- Authorities: Drug raid uncovers dog-fighting ring Updated: Apr-19-14 2:07 pm
- Proposed initiative seeks to ban all marijuana Updated: Apr-19-14 2:04 pm
- Heroin dealer gets 30 years after 3 customers die Updated: Apr-19-14 1:28 pm
- Judge orders separate trials for robbery suspects Updated: Apr-19-14 1:13 pm
- Star football player's arrest warrant quashed Updated: Apr-19-14 12:04 pm
- Man sentenced to 16 years in methamphetamine case Updated: Apr-19-14 5:34 am
- New Haven police unit searches for the missing Updated: Apr-19-14 1:05 am
- 2 Wash. men accused of hauling 45 pounds of pot Updated: Apr-18-14 11:49 pm
- Oklahoma man to be freed after 17 years in prison Updated: Apr-18-14 5:46 pm
- 3 men charged in money laundering scheme Updated: Apr-18-14 5:41 pm
- Bill would punish drug-using pregnant women Updated: Apr-18-14 4:55 pm
- Governor issues 63 pardons on Good Friday Updated: Apr-18-14 4:22 pm
- 61 arrested in West Tenn. gang sweep Updated: Apr-18-14 3:31 pm
- Kentucky officials look for local heroin solutions Updated: Apr-18-14 2:59 pm
- Carl Pelini says AD's agenda led to firing at FAU Updated: Apr-18-14 12:35 pm
- Correction: Heroin Deaths-Ohio story Updated: Apr-18-14 12:34 pm
- Springfield police say heroin dealer arrested Updated: Apr-18-14 12:16 pm
- Organic farmer can keep land after marijuana raid Updated: Apr-18-14 10:35 am
- 8 people arrested in drug sweep Updated: Apr-18-14 8:19 am
- 2 charged with selling heroin in seacoast area Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 am
- Man charged in North Dakota oil patch drug case Updated: Apr-18-14 6:07 am
- Man misses trial, convicted of drug distribution Updated: Apr-18-14 5:28 am
- 2 California men arrested in upstate NY for heroin Updated: Apr-18-14 3:05 am
- Va. man gets prison for heroin death Updated: Apr-18-14 2:34 am
- More than 65 arrested in Minnesota heroin sweep Updated: Apr-17-14 8:35 pm
PATERSON, New Jersey - A drug raid at a northern New Jersey home unexpectedly uncovered evidence of a large pit bull dog-fighting ring that apparently was being run out of the residence.
HELENA, Montana - A Billings car-dealership owner has proposed a ballot measure that would completely ban the use and possession of marijuana in Montana, even for medical uses.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A D.C. drug dealer has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after three of his customers in Fairfax County died.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A federal judge has ordered separate trials for three Iowans charged with robbing drug dealers.
GAINESVILLE, Florida - The Gainesville Police Department launched an internal investigation late Friday into the quashing of an arrest warrant for a former University of Florida football star and current NFL draft prospect.
FARGO, North Dakota - A man who pleaded guilty three days into his trial on a drug charge has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - When someone goes missing in the city, it sends the Missing Persons Unit into action.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Oregon State Police in southern Oregon have arrested two Washington state men accused of hauling about 45 pounds of marijuana and a small amount of hashish as they drove north on Interstate 5.
TULSA, Oklahoma - A judge on Friday ordered the release of a man who spent 17 years in federal prison for a drug manufacturing conviction, ruling that the investigation that led to his conviction was "unreliable."
PHOENIX - The owners of a luxury car dealership and a jewelry store have been charged with money laundering after authorities say the three men agreed to accept thousands of dollars in cash from undercover agents posing as drug dealers for vehicles and jewelry, while offering to hide the transactions from the federal government.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Opponents of a Tennessee bill that would punish pregnant women who abuse narcotics say it will have the unintended consequence of hurting the very people it's supposed to protect: the babies.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is keeping with his tradition of offering pardons to convicted offenders on Christian holidays, announcing on Good Friday that he issued 63 pardons.
JACKSON, Tennessee - Authorities in six West Tennessee counties are reporting the arrest of 61 people on various charges during a gang sweep.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - After a bill aimed at stemming Kentucky's growing heroin problem failed to pass during the state's legislative session, officials say local solutions to the statewide problem are limited but that they are pushing ahead
OMAHA, Nebraska - Carl Pelini said Friday during a radio interview that his firing at Florida Atlantic last year was unjustified and the result of a new athletic director who wanted to hire his own football coach.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a story April 17 about heroin overdose deaths in Ohio, The Associated Press erroneously reported the percentage increase in heroin overdose deaths from 2011 to 2012. It was 60 percent, not 37 percent. The story also erroneously reported the title for Orman Hall. He is director of the Governor's Cabinet Opiate Action Team, not the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man police say was selling 1,000 bags of heroin per week in his neighborhood has been arrested.
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio judge is allowing an organic farmer to keep his 5-acre property despite the discovery that he was growing hundreds of marijuana plants.
HARTFORD, Vermont - Police in the Vermont town of Hartford say eight people have been arrested on the sale and possession of narcotics.
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Police have arrested two people after a months-long investigation into the sale of heroin on New Hampshire's seacoast.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota man is accused in a drug conspiracy on the North Dakota oil patch.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Harrison County jury convicted Michael Leroy Knight on drug distribution charges even though he failed to return to his trial.
MIDDLETOWN, New York - State police have arrested two California men on drug charges after finding more than 26 pounds of heroin in the cab of their tractor-trailer truck.
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - A Harrisonburg man who sold a deadly dose of heroin has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 65 people suspected of selling heroin have been arrested and about 2.5 kilograms of the drug are off the streets as part of a coordinated crackdown to rid Minnesota of the substance that has caused an alarming increase in deaths in recent years, authorities said Thursday.