- ACLU chapter sues Tacoma police for surveillance records Updated: Feb-11-16 3:15 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The state chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued the Tacoma Police Department, saying the department has refused to turn over documents concerning its use of Stingray surveillance devices.
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Lawmakers say UK's draft online spying law needs changes Updated: Feb-11-16 7:06 am
LONDON - The British government is under pressure to amend a contentious Internet surveillance bill after a parliamentary committee said plans to make service providers retain all users' data have not been adequately thought through.
- US struggling to build anti-Islamic State strategy in Libya Updated: Feb-04-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is struggling to find the right mix of military and diplomatic moves to stop the Islamic State in Libya, where the extremist group has taken advantage of the political chaos in the country to gain a foothold with worrying implications for the U.S. and Europe - particularly Italy, just 300 miles away.
- Kansas hunting outfitters target of federal investigation Updated: Feb-02-16 3:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Federal agents raided a hunting lodge in Kansas' Flint Hills as part of an investigation into allegations of illegal hunting and baiting that included the use of undercover hunters, GPS tracking of vehicles and camera surveillance, court documents show.
- US to rework arms control rule on exporting hacker tools Updated: Feb-02-16 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is rewriting a proposal under arms control rules from 20 years ago to make it simpler to export tools related to hacking and surveillance software since they are also used to secure computer networks.
- Report: US and UK spied on Israeli drones for years Updated: Jan-29-16 5:31 am
JERUSALEM - U.S and British intelligence cracked the codes of Israeli drones operating in the Middle East and monitored their surveillance feeds for almost 20 years, according to documents leaked by an American whistleblower and published in international media on Friday.
- Police: Heroin found smuggled in vehicle axle in Queens Updated: Jan-27-16 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say two men were busted in New York for smuggling 100 pounds of heroin hidden inside a vehicle's axle.
- FBI releases images of California bank robbery suspect Updated: Jan-26-16 8:28 am
OAKLAND, California - The FBI has released surveillance images of a man they suspect of being involved with bank robberies throughout Northern California.