- 4 hurt when SUV hits Tysons Corner restaurant Updated: May-04-16 6:22 pm
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Four people were injured after a restaurant cook on bereavement leave crashed a sport utility vehicle into his restaurant and sparked a large fire, officials said.
- Fuel breaks to reduce wildfire risk built in Idaho, Oregon Updated: May-04-16 6:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Federal officials are putting in emergency fuel breaks in southwest Idaho and southeast Oregon to reduce wildfire risk while they work on an environmental assessment for a larger fuel break project for the area.
- Blues' Upshall, Hitchcock keep nervous eye on Canadian fire Updated: May-04-16 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues forward Scottie Upshall has numerous family members who live in Fort McMurray, Alberta, including a brother and his fiancee, plus aunts, uncles and nieces.
- Ohio fire killing 2 adults, child likely began in kitchen Updated: May-04-16 1:31 pm
CINCINNATI - Authorities say an apartment fire that killed two adults and a child in suburban Cincinnati likely started in the kitchen.
- Residents evacuated as fires threaten Canada oil sands town Updated: May-04-16 12:04 pm
FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - A wildfire forced the evacuation of the Canadian oil sands city of Fort McMurray, Alberta, destroying 80 percent of the homes in one neighborhood and extensively damaging property in a number of others, officials said Wednesday, warning that it could get worse in the coming hours.
- Body found inside charred trailer house in central Nebraska Updated: May-04-16 11:27 am
MERNA, Nebraska - Firefighters have found the body of a 59-year-old man inside a charred trailer home.
- Body found in vacant Providence house after fire Updated: May-04-16 10:38 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - One person has been found dead following a fire at a vacant house in Providence.
- People holding blanket save mom, kids from fire in S. Korea Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Residents and U.S. military personnel in a South Korean city rescued a woman and her three children from a fire by safely catching them with a blanket as they fell four floors, fire officials said Wednesday.
- 5 hurt, including 2 officers, after St. Louis fire Updated: May-04-16 8:22 am
ST. LOUIS - Two police officers are among five people injured after fire broke out at a St. Louis home.
- Man, 2 dogs shot in Suffolk County; house set on fire Updated: May-04-16 5:33 am
YAPHANK, New York - Suffolk County police are seeking a suspect who they say shot a man and his two dogs and then set his house on fire.
- Firefighter, 18-month-old among 4 injured in Weymouth blaze Updated: May-04-16 3:33 am
WEYMOUTH, Massachusetts - Fire officials say an 18-month-old and a Weymouth firefighter were among four people hospitalized after a blaze ripped through a suburban Boston apartment complex.
- Man dies in house fire in Sheridan, 1 taken to hospital Updated: May-03-16 11:27 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Authorities say a 28-year-old man died in a house fire in Sheridan, and another person was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.
- Body found in burned car identified as Nampa man Updated: May-03-16 10:34 pm
NAMPA, Idaho - Authorities have identified the body of a man found inside a burning car in the parking lot of a Nampa apartment complex.
- Teen charged in fire that killed NY cop denies setting blaze Updated: May-03-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - A teenager charged in a 2014 mattress fire in Brooklyn that killed a police officer and severely injured another officer has denied setting the fire, saying he confessed to the crime to protect his family.
- Fire in Cambridge building causes $900,000 in damage Updated: May-03-16 8:33 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Fire officials say a lightning strike may have sparked a fire that heavily damaged an American Legion post in Cambridge.
- Survivor of Yarnell Hill Fire releases book Updated: May-03-16 4:35 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - The only member of an elite firefighting unit to survive a June 2013 wildfire in Arizona has written a personal account of the tragedy.
- Feds: Poor maintenance led to fatal DC subway fire Updated: May-03-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - A fire that caused a Washington subway train to fill with smoke inside a downtown tunnel last year, killing one passenger and sickening dozens, can be traced to poor maintenance and ineffective inspection practices by the city's beleaguered transit authority, federal investigators said Tuesday.
- Man dies after canoe capsizes in Colorado lake Updated: May-03-16 4:15 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority says a canoe capsized on a lake north of Denver, leaving one man dead.
- Officials: Candles possible cause of NYC church fire Updated: May-03-16 3:41 pm
NEW YORK - Fire department officials say the cause of a blaze that destroyed a historic New York City church is under investigation but it could have been candles.
- The Latest: Feds fault DC subway for inadequate maintenance Updated: May-03-16 3:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the National Transportation Safety Board's findings about a fatal 2015 accident on the Washington subway (all times local):
- Police: House burglaries, blazes appear connected Updated: May-03-16 11:53 am
NICHOLASVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating three house fires that occurred after the homes were burglarized.
- Myanmar fire leaves 440 Rohingya families homeless Updated: May-03-16 7:19 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A fire on Tuesday burned down a camp in western Myanmar that shelters members of the country's persecuted Rohingya minority, leaving 440 families homeless.
- Mt. Mansfield's Stone Hut, gutted in fire, will be rebuilt Updated: May-03-16 5:18 am
STOWE, Vermont - Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation officials say the beloved Stone Hut atop Mt. Mansfield, gutted by a fire on Christmas Eve, will be rebuilt but it won't be cheap or easy.
- Refugee sets herself alight at immigration camp on Nauru Updated: May-02-16 9:52 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A Somali refugee was critically injured when she set herself on fire at an Australian immigration camp on the Pacific island nation of Nauru three days after an Iranian refugee died of injuries sustained in a similar apparent protest, officials said.
- Denver firefighters battling blaze find body in closet Updated: May-02-16 9:39 pm
DENVER - An investigation is underway after firefighters battling a blaze at a popular bagel shop in Denver found a body in a closet.