- 2 dead, 1 injured in Pasadena house fire Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
PASADENA, Texas - Officials say two people were killed and one injured in a Pasadena house fire.
- Boy killed in Kansas City area apartment fire Updated: Feb-07-16 3:18 pm
RAYTOWN, Missouri - An early morning fire in a Kansas City area apartment has killed a child and injured a woman and another child.
- Body found after firefighters extinguish fire Saturday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:49 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities are working to identify a body found inside a Council Bluffs home after firefighters extinguished a fire.
- Underground wire catches fire in Chattanooga Updated: Feb-07-16 2:45 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A Chattanooga Electric Power Board spokesman says an underground wire overheated and caused a fire that blew a manhole cover onto a street.
- 4 die in house fire in northeastern Oklahoma Updated: Feb-07-16 1:56 pm
KETCHUM, Oklahoma - Authorities say four members of one family have died in a fire at a home in northeastern Oklahoma.
- 2 treated for burns after fire destroys mobile home Updated: Feb-07-16 12:42 pm
OAKLAND, Maine - Officials in Maine say two people were treated for burns after fleeing a fire that engulfed their mobile home in Oakland.
- Woman found dead in burning northwestern Pennsylvania home Updated: Feb-07-16 10:08 am
EAST SMETHPORT, Pennsylvania - Authorities in northwestern Pennsylvania say a 69-year-old woman found dead in a burning house appears to have died from smoke inhalation.
- Man dead after Long Island residential fire Updated: Feb-07-16 10:01 am
SHIRLEY, New York - Authorities say a man has died in a Long Island residential fire.
- Man charged with murder, arson in parents' attack Updated: Feb-07-16 9:00 am
EVERETT, Washington - Court documents say a 29-year-old man accused of attacking his parents and setting their house near Snohomish on fire told a deputy he thought his parents were possessed by demons.
- Hut fire kills all 10 family member on Pakistani island Updated: Feb-07-16 6:31 am
ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani police official says fire has killed all 10 members of a fisherman's family on an island in southern Pakistan.
- Smoking materials likely cause of Flight 93 memorial fire Updated: Feb-06-16 7:04 pm
SHANKSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Discarded smoking material is strongly suspected as the cause of a 2014 fire that struck the Flight 93 National Memorial, according to a report released Saturday.
- 2 women killed in Nashville house fire Updated: Feb-06-16 6:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say two women were killed and a third person was injured in a house fire in Nashville.
- Crews help man escape burning house in Fargo Updated: Feb-06-16 4:24 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Fire officials say crews helped a resident escape through a basement window after a house caught fire in Fargo.
- 3 people dead after Toronto fire in seniors' building Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 pm
TORONTO - Police say three people are dead, and 15 others are hospitalized for various injuries following a fire at a seniors' building in Toronto.
- 3 former firefighters indicted on arson charges Updated: Feb-06-16 11:22 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Three of the six former Hancock County firefighters have been indicted by a grand jury on arson charges after a string of suspicious fires in 2014 and early 2015.
- Dayton visits small community where fire devastated downtown Updated: Feb-06-16 10:58 am
MADELIA, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton is meeting with business owners and city officials in Madelia, a small southern Minnesota town where fire destroyed a good portion of its commercial district earlier this week.
- 2 deadly fires strike homes within a few blocks in the Bronx Updated: Feb-06-16 10:13 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say two fires erupted barely three blocks away from each other in the Bronx, and two people have died and four others have been injured.
- Coroner rules 3 fire deaths in 2015 blaze accidental Updated: Feb-06-16 10:11 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A coroner has ruled the deaths of three people in a central Pennsylvania house fire more than a year ago accidental although police say they are still investigating the blaze.
- Woman dies following home fire in Adams County Updated: Feb-05-16 10:11 pm
DENVER - Investigators say it appears that a 55-year-old woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a fire at a home in Adams County.
- Jury finds Mandan man guilty on manslaughter, arson charges Updated: Feb-05-16 7:55 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - A Mandan man accused of killing a friend and setting a mobile home on fire to cover up the crime has been convicted on a lesser charge.
- Jury convicts Herreid woman of setting fire to own bar Updated: Feb-05-16 6:33 pm
HERREID, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman accused of setting fire to her own bar to get insurance money has been convicted of arson.
- Boy, 12, dies after returning to burning home to find father Updated: Feb-05-16 3:25 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Relatives say a 12-year-old boy died when he returned to a burning suburban Philadelphia house to search for his father who just had hip surgery.
- Driver killed after car strikes pillar, catches fire Updated: Feb-05-16 1:37 pm
OSKALOOSA, Iowa - A vehicle struck a bridge pillar in southeast Iowa and caught fire, killing the driver.
- China probe says stored chemical caused Tianjin blasts Updated: Feb-05-16 11:27 am
BEIJING - Deadly warehouse blasts that killed 165 people in a Chinese port city in August were triggered when a chemical stored in an unlicensed facility became too dry and caught fire, investigators announced Friday.
- Sheriff's sergeant hurt when burning tire on truck explodes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a sheriff's sergeant was injured when a burning tire on truck exploded in southern Michigan.