- Authorities: Muskegon River continues its retreat Updated: Apr-18-14 7:01 pm
- Court order considered to remove flood debris Updated: Apr-18-14 9:55 am
- Snyder declares disasters in 2 Michigan counties Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Ala seeks federal aid after flooding Updated: Apr-17-14 2:22 pm
- President declares Montana disaster after flooding Updated: Apr-17-14 1:41 pm
- Neglected homes becoming an issue in Minot Updated: Apr-17-14 8:46 am
- Heavy rain floods northern New England, 1 dead Updated: Apr-17-14 12:44 am
- Cold slows floods, but some areas still underwater Updated: Apr-16-14 2:37 pm
- Partially decomposed body found in Vegas canal Updated: Apr-16-14 1:13 pm
- Flooding in northern NY closes some roads, bridges Updated: Apr-16-14 9:19 am
- Parts of recreational trail closed after storms Updated: Apr-16-14 8:54 am
- NH dealing with some flooding, overnight storm Updated: Apr-16-14 6:38 am
- SBA offers disaster help to Miss, La residents Updated: Apr-16-14 5:49 am
- La. Senate backs bill against levee board lawsuit Updated: Apr-15-14 9:22 pm
- Davenport expects minor Mississippi flooding Updated: Apr-15-14 4:46 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-15-14 2:44 pm
- Flood watch issued for Rhode Island Updated: Apr-15-14 9:23 am
- Strong storms, hail possible in northern Alabama Updated: Apr-14-14 5:43 pm
- 35 years after flood, river still menaces Jackson Updated: Apr-14-14 5:28 pm
- Evacuations at Croton Dam as Muskegon River floods Updated: Apr-14-14 1:50 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Apr-14-14 9:04 am
- Flood watches issued for southern Wisconsin Updated: Apr-13-14 11:49 am
- Sandy stormproofing ideas coming from residents Updated: Apr-13-14 8:50 am
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:44 pm
- Weekend rain could cause some Michigan flooding Updated: Apr-11-14 8:50 pm
EVART, Michigan - Authorities say they expect the Muskegon River's water levels to continue to drop.
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder County commissioners are taking steps to get court-ordered access to six private properties where flood debris in stream channels poses potential hazards of renewed flooding and damage during spring runoff and heavy thunderstorms.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster in two northern Michigan counties grappling with widespread flooding and wind damage.
CLANTON, Alabama - The state of Alabama is seeking federal aid following last week's flooding across central Alabama.
HELENA, Montana - The president has signed a disaster declaration for Montana over damage caused by widespread flooding and ice jams early last month.
MINOT, North Dakota - Residents of Minot who have rebuilt their homes after the devastating Souris River flood in 2011 are growing impatient with owners of homes that have been left neglected or abandoned.
PORTLAND, Maine - Heavy flooding throughout northern New England was blamed for at least one fatality as officials on Wednesday urged residents in all three states to avoid water-covered roadways and watch out for overflowing rivers.
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin says damage from recent flooding has been wide-ranging and warns that Lake Champlain is nearing flood stage.
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas police say they've found the body of a person who had apparently been stabbed and then left in a flood channel for two or three weeks.
CANTON, New York - A state of emergency has been declared in a northern New York county after rising floodwaters caused by melting snow and rain closed several roads and bridges.
BIG RAPIDS, Michigan - The state says parts of Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park in western Michigan are closed due to unsafe conditions following storms and flooding.
LEBANON, New Hampshire - Some roads in New Hampshire are flooded due to a combination of melting snow and rain, and an overnight storm that brought some light snow and ice has delayed some school openings.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southwest Mississippi residents and businesses affected by severe weather and flooding that occurred on March 28-29 can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Senate has agreed to void a lawsuit that a south Louisiana flood board filed against more than 90 oil and gas companies for coastal damage.
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Heavy weekend rains are expected to swell the Mississippi River in Davenport to just above flood stage, but no serious problems are expected.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The National Weather Service says there could be some flooding in Rhode Island as heavy rain sweeps into the region.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Heavy rain has led to flooding concerns in some areas with waterways that have been at or above flood stage since severe thunderstorms drenched most of Alabama last week.
FLOWOOD, Mississippi - Pearl River's waters flooded parts of Jackson and surrounding areas in 1979 in a deluge that paralyzed the city and led to the evacuation of 15,000 people.
CROTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Several Michigan rivers are over their banks after three days of storms dropped as much of 5.5 inches of rain, forcing some flood plain residents from their homes.
The Flint Journal. April 8.
MILWAUKEE - The National Weather Service is issuing flood watches for southern Wisconsin - a day after thunderstorms knocked out power to some areas and caused damage in Manitowoc County.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - While scientists, politicians and engineers ponder ways to better protect New Jersey from storms like Superstorm Sandy, some of the best ideas are coming from those who suffered the most.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Forecasters say weekend rain could cause some flooding problems in Michigan's Lower Peninsula in areas including along the Grand River.