- Nebraska joins wildfire compact with nearby states Updated: Apr-18-14 2:22 pm
- 2 NC children lowered to safety from morning fire Updated: Apr-18-14 2:11 pm
- Police: Fatal fire began with dropped cigarette Updated: Apr-18-14 1:49 pm
- Sierra Vista-area fires reviewed for connection Updated: Apr-18-14 1:22 pm
- Mom and son who died in San Francisco fire ID'd Updated: Apr-18-14 12:46 pm
- Progress reported with blaze in southern Arizona Updated: Apr-18-14 12:43 pm
- 4 get out of Phoenix house but dog dies in fire Updated: Apr-18-14 12:22 pm
- Fire damages to highway maintenance vehicles Updated: Apr-18-14 12:20 pm
- Restored tallgrass prairie blackened in Nebraska Updated: Apr-18-14 11:53 am
- Cause of fire that killed 2 boys still unknown Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 am
- 2 displaced by Phoenix apartment complex fire Updated: Apr-18-14 9:02 am
- 101-year-old hurt in fire at home near Muncie Updated: Apr-18-14 6:52 am
- 2 killed in Quincy fire identified as man, son Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 am
- Student struggles to recount fatal truck-bus crash Updated: Apr-18-14 4:14 am
- Texas town honors 15 killed in year-ago explosion Updated: Apr-18-14 12:29 am
- Condition upgraded for victim of firetruck crash Updated: Apr-17-14 8:31 pm
- Woman treated for smoke in Vegas apartment fire Updated: Apr-17-14 7:18 pm
- Oconto High fire causes $5M damage Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 pm
- Authorities say teen linked to Muscatine fire Updated: Apr-17-14 6:05 pm
- Federal team investigating fatal Tenn. explosion Updated: Apr-17-14 5:40 pm
- NY man found guilty of killing girlfriend Updated: Apr-17-14 3:55 pm
- St. Louis man gets 4-year term for burning dog Updated: Apr-17-14 12:59 pm
- Fire in bathroom at Atlantic City's Tropicana Updated: Apr-17-14 12:59 pm
- Man found dead in burning home identified Updated: Apr-17-14 11:56 am
- 2 adults arrested in Longmont railroad tie fire Updated: Apr-17-14 11:13 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman has signed a bill that will have Nebraska join forces with Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas in fighting wildfires.
HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina - Two children were lowered to safety by family members, while two adults jumped from a second-floor balcony to escape a fire at an apartment complex in Hendersonville.
SANTA CLAUS, Indiana - State police say a fatal house fire in a southern Indiana town began when a disabled woman dropped a cigarette.
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Several small fires occurred mid-week in the Sierra Vista area are considered suspicious and being investigated for a possible connection.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco fire officials say a woman and her 3-year-old son who died in an apartment blaze were found in the apartment's bathroom.
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Progress is being reported in the fight against a wildfire burning near Sierra Vista in southeastern Arizona.
PHOENIX - A man in a wheelchair and three other people escaped a burning Phoenix house but a pet dog perished.
EDGAR, Wisconsin - Fire at a Marathon County highway maintenance garage has caused substantial damage.
BEATRICE, Nebraska - More than 60 acres of restored tallgrass prairie has been burned to ensure the native cover continues to thrive at the Homestead National Monument of America in southeast Nebraska.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A central Indiana sheriff says investigators are continuing to work on what led up to a house fire this month that killed 3-year old twin brothers.
PHOENIX - A large three-story apartment complex in northwest Phoenix sustained significant damage from a Thursday night fire.
SELMA, Indiana - A 101-year-old woman suffered burns and possible smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in her home near Muncie.
QUINCY, Illinois - Authorities have identified the two people who died in a Quincy house fire as a 25-year-old man and his infant son.
ORLAND, California - Most of the 911 calls from witnesses to last week's fiery truck-bus collision that killed 10 were matter of fact. Then there was the one from a passenger: With shrieks in the background, the student struggled to recount how a truck came roaring toward them.
WEST, Texas - Rev. Terry McElrath heard the deafening boom. The pastor spun around and saw a column of smoke billowing into the sky above his small Texas town. He immediately thought, "Somebody has died tonight."
MONTEREY PARK, California - Only two of the 15 people injured in a crash involving two firetrucks remained hospitalized Thursday, and officials said one truck must have run a red light.
LAS VEGAS - A fire official says a woman was treated for smoke inhalation during a fire that badly damaged an upstairs apartment of a two-story building south of downtown Las Vegas.
OCONTO, Wisconsin - A fire at Oconto High School has caused an estimated $5 million in smoke damage to the school.
MUSCATINE, Iowa - Authorities say a 16-year-old boy is linked to a house fire earlier this month in Muscatine.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A special investigative team of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is looking into an explosion at a Tennessee ammunition plant that killed one person and injured three others.
PORT JERVIS, New York - An Orange County man has been found guilty of slashing his girlfriend's throat then setting a fire to cover up the killing.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man has been sentenced to four years in prison for burning a dog alive.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - No one was injured in a fire on the 57th floor of Atlantic City's Tropicana Casino and Resort.
SEABROOK, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Attorney General's office has identified a man whose body was found inside a burning mobile home in Seabrook last month.
LONGMONT, Colorado - Longmont police have arrested two young men on suspicion of setting railroad ties on fire near the city's wastewater treatment plant.