- 3 nations move against alleged big money launderer in Panama Updated: May-05-16 8:32 pm
PANAMA CITY - Authorities have arrested a prominent Panama businessman and dismantled an empire of banking, real estate and retail businesses that the U.S. says were part of a top worldwide money-laundering organization for drug traffickers.
- 4 men arrested in $60M money laundering scheme Updated: May-05-16 8:31 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Four men charged with running a scheme that laundered $60 million in Mexican drug money have been arrested in Southern California, federal authorities announced Thursday.
- Obama commutes sentences for 58 federal prisoners Updated: May-05-16 7:51 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade ago, a judge bemoaned that the life sentence she was about to impose on Charles C. Brown was overly harsh. This week, relief finally came to Brown, along with 57 other offenders.
- North Vegas man among 58 inmates to get presidential pardon Updated: May-05-16 7:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 55-year-old federal prison inmate from North Las Vegas is one of 58 people whose long sentences on drug-related offenses are being commuted by President Barack Obama.
- New Jersey man's life sentence commuted by Obama Updated: May-05-16 6:20 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man is one of 58 convicts to have his sentence commuted under an order issued by President Barack Obama.
- Man charged in cop chase was convicted in 1994 drug murder Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut say a North Carolina man charged with throwing almost a pound of cocaine out of a car during a chase on Interstate 95 was convicted in a 1994 drug murder.
- 5 from Tennessee, Kentucky have prison sentences commuted Updated: May-05-16 5:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Four people from Tennessee and one person from Kentucky are among the 58 prisoners included in the latest round of commutations by President Barack Obama.
- Iowa woman's prison sentence commuted by president Updated: May-05-16 5:37 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Des Moines woman, sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2007 for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine has had her sentence cut shorter by President Barack Obama.
- White House announces sentence commutation for Oklahoma man Updated: May-05-16 5:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Broken Bow man is among dozens of federal prisoners whose sentences have been commuted by the Obama administration.
- Police: More than 800 arrested, 130 guns seized in Memphis Updated: May-05-16 5:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police say more than 800 people have been arrested, more than 100 guns have been seized and large quantities of drugs have been recovered as part of an investigation targeting organized crime.
- Illinois man admits trafficking heroin from Mexico by bus Updated: May-05-16 4:53 pm
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man authorities say is linked to the Guerrero Unidos Mexican cartel has pleaded guilty to federal drug charges.
- Ex-university student sentenced in party drug overdoses case Updated: May-05-16 4:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former Wesleyan University student involved in a rash of campus overdoses tied to the party drug Molly has been sentenced to four months in prison.
- Venezuela politician accuses Wall Street Journal of libel Updated: May-05-16 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - A powerful Venezuelan legislator has sued Dow Jones & Co. and News Corp., saying he was libeled in a drug investigation article in The Wall Street Journal.
- Obama commutes Phoenix man's 20-year prison sentence Updated: May-05-16 4:41 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man is among dozens of federal convicts whose prison sentences are being commuted by the Obama administration.
- Ex-officer to trial for sexually assaulting drug informant Updated: May-05-16 9:37 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - A former Pennsylvania police officer who once headed a county drug task force must stand trial on charges he raped a drug informant as he threatened to file new charges against her.
- California man charged in Ohio with meth trafficking Updated: May-05-16 8:21 am
CLEVELAND - Federal authorities say a California man accused of bringing more than 10,000 doses of methamphetamine into the Cleveland area has been charged with trafficking in the drug.
- Springfield Latin Kings head admits to federal drug charge Updated: May-05-16 7:45 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The leader of the Latin Kings street gang's Springfield chapter has pleaded guilty to federal drug charges.
- Assault outside Williston business leads to drug arrests Updated: May-05-16 6:49 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - An alleged assault outside of a Williston business led to the arrest of five people on drug and other charges.
- 3 indicted on heroin charges Federal prosecutors say Updated: May-05-16 5:49 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Federal prosecutors say a grand jury has indicted three Pennsylvania men on separate heroin-related charges.
- Craig doctor acquitted on charge related to patient's death Updated: May-05-16 12:44 am
CRAIG, Colorado - A Craig doctor convicted of unlawfully prescribing controlled substances that led to the death of a patient has been acquitted of the most severe charge against him because of a missing word in a charging document.
- Ex-Michigan State player Appling faces weapons charges Updated: May-04-16 8:06 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Former Michigan State basketball player Keith Appling was charged Wednesday with carrying a concealed weapon and other crimes after being found in possession of guns and marijuana in suburban Detroit, according to authorities.
- Feds indict cop, alleged members of Gangster Disciples Updated: May-04-16 6:12 pm
ATLANTA - Among the four dozen alleged Gangster Disciples members charged in indictments unsealed Wednesday, one sticks out: An Atlanta-area police officer who prosecutors say claimed to be a hit man for the violent gang and tipped off other members about police activity.
- Delaware man pleads guilty to dealing heroin, meth Updated: May-04-16 4:24 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A man from Bear has pleaded guilty to obtaining heroin and meth from Mexico and selling the drugs in Delaware.
- Reports: Chemist who worked on drug cases was usually high Updated: May-04-16 3:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Investigators say a former chemist who tested drugs for Massachusetts police departments was high almost every day she went to work for eight years, potentially putting thousands of criminal convictions in jeopardy.
- The Latest: Alleged Gangster Disciples indicted in 2 states Updated: May-04-16 2:37 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on the indictment of alleged members of the Gangster Disciples gang (all times local):