- NC State's Anya declares for NBA draft but not hiring agent Updated: Apr-27-16 12:31 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State junior BeeJay Anya has declared for the NBA draft but isn't hiring an agent.
- New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew announces his staff Updated: Apr-26-16 8:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew's staff will include Roger Powell Jr. as associate head coach and Jake Diebler and Casey Shaw as assistants.
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Updated: Apr-25-16 7:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana guard James Blackmon Jr. says he will enter the NBA draft but will not hire an agent.
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Updated: Apr-25-16 2:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa State recruit Emmanuel Malou has filed the paperwork necessary to enter the NBA draft but has not hired an agent, preserving his college eligibility.
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Updated: Apr-25-16 1:53 am
BERKELEY, California - California forward Ivan Rabb has decided to stay in school for his sophomore season rather than enter the NBA draft.
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- Column: NASCAR stumbles again, looks more and more clueless Updated: Apr-22-16 5:40 pm
So much for trying to be inclusive, NASCAR.
- UNC: Jackson, Meeks declare for NBA but not hiring agent Updated: Apr-22-16 4:43 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's Justin Jackson and Kennedy Meeks are declaring for the NBA draft but aren't hiring agents.
- Texas guard Isaiah Taylor skipping senior year for NBA Updated: Apr-21-16 5:13 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Point guard Isaiah Taylor has decided to skip his senior season at Texas and enter the NBA draft.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-21-16 4:41 pm
BERKELEY, California - California forward Jaylen Brown is leaving after one season and declaring for the NBA draft.
- Senate OKs plan for vote on gun laws despite opposition Updated: Apr-21-16 2:57 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved a resolution for a public vote to broaden gun rights despite opposition from the state's business community, including the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Updated: Apr-21-16 1:37 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska guard Andrew White is declaring for the NBA draft, but he's not hiring an agent so he can maintain his eligibility.
- Under Armour flying high with Curry sneakers Updated: Apr-21-16 11:53 am
BALTIMORE - Under Armour continues to reap the benefits of its relationship with NBA player Stephen Curry, with strong sales of his sneaker line giving a jolt to its first quarter. The chain's quarterly results beat Wall Street's view, and it raised its full-year revenue forecast.
- A tribute to New York City, Syracuse star Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-21-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - There wasn't much space left to stand in the park when we got there. We were lucky to be standing behind a group of kids we had by five, six inches each. Everyone was there for the same reason: to see Pearl. No last name needed. Pearl was coming to play in a summer league game, and that meant a big crowd and few seats - only hot cement.
- Former Syracuse star Pearl Washington dies at 52 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:22 am
SYRACUSE, New York - There was a gleam that shone through the sorrowful tears in Jim Boeheim's eyes as he recalled the first time he saw Pearl Washington play.
- NBA's Thunder among groups opposing 2 Oklahoma gun bills Updated: Apr-20-16 8:10 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Firearms bills to allow most Oklahoma adults to openly carry guns without any training or background checks have led to a showdown in Oklahoma between supporters of expanded gun rights and the state's business community, including the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Updated: Apr-20-16 4:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin forward Nigel Hayes is submitting his name for the NBA draft but will not sign with an agent.
- Town official nets free farm in land scheme; pleads guilty Updated: Apr-19-16 6:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A longtime municipal official in southern New Jersey has admitted using his official positions to profit on a proposed land deal that authorities say essentially netted him a free farm.
- Phoenix mayor wants shared arena for Suns, Coyotes Updated: Apr-19-16 5:47 pm
- Blakeney to return for LSU's 2017 season Updated: Apr-19-16 5:25 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU guard Antonio Blakeney is returning for his sophomore season.
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Updated: Apr-18-16 4:03 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Freshman guard Malachi Richardson of the Syracuse Orange is entering his name into the NBA draft but will not sign with an agent.
- Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones entering NBA Draft Updated: Apr-14-16 7:31 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones is bypassing his final year of eligibility to enter the NBA Draft.
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Updated: Apr-14-16 1:42 am
MILWAUKEE - Police say a woman was hurt when she tried to slide down a hand rail and fell about 20 feet to the floor at the Milwaukee Bucks' arena.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-13-16 4:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak believes Jakob Poeltl is the perfect example of why many college players should buck the one-and-done trend and return for their sophomore seasons.
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Updated: Apr-12-16 2:51 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana forward Troy Williams is declaring for the NBA draft, though he is not hiring an agent and could return for his final season with the Hoosiers.