- Nishikori rallies to foil Coric in Japan Open Updated: Oct-05-15 10:54 am
TOKYO - Defending champion Kei Nishikori, of Japan, was given a real scare by teen ace Borna Coric, of Croatia, on Monday, before sealing a 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 comeback win in the first round of the Rakuten Japan Open.
- No more marathons: Davis Cup votes for 5th-set tiebreaker Updated: Sep-25-15 12:43 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Davis Cup will use fifth-set tiebreakers beginning next year.
- Davis Cup: 2015 finalists get home draws in 2016 Updated: Sep-24-15 3:04 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - This year's Davis Cup finalists Britain and Belgium have been handed home draws in the first round of the 2016 competition.
- Davis Cup final to be played in Ghent on clay Updated: Sep-23-15 7:34 am
LONDON - The Davis Cup final between Belgium and Britain will be played in Ghent on clay, Andy Murray's least favorite surface.
- Noah puts discipline at the heart of Davis Cup project Updated: Sep-22-15 10:38 am
PARIS - Usually an image of coolness, Yannick Noah wants to use authority in order to bring back a winning culture within the French Davis Cup team.
- ATP expects Murray at World Tour Finals before Davis Cup Updated: Sep-22-15 8:43 am
LONDON - Andy Murray will be expected to play in the World Tour Finals in London in November, despite suggesting he may miss the event to prepare for Britain's Davis Cup final against Belgium.
- 1904 rematch: Britain sets up Davis Cup final vs Belgium Updated: Sep-20-15 8:28 pm
It's like 1904 all over again in the Davis Cup.
- Murray sends Britain into 1st Davis Cup final in 37 years Updated: Sep-20-15 2:08 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Andy Murray sent Britain into its first Davis Cup final in 37 years on Sunday, securing victory over Australia with a straight-set win over Bernard Tomic.
- Spain beats Denmark 5-0 in Davis Cup relegation playoff Updated: Sep-20-15 11:35 am
ODENSE, Denmark - Roberto Bautista Agut and David Ferrer won their matches Sunday as Spain defeated Denmark 5-0 in the Davis Cup's second-tier relegation playoff.
- Federer win in singles lifts Swiss to Davis Cup playoff win Updated: Sep-20-15 10:02 am
GENEVA - Roger Federer ensured Switzerland beat the Netherlands in a Davis Cup playoff on Sunday to retain its place in the elite World Group next season.
- Sock beats Istomin to clinch US victory over Uzbekistan Updated: Sep-20-15 3:53 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - Jack Sock clinched the United States' Davis Cup World Group win over Uzbekistan with a four-set victory over Denis Istomin on Sunday.
- Argentina takes 2-1 lead over Belgium in Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Sep-19-15 4:24 pm
BRUSSELS - Leonardo Mayer and Carlos Berlocq gave Argentina a 2-1 lead over Belgium in their Davis Cup semifinal Saturday after a tense doubles match against Steve Darcis and Ruben Bemelmans that lasted four hours.
- United States takes 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan in Davis Cup Updated: Sep-19-15 7:16 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - A straightforward win in the doubles for Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey on Saturday lifted the United States to a 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan and the brink of victory in their Davis Cup World Group playoff.
- Czech Republic takes 2-1 lead over India in Davis Cup Updated: Sep-19-15 6:48 am
NEW DELHI - Veteran Leander Paes had a rare doubles defeat in the Davis Cup on Saturday as India conceded a 2-1 lead to the Czech Republic in their World Group playoff.
- France Davis Cup captain Arnaud Clement gets the sack Updated: Sep-18-15 11:01 am
PARIS - The French tennis federation fired Davis Cup captain Arnaud Clement on Friday after growing tension between him and the players.
- Absent Kyrios focus of attention before Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:07 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - As Britain prepares to take on Australia in the Davis Cup semifinals this week, the focus will be as much on who's missing as who will be taking the court in Glasgow.
- Murray heads British team in Davis Cup semifinals Updated: Sep-08-15 10:34 am
LONDON - Andy Murray heads Britain's five-man team for next week's Davis Cup semifinal against Australia.
- Rafael Nadal returns to Spain's Davis Cup team Updated: Sep-08-15 9:24 am
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is returning to Spain's Davis Cup team after a two-year absence for a lower-tier series against Denmark.