- Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup stadium site Updated: Apr-30-16 5:03 pm
DOHA, Qatar - World Cup organizers say a worker has died after falling ill on the site of one of the stadiums being constructed for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
- FIFA cuts ban for 2018-2022 World Cup bid inspector Updated: Apr-22-16 10:48 am
ZURICH - A seven-year FIFA ban imposed on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bid inspector has been cut by four years on appeal.
- FIFA panel to monitor labor conditions at Qatar stadiums Updated: Apr-22-16 8:15 am
DOHA, Qatar - FIFA will create a panel to monitor construction at World Cup stadiums in Qatar to ensure "decent working conditions."
- New FIFA head tries out his Russian in meeting with Putin Updated: Apr-20-16 1:53 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with new FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who tried out a few phrases he has learned to say in Russian during his visit to check on preparations for the 2018 World Cup.
- FIFA adviser: Strip nations of World Cups over rights abuses Updated: Apr-14-16 11:07 am
World Cups should be removed from countries failing to eradicate human rights abuses, a report commissioned by FIFA in response to concerns about the mistreatment of workers in Qatar said Thursday.
- Australia, Japan in Group B for Asian World Cup qualifying Updated: Apr-12-16 6:51 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Asian Cup champion Australia and Japan have been grouped together in the last round of Asian qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.