- Delle Donne wins Dawn Staley Award again Updated: Sep-04-15 2:24 am
NEW YORK - Elena Delle Donne broke out into a huge grin when she talked about winning the Dawn Staley Leadership Award again.
- Parker, Ogwumike lead L.A.'s comeback over Mystics, 93-91 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:24 am
LOS ANGELES - Candace Parker posted her 12th double-double in 15 games and Nneke Ogwumike did the same in her first game back after missing seven games to an injury to power Los Angeles to a 93-91 win over the Washington Mystics on Thursday night.
- Sims leads Shock past Storm 85-67 for sixth-straight win Updated: Sep-04-15 12:35 am
- Vandersloot sparks Chicago Sky rout of Liberty 82-60 Updated: Sep-03-15 9:23 pm
- France hopes to retain title with Tony Parker back in team Updated: Sep-03-15 4:46 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Tony Parker is back and France will be looking to retain the title at the European Basketball Championship that starts over the weekend in four cities across the continent.
- Cavaliers make J.R. Smith signing official Updated: Sep-02-15 9:32 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cavaliers made the re-signing of guard J.R. Smith official.
- Grizzlies rookie forward Jarell Martin fractures left foot Updated: Sep-02-15 8:32 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Grizzlies first-round draft pick Jarell Martin has a fractured left foot.
- Dupree, Griner help Mercury rout Mystics 73-53 Updated: Sep-02-15 6:47 pm
- Assistant convicted of stealing millions from ex-NBA star Updated: Sep-02-15 6:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A federal jury has convicted a former personal assistant of Gilbert Arenas of stealing more than $2 million from the former NBA basketball player.
- AP Source: Excel severs ties with Lakers' Clarkson Updated: Sep-02-15 11:24 am
A person with knowledge of situation tells The Associated Press that Excel Sports Management has severed ties with Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson.
- Thousands still without power 4 days after August storm Updated: Sep-02-15 10:41 am
SEATTLE - Thousands are still without power in Western Washington four days after a weekend windstorm.
- Rodgers ties career high with 23 points, Liberty beat Dream Updated: Sep-01-15 10:43 pm
NEW YORK - Sugar Rodgers had been in a rut offensively. So last week she gave director of player development Teresa Weathersoon a call for a late night shooting session.
- Indiana reaches playoffs for WNBA-record 11th straight year Updated: Sep-01-15 9:30 pm
- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Former Hoya Patrick Ewing Jr. joins Georgetown hoops staff Updated: Sep-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Georgetown basketball player Patrick Ewing Jr. has returned as director of basketball operations.
- Hawks to retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season Updated: Sep-01-15 2:17 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks will retire Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 next season, about two months after he is enshrined into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Majority owners of Tulsa Shock seek dismissal of lawsuit Updated: Sep-01-15 1:00 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The majority owners of the Tulsa Shock are asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a minority stakeholder who's challenging the WNBA team's move to Dallas.
- Alex Morgan featured in series produced by LeBron James Updated: Sep-01-15 10:38 am
CLEVELAND - Soccer star Alex Morgan will be the first athlete profiled on Disney's inspirational "Becoming" series produced by LeBron James.
- NBA D-League Skyforce set tryouts in Sioux Falls, Miami Updated: Sep-01-15 9:50 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Athletes with dreams of playing professional basketball can try out for the NBA Development League team in South Dakota.
- Fans to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins Updated: Sep-01-15 7:28 am
CATASAUQUA, Pennsylvania - Fans will get their chance to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public Updated: Aug-31-15 9:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- Divac adds title of GM of Kings Updated: Aug-31-15 8:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Vlade Divac has added the title of general manager of the Sacramento Kings.
- LA Clippers sign veteran free agent Chuck Hayes Updated: Aug-31-15 8:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers have signed free agent veteran Chuck Hayes.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena Updated: Aug-31-15 8:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- Indiana Fever re-sign point guard Briann January Updated: Aug-31-15 7:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever have signed point guard Briann January to a contract extension.