- At least 24 killed, 300 rescued after trains derail in India Updated: Aug-05-15 12:56 am
NEW DELHI - Two passenger trains derailed over a bridge in central India while crossing a track that was flooded by heavy monsoon rains, killing at least 24 people, officials said Wednesday. More than 300 people have been rescued.
- American Red Cross helping flood victims Updated: Aug-04-15 11:16 am
TAMPA, Florida - The American Red Cross is assisting those affected by flooding in the Tampa Bay area.
- Flash floods kill 4, including 3 children, in Macedonia Updated: Aug-04-15 10:40 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Flash floods in Macedonia have killed at least four people, including three children, and injured a dozen others, and caused landslides, power outages and road damage in the northwest of the country, officials said Tuesday.
- DeSoto Co. leaders seek unified approach for flood control Updated: Aug-04-15 10:38 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County supervisors want the Corps of Engineers to coordinate a unified flood-prevention effort.
- Myanmar floods move downriver, risking more populated areas Updated: Aug-04-15 8:26 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Waters from badly flooded central and northern Myanmar were flowing down rivers to more populated areas, risking new devastation, relief officials warned Tuesday.
- 9 swept away by flash flood in China; 8 bodies recovered Updated: Aug-04-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - A flash flood has struck a scenic area outside the city of Xi'an in central China, sweeping away nine Chinese tourists, state media reported Tuesday. Eight bodies have been recovered.
- Body of missing Chinle woman swept away by floodwaters found Updated: Aug-03-15 6:26 pm
CHINLE, Arizona - Authorities in northeastern Arizona say they've recovered the body of a Chinle woman who was reported missing in the aftermath of a flash flood.
- Death toll from Pakistan flash floods rises to 118 Updated: Aug-03-15 12:56 pm
ISLAMABAD - The death toll from flash floods triggered by seasonal monsoon rains in various parts of Pakistan has risen to 118 and floodwater has inundated vast areas, leaving tens of thousands homeless, authorities said Monday.
- Image of Asia: Drinkable water for flood-hit Indian villages Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
In this photo by Bikas Das, relief workers carry plastic pouches of drinking water for distribution after flooding in Khudirabad village near Kolkata, in India's West Bengal state. Cooked food was also delivered to residents in affected areas. The Home Ministry says more than 100 people have died due to the heavy rains and flooding in the past week and tens of thousands of people have been forced to take shelter in state-run relief camps. The annual monsoon, which lasts from June through September, often brings flooding to India, and the situation in West Bengal was worsened by a recent cyclone.
- Flooded classrooms could delay school start in Arizona town Updated: Aug-03-15 9:31 am
TUCSON, Arizona - School officials in a town northeast of Tucson are deciding whether classes should be delayed until flood damage caused by recent rains can be repaired.
- Rains leave slick roads, cause flash flooding in Michigan Updated: Aug-03-15 6:02 am
DETROIT - Heavy rains as part of severe thunderstorms left roads slick and caused flash flooding in parts of Michigan.
- Purdue Extension experts to meet with distressed farmers Updated: Aug-03-15 4:04 am
HARTFORD CITY, Indiana - Purdue Extension experts will hold a program in east-central Indiana on Friday aimed at helping farmers to better understand issues resulting from flooded crops and ways to help them recover.
- Myanmar's president visits area worst-hit by flooding Updated: Aug-02-15 12:02 pm
KALAY, Myanmar - Myanmar's president on Sunday visited one of the worst-hit areas of the flood-stricken country, saying that water levels are slowly receding and that he hopes people can soon return to their homes.
- Storms bring rain, cooler temperatures to Las Vegas Updated: Aug-01-15 2:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - Rain and gusty winds have capped off one of the coolest months, by Las Vegas standards at least, in nearly 15 years.
- Kansas vying for $40M federal grant for Wildcat Creek Updated: Aug-01-15 12:53 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas has reached the final phase of a competition for a large federal grant that would be used to ease flooding concerns in the Manhattan area, according to the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Some Midwest farmers' crops falter in record rains Updated: Aug-01-15 11:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Weeks of record rainfalls drenched Don Lamb's cornfields this summer, drowning some plants and leaving others yellowed, 2 feet tall and capable of producing little, if any, grain.
- W.Va. awards $50,000 for repairs to flood-ravaged hospital Updated: Jul-31-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The state has awarded $50,000 to Webster County Memorial Hospital to help repair damage from severe flooding in July.
- Flood hits Columbus Regional Hospital emergency room Updated: Jul-30-15 11:51 am
COLUMBUS, Indiana - A south central Indiana hospital is diverting all ambulances except acute heart attack patients from its emergency room after a sprinkler head broke and caused a flood.
- Gulfport residents: Proposed development will cause flooding Updated: Jul-30-15 8:22 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Some North Gulfport residents are opposing a 355-acre industrial and commercial development along Turkey Creek that they fear will cause flooding where they live.
- Officials say no US help for central Vermont flooding damage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont emergency management officials say the damage from flooding in central Vermont earlier this month did not cause enough damage to qualify for federal disaster assistance.
- Federal disaster assistance denied for 19 Oklahoma counties Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin says the federal government has rejected the state's request for disaster assistance for 19 Oklahoma counties affected by severe weather, flooding and tornadoes in May and June.
- Bend to revisit compensation for broken water main damage Updated: Jul-29-15 2:52 pm
BEND, Oregon - The city of Bend will consider whether to pay more for the damage caused to residents' homes by flooding from a broken water main.
- 2 escape serious injury when SUV swept away in flooded wash Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A man and a woman escaped serious injury when their SUV got swept away by swift-flowing water in a wash on Tucson's south side, overturned and began filling with water before they got out.
- Body found in southeast Missouri flood waters identified Updated: Jul-29-15 9:07 am
CARUTHERSVILLE, Missouri - Authorities in Pemiscot County have identified the body of a woman found in flood waters.
- Flooding dampens summer recreation along Illinois River Updated: Jul-28-15 9:47 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Flooding along the Illinois River that has prompted National Weather Service warnings and closed the waterway to boaters for weeks this summer has dampened recreational activities.