- Class action status OK'd in major post-Katrina flood case Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge who ruled last year that the federal government is responsible for some of the flooding that hit the New Orleans area after Hurricane Katrina and other storms granted class-action status in the case Wednesday, meaning numerous property owners - not just the handful in the original 2005 lawsuit - could be in line for compensation.
- Adrian Peterson donating $100K to flood relief in hometown Updated: May-04-16 6:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson grew up in Palestine, Texas, and has felt the support of its people as he rose to prominence in the NFL and when he endured the hardships that followed.
- NY man held accountable for diverting water into cemetery Updated: May-04-16 4:31 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says a judge has ordered a central New York man to serve 10 days in jail or work 20 hours in a soup kitchen for illegally flooding a cemetery, forcing families to rebury 18 dead relatives.
- Better public notifications planned since 2015 Texas floods Updated: May-04-16 1:27 pm
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Experts have called for better public emergency notifications since deadly storms and flooding last year in Central Texas.
- House passes SC farm aid bill setting up showdown with Haley Updated: May-04-16 12:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill to give $40 million to South Carolina farmers who lost much of their crops in last year's massive floods is on its way to a showdown with the governor.
- FEMA extends proof of loss form filing deadline Updated: May-04-16 7:39 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has granted a 60-day extension for filing proof of loss forms by National Flood Insurance Program policyholders affected by storms across the state in March.
- Group: Courthouse flooded by Katrina still houses evidence Updated: May-03-16 4:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More than 10 years after Hurricane Katrina flooded the New Orleans courthouse's ground floor and destroyed evidence in thousands of criminal cases, evidence is still being stored there - and a watchdog group said Tuesday that a less-vulnerable storage space is needed.
- More than 200 East Texas homes damaged, destroyed in storms Updated: May-03-16 2:34 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - More than 200 homes in East Texas were damaged or destroyed during last weekend's tornadoes and deadly flooding.
- Supervisors to consider airport repairs caused by flooding Updated: May-03-16 11:13 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Forrest County Board of Supervisors is considering how to help out with Hattiesburg airport repairs caused by flooding last month.
- Flooding predicted along Louisiana sections of Red River Updated: May-01-16 1:03 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The National Weather Service is warning of flooding along the Red River in northwest Louisiana.
- Watford City man wants city to help after basement flooded Updated: May-01-16 1:00 pm
WATFORD CITY, North Dakota - A Watford City man wants monetary help from the city after his basement flooded following a water main burst.
- Recreating hazardous journey to US rings true with actors Updated: May-01-16 10:39 am
LOS ANGELES - For Julian Sandoval, the play "Shelter" is more than just a story of children flooding into the U.S. by the tens of thousands from Latin America in search of safe sanctuary. It's personal.
- The Latest: 6th body found after flooding in Texas Updated: Apr-30-16 10:44 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - The Latest on Texas flooding (all times local):
- 6th body found after Texas flash floods Updated: Apr-30-16 9:57 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Lisa Asberry Davis said on Saturday that she and her three children waded to safety through water up to their chins after torrential rains in East Texas swamped a cul-de-sac of homes during the night and forced some residents onto rooftops.
- Minot wants to hire an engineering firm for levee work Updated: Apr-30-16 7:29 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot officials want to hire an engineering firm to help bring the city's flood levees up to federal standards.
- Flooding flushes oil, chemicals into Texas rivers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:57 pm
EL PASO, Texas - Recent floods across Texas have inundated oil wells and fracking sites, flushing crude oil and toxic fracking chemicals into the state's rivers.
- Officials: Collapsed Kenyan building had no occupancy permit Updated: Apr-30-16 3:34 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A building that collapsed amid heavy rains in Nairobi, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 134, did not have an occupancy permit, officials said Saturday as they ordered its owner to turn himself in.
- Flooding leaves behind sand, debris in Illinois county Updated: Apr-30-16 10:16 am
MILLER CITY, Illinois - Early-winter flooding that affected several Illinois counties has left behind a scarred landscape in Alexander County in southern Illinois.
- Argentina floods swamp soy crop; some must commute by boat Updated: Apr-29-16 7:20 pm
VILLA PARANACITO, Argentina - Water levels in the flooded town of Villa Paranacito have risen so much that the best way for residents to commute is by boat.
- Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gulf Coast Updated: Apr-28-16 3:18 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The mayor of Gulfport, Mississippi, has declared a state of emergency because of heavy rain and widespread flooding in the largest city on the state's Gulf Coast.
- Flood warnings issued for northwest Iowa rivers Updated: Apr-28-16 8:51 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Heavy rainfall over the past two days in northwest Iowa has swollen area rivers with storm runoff.
- Body of woman who backed car into Texas pond found Updated: Apr-27-16 1:14 pm
HOUSTON - Officials have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who they say was missing after reversing her vehicle into a Southeast Texas retention pond as she tried to turn around to avoid floodwaters.
- Group says Honolulu rail at risk of flood damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:43 am
HONOLULU - A group of residents is prepared to take Honolulu officials to court over the city's multibillion-dollar rail project because of concerns that the rail could be vulnerable to flood damage.
- Forecasters warn of Missouri flooding after spring storm Updated: Apr-27-16 8:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Several Missouri communities are experiencing minor to moderate flooding after a spring storm swept through the state.
- Flooding causes $4,000 in damage at Wahpeton High School Updated: Apr-27-16 7:03 am
WAHPETON, North Dakota - Flooding caused an estimated $4,000 in damage to Wahpeton High School.