- Missoula protects osprey nest from Canada goose Updated: Mar-08-14 2:27 pm
- Caricom leaders to debate marijuana legalization Updated: Mar-08-14 2:02 pm
- Tribes eye gill netting at Flathead Lake Updated: Mar-08-14 1:16 pm
- Biologist: Vermont bats begin white nose recovery Updated: Mar-08-14 8:55 am
- Anglers out for days could bring more black bass Updated: Mar-08-14 4:53 am
- Annual Ill. eagle count spots record bird numbers Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Woman attacked by thousands of bees in Southern CA Updated: Mar-07-14 11:15 pm
- Oregon Legislature approves budget, adjourns Updated: Mar-07-14 9:43 pm
- Yellowstone: Bison slaughters done for the season Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 pm
- Man says he killed cougar to protect father Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- Tucson bighorn deaths draws criticism of project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 pm
- Groups seek protection for rare beach flower Updated: Mar-07-14 7:32 pm
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California Updated: Mar-07-14 7:22 pm
- More drivers positive for pot in Washington Updated: Mar-07-14 6:41 pm
- Medford council moves swiftly to ban pot shops Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Washington issues 2 more pot-growing licenses Updated: Mar-07-14 5:55 pm
- GOP candidate Astorino tried marijuana in college Updated: Mar-07-14 5:50 pm
- Hawaiian monk seal gets eye removed in surgery Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 pm
- Committee approves marijuana decriminalization Updated: Mar-07-14 4:25 pm
- State redesigns road to save ancient oak trees Updated: Mar-07-14 4:17 pm
- Men plead guilty to luring, jumping on manatees Updated: Mar-07-14 3:53 pm
- Fond du Lac Band to spear walleyes in NE Minn. Updated: Mar-07-14 3:10 pm
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital Updated: Mar-07-14 2:01 pm
- Power production stopped at Rock Island Updated: Mar-07-14 1:13 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Workers in Missoula have made a high-profile osprey nest atop a pole next to a baseball park goose-proof in an effort to avoid the kind of drama that developed last spring.
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Researchers with a Caribbean trade bloc have found that decriminalizing marijuana and exploring its use for medicinal purposes could help boost the region's sluggish economy.
KALISPELL, Montana - The Confederated Salish-Kootenai Tribes want to remove about 30,000 non-native lake trout from Flathead Lake this year using gill netting.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A biologist who has studied the decline in Vermont's bat populations since white nose syndrome started killing tens of thousands almost a decade ago says he thinks the worst of the epidemic is over and at least one affected species is beginning to recover.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Anglers out on salt water for up to three days could bring home their total daily limit of black bass under a rule being considered by the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Audubon Society says volunteers counted a record number of American bald eagles during an annual midwinter survey.
PALM DESERT, California - A 71-year-old woman is believed to have suffered about 1,000 stings in Palm Desert after being attacked by a swarm of killer bees that covered her entire body.
SALEM, Oregon - The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park ended shipments of wild bison to slaughter for the winter on Friday after almost 600 were removed in an effort to shrink the number of animals that cross into Montana during their annual winter migration.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to killing a cougar in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in December said he was defending his father, but state wildlife officials said Friday the animal posed no threat and was poached, its heart cooked and some of it eaten by the men.
State wildlife officials addressed critics of its sheep-relocation project Friday, saying the effort could still prove successful despite the deaths of more than a dozen bighorns north of Tucson.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Conservation groups are seeking federal Endangered Species Act protection for a rare beach flower found in Oregon and California.
SAN DIEGO - A California state lawmaker wants to ban SeaWorld from using killer whales in its San Diego shows.
SEATTLE - More drivers tested positive for marijuana in Washington in 2013 - the first full year after the state legalized pot - but officials so far say there's been no obvious, corresponding jump in car accidents.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Moving even before the Legislature completed action, the Medford City Council has voted for a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state has issued two more legal marijuana licenses, bringing the total to three.
ALBANY, New York - Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino said Friday he smoked a couple of joints in college - but that was last time he used marijuana.
HONOLULU - Veterinarians have removed the infected eye of a young, underweight Hawaiian monk seal during surgery at the Honolulu Zoo.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee on Friday approved a measure relegating marijuana possession to a civil offense.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A highway bypass in Central Texas will be rerouted to save a stand of ancient oaks that were under threat of being cut down, according to state transportation officials.
ORLANDO, Florida - Two men have pleaded guilty to charges related to an online video that shows a man jumping on two manatees.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Fond du Lac Band of Chippewa plans to exercise its rights under an 1854 treaty to spear walleyes on several northeastern Minnesota lakes this spring.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - American media mogul Ted Turner has been hospitalized for an undisclosed ailment in Argentina's capital.
WENATCHEE, Washington - The big drawdown of the reservoir behind Wanapum Dam has stabilized a cracked spillway there, but it's coming at the cost of lost power generation.