- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Updated: Apr-29-16 7:18 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Hornets forward Nicolas Batum said he's "running on adrenaline" as he prepares for Game 6 of Charlotte's first-round playoff series against the Miami Heat following the birth of his son early Friday.
- Curry rehabbing right knee several times a day to get back Updated: Apr-29-16 6:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry is rehabbing his injured right knee about three times a day, spending four to five hours at the Warriors' practice facility to try to get back on the court for the defending champions as soon as possible.
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James isn't a fan of the NBA's officiating reviews.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- ABA team owner and envied dealmaker Ozzie Silna dies Updated: Apr-28-16 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ozzie Silna, who turned a fading American Basketball Association franchise into a four-decade windfall of nearly $800 million from the NBA in what's commonly called the greatest deal in sports history, has died at age 83.
- NBA says Wade wasn't fouled in final seconds of Game 5 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade does not read the NBA's reviews of officiating in the last 2 minutes of close games, which might be a wise move in this particular case.
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Updated: Apr-28-16 7:13 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento Kings have hired Ken Catanella as assistant general manager.
- Livingston enjoying the moment filling in for injured Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 7:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Shaun Livingston's left leg could have been amputated nine years ago.
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Updated: Apr-28-16 6:10 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons have finally moved beyond the rebuilding stage.
- Cavs coach Lue believes David Blatt deserves another chance Updated: Apr-28-16 3:46 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue would like to see his former boss, David Blatt, get another NBA job.
- NBA's Shaun Livingston donates $1 million to Illinois school Updated: Apr-28-16 6:51 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois school has received a big fundraising boost from former student and professional basketball player Shaun Livingston.
- Sioux Falls Skyforce win NBA Development League championship Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Skyforce is the champion of the NBA Development League.
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 2:21 am
OAKLAND, California - Klay Thompson knew Golden State had to come together, that every player needed to raise his game with Stephen Curry sidelined.
- Trail Blazers beat emotional Clippers 108-98, take 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-28-16 2:06 am
LOS ANGELES - Damian Lillard finally made his first field goal early in third quarter, and the Portland Trail Blazers knew the game was about to change.
- Hornets stun Heat with 90-88 win, take 3-2 series lead Updated: Apr-27-16 11:26 pm
MIAMI - Courtney Lee was steaming after missing a layup that would have given Charlotte the lead heading into the final minute.
- AP Source: Knicks interview Blatt for coaching job Updated: Apr-27-16 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks have interviewed former Cleveland coach David Blatt for their head coaching position, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.
- Warriors grant Lakers permission to interview Luke Walton Updated: Apr-27-16 9:52 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Los Angeles Lakers received permission from the Warriors to interview top assistant Luke Walton for their coaching vacancy.
- Doc Rivers brought to tears in pregame interview session Updated: Apr-27-16 9:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clippers coach Doc Rivers' eyes welled with tears and he became choked up before his team played Portland in Game 5 of their first-round series.
- Nets' Ellington wins J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award Updated: Apr-27-16 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets guard Wayne Ellington has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community.
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.