- Doctor auctions Jordan's '92 Olympic shoes, Dream Team ball Updated: May-06-16 12:27 pm
As the team physician for the Dream Team, Dr. David Fischer was up close with the most star-studded team ever assembled as they rolled through the Barcelona Olympics in 1992.
- WNBA, union amend CBA for overseas play fines Updated: May-04-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - The WNBA and its players union have agreed to amend the collective bargaining agreement on fines for overseas play.
- Australia to host its first Basketball without Borders camp Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Australia will host a Basketball without Borders camp for the first time next month.
- Former U. Delaware athlete to compete in Olympics Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
NEWARK, Delaware - A former University of Delaware athlete will be competing in this summer's Olympic Games.
- Professional basketball league forming in Great Plains Updated: Apr-29-16 8:30 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A professional basketball league is trying to get off the ground in the Great Plains.
- US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad comfortable speaking out Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama wrapped up her speech to dozens of U.S. athletes to mark 100 days before the Rio Games and immediately headed over to a temporary court set up in the middle of Times Square.
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Updated: Apr-26-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki is not retiring and almost certainly will spend a 19th season with the Mavericks.
- Still swimming in exile, Syrian refugee to carry Rio flame Updated: Apr-25-16 4:23 pm
ATHENS, Greece - As a swimming-mad teenager in Syria, Ibrahim Al-Hussein was glued to his TV set for the 2004 Athens Olympics.
- US men's basketball set for 5-game pre-Olympic schedule Updated: Apr-25-16 12:36 pm
The U.S. Olympic men's basketball team will face Argentina and three other opponents during a five-game, five-city exhibition tour leading up to the Summer Games.
- LeBron James says no Olympic commitment yet Updated: Apr-24-16 12:18 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - LeBron James says he has not committed to play for the United States at the Olympics.
- IOC member Baumann elected president of SportAccord group Updated: Apr-22-16 7:49 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Swiss IOC member Patrick Baumann has been elected president of SportAccord, an umbrella group of more than 90 Olympic and non-Olympic sports federations.
- FIBA warns dispute over European clubs could affect Olympics Updated: Apr-17-16 11:12 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIBA has raised the stakes in a dispute with 14 European members over controlling continent-wide club basketball competitions by suggesting Spain could lose its 2016 Olympics place.
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-15-16 6:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Jennifer Rizzotti was there for the start of Connecticut's women's basketball dynasty, and now she hopes to bring some of that experience to George Washington.
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Updated: Apr-13-16 3:48 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Australian guard Dejan Vasiljevic has signed a national letter of intent to play basketball for the Miami Hurricanes.
- Iowa seeks new scoreboard, sound system Updated: Apr-12-16 1:51 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The University of Iowa will seek approval from state regents next week for a new $3.5 million scoreboard and sound system at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Marv Albert to call Olympic hoops for 1st time since 1996 Updated: Apr-12-16 6:23 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Marv Albert will call Olympic basketball this summer for the first time since 1996.
- US beats World team 101-67 at the Nike Hoop Summit Updated: Apr-09-16 8:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - At times, it seemed as though Terrance Ferguson could not miss.
- Zeller scores 26, Celtics down Bucks 124-109 Updated: Apr-08-16 11:16 pm
BOSTON - Situated firmly in a virtual logjam in the Eastern Conference's shuffle for playoff seeding, where the Boston Celtics will end up is still very much a mystery with only a handful of games to play.
- Rio's port should be hopping with basketball during Olympics Updated: Apr-08-16 2:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro's renovated port area should be hopping - or "hooping" - during the Olympics.
- Croatian police detain around 100 Serbian basketball fans Updated: Apr-08-16 10:43 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatian police say they have detained around 100 basketball fans from neighboring Serbia, many of whom were carrying pyrotechnic devices.