- Russell ready to restore Lakers glory alongside Nance, Brown Updated: Jun-29-15 7:16 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - D'Angelo Russell was the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, and he chose the No. 1 jersey with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Budenholzer hopes Hardaway helps Hawks keep Millsap, Carroll Updated: Jun-29-15 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - Now that he's added Tim Hardaway Jr., Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer has narrowed his focus on re-signing All-Star forward Paul Millsap and starting guard DeMarre Carroll.
- Boston 2024 Olympics organizers update $4.6B bid Updated: Jun-29-15 5:51 pm
BOSTON - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston released the most detailed look yet at its bid for the Summer Games on Monday, unveiling a $4.6 billion plan it says would create thousands of jobs and housing units, expand the city's tax base and leave behind a vastly-improved regional transit system - all with a $210 million surplus.
- Chicago Bulls introduce first round pick Bobby Portis Updated: Jun-29-15 5:48 pm
CHICAGO - Growing up, Bobby Portis got accustomed to being the last player picked. So he prided himself on being the one who out-worked everyone else.
- Wade elects to become free agent, may leave Heat Updated: Jun-29-15 5:47 pm
MIAMI - The relationship between Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat is about to be tested like never before, and the most accomplished player in franchise history may soon have a new home.
- New coaches, talented freshmen to add intrigue to SEC hoops Updated: Jun-29-15 4:59 pm
Southeastern Conference basketball coaches are confident their league won't take a step back in the post-Billy Donovan era.
- Magic waive Gordon; draft pick Hezonja completes buyout Updated: Jun-29-15 4:51 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic have lost one player and will soon pick up another.
- Warriors exercise Speights' contract option for next season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Golden State Warriors have begun the process of keeping their championship roster intact.
- Veteran guard Hinrich returning to Chicago Bulls Updated: Jun-29-15 4:30 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bulls say guard Kirk Hinrich has exercised his player option and will return next season.
- The Latest: Stephens wins 1st-round match at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-29-15 4:12 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Grizzlies' Martin says he has stress fracture in his foot Updated: Jun-29-15 4:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Grizzlies first-round draft pick Jarell Martin says he has a stress fracture in his foot that will prevent him from playing in any summer league games.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- Luol Deng staying with Heat, opts-in for $10.1 million Updated: Jun-29-15 2:12 pm
MIAMI - Luol Deng has elected to stay with the Miami Heat next season, using his opt-in clause on a $10.1 million deal.
- Los Angeles Sparks still winless after seven games Updated: Jun-29-15 3:14 am
NEW YORK - Seven games into the season and Brian Agler is still looking for his first win as the coach of the Los Angeles Sparks.
- Athletes adjusting to cameras all over arenas, stadiums Updated: Jun-29-15 3:09 am
When LeBron James pulls into the parking lot at Quicken Loans Arena, there are cameras waiting.
- Williams' late jumper gives Shock 8th straight win Updated: Jun-28-15 9:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Riquna Williams' step-back jumper put Tulsa up by two with 10.9 seconds left, and the Shock held off the Seattle Storm 93-89 on Sunday to tie the franchise record with their eighth straight victory.
- Meesseman, Dolson lead Mystics over Sky 86-71 Updated: Jun-28-15 6:45 pm
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Rodgers scores 23 points, Liberty beat Sparks 79-70 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:36 pm
- Serbia women win first EuroBasket title Updated: Jun-28-15 3:38 pm
Ana Dabovic scored 25 points and Sonja Petrovic added 22 to help Serbia beat France 76-68 on Sunday in the EuroBasket women championship game and qualify for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Heat decline Beasley's option, making him free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 1:56 pm
MIAMI - Michael Beasley's third stint with the Miami Heat has ended.
- Lynx beat Mercury in Griner's return from suspension, 71-56 Updated: Jun-27-15 11:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Brittney Griner stepped onto the court for the first time this season, starting the process of putting her domestic violence arrest behind her for good.
- Streaking San Antonio pulls out 73-71 win over Seattle Storm Updated: Jun-27-15 10:39 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kayla McBride scored 12 of her 23 points in the final 6:07 to help San Antonio rally from an eight-point deficit to win its second straight game, knocking off Seattle 73-71 on Saturday night.
- Russia fails to qualify for women's hoops at Olympics Updated: Jun-27-15 7:03 pm
For the first time since boycotting the 1984 Olympics, Russia won't have a women's basketball team in the Olympics.
- Johnson's suit catches eyes at Pistons' news conference Updated: Jun-27-15 6:41 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Stanley Johnson had already brought attention to himself when - after being selected by the Detroit Pistons with the eighth pick - he declared himself to be the best player in the draft.