- Sacramento mayor to lead national mayoral group Updated: Apr-16-14 9:07 pm
- ASU's Carson declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-16-14 4:34 pm
- UCLA's Anderson and LaVine declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-16-14 1:16 pm
- Michigan State's Dawson decides to stay in school Updated: Apr-15-14 7:36 pm
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft Updated: Apr-15-14 6:33 pm
- Michigan losing Stauskas and Robinson to NBA Updated: Apr-15-14 5:48 pm
- NBA D-League team relocating to Grand Rapids Updated: Apr-15-14 5:02 pm
- Syracuse's Jerami Grant entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-15-14 9:23 am
- Michigan State's Gary Harris entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-14-14 6:03 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- New Mexico center Alex Kirk declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-11-14 7:33 pm
- Tennessee's Jarnell Stokes to enter NBA draft Updated: Apr-11-14 6:33 pm
- UMass basketball player announces he's gay Updated: Apr-10-14 1:47 am
- Michigan players weighing options again Updated: Apr-09-14 6:49 pm
- Adrian Peterson: College athletes should be paid Updated: Apr-09-14 6:49 pm
- Jayhawks center Embiid declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-09-14 4:21 pm
- College athletes union could put billions at stake Updated: Apr-09-14 4:14 pm
- NC State's TJ Warren to enter NBA draft Updated: Apr-08-14 1:32 pm
- OSU guard Marcus Smart declares for NBA Draft Updated: Apr-07-14 9:30 pm
- Auburn hires Chuck Person as assistant coach Updated: Apr-07-14 4:00 pm
- Mourning, Richardson, Williams make Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-07-14 2:38 pm
- TD Garden in Boston to get $70M makeover Updated: Apr-07-14 12:21 pm
- NBA D-League playoffs set after opponent selection Updated: Apr-06-14 7:05 pm
- NC State's Lewis transferring to Butler Updated: Apr-04-14 8:02 pm
- UNLV forward Roscoe Smith entering NBA draft Updated: Apr-04-14 6:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson was sworn in Wednesday as the new leader of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, a platform that raises the national political profile of the NBA All-Star.
TEMPE, Arizona - Jahii Carson has made it official: He's headed to the NBA.
Michigan State forward Branden Dawson is staying for his senior season.
Aaron Gordon's decision was expected. Part of a heralded class of freshmen last season, anything but one and done would have been a surprise.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III are skipping their last two seasons at Michigan to enter the NBA draft and chase a dream they've had since they were kids.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The NBA Development League's Springfield Armor is relocating from Springfield, Massachusetts, to Grand Rapids in western Michigan.
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse sophomore forward Jerami Grant is entering the NBA draft, becoming the second Orange starter in less than three weeks to announce he's going pro.
Gary Harris is going pro, thanks in part to coach Tom Izzo's recommendation.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's 7-foot center Alex Kirk has decided to forgo his senior season and declare for the NBA draft.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Jarnell Stokes is bypassing his senior season at Tennessee to enter the NBA draft.
Derrick Gordon had kept his secret for too long.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - John Beilein has become increasingly familiar with the process of helping players decide whether to leave school early for the NBA, so the Michigan coach is always prepared for questions that come his way this time of year.
MINNEAPOLIS - Former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson advocated for college athletes on Wednesday, saying they deserved to be paid for the millions of dollars they bring to school coffers and took aim at NBA commissioner Adam Silver's stated desire to require college players to spend two years in school before declaring for the draft.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas freshman Joel Embiid is entering the NBA draft after a breakthrough season that ended with a stress fracture in his back that kept the 7-footer out of the NCAA tournament.
In a story April 6, The Associated Press quoted Marc Edelman, an associate professor who specializes in sports and antitrust law at City University of New York, saying that Alabama's athletic revenues last year, which totaled $143 million, exceeded those of all 30 NHL teams and 25 of the 30 NBA teams. The story should have made clear that Edelman's report was based on Forbes' valuation of NBA teams during the 2011-12 season. The NBA said that revenues for 13 of its teams exceeded $143 million during the 2012-13 season last year.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State sophomore T.J. Warren is taking his high-scoring game to the NBA.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart has declared for the NBA draft.
AUBURN, Alabama - Former Auburn All-American and NBA player Chuck Person is returning to the school as an assistant coach.
DALLAS - Alonzo Mourning went to Georgetown to play basketball, not discover the world.
NEW YORK - Top-seeded Fort Wayne has selected No. 8 seed Reno as its first-round opponent in the NBA Development League playoffs.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State sophomore point guard Tyler Lewis said Friday he's transferring to Butler.
LAS VEGAS - UNLV forward Roscoe Smith, the Mountain West Conference's leading rebounder last season, will forgo his senior season to enter the NBA draft.