- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Fans to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins Updated: Sep-01-15 7:28 am
CATASAUQUA, Pennsylvania - Fans will get their chance to remember former NBA great Darryl Dawkins.
- Benson adds $522M to Saints-Pelicans ownership swap Updated: Aug-30-15 7:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of New Orleans' national football and basketball teams has added $522 million in promissory notes to his former heirs' trust funds to try to get back the trusts' nonvoting shares in the Saints and Pelicans.
- Pro teams push California to offer high-stakes raffles Updated: Aug-29-15 2:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The pitch is for charity, but the call could favor California's professional sports teams.
- Philadelphia 76ers owner donates $3.5M to local nonprofit Updated: Aug-27-15 2:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The owner of the Philadelphia 76ers has pledged a $3.5 million donation to the Philadelphia Police Athletic League - the largest amount ever recorded by the nonprofit youth group.
- Former Kentucky standout Lou Tsioropoulos dies at 84 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Cleveland State to play some games in Cavaliers' arena Updated: Aug-26-15 12:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland State has partnered with Quicken Loans Arena and will have its basketball teams play some home games on the Cavaliers' court next season.
- Indiana University extends apparel contract with Adidas Updated: Aug-18-15 3:06 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University signed an apparel contract extension with Adidas on Monday in a new deal worth $53.6 million over the next eight years, according to Athletic Director Fred Glass.
- Brewers minor leaguer says he's gay; MLB lauds his courage Updated: Aug-16-15 10:58 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - It had been a long day and night for David Denson, in so many ways.
- Welter, Thomas give preseason game a female flair Updated: Aug-15-15 10:18 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Jen Welter walked from the sideline and shook hands with the line judge for the night's game between the Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs.
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine Updated: Aug-11-15 9:35 am
NEW YORK - Under Armour signed a multiyear deal Monday to sponsor the NBA's draft combine.
- Billionaire sues TMZ, friend over loss of Clippers team Updated: Aug-10-15 10:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Billionaire Donald Sterling sued celebrity website TMZ and an ex-girlfriend over the recording of his off-color remarks that cost him ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Louisville begins 9-game tour vs. Puerto Rico national teams Updated: Aug-10-15 2:14 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rick Pitino's loyalty and attention will be divided this week.
- USA Basketball expects 34 at men's minicamp Updated: Aug-06-15 3:53 pm
LeBron James, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony are among 34 players expected next week at the U.S. men's Basketball minicamp, indicating their possible interest in chasing a third Olympic gold medal.
- Sacramento residents drop Kings arena lawsuit against city Updated: Aug-06-15 1:22 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Three Sacramento residents who sued the city alleging Sacramento gave the Kings an illegal "secret subsidy" have agreed to dismiss their lawsuit, enabling the city to secure financing for the downtown project.
- Donald Sterling seeks divorce from estranged wife Updated: Aug-05-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 60 years on Wednesday as he continues to battle her over ownership of the team.