- Man found dead was to be witness in court-martial case Updated: Nov-29-15 12:57 pm
PEMBROKE, Kentucky - A man found dead in his home as police investigated remains found in a burnt vehicle was scheduled to testify in an upcoming court-martial at Fort Campbell.
- Algerian military court convicts ex-counterespionage chief Updated: Nov-27-15 8:51 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - An Algerian military tribunal has convicted the nation's long-time counterespionage chief of breaching orders and destroying documents and sentenced him to five years in prison.
- State lawyers question school choice program's military perk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State Treasurer Dan Schwartz is getting pushback from state lawyers over a rule he proposed to help military families and kindergartners more easily access Nevada's new education savings accounts.
- UN human rights agency wants Thailand army jail closed Updated: Nov-24-15 9:01 am
BANGKOK - The U.N. human rights agency on Tuesday called on Thailand to immediately close a military detention center where two high-profile prisoners died in controversial circumstances over the past month.
- Thailand indicts 2 for deadly Bangkok bombing Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 am
BANGKOK - A Thai military court on Tuesday indicted two foreigners accused of carrying out a deadly bombing at a shrine in Bangkok but questions hang over the case because of the attackers' unclear motive and an opaque investigation.
- Marines: Sandy conditions a factor in deadly aircraft crash Updated: Nov-23-15 6:00 pm
HONOLULU - A hybrid aircraft that crashed in Hawaii this year, killing two Marines, flew in sandy or dusty conditions for an extended period before its engine stalled, the U.S. Marine Corps said Monday.
- US military probe concludes civilian deaths in Iraq strike Updated: Nov-20-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - A U.S. air attack on an Islamic State checkpoint in Iraq in March probably killed four civilians, possibly including a child, according to findings released Friday from a U.S. military investigation.
- Pennsylvania surplus store owner, nephew admit conspiracy Updated: Nov-20-15 2:50 pm
CALIFORNIA, Pennsylvania - The owner of a western Pennsylvania Army-Navy surplus store and his nephew have been ordered to forfeit $150,000.
- Thai army says it's not involved in park corruption case Updated: Nov-20-15 9:32 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's military said Friday that an internal investigation has cleared senior officers of corruption in connection with the financing of a public park on army property featuring spectacular giant statutes of kings.
- Oklahoma man gets 1-year prison sentence for bribery scheme Updated: Nov-19-15 10:44 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma man has been sentenced to one year and one day in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiring to bribe workers at military installations in Oklahoma and Texas.
- New attorney general program gives legal help for servicemen Updated: Nov-18-15 7:20 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - When service members are deployed into combat zones, they need to concentrate on the battles in front of them - not on a looming eviction or a pending child custody dispute back home, according to Brigadier Gen. William Burks.
- Opaque military justice system shields child sex abuse cases Updated: Nov-18-15 5:01 pm
WASHINGTON - More inmates are in U.S. military prisons for sex crimes against children than for any other offense, an Associated Press investigation has found, but an opaque justice system prevents the public from knowing the full scope of the crimes or how much time the prisoners spend behind bars.
- Prosecutor: Soldier accused of killing wife met lover online Updated: Nov-09-15 4:20 pm
HONOLULU - The Army medic in Honolulu accused of conspiring with his lover to kill his wife met the other woman online, a federal prosecutor said Monday.
- Key Branstad administration lawyer was overpaid, unqualified Updated: Nov-05-15 1:59 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A key lawyer in Gov. Terry Branstad's administration wasn't qualified for his position and was paid $22,600 that he shouldn't have received while on military leave, according to a report released Thursday.
- Court refuses to toss out evidence in child pornography conviction Updated: Nov-04-15 4:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court refused Wednesday to toss out evidence of child pornography used to convict a Washington state man, though it found the evidence was obtained through illegal government surveillance.
- Air Force cadet gets 3 years in prison for dealing drugs Updated: Nov-03-15 8:51 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - An Air Force Academy cadet has acknowledged dealing prescription and illegal drugs to fellow students and was sentenced to three years in a military prison.
- China to prosecute former head of Xinjiang border guards Updated: Nov-03-15 12:09 am
BEIJING - Prosecutors plan to bring charges of selling promotions against the former head of border guards in China's strategically key northwestern region of Xinjiang, the ruling Communist Party said Tuesday.
- RI law school to help veterans appeal disability denials Updated: Nov-02-15 3:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's only law school is joining forces with a Providence-based law firm to give free legal help to veterans who have been denied disability benefits and can't afford to appeal.
- AP Exclusive: Drug extradition may shed light on Venezuela Updated: Oct-31-15 10:47 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - Law enforcement officials say a border region butcher with a bad headlight might help shed light on the scope of Venezuelan military involvement in the cocaine trade.
- Judge hears testimony about female Guantanamo guards Updated: Oct-30-15 1:58 pm
FORT MEADE, Maryland - A military court order barring female soldiers from transporting certain Guantanamo Bay detainees to court dates and attorney meetings prompted discrimination complaints and a time-consuming reshuffle of job assignments, a guard supervisor testified Friday.