia judge was nominated by Democrats in Tuesday's primary election to run for a seat on the statewide Superior Court, while voters bucked the party's endorsement and nominated a former Allegheny County solicitor to run for a Commonwealth Court seat.
- Parties pick 5 endorsed candidates for state's highest court Updated: May-19-15 11:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans demonstrated Tuesday that party endorsements count as they nominated five party-backed candidates for the state Supreme Court.
- US Rep. Scalise supports David Vitter in La. governor's race Updated: May-18-15 1:39 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter has picked up another endorsement for the Louisiana governor's race from one of his GOP colleagues in Congress.
- Harrison GOP says state party interfered in mayor's race Updated: May-15-15 9:25 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Harrison County Republican Executive Committee is protesting what it calls the state party's interference in the Biloxi mayor's race.
- After Senate failure, Bevin returns with strong primary bid Updated: May-14-15 7:13 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - About this time last year, Matt Bevin had a campaign rally where no one showed up.
- Gov. Herbert says 'civil war' in GOP is unhealthy Updated: May-14-15 4:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert touted the merits of the state's longtime caucus-convention system for nominating candidates and said Thursday the "civil war" within GOP ranks triggered by a law overhauling the system is unhealthy and needs to be resolved.
- Ohio's Republican treasurer backs Marco Rubio for president Updated: May-13-15 2:32 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State Treasurer Josh Mandel, a former Senate candidate and formidable fundraiser, endorsed Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio on Wednesday even as Ohio's GOP governor nears a decision on his own potential bid.
- Contributions to high-court hopefuls nearing $5 million mark Updated: May-08-15 9:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Political contributions to the dozen candidates for three open seats on the state Supreme Court are approaching the $5 million mark, according to campaign finance reports filed Friday.
- Gary Hart apologizes to Cory Gardner in letter to editor Updated: May-08-15 11:44 am
- Kansas House panel endorses election fraud measure Updated: May-04-15 5:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas' secretary of state would have the power to prosecute election fraud under a bill endorsed by a House panel.
- Democratic committee endorses Murphy for Rubio Senate seat Updated: May-04-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic Senate campaign committee endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy on Monday as its candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio of Florida, who is running for president. The endorsement comes even as another Democratic congressman, Alan Grayson, is eyeing the same seat.
- Amid UK election, Paul Weller says he's fed up with politics Updated: May-01-15 11:06 am
LONDON - Paul Weller once peddled passionate political pop, writing lyrics that captured working-class frustrations and urged the toppling of Margaret Thatcher's government.