- Man killed, 2 arrested after shooting that wounded officer Updated: Aug-03-15 8:13 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Two men are facing drug and conspiracy charges following a fatal shooting that left an officer wounded and a suspect dead.
- Manhunt underway for suspect in officer's fatal shooting Updated: Aug-03-15 8:10 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A manhunt was underway Monday for a man who police say fatally shot a Memphis officer after he interrupted a drug deal involving a small amount of marijuana that would have resulted in just a misdemeanor citation and a fine.
- 2 women dead from suspected drug overdoses at music fest Updated: Aug-03-15 3:23 am
POMONA, California - Two women died from suspected drug overdoses at a popular weekend music festival, prompting calls for an investigation and concern over the use of narcotics at youth-oriented events.
- New Orleans police looking for 2 in French Quarter stabbing Updated: Aug-02-15 7:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say a 20-year-old man was stabbed after rejecting an offer to sell him drugs in one of the city's top tourist areas.
- Man ordered detained until trial following casino drug bust Updated: Aug-02-15 9:53 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge in North Dakota says a man who law enforcement authorities arrested following a drug bust at a casino must remain in custody until he faces trial.
- Roswell police officer wounded during drug stakeout Updated: Aug-01-15 7:03 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A Roswell police officer is expected to recover after being shot by a drug suspect, who was subsequently killed by authorities.
- Chief insists officer fatally shot teen in self-defense Updated: Aug-01-15 4:22 pm
SENECA, South Carolina - A South Carolina police chief says he will not release the name of an officer who fatally shot a 19-year-old man in a Hardee's parking lot, insisting the officer acted in self-defense.
- Oregon man arrested for trafficking heroin from California Updated: Aug-01-15 3:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An Albany man has been arrested for allegedly trafficking heroin from Los Angeles to Oregon.
- 2 plead guilty in federal heroin distribution case Updated: Aug-01-15 4:07 am
NEW ORLEANS - Federal authorities say two men who pleaded guilty this week in New Orleans are the latest convicted in connection with a heroin distribution ring.
- Man accused of shooting family recently released from jail Updated: Jul-31-15 6:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - An 18-year-old man accused of shooting a family that stopped to help him on a Montana roadside was released from a Wyoming jail two weeks earlier while facing unrelated burglary and drug charges, a court official said Friday.
- Correction: Drug Indictments Story Updated: Jul-31-15 5:40 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - In a story and headline July 28 about federal indictments, The Associated Press erroneously reported that one defendant was accused of running a heroin distribution ring while he was in state prison. During the time covered by the indictment, the defendant was in the Sullivan County Jail, not state prison.
- Before rally starts, officers seize drugs, cash in Sturgis Updated: Jul-31-15 5:33 pm
STURGIS, South Dakota - The state Highway Patrol says so far this week there have been more than 40 drug arrests and almost $6,000 in cash seized in western South Dakota as attendees of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally continue to flood the region.
- Alleged leader of Israeli organized crime ring gets 32 years Updated: Jul-31-15 5:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man who prosecutors say was a leader of an Israeli organized crime ring that moved drugs and money across the globe was sentenced Friday to 32 years in prison.
- Baltimore killings soar to a level unseen in 43 years Updated: Jul-31-15 4:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore reached a grim milestone on Friday, three months after riots erupted in response to the death of Freddie Gray in police custody: With 45 homicides in July, the city has seen more bloodshed in a single month than it has in 43 years.
- Doctor denies charges in federal drug conspiracy case Updated: Jul-31-15 4:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A former Frederick physician has pleaded not guilty to federal narcotics and fraud charges.
- Lawsuit from prisoner who sought an abortion dismissed Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - A federal judge said he would dismiss a lawsuit filed by a pregnant prisoner who sought an abortion after the woman told him during a hearing Friday she had changed her mind and now wants to deliver the child, a reversal called "highly suspicious" by one of her lawyers.
- Glock with former governor's name recovered during drug raid Updated: Jul-31-15 3:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson police are trying to find the owner of a pistol that is engraved with the name of former Gov. Kirk Fordice and what appears to be the state seal of Mississippi.
- Police: Father and son arrested in separate drug raids Updated: Jul-31-15 7:08 am
CARTHAGE, Maine - A father and son from Maine have been arrested in separate drug raids.
- 11 people charged with being part of methamphetamine ring Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say 11 people have been charged with participating in a methamphetamine distribution ring.
- Accused leader of Va. heroin trafficking ring pleads guilty Updated: Jul-31-15 3:17 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Portsmouth man accused of leading a heroin trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to a distribution charge.
- Hawks F Mike Scott arrested on drug charges in NE Georgia Updated: Jul-30-15 10:46 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott has been arrested on drug charges.
- 45-year-old female inmate dies in Las Vegas hospital Updated: Jul-30-15 8:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - Prison officials say a 45-year-old female inmate convicted of attempted burglary and drug trafficking has died.
- Man confesses in fatal shooting of Vegas mother Updated: Jul-30-15 8:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - The 19-year-old man accused of fatally shooting a mother in a Las Vegas neighborhood said he mistook her for drug thugs who had threatened him and his family, according to a taped confession that defense attorneys want tossed out of the puzzling murder case initially thought to be a road-rage killing.
- 5 men arrested in $2 million methamphetamine ring bust Updated: Jul-30-15 6:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris says five men suspected of having connections to Mexico's notorious Sinaloa drug cartel have been arrested for allegedly trafficking 55 pounds of methamphetamine with a street value of $2 million.
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls Updated: Jul-30-15 5:15 pm
FORT LEE, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey motorist assumed his brother's identity to avoid $7,500 in unpaid tolls after he was stopped for not paying another toll on the George Washington Bridge.