- Seattle arena investor says no hockey-first plan yet Updated: May-26-15 6:01 pm
SEATTLE - Throughout the process, Seattle arena investor Chris Hansen has remained open to the idea of a hockey team being the first tenant for a proposed facility in the city's stadium district even if his focus is on basketball.
- Celtics owner Pagliuca takes over Boston's 2024 Olympic bid Updated: May-21-15 10:30 pm
BOSTON - The group leading the bid to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston shook up its management Thursday, making Boston Celtics co-owner Steve Pagliuca the new chairman in an attempt to revive the city's chances of hosting the Summer Games.
- Iowa State fans nervous about losing Hoiberg Updated: May-20-15 5:50 pm
HUMBOLDT, Iowa - Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg is more than just a successful coach in the eyes of Cyclones fans.
- 5 Wyoming men's basketball seniors receive diplomas Updated: May-20-15 3:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's senior class proved historic in March.
- Paolo Maldini and others launching Miami FC club in NASL Updated: May-20-15 2:09 pm
Retired AC Milan standout Paolo Maldini and TV rights entrepreneur Riccardo Silva are launching the Miami Football Club in the North American Soccer League.
- Judge opts to close trial involving Saints, Pelicans owner Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge has decided to bar the public from a trial in which estranged heirs of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson intend to argue that their patriarch was mentally unfit when he ousted them from ownership stakes in the franchises.
- Calipari: 'Not interested' in vacant Pelicans coaching job Updated: May-19-15 2:06 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - John Calipari says he's not interested in the New Orleans Pelicans' coaching job and is happy at Kentucky.
- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Armed robbery of restaurant nets man 17-year sentence Updated: May-08-15 6:53 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - An Irvington man will spend at least 14 years in prison for an armed robbery at a restaurant in Hillside.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- 'Holdout' now almost unknown for NFL rookies Updated: May-08-15 4:38 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - As the days ticked down toward the first rookie minicamp for the Minnesota Vikings, executive vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski worked feverishly with one goal in mind.
- Syracuse stars Coleman, Devendorf and Jones to get degrees Updated: May-08-15 3:32 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - When former Syracuse star Derrick Coleman became the top pick in the NBA draft a quarter of a century ago, he didn't have enough credits to earn his degree.
- Larry Nance Invited to NBA Draft Combine Updated: May-07-15 3:37 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Larry Nance Jr. has received an invitation to participate in the NBA's Draft Combine in Chicago next week.
- The Latest: Mayweather-Pacquiao close going into late rounds Updated: May-03-15 12:42 am
LAS VEGAS - 9:38 p.m. (12:38 a.m.) Round 10
- Chicago breeder says masked men stole pit bulls at gunpoint Updated: May-02-15 12:41 pm
CHICAGO - A Chicago dog breeder says several masked men have stolen three of his pit bulls at gunpoint.
- Mayor expresses support for sports arena in Seattle suburb Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - The mayor of the Seattle suburb of Tukwila has sent letters to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressing his support for a proposed new multipurpose arena that could house franchises for both leagues.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - Unburdened by the catastrophes of past Game 7s littering the Washington Capitals' playoff history, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov delivered a breathtaking, series-clinching goal that got Alex Ovechkin's seal of approval.