- Lynx happy to see August end after struggling this month Updated: Aug-31-15 2:53 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Lynx came into the season as the prohibitive favorite to win their third WNBA championship in five seasons. Acquiring Olympian Sylvia Fowles in late July did nothing to change that.
- Loyd, Langhorne lead Storm past Mystics, 69-59 Updated: Aug-30-15 11:34 pm
- Moore, Fowles lead Lynx to 71-61 win over Mercury Updated: Aug-30-15 11:08 pm
- Sun stave off elimination with 72-68 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Aug-30-15 9:51 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Kelsey Bone scored 25 points and Connecticut kept its slim playoff hopes alive by erasing a nine-point, fourth-quarter deficit to earn a 72-68 win over the short-handed Chicago Sky on Sunday night.
- Lavender leads Sparks to wire-to-wire, 60-52 win over Stars Updated: Aug-30-15 9:29 pm
- Benson adds $522M to Saints-Pelicans ownership swap Updated: Aug-30-15 7:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of New Orleans' national football and basketball teams has added $522 million in promissory notes to his former heirs' trust funds to try to get back the trusts' nonvoting shares in the Saints and Pelicans.
- Sims' 30 leads Tulsa past Fever and into playoffs, 76-70 Updated: Aug-30-15 7:14 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Odyssey Sims scored 30 points, converting six free throws in the final 19 seconds, and the Tulsa Shock held off Indiana 76-70 on Sunday to secure the franchise's first playoff berth since 2009.
- Sky clinches playoff spot, tops Dream 98-96 Updated: Aug-29-15 9:41 pm
- Prince, Charles lead Liberty to 80-66 win over Sun Updated: Aug-29-15 9:30 pm
- Pro teams push California to offer high-stakes raffles Updated: Aug-29-15 2:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The pitch is for charity, but the call could favor California's professional sports teams.
- Langhorne leads Seattle Storm past San Antonio Stars, 83-69 Updated: Aug-29-15 12:20 am
- Tiffany Hayes scores career-high 28, Dream beat Fever 90-84 Updated: Aug-28-15 10:54 pm
- Balanced attack leads Tulsa Shock past LA Sparks 76-66 Updated: Aug-28-15 10:48 pm
- Prince, Charles lead New York to 81-68 win over Minnesota Updated: Aug-28-15 10:41 pm
NEW YORK - Tina Charles and Epiphanny Prince wanted to come home to New York and make the Liberty relevant again.
- Latta leads Washington Mystics to 71-63 win over Mercury Updated: Aug-28-15 10:15 pm
- Milton-Jones breaks WNBA record for games played Updated: Aug-28-15 8:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Atlanta forward DeLisha Milton-Jones broke the WNBA record for games played when she entered the Dream's game against Indiana early in the second quarter Friday night.
- Jazz sign rookie forward J.J. O'Brien Updated: Aug-28-15 6:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz have signed free-agent rookie J.J. O'Brien.
- Mitchell hits 3-pointer at buzzer, Mercury rally past Sun Updated: Aug-27-15 9:43 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Leilani Mitchell hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give the Phoenix Mercury an 81-80 victory over Connecticut on Thursday night, extending the Sun's losing streak to six games.
- Chris Jent to coach Bakersfield Jam in D-League Updated: Aug-27-15 6:59 pm
BAKERSFIELD, California - Chris Jent will coach the Bakersfield Jam, the Phoenix Suns' affiliate in the NBA Development League.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- Gordon, Zeller return home as part of Pacers' preseason Updated: Aug-27-15 5:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The return of two former Indiana Mr. Basketball winners highlights the Indiana Pacers' seven-game preseason schedule.
- Ex-NBA star Darryl Dawkins, aka 'Chocolate Thunder' has died Updated: Aug-27-15 4:49 pm
Darryl Dawkins, whose board-shattering dunks earned him the moniker "Chocolate Thunder" and helped pave the way for breakaway rims, has died. He was 58.
- Philadelphia 76ers owner donates $3.5M to local nonprofit Updated: Aug-27-15 2:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The owner of the Philadelphia 76ers has pledged a $3.5 million donation to the Philadelphia Police Athletic League - the largest amount ever recorded by the nonprofit youth group.
- University police: Buffalo forward Moss accused of stealing Updated: Aug-27-15 12:08 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Forward Justin Moss was one of three Buffalo men's basketball players accused of stealing $650 out of a dorm room in June, some three months before the Mid-American Conference player of the year was dropped from the team.
- Looking to future, more NCAA athletes seek own trademarks Updated: Aug-27-15 10:22 am
BOSTON - Like their counterparts in the pros, more college football stars are starting to snatch up trademark rights to their names, nicknames and fan slogans.