- More rain increases flooding risk along Front Range Updated: May-05-15 6:56 pm
DENVER - A storm system bringing moderate to heavy rain to much of Colorado's Front Range is raising the risk of flash flooding.
- Storms in West Texas leave behind high water, close schools Updated: May-05-15 4:50 pm
TAHOKA, Texas - A West Texas school district has called off classes for the day after more than 9 inches of rain left behind flooded roads.
- More thunderstorms could sock eastern New Mexico Updated: May-05-15 10:25 am
PORTALES, New Mexico - Forecasters say New Mexico's eastern plains could get more severe thunderstorms with a potential for heavy rain, hail and damaging wind in a region where some communities already have experienced downpours.
- Huge waves in California lure bodysurfers, crowds to beaches Updated: May-04-15 8:27 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - Hundreds of spectators lined the beach and gasped, cheered and clapped on Monday as bodysurfers braved 15-foot waves at The Wedge, a Newport Beach break known for its powerful waves.
- Louisville homeowners forbidden from repairing flooded homes Updated: May-02-15 3:13 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gerald and Nancy Barton are in a fix. After an April 3 storm flooded their Louisville home, they had to tear out the floorboards and the bottom half of the wallboards. But they can't get the permits they need to repair the damage.
- Judge: US govt. liable for some Katrina flooding Updated: May-01-15 3:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge in Washington has ruled that federal authorities are liable for some of the catastrophic flooding that followed Hurricane Katrina and other storms - flooding blamed on a now-closed navigation channel.
- Lawmakers vet bill easing regulations for fire responders Updated: Apr-30-15 12:34 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers are reviewing a measure that would make it easier for out-of-state companies to respond to wildfires and other natural emergencies.
- Flood advisory lifted in interior Alaska community of Salcha Updated: Apr-30-15 12:10 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Tanana River ice jam that triggered a flood advisory for the interior Alaska community of Salcha has cleared.
- Owners of temporary homes in Minot face June 1 deadline Updated: Apr-30-15 9:16 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The owners of the last 10 temporary housing units on private lots in Minot face a June 1 deadline for removing them, as more signs of recovery spring up around the city ravaged by the Souris River four years ago.
- NWS: At least 8 tornadoes touched down in Texas Sunday Updated: Apr-27-15 9:26 pm
DALLAS - A band of tornadoes that swept across parts of rural Texas over the weekend flattened buildings, tore the roofs off other structures and forced people to rush for shelter, the National Weather Service said Monday.
- Showers, thunderstorms predicted across Oklahoma Updated: Apr-27-15 9:14 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for much of central and western Oklahoma.
- Tornadoes reported as severe storm tracks across North Texas Updated: Apr-27-15 2:01 am
DALLAS - A severe storm system that swept across northern Texas brought hail, high winds and numerous reports of tornadoes.
- Rutgers' spring QB competition ends where it started - close Updated: Apr-24-15 10:44 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - The spring game went pretty much like the rest of spring practice in Rutgers' quarterback competition.
- Ruling in lingering post-Katrina flooding suit expected soon Updated: Apr-22-15 6:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A decade-old lawsuit seeking damages from the U.S. government over flooding from Hurricane Katrina and other storms is moving closer to resolution, and a judge's latest filing indicates that at least some damages will be ordered.
- Wytheville man's body, truck found in creek following floods Updated: Apr-22-15 8:04 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Police say a Wytheville man died after his pickup truck apparently was swept away by floodwaters.
- Maine, New Hampshire flood watch still in effect Updated: Apr-22-15 4:04 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine and New Hampshire are entering into a third day of flood watches as rain and snow melting might cause rivers and streams to overflow.
- Pounding rain keeps Maine, New Hampshire under flood watch Updated: Apr-22-15 2:44 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Rain pounded Maine and New Hampshire on Tuesday and combined with melting snow to keep much of the two states under a flood watch as waves swept over some coastal streets.
- 16 dead, 5 trapped in flooded northern China coal mine Updated: Apr-21-15 8:59 pm
BEIJING - Chinese officials raised the death toll of a mine flood in northern China to 16, with five still trapped, state media reported late Tuesday.
- Storms packing hail, heavy rain flood roads in Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-21-15 9:58 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Powerful thunderstorms pelted central Pennsylvania with pea-sized hail Monday, turned roadways into rivers and sent residents fleeing to basements with menacing clouds, lightning and a tornado warning.
- Woodbridge, Manville get money for flood buyouts Updated: Apr-21-15 6:59 am
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - Two New Jersey towns will share $7.5 million in federal grants to fund the acquisition and demolition of homes in flood-prone areas.
- Fierce storm lashes southeast Australia; 3 feared dead Updated: Apr-21-15 12:49 am
SYDNEY - A fierce storm lashing Australia's southeast destroyed homes, left dozens stranded in swirling floodwaters and may have led to the deaths of three people, officials said Tuesday.
- San Francisco Bay Area researchers fear 'super storm' flood Updated: Apr-20-15 2:14 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Even as California struggles to cope with a long-running drought, scientists are worried that the San Francisco Bay Area is unprepared for an inevitable super storm that could drop 12 inches of rain in a week.
- Maine braces for possible flooding with heavy rains looming Updated: Apr-20-15 12:05 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The threat of several inches of rain is raising concerns about flooding across Maine.
- Flash flooding leads to road closures in southwest Virginia Updated: Apr-20-15 2:47 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Authorities say flash flooding has led to road closures in southwestern Virginia.
- Plan could keep most of Ohio city dry during next big flood Updated: Apr-19-15 4:04 am
FINDLAY, Ohio - A federal agency says a plan to reduce repeated flooding in the northwestern Ohio city of Findlay could lower the water in the downtown area by 2 feet during the most severe floods.