- Lauren Jackson to wait until March to decide on Rio Games Updated: Feb-10-16 8:15 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson will wait until March to make a final decision on whether to play in her fifth Olympics for Australia.
- US adds Blazers' Lillard to Olympic basketball roster pool Updated: Feb-10-16 4:02 pm
Portland guard Damian Lillard has been added to the U.S. national basketball team pool, giving the Americans 31 players for 12 spots.
- Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy Updated: Feb-08-16 11:02 am
PARIS - San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker says he has reached an understanding with his pregnant wife that will allow him to take part in France's Olympic qualifying tournament this summer.
- Spain court probes passports of 2 US basketball players Updated: Feb-01-16 1:38 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - A Spanish court is investigating the alleged use of false passports by two American basketball players.
- Catchings, Bird, Taurasi headline finalists for US team Updated: Jan-25-16 1:17 pm
Tamika Catchings, Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi are in line to try for a fourth straight Olympic gold medal.
- World basketball body lifts suspension from Mexico Updated: Jan-20-16 8:18 am
MIES, Switzerland - Basketball's world governing body has ended a ban on Mexico that threatened its place in a 2016 Olympics men's qualifying tournament.
- Italy, Serbia, Philippines to host Olympic qualifying Updated: Jan-19-16 11:05 am
MIES, Switzerland - Italy, Serbia and the Philippines will host the three Olympic men's basketball qualifying tournaments in July.
- Redick's career-high 40 help Clippers beat Rockets in OT Updated: Jan-19-16 2:52 am
LOS ANGELES - J.J. Redick was getting tired of the Los Angeles Clippers losing to the Houston Rockets, so he finally took matters into his own sharp-shooting hands - with plenty of help from Chris Paul, of course.
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors over Nets 112-100 Updated: Jan-18-16 11:57 pm
TORONTO - Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan are both All-Star hopefuls for Toronto. They showed why while helping the Raptors match a season high with their fifth straight win.
- Trail Blazers rebound from loss to 76ers by beating Wizards Updated: Jan-18-16 5:54 pm
- Thunder's Durant, Westbrook are US Olympic team finalists Updated: Jan-18-16 3:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City teammates Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook are finalists for spots on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team.
- Weekend Sports in Brief Updated: Jan-18-16 2:48 am
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant decided to drop out of consideration for a spot on this summer's U.S. Olympic basketball team.
- Kobe passes torch, drops out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: Jan-16-16 7:31 pm
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant is passing the Olympic torch.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympics facing deep cuts unseen in decades Updated: Jan-15-16 1:19 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cuts, cuts and more cuts.