- Uruguay's legal pot plan on verge of adoption Updated: Dec-10-13 12:11 am
- Juneau police arrest 3 in shooting Updated: Dec-09-13 9:58 pm
- Man sentenced in plot to sell marijuana Updated: Dec-09-13 8:50 pm
- Police net 40 arrests, 8 pounds of meth in bust Updated: Dec-09-13 7:09 pm
- 12 arrested in Old Orchard Beach on drug charges Updated: Dec-09-13 6:21 pm
- Hood: Google still not effectively fighting crime Updated: Dec-09-13 4:22 pm
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case Updated: Dec-09-13 3:18 pm
- Ex-constable sues FBI for drug 'protection' arrest Updated: Dec-09-13 2:52 pm
- Uruguay to approve pot dealing, despite risks Updated: Dec-09-13 2:37 pm
- Former 'X Factor' judge Tulisa to be charged in UK Updated: Dec-09-13 12:13 pm
- DSP: NJ man arrested for having cocaine in car Updated: Dec-09-13 11:31 am
- Tennessee cities waging fight against meth Updated: Dec-09-13 10:53 am
- N.O. man sues city over false arrest Updated: Dec-08-13 5:31 pm
- Police: 4 charged after toddler found in squalor Updated: Dec-08-13 4:13 pm
- 2 Fla. men get prison in cargo ship cocaine ring Updated: Dec-08-13 11:11 am
- Police: Ariz. kindergarten teacher sold drugs Updated: Dec-07-13 6:31 pm
- Vt. man accused of smuggling drugs on infant Updated: Dec-07-13 6:26 pm
- Lyerla hopes to leave for Las Vegas Updated: Dec-07-13 4:53 pm
- DEA: NM smoke shop owner sold 'spice' Updated: Dec-07-13 2:17 pm
- High school assistant arrested on way to game Updated: Dec-07-13 2:17 pm
- Cases tossed because of tie to arrested Philly cop Updated: Dec-07-13 1:41 pm
- Traffic stops turn up 85 lbs of pot worth $225K Updated: Dec-07-13 12:44 pm
- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Police: Vt. woman tried to ingest heroin Updated: Dec-07-13 10:19 am
- Cobb neighborhood evacuated for drug investigation Updated: Dec-07-13 10:07 am
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's plan to set up a legal, regulated marijuana market has reached its final legislative stage, with the Senate expected to approve the plan by late Tuesday and send it to President Jose Mujica for his signature.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Juneau police have arrested three people in connection with a drug-related shooting that left one man wounded at an apartment complex parking lot.
GREENBELT, Maryland - A Silver Spring man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison in a plot to sell more than 1,500 pounds of marijuana in Montgomery County.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A sweeping crackdown on white supremacist gangs in eastern Multnomah County included more than 40 indictments for violent crimes and drug manufacturing.
OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine - Maine authorities have announced the arrests of 12 people after months of investigating illegal drug activity in Old Orchard Beach.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood is again asking Google to do more to prevent people from using the search engine to find illegal drugs and pirated videos, music and games.
TAMPA, Florida - A federal judge has delayed the sentencing of a Tampa man accused of tricking his pregnant ex-girlfriend into taking a pill that caused her to have a miscarriage.
PITTSBURGH - A former state constable acquitted of charges that he protected a Pittsburgh-area drug ring that included his childhood friend and two cousins has sued the FBI agent who led the investigation for allegedly misleading a grand jury and wrongfully arresting him.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay is pushing ahead to create a legal marijuana market despite warnings from educators, psychiatrists and pharmacists of dangerous side effects.
LONDON - British prosecutors say they are charging singer and former U.K. "X Factor" judge Tulisa Contostavlos for allegedly helping supply cocaine to an undercover journalist.
MIDDLETOWN, Delaware - The Delaware State Police says a New Jersey man has been arrested after troopers found a more than 250 grams of cocaine in his car.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Since a small Franklin County town passed an ordinance requiring a doctor's prescription to buy pseudoephedrine-based cold medicines, other Tennessee communities have taken the same action in hopes of cracking down on methamphetamine production.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans has settled with a man who sued over his arrest by two police officers who quit amid allegations they falsely arrested him on a drug charge in 2011.
ZACHERY, Louisiana - Authorities say four women have been charged with improper supervision of a minor after a 3-year-old girl was found living in Zachary in conditions so squalid that some police officers vomited.
MIAMI - Two South Florida men have been sentenced to federal prison time for their roles in a cocaine smuggling ring that used cargo shipping containers.
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Arizona - An Arizona elementary teacher is facing drug charges after Lake Havasu City police say she was selling prescription pills.
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a Bennington man is accused of smuggling drugs into the South Burlington prison on an infant who was visiting with a female inmate.
EUGENE, Oregon - Former University of Oregon football player Colt Lyerla wants a judge to let him move to Nevada to train for National Football League draft.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The owner and an employee of a New Mexico smoke shop are facing federal drug charges in connection with a raid of the shop over the synthetic drug "spice."
WINNSBORO, South Carolina - The defensive coordinator for the Fairfield Central High School football team has been arrested on his way to the school's state championship game.
PHILADELPHIA - Twelve drug cases involving a Philadelphia narcotics police officer who is facing federal corruption charges are being dismissed by the district attorney.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Deputies who stopped two vehicles traveling together in western Colorado say a search turned up about 85 pounds of marijuana with a street value of about $225,000.
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a South Burlington woman accused of shoplifting tried to swallow bags of heroin to avoid drug charges.
MABLETON, Georgia - Police temporarily evacuated a Cobb County neighborhood after smoke started pouring from a home, an incident that prompted a drug investigation.