- Carson City man found with 50 pot plants in home Updated: Jul-04-15 5:07 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A man is facing charges after police found roughly 50 marijuana plants growing in his Carson City home.
- Man gets 10-year sentence for cocaine distribution scheme Updated: Jul-04-15 4:52 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New York man is headed to prison for his role in a scheme to transport more than 20 kilograms of cocaine from California to New Jersey.
- Police: Beltran Leyva cartel boss arrested in Mexico City Updated: Jul-04-15 12:05 am
MEXICO CITY - One of the leaders of the once-powerful Beltran Leyva drug cartel was arrested Friday in a trendy neighborhood in Mexico City, authorities said.
- Connecticut police find 'mobile meth lab,' make arrests Updated: Jul-03-15 7:11 pm
VERNON, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they arrested a North Carolina man and a teenage girl after discovering what appeared to be a "mobile meth lab."
- Police: 35 facing charges in crime ring involving 2 killings Updated: Jul-03-15 6:17 pm
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Authorities in Delaware say 35 people are facing charges in an organized crime enterprise that involves two killings, home invasions and distribution of heroin and cocaine.
- Police: 2 brothers caught with cocaine, pot in Woonsocket Updated: Jul-03-15 5:41 pm
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - Two brothers are facing multiple drug charges after Woonsocket police say they caught the men with 77 grams of cocaine, 19 grams of marijuana and nearly $12,000 in cash.
- Mexico set to free founder of Michoacan vigilante movement Updated: Jul-03-15 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities say they are near to freeing Jose Manuel Mireles, a founder of the self-defense movement that rose up to fight an entrenched drug cartel in the western state of Michoacan.
- Sheriff's office: Woman gave kids marijuana at party Updated: Jul-03-15 4:26 pm
LEXINGTON PARK, Maryland - Authorities in southern Maryland say a woman gave marijuana to children at a birthday party and tried to teach a 6-year-old how to smoke.
- Ex-drug lab chemist may have tainted thousands of cases Updated: Jul-03-15 11:55 am
BOSTON - A former chemist at a Massachusetts drug lab convicted of stealing drugs to feed her addictions may have tainted as many as 10,000 criminal prosecutions, not just a few dozen as first thought, according to newly released court documents.
- Hammond man pleads guilty to burglary in double-slaying case Updated: Jul-03-15 11:40 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - A Hammond man has pleaded guilty to a felony burglary charge stemming from the fatal shootings of two people slain inside a home that housed a marijuana-growing operation.
- More than 6,000 marijuana plants found in Plumas County Updated: Jul-03-15 10:47 am
RENO, Nevada - Plumas County officials have discovered more than 6,000 marijuana plants near Antelope Lake.
- Suspect dead, officer injured after undercover investigation Updated: Jul-03-15 10:13 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says a suspect was killed and an officer was injured during an investigation into street-level drug trafficking.
- Driver stopped under cellphone law arrested on drug charges Updated: Jul-03-15 9:46 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's new hands-free cellphone law has led to the arrest of a driver from Massachusetts on drug charges after a police officer stopped him about using the phone, then smelled marijuana.
- Dallas police see spike in killings in June Updated: Jul-03-15 7:53 am
DALLAS - Police say there were 20 killings in Dallas last month, representing a sharp spike following a general decline in homicides.
- Police: Man pulled over for cell phone use found with drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:25 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man initially pulled over for speaking on his cell phone while driving and failing to signal was carrying more than a pound of cocaine in his car.
- Vermont man gets 5 years for role in drug network Updated: Jul-03-15 7:17 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A Vermont man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for his role in a New York-to-Rutland drug network.
- Border officers stop $3.2 million worth of pot in Arizona Updated: Jul-03-15 6:14 am
NOGALES, Arizona - Authorities at a port of entry in Nogales, Arizona, have stopped a shipment of nearly 6,500 pounds of marijuana.
- Meth in toaster among many drug parcels sent to Hawaii Updated: Jul-02-15 10:23 pm
HONOLULU - Federal agents last month intercepted a package mailed to Hawaii from Southern California containing a toaster oven. Hidden inside the four-slice toaster, there appeared to be 6 pounds of crystal meth.
- Nearly 40 named in indictment involving drug trafficking Updated: Jul-02-15 9:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Murder plots, using children to transport drugs, storing cocaine at a Baton Rouge day care center - those are among the allegations in an indictment of 39 people in what federal prosecutors are calling a "violent drug trafficking" network out of East Baton Rouge and Ascension parishes.
- DA: 2 Queens women accused of growing marijuana Updated: Jul-02-15 7:52 pm
NEW YORK - Two women have been arrested after police say they found scores of marijuana plants in their Queens home.
- Police: Bomb found in car during Missouri traffic stop Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri man arrested after police said they found an improvised explosive device in his vehicle has previous convictions for drug possession and domestic assault.
- 'Cartel Land' shows good and bad of vigilantes in Mexico, US Updated: Jul-02-15 5:08 pm
MEXICO CITY - The documentary "Cartel Land" opens with chilling night scenes of large-scale methamphetamine cooking in rural Mexico. What viewers later learn is how such drug production became deeply intertwined with the vigilante movement that emerged in 2013 and 2014 to oust the region's main drug cartel.
- Man challenging murder conviction because judge used drugs Updated: Jul-02-15 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - A man convicted of third-degree murder in the 1977 slaying of his pregnant ex-girlfriend deserves a new trial because the judge in his case was using cocaine stolen from evidence stored in his chambers from other cases, a defense attorney said.
- School district sees drop in pot-related expulsions Updated: Jul-02-15 12:05 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - School officials in Grand Junction are crediting counseling and a campus security officer with decreasing expulsions for students caught with marijuana.
- 2 arrested, $3M worth of pot seized in City of Industry raid Updated: Jul-02-15 11:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities say two men were arrested and $3 million worth of marijuana was seized following a raid at a warehouse in the City of Industry.