- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- Republican announces run for Mass. lt. governor Updated: Dec-03-13 12:31 pm
- Disputed immigrant IDs spark police controversy Updated: Nov-30-13 11:56 am
- Sierra Club backs Michaud in Maine governor's race Updated: Nov-25-13 2:43 pm
- 2nd shot for new GOP entrant in Minn. gov.'s race Updated: Nov-21-13 6:31 pm
- US Rep. Terry endorses Ricketts for Neb. governor Updated: Nov-21-13 1:42 pm
- San Diego: Latinos help carry Alvarez to runoff Updated: Nov-20-13 7:05 pm
- Kansas Democrat gets abortion rights group's nod Updated: Nov-20-13 1:57 pm
- Minn. AFL-CIO backs Dayton, Franken Updated: Nov-19-13 3:31 pm
- Romney endorses Idaho's Simpson in House race Updated: Nov-18-13 2:36 pm
- Cornyn: GOP needs to be 'adults,' actually govern Updated: Nov-15-13 11:10 pm
- Teachers union gives Dayton early 2014 endorsement Updated: Nov-15-13 8:37 pm
- Council candidate loses support due to rap video Updated: Nov-13-13 12:53 pm
- Old guard Republican endorses Bevin for Senate Updated: Nov-12-13 11:39 am
- Kirk says he won't endorse anyone in GOP primary Updated: Nov-12-13 4:13 am
- Maine Dem. gov hopeful Michaud gets 2 endorsements Updated: Nov-08-13 1:40 pm
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin endorses Burke Updated: Nov-06-13 1:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
BOSTON - Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker is teaming up with former state representative Karyn Polito to form a Republican ticket for the state's top office in next year's election.
PLAINFIELD, New Jersey - More than 800 city residents, many of them living in this country illegally, have signed up for an identification card that promises to help them deal with police and emergency responders and to obtain local government services.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Sierra Club is endorsing Democrat Mike Michaud over independent Eliot Cutler in the governor's race, announcing a yearlong education effort that will likely be backed by spending from the national group with a goal of preventing Republican Gov. Paul LePage from winning a second term, the group said Monday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - In the kickoff to a second campaign for Minnesota governor, Republican Marty Seifert presented himself Thursday as a candidate who is detached from government yet knows his way around it.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska gubernatorial candidate Pete Ricketts has won the endorsement of U.S. Rep. Lee Terry.
SAN DIEGO - The city's burgeoning Latino population helped propel a native son and child of Mexican immigrants into a mayoral runoff against a fellow city councilman to replace the disgraced Bob Filner, who resigned amid sexual harassment allegations.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The EMILY's List political action committee has endorsed Democrat Margie Wakefield in race in the 2nd Congressional District of Kansas.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho U.S. Rep. Mike Simpson's bid for a ninth term got an assist Monday when former presidential candidate Mitt Romney released an endorsement letter.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn called Friday for inclusiveness among Republicans and suggested his party should be the "responsible adults in the room and actually govern" - a sentiment that stands in stark contrast to Texan colleague and tea party firebrand Ted Cruz.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's teachers union is endorsing Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton's bid for re-election well before Republicans settle on a candidate.
SAN BERNARDINO, California - A San Bernardino city council candidate is drawing some flak after music videos he recorded have turned up that critics say promote violence and crime.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Old guard Republican Larry Forgy has endorsed Louisville businessman Matt Bevin ahead of next May's primary.
BUFFALO GROVE, Illinois - Republican Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't endorse any candidate in Illinois' GOP gubernatorial primary.
PORTLAND, Maine - Democratic Rep. Mike Michaud has won the endorsements of Maine Association of Police and the Professional Fire Fighters in his bid for governor.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin is endorsing Democrat Mary Burke in the governor's race, even as another Democratic candidate considers challenging her.