- Maine social worker shares struggles of elderly Updated: Mar-05-14 5:08 am
- Iowa transit programs deal with aging buses Updated: Mar-02-14 11:49 am
- Neb. bill would try to increase elderly at home Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
- Group wants heart attack warning on testosterone Updated: Feb-25-14 12:06 am
- Accident rates improving for older drivers Updated: Feb-20-14 3:00 pm
- Older Americans are early winners under health law Updated: Feb-17-14 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A Maine social worker will testify in front of a U.S. Senate panel about the struggles facing the state's aging population.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Owners of old, high-mileage vehicles know all too well the headaches associated with keeping them running in cold weather.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers considered a bill Tuesday that calls for using state and federal money to improve programs designed to help elderly people keep living in their homes rather than move to care centers.
WASHINGTON - A consumer advocacy group is calling on the Food and Drug Administration to add a bold warning label to popular testosterone drugs for men in light of growing evidence that the hormone treatments can increase the risk of heart attack.
WASHINGTON - Safety researchers expressed concern a decade ago that traffic accidents would increase as the nation's aging population swelled the number of older drivers on the road. Now, they say they've been proved wrong.
CHICAGO - For many older Americans who lost jobs during the recession, the quest for health care has been one obstacle after another. They're unwanted by employers, rejected by insurers, struggling to cover rising medical costs and praying to reach Medicare age before a health crisis.