- 2 injured, 1 critically, in Ellicott City fire Updated: Dec-08-13 6:43 pm
- Officials ID woman who died in Mass. house fire Updated: Dec-08-13 4:26 pm
- Blaze guts Long Island church hours before service Updated: Dec-08-13 4:02 pm
- Historic Conn. church destroyed by fire Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 pm
- Rare rioting shocks orderly Singapore Updated: Dec-08-13 12:56 pm
- Generator cause of Va. holiday parade float fire Updated: Dec-08-13 12:38 pm
- Firefighter injured in Tiverton blaze Updated: Dec-08-13 12:35 pm
- 1 dead in Billings house fire Updated: Dec-08-13 12:35 pm
- Fire likely caused by attempt to thaw pipes Updated: Dec-08-13 12:20 pm
- Police investigating 2 fires at Maui High School Updated: Dec-07-13 7:08 pm
- 1 dead in E. Idaho apartment fire Updated: Dec-07-13 6:11 pm
- Mobile home fire claims life of Knoxville man Updated: Dec-07-13 6:02 pm
- Review occurs after firefighters miss calls Updated: Dec-07-13 5:29 pm
- House in western Iowa destroyed by fire Updated: Dec-07-13 5:22 pm
- NYC good Samaritans risk it all to save strangers Updated: Dec-07-13 11:02 am
- Ore. house, barn destroyed by fire; some pets die Updated: Dec-07-13 12:08 am
- Young victims of SW Minn. fire identified Updated: Dec-06-13 8:10 pm
- Doctor's body found in ruins of burned Wash. home Updated: Dec-06-13 7:28 pm
- Woman leaves hospital after fatal Calif. home fire Updated: Dec-06-13 7:26 pm
- 2 children left home alone die in Detroit fire Updated: Dec-06-13 7:11 pm
- 46-foot charter boat damaged in fire Updated: Dec-06-13 6:34 pm
- Newspaper: Feds stymied probe into fire deaths Updated: Dec-06-13 6:32 pm
- Cat emerges alive from rubble of burned shelter Updated: Dec-06-13 6:31 pm
- Warrant issued for Hagerstown, Md., arson suspect Updated: Dec-06-13 4:41 pm
- Frozen pipe problem leads to Dodge City fire Updated: Dec-06-13 4:28 pm
ELLICOTT CITY, Maryland - Authorities say two members of an Ellicott City family were injured, one critically, in a house fire.
RUTLAND, Massachusetts - The Worcester County District Attorney's Office has identified a woman who died in a suspicious house fire in Rutland and says a homeless man has been charged with stealing the victim's SUV.
NEW YORK - A more than 160-year-old Long Island church was gutted by a fire that blazed through the sanctuary hours before Sunday's service, yet congregants still gathered and gave thanks that no one was hurt.
POMFRET, Connecticut - The state fire marshal's office is investigating the cause of a blaze that destroyed the historic First Congregational Church of Pomfret.
SINGAPORE - A rare riot broke out in Singapore's Little India neighborhood Sunday night, apparently after a Bangladeshi worker was hit and killed by a bus, a local television channel reported.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach fire officials say a generator caused a fire that broke out on a float during a holiday parade.
TIVERTON, Rhode Island - Tiverton officials say a local firefighter injured his knee battling a house blaze.
BILLINGS, Montana - Fire officials in Billings say a person has died in a house fire.
MISSOULA, Montana - Fire officials in Missoula say a man using a propane torch to thaw out frozen pipes is what likely started a fire that heavily damaged a single-wide trailer.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Authorities are investigating two fires that were apparently set deliberately less than two hours apart at a Maui high school.
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - The Idaho Falls Fire Department says one person died in an apartment fire Saturday morning.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Fire authorities say a 19-year-old Knoxville man has died in a mobile home fire.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Fire Department has inspected bay doors at all its stations after firefighters missed calls because they were trapped inside their station during a power outage.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities are investigating the cause of a fire that destroyed a home near Lake Manawa in western Iowa's Council Bluffs.
NEW YORK - A personal trainer jumps down onto the subway tracks to save an unconscious man as a train barrels down. A trucker stops to pull a driver from a burning car. A quick-thinking plumber uses his belt as a tourniquet to save a woman badly injured in a crash.
WILSONVILLE, Oregon - Fire officials say a house and barn in Wilsonville, Oregon, were destroyed in a fire that killed some pets, including a lizard and cats.
LUCAN, Minnesota - The names of the two children killed in a farmhouse fire in southwestern Minnesota this week have been released.
FOX ISLAND, Washington - A search dog used to locate disaster victims has helped firefighters recover the body of a doctor who was trapped with his 8-year-old daughter when fire raced through their Fox Island, Washington, home.
MERCED, California - Fire officials say a California woman who survived a blaze that killed her husband and two of her children has been released from the hospital.
DETROIT - Two boys - ages 1 and 4 - who were left alone died after firefighters braved flames and pulled them from their burning home on Detroit's northwest side.
TILGHMAN ISLAND, Maryland - Fire officials say a 46-foot commercial charter boat at Tilghman Island was heavily damaged by fire.
PHOENIX - State workplace safety officials probing the deaths of 19 firefighters in an Arizona wildfire were denied access to key witnesses as they worked to determine the tragedy's cause, according to a letter from a federal agency.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Nearly a week after an eastern Kentucky animal shelter burned, crews have found a cat alive in the rubble.
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The state fire marshal's office says it has issued an arrest warrant for a man suspected of setting two fires that destroyed a home near Hagerstown.
DODGE CITY, Kansas - An attempt to thaw a frozen pipe turned into a big problem for a southwest Kansas resident.