- Former German soccer president wins preliminary court ruling Updated: Feb-02-16 2:59 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - The former president of the German soccer federation can continue to refer to Qatar as a "cancerous growth of world football" - at least until a final ruling by a German court.
- English Football Association chairman leaving over reforms Updated: Jan-28-16 12:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association chairman, who set the national team a target of winning the World Cup by 2022, is leaving in July.
- Unofficial campaigns already starting for AFC presidency Updated: Jan-28-16 6:28 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The position is not yet vacant, and may not become so, yet people are already beginning their undeclared campaigns to be president of the Asian Football Confederation.
- FIFA judges explain 7-year ban for 2018-2022 bid inspector Updated: Jan-14-16 6:42 am
ZURICH - The 2018 and 2022 World Cup bid inspector was banned from soccer for seeking several favors for family members, the FIFA ethics committee has said six months after imposing a seven-year sanction.
- Saudi-Iran tensions overshadow Asian soccer tournaments Updated: Jan-12-16 8:31 am
The political tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran may filter onto the soccer pitch in the coming weeks with teams from the two nations due to play each other in the Asian Champions League and the Asian Under-23 Championships.