- Family of teen killed by police petitions state's high court Updated: Sep-02-15 1:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A local prosecutor should be removed from an investigation into the shooting of a South Carolina teen killed by a police officer during an apparent drug bust, the man's family has argued to the state's highest court.
- Trial over execution drug begins in Helena Updated: Sep-02-15 10:37 am
HELENA, Montana - A trial is set to get under way over whether a drug Montana uses to execute condemned prisoners could cause cruel and unusual punishment.
- Police: 10 pounds of meth found in couple's car near Lincoln Updated: Sep-02-15 7:29 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A California couple has been arrested after authorities found more than 10 pounds of methamphetamine in their vehicle during a traffic stop near Lincoln.
- Jury finds Binghamton man guilty in 2013 robbery, murder Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - A 42-year-old man has been convicted in the June 2013 robbery and murder of an alleged Binghamton drug dealer.
- Man who got life for marijuana charge goes free in Missouri Updated: Sep-01-15 7:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A man sentenced to life without parole on a marijuana-related charge was freed Tuesday from a Missouri prison after being behind bars for more than two decades - a period in which the nation's attitudes toward pot steadily softened.
- Police: 5 sickened by smoking synthetic marijuana Updated: Sep-01-15 6:24 pm
LANCASTER, Wisconsin - Lancaster police say five people were taken to a hospital after allegedly smoking synthetic marijuana.
- Pence announces task force on Indiana drug abuse problems Updated: Sep-01-15 4:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Months after outbreaks of HIV and hepatitis drew national attention to rampant intravenous drug abuse in some parts of Indiana, Gov. Mike Pence announced on Tuesday the creation of a task force that will explore the best way to fight addiction.
- US drug agents arrest dozens, seize 16 secret steroid labs Updated: Sep-01-15 4:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal drug agents arrested more than 90 people and seized 16 underground labs in a 20-state operation targeting illegal steroids.
- Forest Grove middle school teacher accused of prostitution Updated: Sep-01-15 12:03 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Forest Grove middle school teacher has been arrested on prostitution and methamphetamine possession allegations.
- 1 teen ruled 'adult' in homicide, other decision delayed Updated: Sep-01-15 9:53 am
BEDFORD, Pennsylvania - A judge says a 16-year-old charged in the drug-related killing of a western Pennsylvania woman should be tried as an adult, but delayed a decision on his 17-year-old co-defendant.
- Prescott man accused of assaulting a city police officer Updated: Sep-01-15 6:14 am
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Authorities say a Prescott man has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer.
- Springfield man pleads not guilty to drug possession charges Updated: Sep-01-15 5:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts man arrested with three others following a drug raid has pleaded not guilty to illegal possession charges.
- Judge denies release for ND man convicted in fentanyl case Updated: Sep-01-15 5:55 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A judge says a Grand Forks man who has pleaded guilty in a case involving numerous drug overdoses cannot spend time with his family before sentencing.
- Bar owner facing 20 years in cocaine, heroin conspiracy Updated: Sep-01-15 5:49 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport bar owner will be sentenced Nov. 3 for his role in a conspiracy to distribute China White heroin and cocaine out of the Ice Daiquiri Lounge.
- Campbell County school officials back anti-pot initiatives Updated: Aug-31-15 9:28 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Campbell County school officials are urging support for efforts to prevent marijuana use among youth.
- Mayor of small Oregon town arrested for meth possession Updated: Aug-31-15 9:22 pm
JEFFERSON, Oregon - The Marion County Sheriff's office says the 68-year-old mayor of the small town of Idanha has been arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
- Marijuana grow found in Routt National Forest, 2 arrested Updated: Aug-31-15 9:11 pm
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - Federal authorities say they arrested two people suspected of having a large marijuana growing operation in the Routt National Forest northeast of Steamboat Springs.
- Former agent pleads guilty in Silk Road drug site probe Updated: Aug-31-15 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A former Secret Service agent has pleaded guilty to charges related to the theft of electronic currency during a high-profile investigation into the online drug bazaar Silk Road.
- Alabama man charged for possessing candies laced with drugs Updated: Aug-31-15 4:59 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - An Alabama man is facing felony charges after police say they found candies laced with drugs inside his car.
- Man arrested in West Texas with 120 pounds of marijuana Updated: Aug-31-15 4:32 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - A man pulled over in West Texas for speeding was arrested after a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper found more than 120 pounds of marijuana in his vehicle.
- Jets' Richardson pleads not guilty to Missouri charges Updated: Aug-31-15 3:34 pm
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - Suspended New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson will be back in court in Missouri on Oct. 5 after pleading not guilty Monday to resisting arrest and traffic charges stemming from his arrest in July.
- 2 men sentenced for roles in multistate drug operation Updated: Aug-31-15 12:28 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Two men have been sentenced for their roles in a multistate drug trafficking operation.
- Roanoke residents voice complaints about criminal activity Updated: Aug-31-15 8:43 am
ROANOKE, Louisiana - A Roanoke couple wants something done about drug activities, thefts, speeding and other crimes occurring in their neighborhood.
- Lawrence drug sweeps take $1M in heroin off streets Updated: Aug-31-15 8:25 am
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - Police say series of drug sweeps in Lawrence and surrounding communities this summer has resulted in about 250 arrests and the seizure of more than $1 million worth of heroin and a dozen illegal firearms.
- Police: Long Branch sees largest drug bust in 20 years Updated: Aug-31-15 5:43 am
LONG BRANCH, New Jersey - Long Branch police seized thousands of bags of heroin in what they say was the Jersey shore town's largest drug bust in 20 years.