- Father: American burned in Taiwan park fire fights for life Updated: Jul-01-15 8:47 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - The father of an American who was badly burned in a fire at a Taiwan water park said Wednesday that the family was anxious about how the young man would fare in the next few days.
- Source: Fire at black church in South Carolina wasn't arson Updated: Jul-01-15 8:34 am
GREELEYVILLE, South Carolina - A fire that destroyed a black church that 20 years ago was a target of the Ku Klux Klan was not the work of an arsonist, a federal law enforcement source said Wednesday.
- Morning tanker fire closes 2 central Ohio highways Updated: Jul-01-15 7:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two central Ohio highways have been shut down as crews deal with an overturned tanker truck that caught fire.
- Japan police seek motive for self-immolation on bullet train Updated: Jul-01-15 7:22 am
TOKYO - Japanese police have searched the apartment of the man who set himself on fire on a high-speed bullet train, killing himself and another passenger, as officials sought clues to his motive.
- Towing company offers free service for Sockeye Fire victims Updated: Jul-01-15 7:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Wasilla towing company is offering help to Willow residents affected by the Sockeye Fire.
- Wildfire forces evacuations near Quincy in Grant County Updated: Jul-01-15 6:22 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Officials say a wildfire has forced some rural residents near Quincy, Washington, to flee their homes.
- Mount Charleston Fire District start marks date of big fire Updated: Jul-01-15 6:20 am
MOUNT CHARLESTON, Nevada - Officials are marking both a local takeover of Mount Charleston fire protection from the Nevada Division of Forestry, and the second anniversary of a sweeping area wildfire.
- Authorities: Firefighters find body in burned out car Updated: Jul-01-15 4:40 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities are investigating the discovery of a body in a burned out car in western Pennsylvania.
- Vermont towel fire prompts warning about combustion Updated: Jul-01-15 4:05 am
NEWPORT, Vermont - A fire in a downtown Newport, Vermont, business block caused only $5,000 in smoke damage but is prompting a warning from state fire marshals about spontaneous combustion.
- Fire crews make gains against damaging Washington wildfire Updated: Jul-01-15 2:16 am
WENATCHEE, Washington - Surveying the smoldering ruins of his upscale home in this central Washington city, Vern Smith pointed to what had been his garage.
- Fire crews gain ground on central Washington brush fire Updated: Jun-30-15 11:43 pm
MANSFIELD, Washington - State officials say a wildfire that has burned across nearly 5 ½ square miles of sagebrush and grass near the town of Mansfield in central Washington is 50 percent contained and no longer threatens homes.
- Man allegedly posing as firefighter arrested near wildfire Updated: Jun-30-15 10:25 pm
BIG BEAR LAKE, California - Authorities arrested a man they say was driving a stolen car full of firefighting gear near a Southern California wildfire.
- Owner: Insulation failure caused fire at NY nuke plant Updated: Jun-30-15 10:21 pm
BUCHANAN, New York - Insulation failure is being blamed for last month's transformer fire at a suburban New York nuclear power plant.
- Firefighters gain on California wildfires; heat sets in Updated: Jun-30-15 10:13 pm
LOMPOC, California - Firefighters made progress against wildfires burning throughout California but weather was becoming a potential problem as a heat wave built in some regions and the threat of thunderstorms, gusty winds and lightning persisted elsewhere.
- Firefighter deaths leave financial toll on Prescott Updated: Jun-30-15 10:07 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Until tragedy hit two years ago, the central Arizona city of Prescott had a unique status as the only municipality with an elite wildfire Hotshot crew.
- LA station holds vigil for firefighters killed 2 years ago Updated: Jun-30-15 8:09 pm
CERRITOS, California - A Los Angeles fire station is hosting a 24-hour vigil to remember 19 firefighters killed in a wildfire in northern Arizona two years ago.
- Family: Stranded woman rescued after giving birth in forest Updated: Jun-30-15 7:02 pm
OROVILLE, California - Authorities rescued a woman and her newborn baby after her family says she gave birth in a remote national forest in Northern California.
- 3 indicted in brutal rape, killing of Baltimore teen Updated: Jun-30-15 6:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Three men have been indicted in the brutal sexual assault and slaying of a teenage girl whose body was discovered inside a Baltimore home that had been intentionally set on fire.
- Fire near Browning flares to 300 acres in an hour Updated: Jun-30-15 6:32 pm
SHELBY, Montana - Authorities say firefighters expect to contain a grass fire that spread quickly outside of Browning.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for July 1 Updated: Jun-30-15 5:59 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Fires slow traffic on Interstate 5 in Snohomish County Updated: Jun-30-15 5:01 pm
MARYSVILLE, Washington - Multiple brushfires slowed southbound traffic on Interstate 5 in Snohomish County on Tuesday.
- Southfield fire department: Boy, 10, killed in house blaze Updated: Jun-30-15 4:58 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - The Southfield fire department says a 10-year-old boy has died in a house fire in the northern Detroit suburb.
- Defense: Condemned man in fatal fire case should be retried Updated: Jun-30-15 3:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A defense attorney for an inmate who was convicted in the 2010 deaths of a south-central Oklahoma woman and her two children urged an appeals court Tuesday to reverse his death sentence because legal errors tainted his trial.
- Tour bus destroyed by engine fire on I-68 in western Md. Updated: Jun-30-15 2:31 pm
KEYSERS RIDGE, Maryland - State police say all five people aboard a private tour bus survived a fire that destroyed the vehicle on Interstate 68 in western Maryland.
- Tulalip man died while fighting brush fire Updated: Jun-30-15 1:06 pm
TULALIP, Washington - The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's office says a fatal brush fire on the Tulalip Indian Reservation spread from outdoor vegetation burning.