- The Latest: Salt Lake City votes to name road for gay leader Updated: Apr-19-16 10:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the proposal to rename a street in Salt Lake City after pioneering gay leader Harvey Milk (all times local):
- Cuomo vows to support organized labor in NY Updated: Apr-19-16 5:34 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that he believes in the labor movement, telling union construction workers he won't sign legislation in New York that's not fair to organized labor.
- Medical pot activists fear epilepsy drug could undercut them Updated: Apr-17-16 1:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An experimental epilepsy drug made from cannabis plants grown in England is complicating the medical marijuana debate in hospitals and statehouses.
- Despite court ruling, China gay rights movement makes gains Updated: Apr-13-16 12:39 pm
CHANGSHA, China - For years, Chen Tiantian could only read about the gay rights movement in faraway places. She knew that there were activists in Beijing and a vibrant community in Shanghai, and that in San Francisco, a distant mecca, gay pride parades took up entire streets.
- Hong Kong teen democracy activist forms new political party Updated: Apr-10-16 1:21 pm
HONG KONG - Hong Kong teen activist Joshua Wong on Sunday unveiled a new political party that plans to field candidates in upcoming elections, marking the next step in the pro-democracy movement's evolution in the southern Chinese city.
- France' s economy minister launches new political movement Updated: Apr-07-16 9:41 am
PARIS - France's popular economy minister, Emmanuel Macron, has launched his own political movement to promote "fresh ideas" ahead of next year's presidential election.
- Algerian government, opposition rally over security, economy Updated: Mar-31-16 10:31 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - Political tensions are bubbling between Algeria's governing party and the opposition as threats of Islamic extremist violence and low oil prices that are pummeling the energy-dependent economy.