- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster Updated: Jul-29-15 10:20 am
MEXICO CITY - In the end it wasn't the middling on-field performance by Mexico's national soccer team that cost Miguel Herrera his job as head coach of "El Tri."
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica Updated: Jul-27-15 1:14 am
PHILADELPHIA - Andres Guardado scored again, with no penalty kick needed this time, and his teammates finally managed some goals, too.
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - The banner moments of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup belong to Panama.
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis Updated: Jul-26-15 11:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. soccer team will play its first qualifier for the 2018 World Cup at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Nov. 13, and the playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup will be held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 9:09 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Backup goalkeeper Luis Mejia saved two penalties in the shootout as an inspired Panama team ended a trying week with a medal at the Gold Cup, beating the United States in the third-place game Saturday.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 8:32 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Music and shouts of celebration blasted from the Panama locker room next door as U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann tried to put another positive spin on another loss.
- After stunning Gold Cup loss, US looks for positive spin Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
ATLANTA - Jurgen Klinsmann strolled into the room in the basement of the Georgia Dome, not looking overly concerned about the biggest upset loss in U.S. men's soccer history.
- Panama federation calls Gold Cup refereeing 'insulting' Updated: Jul-23-15 2:41 pm
PANAMA CITY - The Panamanian Football Federation has demanded the removal of CONCACAF's referee selection panel after describing the officiating in the Gold Cup semifinal loss to Mexico as "insulting and embarrassing."
- US to play Brazil in exhibition at Foxborough on Sept 8 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:45 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. soccer team will play an exhibition against Brazil on Sept. 8 at Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- US ponders a shocking loss; Mexico advances with ugly win Updated: Jul-23-15 9:17 am
ATLANTA - After the feel-good summer of 2014, the United States was eager to pick up another Gold Cup title and lock up its spot in the next Confederations Cup.
- Guardado lifts Mexico past angry Panama, 2-1, in Gold Cup Updated: Jul-23-15 1:23 am
ATLANTA - A night of conflict and controversy ended with referees surrounded by security and another win by Mexico surrounded by suspicion.
- Jamaica stuns US 2-1 in Gold Cup semifinals Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 am
ATLANTA - The United States had everything on its side. History. A raucous home crowd. And, supposedly, the better team.
- Tim Howard ready to return to the US national team Updated: Jul-22-15 3:09 pm
LONDON - Goalkeeper Tim Howard is ready to make himself available for the United States national team again after taking a break since the 2014 World Cup.
- Jamaica relishes underdog role against US in Gold Cup Updated: Jul-21-15 8:35 pm
ATLANTA - Forward Michael Seaton says Jamaica advanced to the CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinals for the first time in 17 years because the Reggae Boyz enjoyed surprising the doubters.
- Beasley back with US at 33, hoping for 5th Gold Cup title Updated: Jul-20-15 1:02 pm
BALTIMORE - DaMarcus Beasley was content with his December decision to retire from the U.S. national team.
- Mexico tops Costa Rica 1-0 in Gold Cup on late penalty Updated: Jul-20-15 12:06 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Mexico earned chance after chance to score against Costa Rica.
- Panama tops Trinidad and Tobago on penalty kicks at Gold Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 10:30 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - All four of Panama's CONCACAF Gold Cup matches have ended in 1-1 draws.
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis Updated: Jul-18-15 11:38 pm
BALTIMORE - Clint Dempsey walked away with the game ball for one of the few times in his career. With his first international hat trick, he boosted the United States to a 6-0 rout over Cuba on Saturday and into its eighth straight CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinal.
- Jamaica beats Haiti 1-0, will play US in Gold Cup semifinal Updated: Jul-18-15 11:32 pm
BALTIMORE - About a yard from the goal line and at the edge of the 6-yard box, Giles Barnes did not have much to shoot for.
- Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago draw in Gold Cup Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Two goals in stoppage time led to a 4-4 draw between Mexico and Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday night in their final group match at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Cuba advances with 1-0 Gold Cup win over Guatemala Updated: Jul-15-15 10:29 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Maikel Reyes missed Cuba's first CONCACAF Gold Cup pool play game due to visa problems. He made sure his country didn't miss reaching the quarterfinals, though.
- Costa Rica ties Canada 0-0 to advance to quarterfinals Updated: Jul-14-15 11:15 pm
TORONTO - Esteban made two saves and anchored a stingy defense as Costa Rica tied Canada 0-0 on a rainy Tuesday night to advance to the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Klinsmann shakes up US roster for Gold Cup knockout rounds Updated: Jul-14-15 7:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jurgen Klinsmann spouted optimism after the United States played Panama to a 1-1 draw to wrap up the group stage of the Gold Cup, reasoning that despite a trio of sluggish performances the Americans had still survived unbeaten.
- Haiti beats Honduras 1-0 in CONCACAF Gold Cup group match Updated: Jul-13-15 9:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Duckens Nazon scored the only goal and Haiti took a big step toward advancing from the group stage of the CONCACAF Gold Cup for the first time with a 1-0 victory over Honduras on Monday night.
- 2nd Cuban soccer player defects ahead of Gold Cup match Updated: Jul-12-15 8:14 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A second Cuban soccer player has defected while the team is in the United States for the CONCACAF Gold Cup.