- Christmas trees to be donated at NY Army base Updated: Dec-09-13 3:05 am
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold Updated: Dec-08-13 11:49 pm
- Pot shops struggle to find child-resistant bags Updated: Dec-08-13 5:49 pm
- Alabama mail man uses boat on delivery route Updated: Dec-08-13 5:16 pm
- Feds OK wildlife plan for W.Va. wind farm Updated: Dec-08-13 4:58 pm
- Wisconsin Capitol gets Festivus pole for holidays Updated: Dec-08-13 4:52 pm
- Forest plan for motorized vehicle use faces suit Updated: Dec-08-13 3:25 pm
- Wichita falconer reunites with golden eagle Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- Maine seeks to revive sea urchin fishery Updated: Dec-08-13 11:32 am
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union targeting pot Updated: Dec-08-13 11:12 am
- Scientists test ideas in bird botulism outbreaks Updated: Dec-08-13 11:11 am
- Christmas tree growers hoping for good 2013 Updated: Dec-08-13 11:04 am
- Wis. board to get details on 2013 deer hunt Updated: Dec-08-13 7:05 am
- Snake in a truck? Pricey bill for man who lost pet Updated: Dec-08-13 6:56 am
- Disease kills hundreds of seabirds in Alaska Updated: Dec-07-13 8:29 pm
- Cold snap not enough to disrupt pine beetle threat Updated: Dec-07-13 6:20 pm
- Fort Wayne zoo's beloved pony takes final ride Updated: Dec-07-13 4:14 pm
- Gulfport asks MS congressmen for help Updated: Dec-07-13 2:14 pm
- Rare Malayan tiger at Fresno Zoo pregnant Updated: Dec-07-13 1:44 pm
- Wyo. Game & Fish store sells gift products Updated: Dec-07-13 11:24 am
- Small Wyoming ski areas looks for ways to survive Updated: Dec-07-13 11:08 am
- Conserving endangered pallid sturgeon Updated: Dec-07-13 11:06 am
- Lake Ontario waterbirds killed by toxin in food Updated: Dec-07-13 11:02 am
- 3- day deer hunt set for Presque Isle State Park Updated: Dec-07-13 10:20 am
- 'Landfill Dogs' project aims for homes for pets Updated: Dec-07-13 9:04 am
FORT DRUM, New York - Soldiers and their families at Fort Drum are getting a bit of holiday cheer.
NEW YORK - The High Line, a park that turned a dilapidated stretch of elevated railway on Manhattan's West Side into one of New York's newest tourist attractions, may have brought a different kind of visitor: a cockroach that can withstand harsh winter cold and never seen before in the U.S.
DENVER - Several owners of recreational marijuana businesses in Colorado say they are having a hard time finding vendors that make child-resistant packaging, which will be required when the stores open Jan. 1.
MAGNOLIA SPINGS, Alabama - U.S. Postal Service officials say a south Alabama postman is working the only water delivery mail route in the country.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal authorities have approved Beech Ridge Energy's plan to minimize the impact of its southern West Virginia wind farm on endangered bats and other wildlife.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Where do a 30-foot Christmas tree, a nativity-like scene that mocks religion and a Festivus pole peacefully coexist?
LEWISTON, Idaho - Three environmental groups are suing the U.S. Forest Service, contending a travel management plan for the Clearwater National Forest allows too much access for motorized vehicles and hurts wildlife habitat.
LYONS, Kansas - With wide, long wings, the golden eagle launched itself fast enough to leave Nate Mathews amid a backwash of stirred air.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers are examining ways to hasten the recovery of Maine's long-struggling sea urchin fishery.
PORTLAND, Maine - The mansion that serves as Maine headquarters of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union lay largely fallow until recently, with drug needles, liquor bottles and pornographic magazines littering the grounds. Now, in the state where Prohibition had its roots and in a city that just legalized recreational marijuana, the WCTU is overhauling the building and looking to reinvent itself.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - For more than a decade, people walking along Great Lakes beaches have come upon a heartrending sight: dozens, or even hundreds, of dead loons, gulls and other waterfowl - victims of food poisoning that paralyzed their muscles and eventually caused them to drown.
JACKSON, Mississippi - First Lady Deborah Bryant has chosen a 12-foot Leyland cypress donated by the Lazy Acres farm in Chunky for this year's Christmas tree at the Governor's Mansion. It is the tallest tree ever selected for the Mansion, and growers are hopeful that is a good omen that sales will be solid in 2013.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Department of Natural Resources is set to get more information on the 2013 gun deer hunt.
LEVITTOWN, Pennsylvania - Price of a baby boa constrictor: $300. Service bill for dismantling the dashboard of a 2005 Ford F-150 to retrieve a baby boa constrictor: About $1,300 before discount.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A disease has killed hundreds of seabirds on an island in the Bering Sea - the first documented outbreak in the state.
DENVER - Experts say Colorado's plunge into a deep freeze is too little and too late to disrupt the population of the destructive pine beetle.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - For years, thousands of children visiting from near and far took time out of their visit to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo for a ride on Cookie, a beloved pony.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The city of Gulfport is asking the Mississippi congressional delegation to press federal agencies to approve plans for repairs to piers and jetties damaged since Hurricane Isaac.
FRESNO, California - A rare Malayan tiger at the Fresno Zoo is expecting.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Game and Fish Department suggests that people still shopping for a gift for that hard-to-buy-for outdoor enthusiast give its store a look.
CASPER, Wyoming - Chris Smith has spent most of his life on small mountains.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - It's a sunny fall day for boating on the Missouri River and a great day for catching fish.
ALBANY, New York - New York conservation officials say large numbers of migrating waterbirds have been found dead on the Lake Ontario shore, victims of toxins in creatures they eat.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Hunters will have the extra opportunity to hunt deer at Presque Isle State Park.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina photographer hopes her pictures of shelter dogs at a former landfill will help find homes for them and raise awareness of the need for spaying and neutering.