- Winter storm pounds Mideast for second day Updated: Dec-12-13 9:24 am
- Heavy rain causes chaos in Rio; at least 2 dead Updated: Dec-11-13 10:07 pm
- Burst pipe causes flooding at WSU Updated: Dec-11-13 6:34 pm
- Alert canceled after Colo. ice dam flood subsides Updated: Dec-11-13 7:29 am
- Disaster aid teams assist Kenai homeowners Updated: Dec-10-13 7:04 pm
- Local leaders planning for climate effects Updated: Dec-10-13 5:39 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Burst sprinkler pipe floods Milwaukie school Updated: Dec-09-13 9:05 am
- Flood stage for Red River in Wahpeton increased Updated: Dec-07-13 4:20 pm
- Fargo can't use FEMA money for floodwall project Updated: Dec-07-13 4:20 pm
- Thousands in UK face another day of flooding Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- HUD will provide $63M for Colo. flood recovery Updated: Dec-05-13 2:49 pm
- Iowa board awards millions for flood protection Updated: Dec-05-13 1:46 pm
- Frigid temperatures break pipe in Montana Capitol Updated: Dec-05-13 12:31 pm
- Flood watch issued for much of W.Va. Updated: Dec-04-13 3:49 pm
- Water main break floods Pittsburgh shopping center Updated: Dec-02-13 9:51 am
- Project aims to improve storm predictions Updated: Nov-30-13 9:28 am
- Water main break in Kirkland, Wash. floods streets Updated: Nov-30-13 1:58 am
- Cuomo: Funding approved for NYC waterfront project Updated: Nov-29-13 4:59 pm
- Water main break causes flooding in Detroit Updated: Nov-29-13 10:20 am
- Demolition nearly finished at flooded Vt. office Updated: Nov-28-13 8:10 pm
- Registration for Kenai flooding relief delayed Updated: Nov-28-13 4:55 pm
- Austin-area flood damage estimate spikes sharply Updated: Nov-28-13 1:04 pm
- FEMA hotel aid to Colo. flooding victims extended Updated: Nov-27-13 9:13 pm
- Storm winding down in Pa. after causing problems Updated: Nov-27-13 3:40 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Syrians at a sprawling refugee camp in northern Jordan scrambled to batten down their tents against torrential rains and high winds as a blustery winter storm battered parts of the Middle East for a second day Thursday.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Torrential rains caused chaos and at least two deaths in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday. Traffic was snarled, airports temporarily closed and commuter trains halted after flood waters engulfed many parts of the city.
PULLMAN, Washington - A burst water pipe in the IT building on the Washington State University campus caused major disruptions of computer service.
GOLDEN, Colorado - Golden has lifted evacuations after a flood threat from a broken ice dam subsided.
SOLDOTNA, Alaska - Assistance is being offered for those wishing to fill out disaster assistance forms in Soldotna.
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate change, local officials have a message for Washington: Lead or get out of the way.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
MILWAUKIE, Oregon - Classes are canceled Monday at Oak Grove Elementary School in Milwaukie where a burst sprinkler pipe flooded eight classrooms.
FARGO, North Dakota - Officials say flood stage on the Red River in Wahpeton will be bumped up by 1 foot to reflect better permanent flood protection measures.
FARGO, North Dakota - Fargo won't be getting any help from the federal government on a proposed $53 million floodwall to help the city protect against chronic spring flooding that has resulted in millions of dollars in damage.
LONDON - Hundreds of people in Britain mopped up flooded homes on Friday after a powerful storm that scoured northern Europe with hurricane-force gusts kicked up the biggest tidal surge in 60 years, swamping stretches of shoreline.
LYONS, Colorado - The federal government will provide$62.8 million to help individuals and communities rebuilding from flooding in northeastern Colorado.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Dubuque has been awarded $98.5 million in state tax incentives for flood-prevention initiatives that will make it the largest infrastructure project in the city's history.
HELENA, Montana - Frigid temperatures are being blamed for a frozen pipe that burst and flooded parts of the Montana State Capitol building.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Heavy rains are bringing a flood threat to much of West Virginia.
PITTSBURGH - A water main break has flooded parts of a Pittsburgh shopping center, closing a supermarket and other businesses.
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Scientists at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science Horn Point Laboratory have a new project in the works that aims to better predict the intensity of storm surges on the Chesapeake Bay, Delaware Bay and the Atlantic Coast.
KIRKLAND, Washington - A fire official in the east Seattle suburb of Kirkland says a water main that broke Friday night sent thousands of gallons of water into city streets.
ALBANY, New York - The federal government has approved funding to start a $50 million flood-mitigation project along the Queens waterfront to better protect Howard Beach against rising sea levels and storm surges similar to those that caused extensive damage during Superstorm Sandy, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday.
DETROIT - A water main break in Detroit has caused the closure of a busy intersection on the city's west side.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Demolition at the flooded former state office complex in Waterbury is shifting into high gear with most interior work done and one building already gone as part of a $125 million project that will restore part of the office and construct a new building above the flood line.
KENAI, Alaska - A staffing shortage has prompted the state disaster office to push back the start date for October Kenai flooding victims to register for individual grant assistance.
AUSTIN, Texas - Travis County officials report that their updated estimate of damage from the Halloween flood is more than seven times its initial estimate.
LONGMONT, Colorado - The federal government is letting victims of Colorado's September floods stay at hotels and motels a little bit longer if they need to.
PHILADELPHIA - A sprawling storm that delayed or canceled holiday flights, snarled traffic in eastern Pennsylvania and brought heavy snow to parts of the state's western region is winding down.