- Kansas House panel endorses election fraud measure Updated: May-04-15 5:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas' secretary of state would have the power to prosecute election fraud under a bill endorsed by a House panel.
- Democratic committee endorses Murphy for Rubio Senate seat Updated: May-04-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic Senate campaign committee endorsed Rep. Patrick Murphy on Monday as its candidate for the Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio of Florida, who is running for president. The endorsement comes even as another Democratic congressman, Alan Grayson, is eyeing the same seat.
- Amid UK election, Paul Weller says he's fed up with politics Updated: May-01-15 11:06 am
LONDON - Paul Weller once peddled passionate political pop, writing lyrics that captured working-class frustrations and urged the toppling of Margaret Thatcher's government.
- New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu rules out gubernatorial bid Updated: Apr-27-15 5:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu officially ruled out a run for governor in the October election, saying Monday his focus remains on his home city.
- Obama's trade agenda draws GOP support in House Updated: Apr-23-15 8:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Legislation to strengthen President Barack Obama's hand for a new round of trade deals advanced Thursday in the House courtesy of Republicans and over the protests of Democrats, a political role reversal that portends a bruising struggle over passage later this spring.
- NYC Mayor de Blasio draws some ire for not endorsing Clinton Updated: Apr-14-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio, under fire from some fellow Democrats for not immediately endorsing Hillary Rodham Clinton for president, didn't back off his stance Tuesday, saying he needed to "hear what the vision is" before giving her his blessing.
- Ohio justice says fellow Democrats made bad Senate race pick Updated: Apr-13-15 6:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The lone Democrat elected to top statewide office in Ohio is slamming his party for its weekend endorsement of former Gov. Ted Strickland in the race for U.S. Senate.
- House endorses new $5M residence for North Dakota governor Updated: Apr-13-15 6:23 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's House wants to build a new home for the state's first family.
- NY Gov. Cuomo endorses Clinton's presidential bid Updated: Apr-12-15 4:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton's bid for the Oval Office.
- Ex-Clinton campaign manager wants vision before endorsement Updated: Apr-12-15 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, Hillary Rodham Clinton's one-time Senate race campaign manager, said Sunday he wants to know her vision for America before deciding whether to endorse her for president.
- Ohio Democrats endorse Strickland in US Senate race Updated: Apr-11-15 4:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's Democratic Party has endorsed former governor Ted Strickland in next year's U.S. Senate race over a Cincinnati councilman challenging him for the party's nomination.
- Filing shows wide range of data sought from Port Authority Updated: Apr-09-15 6:56 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A recent bond filing has captured the breadth of information sought by local and federal authorities from the embattled Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the nearly 18 months since revelations surfaced about targeted lane closings at the George Washington Bridge.
- Democrats pile up big campaign accounts in high court race Updated: Apr-07-15 6:32 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Six weeks before Pennsylvania's May 19 primary election, most of the Democratic candidates for three open seats on the state's highest court already are building six-figure campaign bank accounts, according to finance reports filed Tuesday.