- State delays change Medicaid coverage of back pain treatment Updated: Nov-25-15 2:42 pm
BEND, Oregon - The Oregon Health Authority is delaying the rollout of changes to the state's Medicaid program that would allow patients to seek alternatives to painkillers and surgery to cope with back pain.
- UnitedHealth cuts outlook, casts doubt on overhaul exchanges Updated: Nov-19-15 4:48 pm
The nation's largest health insurer is questioning its future in public insurance exchanges, the latest signal of major concerns about the online marketplaces that have helped the Affordable Care Act extend coverage to millions of people.
- Panel suggests expanding Medicaid to add dental coverage Updated: Nov-09-15 2:17 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire lawmakers should consider adding comprehensive dental benefits to the state's Medicaid program for adults, according to a bipartisan commission created last year to analyze barriers to oral health care.
- Virtual doctor visits offer convenience, lower costs Updated: Nov-04-15 9:33 am
WASHINGTON - When you're coming down with a cold, there are a few items you typically reach for to start feeling better: cough drops, herbal tea, maybe an over-the-counter medication.
- State officials say free or cheap insurance still on table Updated: Oct-31-15 1:20 pm
SEATTLE - As the nation enters the third year of coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law, officials in Washington state say there are still hundreds of thousands of people who could be getting free or low-cost insurance.
- Number of uninsured children in Virginia was 107,000 in 2014 Updated: Oct-30-15 3:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The number of uninsured children in Virginia was an estimated 107,000 in 2014.
- More dentists, patients turning to discount planes Updated: Oct-29-15 3:49 pm
BEND, Oregon - No matter how well people take care of their teeth, things start to fall apart in old age.