- Beyer endorsed by Richardson, Dean Updated: Apr-13-14 12:14 pm
- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
- Disappointment, forgiveness mix in La. scandal Updated: Apr-12-14 2:42 pm
- Abortion in cases of rape: New rifts in old debate Updated: Apr-12-14 11:20 am
- Nevada GOP chairman supports primary endorsements Updated: Apr-11-14 10:59 pm
- NRA endorses McConnell in Kentucky GOP primary Updated: Apr-11-14 4:50 pm
- Alabama Retail Association makes endorsements Updated: Apr-11-14 5:34 am
- Elder President Bush to endorse GOP nominee in Ga. Updated: Apr-10-14 8:01 pm
- Neb. sheriffs, police chiefs back Bruning for gov. Updated: Apr-09-14 1:27 pm
- Beshear raised $1 million for attorney general Updated: Apr-07-14 5:48 pm
- North Dakota GOP endorses incumbent for ag post Updated: Apr-06-14 5:22 pm
- Jaeger gets GOP nod for ND secretary of state Updated: Apr-06-14 11:55 am
- ND Rep. Cramer unchallenged for GOP endorsement Updated: Apr-05-14 3:12 pm
- Sasse winning Neb. US Senate fundraising race Updated: Apr-04-14 3:59 pm
- Palin endorses Pete Ricketts for Neb. governor Updated: Apr-04-14 1:32 pm
- North Dakota GOP chair: avoid complacency Updated: Apr-04-14 10:47 am
- Democrat Burke scores major union endorsements Updated: Apr-02-14 5:50 pm
- Obama backs Schatz over Hanabusa in Hawaii race Updated: Mar-31-14 7:25 pm
- Tea party PAC switches endorsement in Neb. race Updated: Mar-29-14 6:56 pm
- Correction: Governor Race-Abercrombie story Updated: Mar-28-14 8:40 pm
- Ex-candidate 'shocked' by Wamp recording visit Updated: Mar-28-14 5:40 pm
- Oklahoma congressional candidates field questions Updated: Mar-26-14 8:18 pm
- Kalk announces re-election bid for PSC Updated: Mar-26-14 10:46 am
- Montana Democratic Party endorses Walsh in primary Updated: Mar-25-14 5:16 pm
- Mo. Senate endorses changes to voting machines Updated: Mar-25-14 5:06 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former Virginia lieutenant governor Don Beyer is picking up support from prominent national Democrats as he seeks a House seat in northern Virginia.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.
MONROE, Louisiana - To Louisiana voters accustomed to tawdry scandals involving elected officials, disappointment with an eye toward forgiveness is the prevailing sentiment about their new congressman, caught on video embracing an aide married to one of his friends.
NEW YORK - Poll after poll over many years has shown that Americans overwhelmingly support legal access to abortion for women impregnated by rape. Yet the issue remains divisive, as demonstrated by two current rifts - one involving U.S. aid policy overseas, the other highlighting strategy differences within the U.S. anti-abortion movement.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Republican Party Chairman Michael McDonald says he supports party endorsements of GOP candidates before the primary election.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell now has an endorsement to go with his gun.
WASHINGTON - President George H.W. Bush is featured in a Democrat's campaign commercial, but he plans to endorse the eventual Republican nominee in Georgia's Senate race, his spokesman said Thursday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning has won the endorsement of 60 county sheriffs and 59 police chiefs in his Republican primary bid for governor.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Andy Beshear says he has raised more than $1 million in his bid to become Kentucky's next attorney general.
MINOT, North Dakota - Foreseeing a tough fight in the fall to retain the agriculture commissioner seat, North Dakota Republicans endorsed incumbent Doug Goehring for re-election to the post over a political newcomer from a small town in the northeastern part of the state.
MINOT, North Dakota - The longest-serving Republican official in the North Dakota Capitol has the party's endorsement to seek another term.
MINOT, North Dakota - U.S. Rep. Kevin Cramer has the approval of Republican convention delegates to run for a second term.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ben Sasse is handily winning the fundraising game in the Republican primary race for Nebraska's open U.S. Senate seat, but at least one of his opponents insists it will take more than money to win.
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Republican Pete Ricketts has won the endorsement of Sarah Palin in his primary bid for Nebraska governor.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Republicans should not be content with wielding supermajority control in the Legislature and the more than two decade-long stranglehold on top elected offices, the state GOP chairman says.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic candidate for governor Mary Burke won the endorsement of three major unions on Wednesday, even though she hasn't promised to repeal a law championed by her opponent Gov. Scott Walker that essentially ended collective bargaining for most public workers.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Monday threw his support to Sen. Brian Schatz over Colleen Hanabusa in Hawaii's Senate race, stepping into a primary that has been divisive for voters in the state where Obama was born.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A tea party political action committee, FreedomWorks, has rescinded its endorsement of U.S. Senate candidate Shane Osborn and is now endorsing GOP rival Ben Sasse.
HONOLULU - In a story March 25 about the United Food and Commercial Workers Union's endorsement of Gov. Neil Abercrombie, The Associated Press, relying on a campaign source, reported erroneously the number of members in the union. The union has 2,500 members in Hawaii, not 4,500.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Former congressional hopeful Scottie Mayfield says he was surprised when candidate Weston Wamp showed up at his home to ask him not to endorse incumbent Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, and he was shocked when Wamp texted that he had secretly recorded the conversation.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Three of the Republican candidates vying for Oklahoma's open 5th Congressional District seat in Oklahoma City touted their conservative credentials on Wednesday and fielded questions from members of a grassroots conservative group.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Public Service Commission Chairman Brian Kalk says he will seek the Republican Party endorsement to run for re-election.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Democratic Party is endorsing Sen. John Walsh in the Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat over two other candidates who maintain the party should have remained neutral.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has endorsed legislation that would require local elections authorities to phase out the use of some electronic voting machines.