- EU's Ashton criticized for meeting Iran activists Updated: Mar-10-14 7:44 am
- Activists say 50 Israelis refuse army service Updated: Mar-09-14 9:49 am
- GOP gay marriage division on display at conference Updated: Mar-08-14 8:08 pm
- Putin declares Sochi Winter Paralympics open Updated: Mar-07-14 1:40 pm
- Idaho gay activists jailed after vigil attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 1:25 pm
- Militant grip transforms, terrorizes Syrian city Updated: Mar-07-14 11:47 am
- Ukraine decides to compete in Paralympics in Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 10:00 am
- Cincinnati police probe Greenpeace security breach Updated: Mar-06-14 4:29 pm
- New Mexico governor: Tone down political rhetoric Updated: Mar-05-14 6:57 pm
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- Pension, gay marriage votes stir primary contests Updated: Mar-05-14 5:13 pm
- Conservative activist fights beer's trademark bid Updated: Mar-05-14 1:38 pm
- Miss. lawmakers honor Freedom Summer veterans Updated: Mar-05-14 12:40 pm
- US activist says Egypt police assaulted her Updated: Mar-04-14 3:55 pm
- Former NAACP head joins tech venture capital firm Updated: Mar-04-14 2:31 pm
- Idaho gay rights activists jailed after protest Updated: Mar-04-14 11:54 am
- Belafonte to receive honorary Berklee doctorate Updated: Mar-04-14 3:36 am
- Workers, bused-in activists target UPMC offices Updated: Mar-03-14 10:23 am
- Feminist activist Gloria Steinem coming to Mass. Updated: Mar-02-14 7:05 pm
- In Syria, government pursues local cease-fires Updated: Mar-01-14 12:33 pm
- Ex-Gitmo inmate faces Syrian terror charges in UK Updated: Mar-01-14 7:11 am
- Gay activists arrested again after Capitol protest Updated: Feb-27-14 8:31 pm
- Boston, NYC mayors to skip St. Pat's parades Updated: Feb-27-14 6:26 pm
- Documents shed light on 2010 Minnesota FBI raids Updated: Feb-27-14 3:28 pm
- Texas tea party activists disavow US Rep. Stockman Updated: Feb-27-14 2:22 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - A senior Iranian military official has criticized the European Union's foreign policy chief for meeting women activists during her visit to Iran.
JERUSALEM - Activists say a group of some 50 Israeli youths have sent Israel's prime minister a petition refusing to enlist for compulsory military service to protest Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories, the largest such group of objectors since 2001.
SEASIDE, Oregon - Young Republican activists implored their party to support gay marriage Saturday, saying the GOP is destined to continue losing elections in Oregon if it doesn't get behind an issue that's gaining traction around the country.
SOCHI, Russia - With a solitary Ukrainian athlete taking part in the opening ceremony, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the Winter Paralympics in Sochi on Friday against the backdrop of his country's military action in Crimea.
BOISE, Idaho - The leader of the Add the Words group and two other gay activists were arrested at the Idaho Capitol late Thursday night after police nixed their plan to hold an all-night vigil inside the building.
BEIRUT - Once a vibrant, religiously mixed community, Syria's eastern city of Raqqa is now a shell of its former self, terrorized by hard-line militants who have turned it into the nucleus of their vision for the Islamic caliphate they hope one day to establish in Syria and Iraq.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine will compete in the Winter Paralympics in Sochi despite Russia's military moves in Crimea.
CINCINNATI - Cincinnati police on Thursday called for a "security summit" of the city's businesses in the aftermath of a breach at Procter & Gamble Co. headquarters by Greenpeace activists.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Political opponents should tone down their harsh rhetoric and critics of President Barack Obama still need to respect his office despite political differences, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Wednesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Four months ago, state Rep. Christian Mitchell made a tough vote in favor of Illinois' landmark state pension overhaul. Now he's facing the repercussions.
ST. LOUIS - Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly says she wants no part of a federal trademark sought by her nephew's craft beer company.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are honoring civil rights activists as the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer approaches.
CAIRO - The co-founder of U.S.-based anti-war group CodePink said Tuesday that Egyptian police detained her at Cairo's international airport when she tried to enter the country on route to the Gaza Strip and treated her roughly, fracturing her shoulder as they handcuffed her before deporting her.
SAN JOSE, California - Just months after stepping down as head of the nation's largest civil rights organization, former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous is changing his career from an East Coast political activist to a West Coast venture capitalist, a switch he hopes will help further his goal of growing opportunities for blacks and Latinos in the booming tech economy.
BOISE, Idaho - Twenty-three gay rights activists have been arrested after blocking the entrance to Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter's office inside the Idaho Statehouse, the latest in a string of arrests related to protests over attempts to add anti-discrimination protections to Idaho law.
BOSTON - Singer, songwriter and activist Harry Belafonte will receive an honorary doctor of music degree at Berklee College of Music in Boston this week during a concert in his honor.
PITTSBURGH - An estimated 300 workers and bused-in labor activists tied up Pittsburgh traffic when they marched downtown to rally outside the corporate offices of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
NORTH ADAMS, Massachusetts - A key figure in the American women's movement is coming to Massachusetts.
BEIRUT - In one besieged neighborhood after another, weary rebels have turned over their weapons to the Syrian government in exchange for an easing of suffocating blockades that have prevented food, medicine and other staples from reaching civilians trapped inside.
LONDON - A former Guantanamo Bay detainee and human rights activist was arraigned Saturday in a London court on charges of promoting terrorism in Syria.
BOISE, Idaho - Gay rights activists were again led out of the Idaho Statehouse in shackles and taken to jail by bus Thursday after a renewed protest seeking to add anti-discrimination protections to Idaho law.
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Martin Walsh is threatening to boycott the St. Patrick's Day parade unless organizers allow a group of gay military veterans to march, joining New York's mayor in protesting parade policies on gay groups.
MINNEAPOLIS - Newly unsealed documents allege Minnesota war protesters told an undercover FBI informant they believed in violent, armed revolution against the U.S. and raised money for Colombian and Palestinian organizations the government considers to be terrorists.
AUSTIN, Texas - A coalition of top Texas grassroots conservatives has formally disavowed U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman, saying he never represented tea party values.