- Montana man pleads guilty in North Dakota heroin case Updated: May-25-15 9:01 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Montana man has pleaded guilty to a federal drug charge in North Dakota.
- Vermont police say vehicle stop yields big heroin haul Updated: May-24-15 9:35 am
ROCKINGHAM, Vermont - Vermont state police say they seized nearly 1,000 bags of heroin after stopping a vehicle for speeding on Interstate 91.
- Police: DWI, drug arrests at NY electronic music festival Updated: May-24-15 8:46 am
BETHEL WOODS, New York - New York State Police are continuing to keep a close eye on an outdoor electronic music festival. They've now made several driving while intoxicated as well as drug arrests.
- Caddo panel urges lighter pot penalties Updated: May-24-15 7:34 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish commissioners have voted 8-3 for a resolution urging state lawmakers to lessen penalties for marijuana possession.
- Nigerian senator-elect wanted for US drug deal 'arrested' Updated: May-23-15 4:38 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian drug agents Saturday surrounded the house of a senator-elect wanted by the United States in a nearly 20-year-old heroin deal that was the alleged basis for the TV hit "Orange is the New Black."
- Monmouth officials say they bust heroin drug ring Updated: May-23-15 3:05 pm
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Monmouth County officials say they have broken up a heroin drug ring and arrested 14 people after an eight-month investigation in the Bayshore region.
- Police: Leader of west Baltimore gang arrested after raids Updated: May-23-15 1:55 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal authorities and police have raided two west Baltimore houses and arrested a man they say was the leader of a local gang.
- Butte man gets 15 years for striking, killing pedestrian Updated: May-23-15 1:10 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A Butte man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for negligent homicide.
- Missouri governor commute's man's sentence for pot offenses Updated: May-22-15 11:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man sentenced to life without parole for marijuana-related offenses is eligible for parole Friday after Gov. Jay Nixon commuted his sentence.
- Colombian paramilitary warlord wanted in US freed from jail Updated: May-22-15 8:44 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A prominent paramilitary warlord wanted in the U.S. on drug charges walked out of a Colombian jail Friday, becoming the first major paramilitary boss to earn freedom as part of a decade-old peace deal.
- Cartel surveillance cameras found in Mexican border city Updated: May-22-15 8:14 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - A drug cartel in the northern state of Tamaulipas used at least 39 surveillance cameras to monitor the comings and goings of authorities in the city of Reynosa across the border from Texas, Mexican officials said Friday.
- Authorities: 3 people arrested in Goodyear on drug charges Updated: May-22-15 7:32 pm
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Police say they've arrested three people on suspicion of drug charges after serving a search warrant at a Goodyear home.
- Husband, wife plead not guilty in Kentucky bourbon thefts Updated: May-22-15 6:37 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - When authorities found five bourbon barrels on the property of a distillery worker accused of leading a long-running whiskey theft ring in Kentucky, his wife and co-defendant was unaware the containers were on their property, her attorney said Friday.
- Son of ex-Honduran president faces US drug charges Updated: May-22-15 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - The son of former Honduran President Porfirio Lobo has been ordered held without bail on U.S. drug trafficking charges.
- Police: Woman smoked synthetic marijuana with child in car Updated: May-22-15 3:50 pm
PRINGLE, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania woman was high on synthetic marijuana with her child dazed and confused in the car.
- 2 ex-Wesleyan students face US charges over drug overdoses Updated: May-22-15 3:06 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Two former Wesleyan University students pleaded not guilty Friday to federal charges they distributed synthetic party drugs that resulted in on-campus overdoses and sent 11 people to hospitals.
- Details emerge in undercover Albuquerque officer shooting Updated: May-22-15 1:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque undercover officer was shot multiple times at point blank range by his supervisor in January, the officer's attorney says in a claim against the city.
- Police: Woman was using heroin while driving with child Updated: May-22-15 1:20 pm
ST. LOUIS - A woman appeared in court Friday on multiple charges after authorities allege she crashed into the median of an interstate highway in St. Louis with a syringe of heroin still in her arm and her 3-year-old child in the back seat.
- 10 get federal prison over El Paso methamphetamine ring Updated: May-22-15 9:12 am
EL PASO, Texas - Ten people have been sentenced to prison for their roles in a West Texas-based methamphetamine ring that sent drugs to California, Illinois and Georgia.
- Teacher accused of passing pot brownies to students Updated: May-22-15 7:59 am
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A former Archbishop Hannan High School teacher turned herself in after being accused of passing out brownies laced with marijuana to two girls.
- 2 members of NYC based heroin ring plead guilty Updated: May-22-15 7:47 am
NEW YORK - Two members of a New York City-based heroin distribution ring have pleaded guilty.
- Indiana doctor accused of trading prescription drugs for sex Updated: May-22-15 6:26 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - A central Indiana doctor is being accused of trading prescription drugs for sexual favors from patients.
- Sheriff: Ex-teacher gave marijuana brownies to students Updated: May-21-15 7:50 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A former teacher at a Catholic high school in suburban New Orleans has been charged with giving marijuana-laced brownies to two students.
- Son of former Honduras president arrested in Haiti Updated: May-21-15 7:44 pm
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras - The son of former President Porfirio Lobo was arrested in Haiti in an apparent anti-drug operation carried out by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Haitian authorities, the ex-president and the Honduran government confirmed Thursday.
- Arizona man pleads guilty to meth trafficking in New Mexico Updated: May-21-15 6:50 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Arizona man is facing a five-year sentence in federal prison after pleading guilty to distributing methamphetamine in New Mexico.