- Wind, dry conditions fuel New Jersey fires Updated: Apr-25-14 1:16 am
- Police make arrest in Tucson church fire Updated: Apr-24-14 9:16 pm
- Hospitalized baby's mom arrested in arson probe Updated: Apr-24-14 8:38 pm
- Woman dead, firefighter injured in Ohio house fire Updated: Apr-24-14 7:33 pm
- Gas supplies interrupted by Wyoming plant blast Updated: Apr-24-14 5:53 pm
- Fire near Milwaukee airport brought under control Updated: Apr-24-14 4:20 pm
- Police: Smoking in bathroom caused school fire Updated: Apr-24-14 3:23 pm
- Lawsuit claims negligence by utility in wildfire Updated: Apr-24-14 2:37 pm
- Management, safety cited for radiation release Updated: Apr-24-14 2:04 pm
- Cause of death unknown for man found dead in Mesa Updated: Apr-24-14 1:37 pm
- Volunteer fire dept. says farewell to old truck Updated: Apr-24-14 1:16 pm
- UW 30 reopened in Lincoln County Updated: Apr-24-14 1:13 pm
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker Updated: Apr-24-14 12:43 pm
- 1 found dead after apartment fire near Purdue Updated: Apr-24-14 12:25 pm
- Fire officials: Man dies in Germantown blaze Updated: Apr-24-14 12:19 pm
- Fire closes Carlstadt Post Office Updated: Apr-24-14 9:31 am
- Crews battle woodlands fire in south NJ Updated: Apr-24-14 9:25 am
- Officials say boy's remains likely incinerated Updated: Apr-24-14 9:24 am
- Canada honors American soldier for crash heroics Updated: Apr-24-14 8:53 am
- Fayette man sentenced for throwing cats into fire Updated: Apr-24-14 8:34 am
- Company won't be cited for W.Va. pipeline blast Updated: Apr-24-14 8:17 am
- Man charged in Lee County slaying Updated: Apr-24-14 7:41 am
- Recycling plant fire burns nearly 7 tons of trash Updated: Apr-24-14 7:20 am
- Fire damages Bedford sawmill, no injuries Updated: Apr-24-14 7:19 am
- Woman charged with arson in Mason City blaze Updated: Apr-24-14 7:08 am
High winds and dry conditions on Thursday provided fuel for several New Jersey forest fires, including one that forced the evacuation of more than 600 homes and the early closing of a school.
TUCSON, Arizona - A woman is facing charges of arson and felony criminal damage following a fire at a Tucson church.
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County, Washington, sheriff's spokesman says a woman whose house burned down a day before her hospitalized infant daughter died has been arrested for investigation of arson.
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio - A fire official says a woman was found dead and a firefighter was injured in a house fire in southwestern Ohio.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - It remains to be seen just how much of a lasting natural gas-price spike people in the West will feel after a dramatic explosion and fire at a major gas processing plant in western Wyoming.
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee firefighters have taken control of a three-alarm fire at an auto-salvage yard about two miles from the city airport.
OCONTO, Wisconsin - Police say a student smoking in a bathroom caused a fire that resulted in an estimated $5 million in smoke damage at Oconto High School.
LOS ANGELES - Victims of a wildfire that burned 24 homes have sued the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, claiming the utility started the huge blaze and failed to properly maintain power lines and equipment.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A radiation release from the federal government's underground nuclear waste dump in southeastern New Mexico was the result of a slow erosion of the safety culture at the 15-year-old site, which was evident in the bungled response to the emergency, federal investigators said in a report released Thursday.
MESA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to determine the cause of death of a man whose body was found in an apartment that was on fire.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Ron Blake turned the ignition, and the 62-year-old fire truck roared to life.
OPAL, Wyoming - Authorities have reopened a 45-mile stretch of U.S. 30 in Lincoln County.
WATKINSVILLE, Georgia - A fire has destroyed the northeast Georgia home of former state Rep. Bob Smith.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Authorities say one person was found dead after a fire that badly burned an apartment building where many Purdue University students live near the campus.
GERMANTOWN, Maryland - Montgomery County officials say a 65-year-old man has died in a fire at a Germantown home.
CARLSTADT, New Jersey - Officials have closed the Carlstadt Post Office following an early-morning fire.
DOWNE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - State Forest Fire Service crews are working to contain a forest fire in the Bevans Wildlife Management Area in southern New Jersey.
SEVIERVILLE, Tennessee - Officials haven't found the remains of a 5-year-old Indiana boy who is presumed dead following a fire at a rental cabin in East Tennessee and say it's likely they were completely incinerated.
FORT DRUM, New York - A soldier stationed at Fort Drum in northern New York is being honored by the Canadian government for rescuing more than two dozen passengers from a burning charter bus after it was rear-ended on an upstate highway in 2011.
FAYETTEVILLE, West Virginia - A Fayette County man convicted of throwing a box containing cats into a fire will spend at least three years in prison.
MOUNDSVILLE, West Virginia - Williams Energy won't be cited by state environmental regulators for a natural gas pipeline explosion in Marshall County.
BEATTYVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say an eastern Kentucky man has been charged with killing a woman found in a burned out residence.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Firefighters spent hours trying to contain a blaze at a recycling facility in Kansas City, Kansas
BEDFORD, Virginia - Bedford County fire officials are investigating a fire at a sawmill that caused an estimated $75,000 in damage.
MASON CITY, Iowa - A 32-year-old Mason City woman is accused of setting a fire in an apartment building.