- Cognizant 1Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: May-04-15 1:04 pm
TEANECK, New Jersey - Cognizant Technology raised its outlook for the year after strong performances in its health care and financial services units pushed both profits anid revenue beyond Wall Street expectations Monday.
- Microsoft opens Windows 10 to Apple, Android apps Updated: Apr-29-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft hopes to get more people using the next version of its Windows software on all kinds of devices by giving them access to many of the same apps they're already using on Apple or Android phones.
- Salesforce stock soars on takeover talk centering on Oracle Updated: Apr-29-15 5:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Investors are betting that business software service company Salesforce.com will be sold, with Oracle Corp. emerging as the early favorite to pull off a deal that could cost about $50 billion.
- Twitter stock tumbles after revenue, outlook miss Updated: Apr-28-15 5:40 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter's stock dropped sharply as the company's revenue and outlook fell short of expectations at a time investors are looking for stronger advertising growth to make up for less-than-stellar user numbers.
- Apple's Mac is selling strong, iPad not so much Updated: Apr-28-15 12:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple's iPhone was again the company's star in the first three months of the year. The tech giant sold 61 million iPhones, or 40 percent more than in the same period a year ago. That represented about two-thirds of its $58 billion in revenue.
- Forget the watch: Apple's iPhones are still the main event Updated: Apr-27-15 7:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The iPhone is still the engine behind Apple's phenomenal success, even if attention lately has been focused on its new smartwatch.
- Apple beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Apr-27-15 4:49 pm
CUPERTINO, California _ Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Monday reported fiscal second-quarter profit of $13.57 billion.
- Starbucks: Computer outage fixed; stores to reopen Saturday Updated: Apr-25-15 3:59 am
SEATTLE - A computer outage hit thousands of Starbucks stores Friday, and some gave away free drinks before many closed early to the dismay of caffeine-craving patrons.
- Correction: Amazon-Cloud Computing Business story Updated: Apr-24-15 2:38 pm
NEW YORK - In a story April 23 about Amazon, The Associated Press reported erroneously that its quarterly revenues came in below analysts' estimates. They came in above analysts' estimates.
- Unisys cutting 1,800 jobs amid quarterly loss, stock slide Updated: Apr-24-15 12:19 pm
BLUE BELL, Pennsylvania - Unisys says it'll reduce its global workforce by about 8 percent after reporting a $43.2 million first-quarter loss and seeing its stock price lose a quarter of its value since the beginning of the year.
- Microsoft results show company's shift, but is it enough? Updated: Apr-23-15 7:16 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft is changing its business. The question is whether it's changing fast enough.
- As PayPal split looms, eBay plans to think small Updated: Apr-22-15 8:55 pm
NEW YORK - EBay plans to grow by thinking small as it prepares for life apart from PayPal.
- Yahoo's 1Q disappoints, but stock rises on Yahoo Japan hopes Updated: Apr-21-15 7:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo is still struggling to boost its revenue nearly three years into CEO Marissa Mayer's tenure, magnifying concerns that the Internet company holds little value beyond its lucrative Asian investments.
- HP will sell Snapfish online photo unit ahead of split Updated: Apr-21-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Hewlett-Packard said Tuesday it will sell its Snapfish online photo business to District Photo as HP prepares to split into two companies.
- IBM tops 1Q profit forecasts Updated: Apr-20-15 6:46 pm
ARMONK, New York - International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) on Monday reported first-quarter net income of $2.33 billion.
- Yahoo chooses to stay with Microsoft in updated search deal Updated: Apr-16-15 7:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo and Microsoft will keep working together on Internet search, but Yahoo is getting more control over the how the search results are presented.
- Stock of online marketplace Etsy surges in trading debut Updated: Apr-16-15 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - The place where you can buy handmade dresses and crocheted dog costumes has a new hot seller: its own stock.
- SYNNEX adding 150 jobs at Greenville distribution facility Updated: Apr-16-15 3:26 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - The SYNNEX Corporation, an information technology company, is expanding its U.S. distribution headquarters in Greenville, adding 150 new jobs.
- Apple digs in on green with China solar, US forest projects Updated: Apr-16-15 12:05 pm
PALO ALTO, California - In a quest to be more green, Apple says it is investing in Chinese solar power and preserving forests that make environmentally friendly paper.
- Review: Adobe PDF tool is great, but casual users won't need Updated: Apr-15-15 3:38 am
NEW YORK - No doubt you've run across your share of PDF documents in your work and personal life. Adobe's Portable Document Format has become a common way to publish newsletters, instruction manuals and even tax forms. Creating your own PDF document is easy, with features built into major Web browsers and Apple's Mac system, or available through an array of free Windows apps.
- Intel tops 1Q profit forecasts Updated: Apr-14-15 5:05 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Intel Corp. on Tuesday reported first-quarter net income of $1.99 billion.
- Hackers keep trying new targets in search of easy data Updated: Apr-14-15 8:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The health care sector has become the hot target for hackers in recent months, according to researchers at Symantec, a leading cybersecurity company that says it's also seeing big increases in "spear-phishing," ''ransomware" and efforts to exploit newly discovered vulnerabilities in software used by a wide range of industries.
- Latest on Apple Watch release: Shopping begins Updated: Apr-10-15 10:59 am
- PC sales declined - again - in first quarter Updated: Apr-09-15 5:29 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Weak demand for desktop computers caused PC sales to plunge again in the first quarter of this year, reflecting the industry's ongoing struggles with the shift to smartphones, tablets and other mobile gadgets.
- Apple Watch isn't the only gadget out this week Updated: Apr-09-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - The public will have its first chance to see, touch and buy the Apple Watch on Friday, as Apple stores in the U.S. and eight markets abroad start previews and online orders commence.