- After Paul bows out, some Kentucky supporters go to Rubio Updated: Feb-08-16 4:26 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Less than a week after Rand Paul ended his presidential campaign, some of the Kentucky senator's top supporters in the state legislature have backed Marco Rubio ahead of the state's Republican presidential caucus next month.
- Bility: 26 African nations won't support Salman in FIFA vote Updated: Feb-08-16 3:45 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - At least 26 African countries will defy their continental confederation and not vote for Sheikh Salman of Bahrain in the FIFA presidential election, the outspoken head of the Liberia soccer federation said Monday.
- Cruz seeks to appeal to supporters on fringe of GOP Updated: Feb-08-16 3:39 am
PETERBOROUGH, New Hampshire - Some politicians run from polarizing endorsements. Ted Cruz seeks them out.
- North Dakota Democrats working to rebuild downtrodden party Updated: Feb-07-16 11:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Jed Hanson grew up in a conservative household in a conservative town in a conservative state, but didn't feel much of a connection to the Republican Party that has dominated North Dakota's political scene for decades.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- Oklahoma's Lankford to speak at conservative gathering Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma will be a featured speaker next month at an annual gathering of conservatives in suburban Washington.
- Massachusetts Gov. Baker endorses Christie in GOP primary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker endorsed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the Republican presidential primary on Friday, arguing that Christie is best suited to govern in Washington's highly partisan environment.
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders missteps Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest Democratic debate found Hillary Clinton in a defensive crouch about her Wall Street ties and making iffy claims about that longtime relationship. Rival Bernie Sanders offered a fumbling account of a campaign ad that boasted of endorsements that were bogus.
- Rubio could see campaign fortunes rise from Iowa finish Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio's strong third-place finish in Iowa could sound like a starting gun to the Republican Party's top donors.
- Toomey endorsing Rubio in presidential race Updated: Feb-03-16 6:23 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey endorsed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for the Republican presidential nomination on Wednesday, backing a candidate who he said has the best chance to win in the fall and be a great president.
- Democrats endorse candidate for Kirkpatrick's Assembly seat Updated: Feb-02-16 6:06 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Nevada Assembly Democrats are endorsing a North Las Vegas corrections officer for the seat formerly held by high-ranking Democratic Assemblywoman Marilyn Kirkpatrick.
- Arkansas Republicans looking at others after Huckabee exit Updated: Feb-02-16 3:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - With favorite son and former Gov. Mike Huckabee no longer an option, top Republicans in Arkansas said Tuesday they're weighing which of the other candidates to support in the presidential race.
- SC prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls for faith forum Updated: Feb-01-16 2:41 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor plans to take center stage again with some of the presidential contenders when he co-moderates a forum this month, continuing the conservative Republican's effort to introduce the candidates to his state's voters.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Union: Sanders staffers accessing casino worker dining rooms Updated: Jan-28-16 5:21 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials with a powerful Las Vegas union say Bernie Sanders campaign staffers have tried to access their members by getting into casino employee dining rooms.
- Union: Sanders staffers accessing casino worker dining rooms Updated: Jan-28-16 4:31 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials with a powerful Las Vegas union say Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders' campaign staffers have tried to contact their members by getting into casino employee dining rooms.
- Officials from Obama's Cabinet lining up behind Clinton Updated: Jan-25-16 3:32 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton hasn't just been wrapping herself in President Barack Obama's legacy lately. She's been wrapping herself in his Cabinet.
- Arizona GOP rejects resolution to drop support for McCain Updated: Jan-24-16 4:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Republican Party has rejected a resolution to endorse any candidate for U.S. Senate but Sen. John McCain.
- AP sources: Bloomberg eyeing independent White House bid Updated: Jan-23-16 1:44 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking early steps toward launching an independent campaign for president, seeing a potential path to the White House amid the rise of Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders.
- GOP establishment moving a little closer to accepting Trump Updated: Jan-23-16 10:08 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Donald Trump and some mainstream Republicans are engaged in a long-distance flirtation. Both sides are coming to the realization that they'll need each other if the billionaire businessman becomes the party's presidential nominee.
- Croatian parliament approves new government Updated: Jan-22-16 6:45 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's parliament has approved a new center-right government led by Canada-educated financial expert Tihomir Oreskovic, ending more than two months of political deadlock after an inconclusive general election.
- Bad Blood: Cruz-Bushes tension underscores deeper GOP divide Updated: Jan-22-16 4:14 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Cruz once proudly wore a belt buckle borrowed from George H.W. Bush that said: "President of the United States."
- Democratic Senate group backs Ross in North Carolina primary Updated: Jan-21-16 2:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Democrat seeking to unseat Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina received a key endorsement Thursday from a Washington-based group led by Democratic senators.
- Trump touts "a good day" after Palin endorsement Updated: Jan-20-16 11:29 pm
NORWALK, Iowa - Donald Trump brandished the endorsement of conservative Republican firebrand Sarah Palin at an Iowa rally Wednesday in the increasingly intense 2016 GOP presidential sweepstakes.
- Democrats rev up fundraising in fight to control Legislature Updated: Jan-19-16 6:28 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democrats are revving up their fundraising efforts as they try to regain control of the Nevada Legislature during a presidential-year election cycle that's expected to be more favorable for the party than the last one.