- French bill to expand spying powers is criticized Updated: Dec-10-13 10:14 am
- Ohio state school board member who lobbied resigns Updated: Dec-09-13 7:36 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- Proposed Okla. ethics rules changes raise concern Updated: Dec-03-13 6:56 pm
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl lobbyist facing conspiracy charge Updated: Dec-02-13 11:31 am
- Column: You ready for some lobbying, BCS-style? Updated: Dec-02-13 4:03 am
- New Mexico lawmakers commonly become lobbyists Updated: Nov-30-13 1:07 pm
- Hobby Lobby founder applauds Supreme Court review Updated: Nov-26-13 5:23 pm
- Lobbyist wants tight focus on coal terminal study Updated: Nov-22-13 2:19 pm
- Complaint against Colo. gun lobbyist unsolved Updated: Nov-19-13 9:46 pm
- Farm bill takes aim at state animal welfare laws Updated: Nov-19-13 11:47 am
- Bulk mixers of prescribed drugs get more scrutiny Updated: Nov-18-13 6:50 pm
- Complaint filed against NY Democratic Committee Updated: Nov-18-13 4:01 pm
- Lobbying heat up for Ga. port deepening Updated: Nov-16-13 12:37 pm
- New Pa. lobbyists have Corbett campaign links Updated: Nov-14-13 2:58 pm
- Former German arms-industry lobbyist convicted Updated: Nov-14-13 5:46 am
PARIS - The French government, which was among the most vocal critics of U.S. spying practices, is now coming under fire for trying to expand its own digital surveillance capabilities.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A member of Ohio's state school board resigned Monday after questions arose over his work as a lobbyist. He cited an ethics opinion suggesting the arrangement was illegal.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A plan to increase by 500 percent the amount in meals and other gifts that a lobbyist can give to a legislator each year is raising concerns from a public watchdog group and some state legislators over the growing influence of money in politics.
PHOENIX - A court hearing for an ex-Phoenix lobbyist whose former clients included the Fiesta Bowl has been delayed.
The just-ended rivalry week ranks among the best that college football has seen in forever.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Kent Cravens is among the more than two dozen former state legislators who have made the switch to lobbying.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The founder of Hobby Lobby says he is encouraged that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided to take up the company's lawsuit over the new health care law's provision on insurance for contraceptives.
SEATTLE - A former Washington state attorney general who is now lobbying for Montana and North Dakota has said an environmental review of a proposed coal terminal in Longview should not include possible climate change considerations.
DENVER - Colorado legislative leaders say there's not enough evidence to settle a complaint against a gun lobbyist accused of threatening a lawmaker to influence her vote.
WASHINGTON - The future of state laws that regulate everything from the size of a hen's cage to the safe consumption of Gulf oysters may be at stake as farm bill negotiators work to resolve a long-simmering fight between agriculture and animal welfare interests.
WASHINGTON - Congress took a half step Monday toward increasing federal oversight of so-called compounding pharmacies that custom mix medications in bulk, a year after a meningitis outbreak from contaminated steroid pain injections killed 64 people and sickened hundreds more.
ALBANY, New York - New York's ethics and lobbying board on Monday was urged to investigate whether the state Democratic Committee improperly aired TV ads urging voters to pressure lawmakers to vote for Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposals.
ATLANTA - Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed will travel with Vice President Joe Biden to the Panama Canal on Monday as Georgia officials seek federal money to deepen the Port of Savannah.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett's administration has hired new lobbyists in Washington, D.C., including a firm whose partnership includes former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge.
BERLIN - A former arms-industry lobbyist involved in a corruption scandal linked to former Germany Chancellor Helmut Kohl has been convicted of tax evasion and sentenced to six-and-a-half years in prison.