- Arkansas' Jackson invited to USA Basketball women's tryouts Updated: May-06-15 9:20 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas forward Jessica Jackson is one of 54 women's college basketball players invited to tryouts for the USA Basketball Women's Pan American Games and World University Games teams.
- Top WNBA players use new leverage to demand trades, sit out Updated: May-06-15 8:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - Several of the WNBA's marquee players are flexing newly gained leverage to make demands on the league, including forcing trades and dictating when they'll play.
- 3 South Carolina athletes invited to try out for US teams Updated: May-06-15 4:56 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - University of South Carolina women's basketball players Tiffany Mitchell, Alaina Coates and A'ja Wilson are heading to U.S. tryout camps to earn spots on national teams competing this summer.
- Oklahoma's Williams invited to USA Basketball team tryouts Updated: May-06-15 3:48 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - University of Oklahoma forward Kaylon Williams is one of 54 women's college basketball players invited to tryouts for the USA Basketball Women's Pan American Games and World University Games teams.
- Griner opts out of US women's basketball training camp Updated: May-04-15 4:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Brittney Griner opted out of the U.S. women's national basketball team training camp that began Monday.
- Griner to attend US women's basketball training camp Updated: Apr-30-15 9:33 pm
Brittney Griner is one of 27 players invited to the U.S. women's national team training camp in Las Vegas beginning on Monday.
- Basketball diplomacy: NBA greats teach Cubans basketball Updated: Apr-23-15 8:06 pm
HAVANA - Basketball great Dikembe Mutombo sank baskets from seemingly every position on the court Thursday as a half-dozen Cuban players watched admiringly on the first day of an NBA training camp aimed at boosting the game's popularity on the communist-run island following the declaration of detente between Washington and Havana.
- NBA announces exhibition game in South Africa on Aug. 1 Updated: Apr-22-15 7:17 am
JOHANNESBURG - Luol Deng and Chris Paul will play in an NBA exhibition game in South Africa on Aug. 1, the league said on Wednesday in its biggest step to win some territory on the soccer-mad African continent.
- Kansas to play Canada in World University Games tuneup Updated: Apr-17-15 12:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas will play Team Canada in a pair of exhibition games at Sprint Center in June before heading to South Korea as Team USA for the World University Games.
- Steve Nash: Injuries allowed him to prepare for retirement Updated: Apr-16-15 2:20 am
TORONTO - Suffering through three injury-plagued seasons in Los Angeles is not exactly how Steve Nash wanted to end his professional basketball career.
- Djokovic, Germany's World Cup team win Laureus awards Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
SHANGHAI - Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic won the sportsman of the year prize at the Laureus Sports Awards on Wednesday, while Germany's World Cup-winning squad received the best team award.
- World team beats US 103-101 at Hoop Summit Updated: Apr-11-15 7:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Canada's Jamal Murray had 30 points and Italy's Frederico Mussini scored the go-ahead points on three free throws with 2:04 remaining to help the World Selects beat the United States 103-101 on Saturday in the annual Nike Hoop Summit.
- UConn women will be favorites to win 11th title next year Updated: Apr-08-15 3:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Geno Auriemma and his UConn Huskies will be the leading contenders to make another championship run next season. It would be an unprecedented 11th title that would eclipse John Wooden's UCLA Bruins and their 10 championships.
- 3-Peat: UConn beats Notre Dame 63-53 for 3rd straight title Updated: Apr-08-15 12:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Geno Auriemma and his UConn Huskies are a perfect 10.