- Police: 2 men arrested for accepting package with marijuana Updated: May-06-15 5:41 am
ABITA SPRINGS, Louisiana - Two men have been accused of accepting a FedEx package stuffed with 60 pounds of marijuana in Abita Springs and taking it to Covington.
- EXCHANGE: Official gives homeless man job, second chance Updated: May-06-15 5:04 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - McLean County Board member Victoria Harris was looking for an opportunity to make a difference when she attended a recent McLean County Drug Court graduation.
- New Hampshire police, DEA collaborate in new drug initiative Updated: May-06-15 3:58 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Spurred by the recent rise in fatal drug overdoses in New Hampshire, regional law enforcement agencies are participating in a new initiative to gather more timely and accurate reports of overdoses that can be used to better track drug suppliers.
- Connecticut hedge fund leader receives 2 years in prison Updated: May-05-15 7:43 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A man who fought drug trafficking in the Caribbean as a U.S. Navy officer before beginning a finance career in Connecticut was sentenced Tuesday to two years and nine months in prison for misleading investors about accounts in the Cayman Islands.
- Convicted murderer charged with bringing drugs to Missoula Updated: May-05-15 7:20 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A convicted murderer from Seattle now faces charges of transporting a large quantity of methamphetamine to Missoula with plans to sell it.
- Prosecutor: Drug squad thought badge protected them from law Updated: May-05-15 5:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Citizens give police "a tremendous amount of power" and cannot let them use it to beat, rob and intimidate people - even if they are drug dealers, a federal prosecutor argued Tuesday as she wrapped up a sweeping drug squad corruption case.
- Report: Most Indiana homes not tested for meth contamination Updated: May-05-15 5:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Although Indiana has led the nation in meth busts for the past two years, the state's home inspectors don't routinely test for methamphetamine contamination, which can lead to a variety of health problems, according to a newspaper investigation.
- Calif. man pleads guilty to heroin trafficking in New Mexico Updated: May-05-15 5:00 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A California man is facing up to 20 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to heroin trafficking in New Mexico.
- Latest in police corruption case: Lawyer defends cops' work Updated: May-05-15 4:25 pm
- W.Va. company admits distributing unapproved products Updated: May-05-15 1:31 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - An Eastern Panhandle company faces a maximum $250,000 fine after admitting that it distributed medical products without federal approval.
- Las Vegas man sentenced for drugs found in car in Nebraska Updated: May-05-15 1:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Las Vegas man arrested while hauling drugs across Nebraska has been sentenced to federal prison.
- 'Walking Dead' actor accused of drunken driving, drug charge Updated: May-05-15 1:17 pm
ATLANTA - An actor who plays a priest on the AMC drama "The Walking Dead" is facing drunken driving and drug charges after police say he was clocked going 107 mph on a Georgia highway.
- Arkansas deputies arrest crawfish store owner in drug sting Updated: May-05-15 12:52 pm
HARRISBURG, Arkansas - Deputies have arrested the owner and employees of a northeast Arkansas crawfish store after they found methamphetamine and other illegal items during a raid.
- Law enforcement stance on pot starts to shift in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Marijuana enthusiasts and law enforcement don't agree on much. But there's one point both concede: Louisiana's marijuana laws are exceptionally strict.
- Law enforcement shifting stance on pot, even if only a bit Updated: May-05-15 10:55 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Law enforcement agencies are shifting their stance on Louisiana's strict marijuana laws, at least a bit.
- Drug case of man battling prosecutor is moved Updated: May-05-15 10:29 am
SOMERVILLE, New Jersey - The possible drug possession prosecution of a New Jersey man is being moved to another county because of a possible conflict of interest with prosecutors that the suspect may sue over a ruling over his parents' deaths.
- Afghan poppy farmers say new seeds will boost opium output Updated: May-05-15 7:11 am
ZHARI, Afghanistan - It's the cash crop of the Taliban and the scourge of Afghanistan - the country's intractable opium cultivation. This year, many Afghan poppy farmers are expecting a windfall as they get ready to harvest opium from a new variety of poppy seeds said to boost yield of the resin that produces heroin.
- Springfield man pleads guilty to drug charges Updated: May-05-15 5:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to federal heroin trafficking charges.
- WV woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking conspiracy Updated: May-05-15 5:58 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A 29-year-old Moundsville woman has been convicted in federal court of drug trafficking.
- Texan arrested in Mississippi admits having cocaine Updated: May-05-15 5:26 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 25-year-old Texas man found in Mississippi with two kilos of cocaine has pleaded guilty to interstate travel in aid of drug racketeering enterprises.
- Police: 3 killed Canadian tourist after Kentucky Derby Updated: May-04-15 6:11 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Canadian tourist in town for the Kentucky Derby was shot to death while fighting off three people who robbed him at random during a crime spree amid the festivities of the famed horse race, police said Monday.
- Closings set after ex-officer testifies in drug squad case Updated: May-04-15 5:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer took one for the team as he sparred with a federal prosecutor on the final day of testimony in a narcotics squad corruption trial.
- Former California police detective sentenced Updated: May-04-15 5:37 pm
FRESNO, California - A former Fresno police detective has been sentenced to two years in prison for accepting a bribe from a suspected drug trafficker.
- Illinois medical marijuana approved for PTSD, osteoarthritis Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' new medical marijuana program would cover thousands, perhaps millions, more patients under expansive recommendations that an advisory board agreed to Monday.
- Rocket-propelled grenade forced down Mexican helicopter Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A drug cartel that unleashed a wave of attacks in the western Mexican state of Jalisco used a rocket-propelled grenade to force down a military helicopter, a security official said Monday.