- California grooms utility giants to compete against Big Oil Updated: Oct-08-15 6:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California wants more drivers to dump the pump.
- Correction: Missouri Governor-Brunner story Updated: Oct-07-15 10:45 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - In a story Oct. 5 about John Brunner's entry into the 2016 race for Missouri governor, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Brunner so far had donated at least $87,600 to an exploratory committee. He had donated about $62,600, according to the latest campaign finance records available.
- State ethics commission says legislators can't lobby Updated: Oct-07-15 7:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Ethics Commission on Wednesday revised an earlier ruling and made it clear that legislators can't lobby other state officials on behalf of their employers. In another decision, commissioners took a dim view of public employees being paid by outside sources.
- Iran lobbied for Russian campaign in Syria , officials say Updated: Oct-07-15 2:58 pm
BAGHDAD - Iran played an integral role leading up to Russia's move to launch its air campaign in Syria and play a stronger role in Iraq, with one of Tehran's most powerful generals meeting for three hours with President Vladimir Putin to push for intervention, Iraqi government officials tell The Associated Press.
- VW, with limited DC lobbying footprint, braces for Congress Updated: Oct-06-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - When Volkswagen's top American executive heads to Capitol Hill this week, he probably won't be able to count on longtime allies among the lawmakers investigating the company's emissions cheating scandal.
- Records show lobbyists have spent $500K on Kansas lawmakers Updated: Oct-05-15 11:32 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Lobbyists have spent more than $500,000 on meals and entertainment for Kansas lawmakers this year, according to state data.
- Lobbyist agrees to plead guilty in traffic-cameras scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 2:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio lobbyist has agreed to plead guilty to extortion in a scandal involving the bribery of Columbus public officials by a traffic-camera company trying to keep its contracts with the city.
- Attorney general explains plan to revise campaign laws Updated: Sep-21-15 12:50 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley has released an explanation for a ballot measure to create a publicly funded campaign finance program, require additional disclosure and limit lobbying by state officials after they leave government.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Stewart lobbying for Sept. 11 responders Updated: Sep-16-15 3:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Comedian Jon Stewart turned serious Wednesday as he lobbied members of Congress to permanently extend a law providing medical monitoring and treatment for Sept. 11 first responders.
- Second state regulator found to be lobbyist Updated: Sep-15-15 2:46 pm
PHOENIX - A second member of the Arizona Corporation Commission has been found to be registered as a telecommunications lobbyist while serving as a utility and telecommunications regulator.
- Statehouse sex scandals carry public costs, consequences Updated: Sep-15-15 1:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Michigan's statehouse has been roiled for the past month after an extramarital affair between two lawmakers became public, ultimately leading to both losing their seats.
- Bill would let officials solicit money for criminal defense Updated: Sep-14-15 6:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The head of the Alabama Ethics Commission on Monday sharply criticized a bill that would let public officials solicit money from lobbyists and others for criminal defense funds.