- Nigerians mark Easter amid mourning and fear Updated: Apr-20-14 10:58 pm
- Easter service marks Colorado massacre centennial Updated: Apr-20-14 9:16 pm
- Easter worship at ex-church that became nightclub Updated: Apr-20-14 7:25 pm
- Celebrating Easter - and creativity - in New York Updated: Apr-20-14 7:01 pm
- Oldest US cathedral celebrates Easter in Baltimore Updated: Apr-20-14 3:50 pm
- Runners blessed at Boston church on marathon's eve Updated: Apr-20-14 3:44 pm
- Ahead of vote, Syria's Assad visits seized village Updated: Apr-20-14 3:23 pm
- LDS leader: Protections on religious freedom erode Updated: Apr-20-14 2:35 pm
- Obama, family cause a small stir at Easter service Updated: Apr-20-14 2:31 pm
- DC area sees record number of Catholic converts Updated: Apr-20-14 1:43 pm
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter Updated: Apr-20-14 10:55 am
- Thousands celebrate Easter in Holy Land Updated: Apr-20-14 8:10 am
- Replica of 'Pieta' sculpture draws Easter visitors Updated: Apr-19-14 7:19 pm
- Holy fire ceremony draws thousands in Jerusalem Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 pm
- Pope seeks to bring faith to "ends of the Earth" Updated: Apr-19-14 4:56 pm
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle Updated: Apr-19-14 2:05 pm
- Religion builds bridges in ethnically split Cyprus Updated: Apr-19-14 6:40 am
- Atheist national conference aims at Mormon church Updated: Apr-18-14 8:28 pm
- Former priest charged with stealing from church Updated: Apr-18-14 6:15 pm
- Pensive pope at Good Friday Colosseum procession Updated: Apr-18-14 5:44 pm
- St. Louis priest charged with child sex crimes Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out Updated: Apr-18-14 2:56 pm
- Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land Updated: Apr-18-14 1:52 pm
- Atlanta residents object to planned priests' home Updated: Apr-18-14 12:34 pm
- Blagojevich campaign account donates final dollars Updated: Apr-18-14 10:46 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - With little to celebrate, Nigerians marked Easter Sunday with heightened security against a spreading Islamic uprising, mourning the deaths of at least 75 bomb blast victims and fearful of the fate of 85 abducted schoolgirls.
TRINIDAD, Colorado - Linda Linville climbed down the steep stone steps into the dugout on the southern Colorado prairie Sunday where one branch of her family was wiped out in one day 100 years ago.
PONTIAC, Michigan - A southeastern Michigan church building that spent several years as a nightclub reopened on Easter Sunday as a house of worship.
NEW YORK - Some wore their Sunday best in New York's annual Easter Parade on Fifth Avenue, but others simply spruced up their St. Patrick's Day or Halloween outfits.
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's archdiocese is celebrating its 225th Easter in the nation's oldest cathedral.
BOSTON - Marathon runners have been blessed at a Boston church service that celebrated Easter as it also remembered the victims of last year's bomb attacks near the finish line.
BEIRUT - Syria's embattled president marked Easter with a tour Sunday of an ancient Christian village recently recaptured by his forces, an important symbolic prize for his government ahead of coming presidential elections he appears poised to contest.
SALT LAKE CITY - A high-ranking Mormon leader said he believes protections for religious freedom of speech are eroding.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama may have expected a quiet Easter, but his presence rallied a congregation eager to greet him and his family to the front of the church.
WASHINGTON - The Washington area has a record number of Catholic converts joining the church this Easter.
VATICAN CITY - Marking Christianity's most hopeful day, Pope Francis made an Easter Sunday plea for peace and dialogue in Ukraine and Syria, for an end to terrorist attacks against Christians in Nigeria and for more attention to the hungry and neediest close to home.
JERUSALEM - Thousands of pilgrims from around the world are celebrating Easter in the Holy Land, commemorating the day when according to Christian tradition Jesus was resurrected in Jerusalem two millennia ago.
PHOENIX - The spirit of Michelangelo's "Pieta" sculpture is being felt this Easter weekend thousands of miles away from Vatican City - outside a Phoenix charity's dining hall.
JERUSALEM - The dark hall inside Christianity's holiest shrine was illuminated with the flames from thousands of candles on Saturday as worshippers participated in the holy fire ceremony, a momentous spiritual event in Orthodox Easter rites.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis baptized 10 people Saturday and urged them to bring their faith "to the ends of the Earth" as he presided over an Easter Vigil in St. Peter's Basilica.
TRES RIOS, Costa Rica - On a warm spring day, Floribeth Mora was in her bed waiting to die from a seemingly inoperable brain aneurysm when her gaze fell upon a photograph of Pope John Paul II in a newspaper.
FAMAGUSTA, Cyprus - An unexpected moment during the Good Friday service in a long-abandoned church in Cyprus' breakaway north illustrated how religion is helping to bring together Christian Greek Cypriots and Muslim Turkish Cypriots on this ethnically divided island.
SALT LAKE CITY - Leaders of a national atheist group say the best spot to find a nonbeliever is in a place of faith.
HAVRE, Montana - A former Havre priest has denied federal charges that allege he took nearly $65,000 from St. Jude Thaddeus Church.
ROME - Desperate migrants, suicidal failed business owners, battered women, torture victims and all people suffering in the world were remembered at a torch-lit Good Friday Way of the Cross procession presided over by Pope Francis at the Colosseum.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis priest previously accused of felony child endangerment and witness tampering in Lincoln County has been charged with first-degree sodomy involving another child.
LOS ANGELES - Social media has been buzzing for weeks with jokes about how, this year, Easter Sunday shares the calendar with the pot-lover's highest holiday: April 20, or 420 in stoner lingo. Pot-smokers have long celebrated on the date by lighting up for reasons not quite clear.
JERUSALEM - Christians in the Holy Land have commemorated the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in Good Friday prayers and processions through Jerusalem's Old City.
ATLANTA - Residents are objecting to the Archdiocese of Atlanta's plans to renovate a house in the city's upscale Buckhead neighborhood so it can be a home for a group of priests in the latest dust-up involving the home.
THIRD LAKE, Illinois - A federal campaign account for imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is now empty, two years into the Chicago Democrat's prison term.