- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- 5 mos. prison for Mich. man in Fla. wildlife case Updated: Apr-15-14 5:54 pm
- Scientists find new sponge species off La Jolla Updated: Apr-15-14 3:46 pm
- University of Tulsa researchers find new species Updated: Apr-15-14 1:50 pm
- DEEP warns about moose near I-84 in Southington Updated: Apr-15-14 1:22 pm
- 1 plans to plead guilty in Ala. dog fighting case Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Pet boom in Mexico amid rising middle class Updated: Apr-15-14 12:27 pm
- Prosecutor: Photos essential in SC dog attack case Updated: Apr-15-14 12:13 pm
- Houston hoarding proposal 8 years late for one man Updated: Apr-15-14 12:02 pm
- West Alabama drug task force seizes $500,000 Updated: Apr-15-14 11:08 am
- Medical marijuana moratoriums in 71 Oregon cities Updated: Apr-15-14 11:04 am
- Butterfly garden exhibit a kaleidoscope of color Updated: Apr-15-14 10:58 am
- Japan pro-whaling lobby vows to continue hunts Updated: Apr-15-14 9:56 am
- Ohio EPA says no sediment dumping in Lake Erie Updated: Apr-15-14 9:44 am
- Experts: winter ice, winds damaged Illinois trees Updated: Apr-15-14 9:28 am
- Bat-killing fungus spreads in Georgia Updated: Apr-15-14 8:10 am
- Yellowstone elk count marred by weather Updated: Apr-15-14 6:29 am
- NOAA needs help finding beached marine mammals Updated: Apr-15-14 4:49 am
- Vermont's walleye fishing season set to begin Updated: Apr-15-14 4:38 am
- State to plant new trees along new US 31 route Updated: Apr-15-14 3:53 am
- Portland's elder statesman elephant turns 52 Updated: Apr-15-14 2:04 am
- Very obese cats saved from neglect up for adoption Updated: Apr-15-14 1:04 am
- Rancher inspects cattle after showdown with feds Updated: Apr-14-14 9:14 pm
- Spend or save? Pot tax debate far from settled Updated: Apr-14-14 7:52 pm
- Focus shifts to restoration at Ohio oil leak site Updated: Apr-14-14 7:44 pm
St. Cloud Times, April 16
KEY WEST, Florida - A Michigan man has been sentenced to five months in prison for his role in a South Florida wildlife trafficking operation that included the poaching of baby alligators.
SAN DIEGO - Scientists using a remote-controlled robot submersible have discovered a new species of poisonous sponge in deep waters off San Diego.
TULSA, Oklahoma - A salamander first discovered by a University of Tulsa doctoral student in 2011 is being hailed as a new species in an international journal for animal taxonomy.
SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut - The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is warning motorists in the Southington to be on the lookout for a moose on the loose.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - One of the 14 people charged in connection with a multi-state dog fighting investigation has filed notice that he plans to plead guilty.
MEXICO CITY - Camila celebrated her first birthday in a blue-and-white striped dress with tulle appliques, playing with her guests in a room decorated with pink balloons, lilacs and Hello Kitty posters.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The conviction of a Dillon County man whose dogs killed a 10-year-old boy should be reinstated, state prosecutors told the state Supreme Court Tuesday, saying a lower court was wrong to throw out the case over autopsy photographs.
HOUSTON - David Weede has not invited anyone to his house for more than a year because of the nose-stinging smell and the holes that rats have chewed through his walls and couch pillows.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Drug agents have seized more than $500,000 they say dealers have made from selling imitation marijuana during the last two months.
PORTLAND, Oregon - At least 71 Oregon cities have moratoriums on medical marijuana dispensaries, and more than 40 others are considering bans, according to the League of Oregon Cities and the Association of Oregon Counties.
INDIANAPOLIS - As if riding on an invisible breeze, butterflies of all colors and shapes wove through the air inside the all-glass conservatory.
TOKYO - Hundreds of pro-whaling Japanese officials, lawmakers and lobby group members vowed Tuesday to continue whale hunts despite a world court ruling that ordered the country to halt its Antarctic whaling program.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Environmental officials approved the dredging of Cleveland Harbor and the Cuyahoga River but said the sediment can't be dumped out in Lake Erie.
DECATUR, Illinois - This year's particularly nasty winter has taken its toll on trees across Illinois.
CLAYTON, Georgia - Black Diamond Tunnel sits just outside the city of Clayton in the northeast corner of Georgia.
BILLINGS, Montana - Wildlife officials say the annual count of a major elk herd that migrates between Yellowstone National Park and Montana was unable to be completed this year.
PORTLAND, Maine - The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is still looking for a member organization for its Marine Mammal Stranding Network for the Massachusetts North Shore, Nantucket, and Martha's Vineyard.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife says the state's walleye fishing season is set to begin, but regulations differ depending on where anglers fish.
KOKOMO, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Transportation has agreed to plan nearly 300 trees along the new U.S. 31 bypass in Kokomo.
PORTLAND, Oregon - More than a half century has passed since Packy the elephant's newsmaking birth at the Oregon Zoo. He's now a six-ton senior citizen and considered geriatric at age 52.
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio animal welfare staff members say a 26-pound tomcat faces a long road to recovery after his rescue from a neglectful home.
RENO, Nevada - A Nevada rancher said Monday he's trying to determine if federal agents damaged his cattle when the animals were rounded up then released in a showdown with angry protesters over a decades-long dispute about rangeland rights.
DENVER - Colorado's legal pot industry may be booming, but state lawmakers aren't sure how to spend the windfall.
CINCINNATI - Crews worked Monday for the fourth week to clean oil that leaked from a pipeline into a nature preserve near Cincinnati as officials began to focus on restoration of the affected area.