- Agency-by-agency summary of Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
- Census: Indiana lost 2,200 farms from '07 to '12 Updated: Feb-20-14 7:53 pm
- Consumers seen driving increase in Conn. farms Updated: Feb-20-14 5:16 pm
- Survey: Michigan mirrors US agricultural trends Updated: Feb-20-14 4:52 pm
- Census: Fewer farms, older farmers in SC Updated: Feb-20-14 4:20 pm
- Census: Number of Maine farms up as US farms down Updated: Feb-20-14 3:31 pm
- LA residents moving east despite lack of jobs Updated: Feb-09-14 2:10 pm
- Declining population challenges W. Pa. county Updated: Feb-09-14 11:20 am
Agency: Health and Human Services
INDIANAPOLIS - The operators of more than 2,000 Indiana farms - many of them among the state's smallest farming operations - called it quits between 2007 and 2012, according to a new government report on America's agriculture industry.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The number of farms in Connecticut jumped by 22 percent over five years, bucking a national trend in which the total declined country-wide, a federal census reported Thursday.
DETROIT - Michigan is mirroring a national trend of declining farms even as the value of crops and livestock increases.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Farmers in South Carolina continue to gray and, for most of them, tilling the land is not their primary occupation, according to a snapshot of agriculture released Thursday.
PORTLAND, Maine - The number of Maine farms has grown and continues to lead the New England states, while the farm total nationwide has dropped, the federal government said Thursday.
LOS ANGELES - During the recession, Los Angeles County lost tens of thousands of residents to the eastern counties of the Inland Empire despite the area's staggering unemployment rate, new Census Bureau estimates reveals.
EBENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Unless there is a sharp influx of new residents into Cambria County, beginning in 2021 there will be two fewer row offices and more than 200 fewer employees at the courthouse.