- Grand Rapids fastest grower in Top 10 Michigan communities Updated: May-21-15 7:10 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The U.S. Census Bureau says Grand Rapids added about 1,300 people in the latest population estimate, making Michigan's second-largest city the fastest growing among the state's 10 largest communities.
- Whites moving to Detroit, city that epitomized white flight Updated: May-21-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Whites are moving back to the American city that came to epitomize white flight, even as blacks continue to leave for the suburbs and the city's overall population shrinks.
- Virginia counties near DC fuel population gain Updated: May-21-15 4:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia counties near the nation's capital and most of the state's largest cities saw population increases last year, according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.
- Census says Des Moines reaches population peak, topping 1960 Updated: May-21-15 2:57 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Pat yourself on the back, Des Moines, you've never been bigger.
- Utah population growing quickly, says US census Updated: May-21-15 12:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's population growth rate is one of the highest in the nation, according to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Charleston only West Virginia city with 50,000 population Updated: May-21-15 11:32 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Charleston is hanging on as the only city in West Virginia with a population of more than 50,000, while Morgantown is now the state's third-largest city, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Charleston's growth: Columbia could lose spot as top SC city Updated: May-21-15 11:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rapid growth in Charleston means that Columbia is in danger of losing its place as the largest city in South Carolina, according to U.S. Census Bureau numbers released Thursday.
- Census says 5 Texas cities among top 10 in population gain Updated: May-21-15 7:37 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Census Bureau says five Texas cities are among the country's top 10 in population gain, and San Marcos is the fastest-growing in the nation for the third consecutive year.
- Census: Population of Charlotte now in excess of 800,000 Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Charlotte has grown by 16,000 people in a year and now the largest city in the Carolinas has a population in excess of 800,000.
- Central Arkansas cities mull special census for more funding Updated: May-18-15 5:38 pm
BRYANT, Arkansas - Several central Arkansas cities are mulling the idea of paying for another census in order to get more state funding following an increase in population.
- Nebraska has fifth-highest birth rate in the nation Updated: May-10-15 5:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska has the fifth-highest birth rate in the nation.
- Planned Middle East-North Africa census category progresses Updated: Apr-22-15 6:56 pm
DETROIT - A proposal to allow those of Middle Eastern and North American descent to identify as such on the next 10-year census has cleared another hurdle.