- Taxiing jet told to return, doctor charged in drug operation Updated: Feb-09-16 4:25 am
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A Long Island doctor has been accused of illegally prescribing more than 350,000 oxycodone pills in a drug-dealing operation.
- Man pleads not guilty to 2nd degree murder in drug overdose Updated: Feb-09-16 4:16 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - A Bennington man was charged with murder after police allege he sold heroin to another man who died from an overdose.
- Officials: Man found dead with his daughter died of overdose Updated: Feb-09-16 4:12 am
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - Officials say a Pittsfield man who was found dead in his apartment with his 11-year-old daughter died of a drug overdose- but the cause of the girl's death remains unknown.
- Brother of Dublin crime boss killed in growing gangland feud Updated: Feb-09-16 3:59 am
DUBLIN - Irish police say a four-man gang has shot to death the brother of a Dublin crime kingpin as a feud between rival drug trafficking gangs deepens.
- Grandma gets probation after meth pipe found in backpack Updated: Feb-09-16 3:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah grandmother who pleaded guilty to child endangerment and drug charges after a teacher found a meth pipe in her 8-year-old granddaughter's backpack has been sentenced to three years of probation.
- Authorities plan to announce Tidewater heroin initiative Updated: Feb-09-16 1:16 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Law enforcement officials plan to announce an initiative to deal with the heroin problem in Virginia's Tidewater region.
- Doctor in Colorado painkiller case gets 6 months in prison Updated: Feb-08-16 8:56 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - One of two doctors accused of overprescribing painkillers at clinics in western Colorado has been sentenced to six months in federal prison followed by a year of supervised release, the first six months of which will be spent in home detention.
- Court to weigh cocaine cases, could alter sentencing in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 3:39 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Prosecutors across Ohio are concerned that a ruling under review by Ohio's top court could delay and shorten sentences for suspects caught with cocaine and force costly changes upon law enforcement.
- Pope's visit to violent Mexican city highlights broader ills Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 pm
ECATEPEC, Mexico - One evening in September 2014, Mariana Yanez left her home in this crime-plagued Mexico City suburb saying she was going to make some photocopies. Then she vanished.
- Postal inspectors intercept mailed drugs in Baraboo Updated: Feb-08-16 11:08 am
BARABOO, Wisconsin - Postal inspectors in Baraboo helped police bust three men accused of drug-related crimes.
- More than 1,000 marijuana plants inside Diamond Bar home Updated: Feb-08-16 10:30 am
DIAMOND BAR, California - Authorities responding to reports of a possible break-in at a Los Angeles County home extinguished a small fire and then discovered more than 1,000 marijuana plants growing inside.
- Correction officer accused of having sex with inmate Updated: Feb-08-16 7:00 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Rikers Island correction officer has been suspended after having sex with an inmate.
- Confronting the 'heroin tsunami' in Kootenai County, Idaho Updated: Feb-07-16 2:17 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - Crushing news came shortly after Cindy Schaffner heard sirens just a few blocks from her Post Falls home.
- Police: Man arrested on drug charges twice in 1 week Updated: Feb-07-16 12:46 pm
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Police say a Manchester man has been arrested for heroin possession just days after he was arrested on the same charges.
- Octogenarian to be sentenced in massive marijuana operation Updated: Feb-07-16 10:05 am
BOSTON - An 80-year-old man who pleaded guilty to running a massive marijuana-dealing operation faces sentencing in federal court.
- Idaho grand jury indicts Washington state man on drug charge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
JEROME, Idaho - A Washington state man who was arrested in Idaho on drug trafficking charges last year has been indicted on a federal drug charge.
- Marijuana meeting, scholarship bill things to know about Updated: Feb-06-16 4:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The board tasked with regulating Alaska's legal pot industry is set to meet as the date to begin accepting marijuana business applications nears. Also in the days ahead, lawmakers plan to discuss a bill that would require students who receive state-sponsored merit scholarships or financial aid grants to repay them if they don't complete their degrees or certification programs within six years. The chief justice of the Alaska Supreme Court also is set to deliver the annual State of the Judiciary address.
- Feds: Drug dealer used cake shop to launder money Updated: Feb-06-16 4:11 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A couple who co-owns a Virginia Beach bakery is facing federal money laundering and drug charges.
- Man dies in Houston police custody, held after disturbance Updated: Feb-06-16 12:38 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say a man held after a disturbance at a convenience store has died after becoming unresponsive while waiting to be booked on a drug charge.
- $3 million worth of meth seized in Hinds County traffic stop Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Hinds County Sheriff's Department says a traffic stop Wednesday resulted in one of the largest interdiction seizure of methamphetamine - reportedly valued at $3 million - in state history.
- New York nurse charged with smuggling razors, pot into jail Updated: Feb-06-16 11:33 am
NEW YORK - A nurse at a New York jail has been charged with smuggling razors and synthetic marijuana to inmates.
- Heroin trafficker in South Texas gets 32 years in prison Updated: Feb-06-16 10:02 am
LAREDO, Texas - A convicted drug trafficker from Laredo has been sentenced to 32 years in prison for helping smuggle heroin from Mexico into Texas.
- Ohio man sentenced to almost 12 years in heroin case in La. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says an Ohio man has been sentenced to 11 years and eight months in prison for heroin distribution.
- Chisago Lake man found guilty of murder for providing drugs Updated: Feb-05-16 8:20 pm
CENTER CITY, Minnesota - A Chisago County man was accused of giving cocaine to a woman who was missing for months has been found guilty of third-degree murder, but was acquitted of concealing her body.
- Doctor gets 30 to life after painkiller overdose deaths Updated: Feb-05-16 7:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles-area doctor convicted of second-degree murder for prescribing pain killers that killed three patients was sentenced Friday to 30 years to life in prison in a landmark case that many in the medical community believe will create a chilling effect among physicians across the country.