- Milwaukee Bucks president urges public dollars for new arena Updated: Jul-06-15 6:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Milwaukee Bucks President Peter Feigin urged Wisconsin lawmakers on Monday to pass legislation that would put taxpayers on the hook for half the cost of a new $500 million arena, saying the project would be an economic boon and keep the team in the state.
- NBA player returns to Ames for holiday parade Updated: Jul-03-15 7:56 am
AMES, Iowa - An Ames native and member of the NBA champion Golden State Warriors is serving as grand marshal for his hometown's Fourth of July parade.
- Senate leader promises vote on Bucks arena plan next week Updated: Jul-01-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate's Republican leader says he plans to vote on a bill to fund a new Milwaukee Bucks arena next week.
- Bill would create special license plates for Trail Blazers Updated: Jun-30-15 10:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Portland Trail Blazers fans may soon be able to display their love for the team on their license plates.
- Prevailing wage, Bucks arena won't be in budget Updated: Jun-30-15 8:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Details of an agreement on major budget issues reached by Republicans on Tuesday:
- Bucks arena, prevailing wage may come in special session Updated: Jun-30-15 8:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature may vote on a financing deal for a Milwaukee Bucks arena and changes to the prevailing wage law in a special session.
- Boston 2024 Olympics organizers update $4.6B bid Updated: Jun-29-15 5:51 pm
BOSTON - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston released the most detailed look yet at its bid for the Summer Games on Monday, unveiling a $4.6 billion plan it says would create thousands of jobs and housing units, expand the city's tax base and leave behind a vastly-improved regional transit system - all with a $210 million surplus.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- Benson's daughter, grandchildren appeal competency ruling Updated: Jun-24-15 8:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The daughter and grandchildren of Tom Benson are appealing last week's ruling that found the Saints and Pelicans owner mentally competent to make his own business decisions.
- WNBA, Liberty agree to suspend Thomas' ownership application Updated: Jun-22-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - The WNBA and New York Liberty have agreed to suspend Isiah Thomas' ownership application indefinitely.
- Magic name new chief operating officer Updated: Jun-21-15 3:12 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic has named a new chief operating officer.
- Public hearing next month on Bucks arena financing plan Updated: Jun-19-15 6:49 am
MILWAUKEE - A public hearing will be held next month on a plan for the city of Milwaukee to spend $47 million as part of the $250 million public financing package for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena.
- TD Garden would host Olympic basketball finals, gymnastics Updated: Jun-18-15 8:25 pm
BOSTON - Boston's TD Garden has been named as the preferred venue for Olympic and Paralympic basketball finals and Olympic gymnastics and trampoline if Boston is named the host city for the 2024 Summer Games.
- Warriors victory rally and parade to be held in Oakland Updated: Jun-17-15 11:39 am
OAKLAND, California - The Warriors and the city of Oakland are gearing up for a victory rally and parade.
- Warriors president named grand marshal of gay pride parade Updated: Jun-15-15 9:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Golden State Warriors President Rick Welts still will have a reason to celebrate if his team doesn't win the NBA championship: he's been named as the celebrity grand marshal of San Francisco's gay pride parade. ,
- Promoting PGA, rested McIlroy readies for US Open Updated: Jun-12-15 4:19 pm
KOHLER, Wisconsin - Rory McIlroy needed a break after missing the cut two straight weeks.
- Obama stays neutral in NBA, roots for NHL's Blackhawks Updated: Jun-12-15 12:07 am
WASHINGTON - The avid sports fan who occupies the Oval Office is refusing to take sides as the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors battle for the NBA championship.
- NBA star Anthony brings new pro soccer team to Puerto Rico Updated: Jun-11-15 7:37 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - NBA star Carmelo Anthony announced Thursday that he is bringing a professional soccer team to Puerto Rico for the first time in three years.
- Hearing packed for $1 land sale to Bucks' owners Updated: Jun-10-15 7:17 am
MILWAUKEE - Strong opinions were expressed at a public hearing over the Milwaukee County executive's plan to sell 10 acres adjacent to a proposed new Bucks' arena to the team's majority owners for $1.