- Brown endorses Gray rival in DC mayoral race Updated: Mar-10-14 8:29 am
- Pittsburgh mayor, others backing Wolf for governor Updated: Mar-08-14 3:44 pm
- Rauner picks up Chicago Tribune's endorsement Updated: Mar-07-14 3:23 pm
- NC Senate candidates talks up endorsement, ad buy Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 pm
- GOP Ill. governor candidates debate unions' role Updated: Mar-05-14 9:52 pm
- Dillard defends union backing in GOP gov's debate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- US Sen. Cornyn tops Stockman, wins GOP primary Updated: Mar-05-14 1:23 am
- Retirement home cites IRS rules, cancels Merkley Updated: Mar-04-14 5:16 pm
- House panel endorses new primary election date Updated: Mar-04-14 3:05 pm
- Va. GOP leader urges feds to probe appointment Updated: Mar-03-14 5:50 pm
- Missouri governor endorses Keystone oil pipeline Updated: Mar-03-14 4:43 pm
- Iowa attorney general, treasurer endorse Hatch Updated: Mar-03-14 4:11 pm
- Tea party ready for fight with GOP establishment Updated: Feb-28-14 6:42 pm
- US Senate hopeful in Kansas hits social issues Updated: Feb-27-14 6:59 pm
- Sen. Cruz won't endorse Cornyn in Texas GOP race Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 pm
- Brady, Dillard still confident in governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 9:00 pm
- US general: Grim Afghan future if no security pact Updated: Feb-26-14 3:20 pm
- Georgia governor endorses Flint River water plan Updated: Feb-26-14 1:02 pm
- Retired Teachers Association endorses Dillard Updated: Feb-26-14 12:32 pm
- Supreme Court denies judicial-endorsement petition Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
- AP Interview: Sen. Paxton hoping to emulate Cruz Updated: Feb-25-14 4:59 pm
- Mo. House panel endorses moving primary to March Updated: Feb-25-14 10:22 am
- Gore endorses McGinty in Pa. governor's race Updated: Feb-20-14 12:07 pm
- Paul: Bevin's credibility hurt by bailout issue Updated: Feb-17-14 4:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The man who blew the whistle on illegal activity during District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray's 2010 campaign is endorsing one of Gray's rivals.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh's mayor and a host of other politicians from western Pennsylvania have endorsed Democrat Tom Wolf for governor.
CHICAGO - Editorial boards at some major Illinois newspapers have weighed in on the Republican primary to pick the state's next governor with the Chicago Tribune announcing Friday it endorsed businessman Bruce Rauner.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon touted a new endorsement Thursday, while rival Thom Tillis announced a $1.1 million television ad.
CHICAGO - A major union's endorsement became a central focus of a debate between the Republican candidates for Illinois governor on Wednesday, prompting questions about the contenders' GOP credentials, accusations of "selling out" taxpayers and pointed exchanges over the role of organized labor in the state's politics.
CHICAGO - State Sen. Kirk Dillard is defending union endorsements he's received in the Republican gubernatorial race.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn trounced a conservative Texas congressman Tuesday night to claim the Republican nomination, a victory that could ease his path to re-election after some tea party activists targeted him as too moderate.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Some Democrats at the Rogue Valley Manor retirement community have taken the organization's administration to task for canceling a campaign stop by U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley because it would be too politically charged.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Moving Missouri's primary election date from August to June would give candidates more time to campaign against their rival party's counterparts, but it would shorten the time they have to distinguish themselves from rivals within their own party before nominees are picked.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Republican Party chairman on Monday urged federal prosecutors to investigate Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's appointment of a longtime GOP operative to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is in favor of the proposed oil pipeline route through the middle of the United States, joining other Midwestern governors who are urging President Barack Obama to approve its construction.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's two state Democratic officeholders are supporting state Sen. Jack Hatch for governor.
WASHINGTON - Tea partyers insist they're not to blame for Republican election losses in congressional and presidential elections, faulting the GOP establishment for showing little fight.
TOPEKA, Kansas - U.S. Senate candidate Milton Wolf is telling Kansas voters he has strong anti-abortion and gun-rights views as he tries to unseat three-term incumbent Pat Roberts in the Republican primary.
WASHINGTON - The sniping between establishment Republicans and tea partyers resumed Thursday as Texas Sen. Ted Cruz refused to endorse his state's senior senator in next week's Republican primary.
CHICAGO - Trailing in money and attention in the Illinois governor's race, Kirk Dillard and Bill Brady say they're not worried. They've been here before.
BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan - Depicting a grim future for Afghanistan without U.S. help, the top U.S. military officer said Wednesday that Afghanistan's refusal to sign a security agreement with the United States may make the fight more difficult this year, embolden the enemy and prompt some Afghan security forces to cooperate with the Taliban to "hedge their bets."
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal endorsed a plan Wednesday that would allow environmental officials to restrict farmers from taking water from the Flint River basin during droughts, though opponents say that legal power could be used to send more water to Florida and are backing a different plan.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Another influential teachers' organization is endorsing state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the GOP primary for Illinois governor.
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Supreme Court has denied a petition from Montana officials who wanted to revive the state's ban on political parties endorsing judicial candidates.
AUSTIN, Texas - Before he mounted an upset U.S. Senate victory in the 2012 Republican primary, tea party darling Ted Cruz mulled running for Texas attorney general. Now, one of the three Republicans vying to become the state's next attorney general isn't being shy about billing himself as the second coming of Cruz.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri House panel has endorsed legislation that would move the state's presidential primary to March 15.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former state Environmental Protection Secretary Katie McGinty got an endorsement Thursday from a high-profile Democrat and ex-employer, former Vice President Al Gore, as she campaigns in a crowded field of Pennsylvania Democrats seeking the party's gubernatorial nomination.
LEBURN, Kentucky - Republican Senate challenger Matt Bevin's credibility was damaged by revelations he praised the 2008 federal bank bailout years before turning it into a campaign issue, railing against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for voting for it, Sen. Rand Paul said Monday.