- Russia plans to use prison labor for 2018 World Cup Updated: May-25-15 4:54 pm
MOSCOW - Russian authorities want to use prison labor to drive down the costs of holding the 2018 World Cup.
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA Updated: May-23-15 10:39 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter divides opinion so much even his opponents are charmed by him.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- FIFA Presidential Election Candidates Updated: May-21-15 5:10 pm
ZURICH - A look at the candidates in the FIFA presidential election on May 29 in Zurich:
- Previous FIFA Presidential Elections Updated: May-21-15 12:06 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter would certainly argue that being president of FIFA is the best job in sports. Becoming FIFA president is one of the hardest.
- Sepp Blatter set for another win in FIFA election Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
GENEVA - For once, a major FIFA election is untainted by claims of vote-buying.
- Rights group: Qatar making little progress on labor reforms Updated: May-20-15 9:20 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Amnesty International said Thursday that Qatar is failing to deliver on reforms for its migrant workers a year after the wealthy Gulf nation announced plans to improve conditions for low-paid laborers building its highways, hotels, stadiums and skyscrapers.
- FIFA sponsors Adidas, Coke, Visa express concern over Qatar Updated: May-20-15 7:48 pm
LONDON - FIFA came under pressure from sponsors Adidas, Coca-Cola and Visa on Wednesday to push Qatar to deliver reforms for migrant workers as the country rapidly expands to host the 2022 World Cup.
- JFK inspiring England's attempt to end soccer title drought Updated: May-19-15 7:36 am
LONDON - English soccer leaders are drawing inspiration from former U.S. President John F. Kennedy's challenge to send a man to the moon as the country tries to end its World Cup title drought.
- Workers' group to FIFA sponsors: Qatar a blot on your brand Updated: May-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Advocates for workers' rights are urging FIFA sponsors to take more responsibility for the treatment of World Cup workers in Qatar, calling the "horrific" working conditions there a blot on any company's brand.
- BBC says team reporting on migrant workers arrested in Qatar Updated: May-18-15 7:22 am
LONDON - A BBC reporting crew spent two nights in a Qatari prison after being arrested while trying to meet migrant workers in the nation that will host the 2022 World Cup, the British broadcaster said Monday.
- Former FIFA VP banned for 8 years in 2022 World Cup case Updated: May-13-15 11:27 am
GENEVA - In a ruling that could lead to the downfall of more high-level soccer officials, FIFA banned a former vice president for eight years for taking money from Mohamed bin Hammam, one of the key backers of Qatar's successful World Cup bid.
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.
- France probes migrant abuse claims linked to 2022 World Cup Updated: Apr-27-15 12:41 pm
PARIS - A French prosecutor has opened a preliminary investigation into allegations that construction company Vinci gravely mistreated migrant workers in Qatar as it prepares to host the 2022 World Cup.