- For virtual reality makers, a new version of an old struggle Updated: May-05-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - When it comes to virtual reality, how exclusive is exclusive?
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Ford to invest $182M in software development company Updated: May-05-16 12:42 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford says it is investing $182 million in a San Francisco software development company called Pivotal.
- State delays permit for proposed coal export terminal Updated: May-04-16 2:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A state permit for a Plaquemines Parish coal export terminal has been put on hold.
- Court takes up tax on out-of-state companies' online sales Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A likely appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was on the minds of justices in Ohio on Tuesday as they contemplated how the state's primary business tax should apply to online sales.
- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Yahoo CEO could get $55M in severance pay in potential sale Updated: Apr-29-16 7:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will walk away with a $55 million severance package if the company's auction of its Internet operations culminates in a sale that ousts her from her job.
- Despite Intel cuts, Portland high-tech is surging Updated: Apr-29-16 3:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon tech employment grew at its fastest rate in a decade last year, according to a new state report that finds those jobs pay unusually well and have an outsized impact on the economy.
- VA hospital: No personal info on stolen computer Updated: Apr-28-16 4:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials with a Veterans Affairs hospital in Providence say a computer was stolen out of the basement of the hospital more than a year ago, and that patients were never notified.
- Symantec cuts 4Q outlook, CEO leaving Updated: Apr-28-16 2:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Shares of software security firm Symantec fell about 6 percent after the company cut its fourth quarter revenue outlook due to lower sales of traditional security products and an increase in subscription-based security products which result in deferred revenue.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- FBI says it won't disclose how it accessed locked iPhone Updated: Apr-27-16 11:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The FBI said Wednesday that it will not publicly disclose the method that allowed it to access a locked iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino attackers, saying it lacks enough "technical information" about the software vulnerability that was exploited.
- Yahoo reshuffles board in truce with rebellious shareholder Updated: Apr-27-16 6:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo has reached a truce with an activist investor threatening to oust CEO Marissa Mayer and the rest of its board, removing a major distraction as the company evaluates bids to buy its Internet operations.
- Nintendo sinks into bigger quarterly loss on weak sales Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
TOKYO - Japanese video-game maker Nintendo Co. reported a 24 billion yen ($216 million) loss for January-March Wednesday, bigger than the loss it reported the previous year.
- Intel reportedly laying off 560 at 2 Chandler facilities Updated: Apr-26-16 7:50 pm
PHOENIX - Intel reportedly is laying off 560 employees at two Chandler facilities.
- Apple misses Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Apr-26-16 4:37 pm
CUPERTINO, California _ Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Tuesday reported fiscal second-quarter net income of $10.52 billion.
- Intel warns Oregon it's cutting 784 workers near Portland Updated: Apr-26-16 4:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Intel has notified Oregon officials that it plans to lay off nearly 800 workers in the Portland suburbs.
- Planned Intel job cuts create uncertainty in New Mexico city Updated: Apr-25-16 6:31 pm
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - A massive Intel plant has been a cornerstone in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, for nearly a generation.
- NFLPA Brady tops list of top selling players Updated: Apr-25-16 3:53 pm
BOSTON - Scandal over deflated footballs put Patriots quarterback Tom Brady under a microscope last season. It didn't stop him from being the NFL's top merchandise seller.
- Looming deadline for nuclear waste plant, future in limbo Updated: Apr-24-16 3:44 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A darkened central control room with more than 25 computer screens watches over nearly everything occurring inside this radioactive waste treatment plant west of Idaho Falls.
- Utah home to operations of 6 billion-dollar firms Updated: Apr-22-16 2:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The mythical unicorn is a creature with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead with the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness.
- Work begins on computer chip plan near Utica Updated: Apr-22-16 12:52 am
UTICA, New York - Work is underway on a new computer chip manufacturing facility near Utica.
- Microsoft reports weak results despite turnaround effort Updated: Apr-21-16 7:06 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft reported a surprise drop in sales and profit for the first three months of the year, a sign the tech giant is still trying to find its way in the post-PC era.
- Pendleton OKs project bringing historical statues to life Updated: Apr-21-16 12:26 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - An Oregon city is embarking on a project to bring its historical bronze statues to life.
- Apple delays earnings report for business advisor's memorial Updated: Apr-20-16 6:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple will announce quarterly financial results one day later than planned next week, to avoid reporting on the day of a memorial service for Silicon Valley business leader Bill Campbell, a mentor to former Apple chief Steve Jobs and other tech leaders.