- Asian stocks rise on expectations for Europe stimulus Updated: Nov-25-15 11:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Asian stocks were higher Thursday on expectations for additional European Central Bank stimulus as jitters about tensions between Russia and Turkey faded.
- Washington project ensures forest stores carbon for decades Updated: Nov-24-15 5:55 pm
SEATTLE - Half a small forest still standing near Mount Rainier faced clear-cutting before an effort in Washington state saved the decades-old trees and allowed Microsoft to help finance the project to offset its carbon footprint.
- HP's last earnings report shows decline Updated: Nov-24-15 5:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hewlett-Packard went out with a whimper Tuesday, as the venerable computer-maker issued its final quarterly earnings report as a unified tech conglomerate, showing another drop in sales for most of its business divisions.
- Starboard urges Yahoo to keep Alibaba, sell core business Updated: Nov-19-15 5:23 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Activist investor Starboard Value is urging Yahoo to scrap a planned spinoff of its lucrative stake in Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba and sell its own Internet business instead.
- Intel rises following revenue forecast, dividend boost Updated: Nov-19-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - Intel stock climbed Thursday after the chipmaker said it expects its revenue to grow again next year and raised its quarterly dividend.
- As Facebook grows, expect to see more ads on Instagram Updated: Nov-04-15 7:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - If you're starting to notice more ads on Instagram, it's all part of Facebook's plan.
- Vermont computer chip plant gets $55M capital investment Updated: Nov-04-15 2:49 pm
ESSEX JUNCTION, Vermont - Officials say the Vermont computer chip manufacturing plant now owned by GlobalFoundries has received a $55 million capital infusion that is increasing plant output by 15 percent.
- Amazon opens its first bookstore as extension of website Updated: Nov-03-15 4:43 pm
SEATTLE - Online retail giant Amazon opened its first brick-and-mortar bookstore on Tuesday, two decades after it began selling books over the Internet and helped drive a number of shops out of business.
- Microsoft gets stingy with free online storage Updated: Nov-03-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - Microsoft is getting stingy with online storage.
- Facebook wants to tap robot brains to do your bidding Updated: Nov-03-15 7:01 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook is studying the ancient Chinese game of Go for insights as it works on building an artificial brain - one that it hopes to turn into a virtual personal assistant that can also sort through a mountain of photos, videos and comments posted by its next billion or so users.
- Gateway Inc. co-founder Mike Hammond dies at age 53 Updated: Nov-02-15 2:49 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Mike Hammond, who co-founded computer maker Gateway in an Iowa farmhouse in 1985 and helped turn it into an American success story by shipping PCs straight to customers in boxes with a spotted-cow design, has died at age 53.
- HP, a Silicon Valley icon, is ready for its break-up Updated: Oct-30-15 1:21 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One of the nation's most storied tech companies will split in two this weekend, another casualty of seismic shifts in the way people use technology - and big-company sluggishness in responding.
- Sony returns to profit after marathon restructuring effort Updated: Oct-29-15 7:40 am
TOKYO - Sony Corp. returned to profit last quarter in a sign its marathon restructuring effort is beginning to produce results.
- Samsung profit rises on record earnings from semiconductors Updated: Oct-29-15 3:38 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Samsung Electronics Co. reported its first earnings growth in more than a year on Thursday as a record profit from computer chips masked a decline in its smartphone business.
- Review: Apple TV brings iPhone-like apps to the big screen Updated: Oct-28-15 9:44 pm
NEW YORK - It turns out that Apple's streaming-TV box - aptly named Apple TV - isn't just for streaming anymore. Its latest incarnation, which ships this week, offers on the big screen just about anything you could previously only do on an iPhone or iPad.
- Apple beats earnings estimates, issues healthy forecast Updated: Oct-27-15 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Defying Wall Street skeptics, Apple says it plans to keep setting records for selling more iPhones around the world.
- Beyond the iPhone: Apple's Mac sales up, iPads down Updated: Oct-27-15 8:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's iPhone is the company's biggest success story. But its other products aren't all faring as well, according to its latest earnings report.
- BuzzFeed, Vox Media could pull out of SXSW over gamer panels Updated: Oct-27-15 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - Popular online media companies BuzzFeed and Vox Media say they may pull out of the SXSW Interactive festival held in Austin, Texas, after the festival canceled two panels related to gaming and online harassment, citing threats of violence.
- Apple beats Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Oct-27-15 4:39 pm
CUPERTINO, California _ Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Tuesday reported fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $11.12 billion.
- Company wants tech center lawsuit moved to federal court Updated: Oct-27-15 3:29 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Minnesota-based software company and four of its shareholders are trying to get a lawsuit filed over the business' failure to move into a $4.2 million technology center built for it moved into federal court.