- Man arrested in Peru in 1990s Ohio Ponzi scheme Updated: Dec-11-13 3:47 pm
- Madoff wept as he revealed fraud, NY witness says Updated: Dec-10-13 11:04 pm
- Supporters seek leniency for RI lawyer in fraud Updated: Dec-10-13 5:05 pm
- Feds: Former NY soccer official ran Ponzi scheme Updated: Dec-10-13 2:36 pm
- Emporia CFO pleads guilty to embezzling Updated: Dec-10-13 7:08 am
- KC company illegally transported hazardous waste Updated: Dec-10-13 5:07 am
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme Updated: Dec-09-13 5:01 pm
- Feds want 10 years for fraud that preyed on dying Updated: Dec-09-13 11:40 am
- Madoff fraud still stings ex-clients 5 years later Updated: Dec-08-13 1:37 pm
- No prison time for 2 top ex-execs in NY conspiracy Updated: Dec-06-13 6:10 pm
- Owner of Va. investment firm gets 12 years Updated: Dec-06-13 5:37 pm
- SEC complaint contends pair operated Ponzi scheme Updated: Dec-06-13 12:17 pm
- Man charged with fraud agrees to pay back $1.3M Updated: Dec-05-13 5:14 am
- 23andMe faces class action lawsuit in California Updated: Dec-03-13 5:13 pm
- Co-owner of Va. drug firm admits illegal imports Updated: Dec-02-13 1:38 pm
- French court orders trial for EADS, Daimler execs Updated: Dec-02-13 12:44 pm
- Mine company president downplays investigation Updated: Nov-29-13 1:44 pm
- Businessman sentenced in securities fraud case Updated: Nov-27-13 10:16 am
- 3 S. Fla. moving companies shuttered for fraud Updated: Nov-27-13 8:19 am
- Oilfield company to pay $253M to settle bribe case Updated: Nov-26-13 1:06 pm
- Ex-W.Va. housing exec admits to embezzlement Updated: Nov-26-13 3:10 am
- Businessman in Navy bribery case held without bail Updated: Nov-25-13 10:14 pm
- Accusers pack courtroom for Ponzi scheme hearing Updated: Nov-25-13 8:32 pm
- Fla. man charged in NJ with alleged Ponzi scheme Updated: Nov-25-13 2:01 pm
- Fairness hearing set on Pilot Flying J settlement Updated: Nov-24-13 3:13 pm
LIMA, Peru - Police in Peru say they've arrested a 59-year-old man wanted in Ohio for an alleged Ponzi scheme in which $65 million was raised from at least 800 investors in the United States and Latin America more than a decade ago.
NEW YORK - The former right-hand man of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff told a jury Tuesday that a crying Madoff revealed to him his financial empire was a gigantic fraud just before the rest of the world learned the truth nearly five years ago.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Roman Catholic bishop, a onetime U.S. ambassador and others have written letters to a judge in Rhode Island to support a lawyer convicted in a $46 million investment fraud that preyed on terminally ill people.
MINEOLA, New York - The former head of a suburban youth soccer club solicited members, friends and volunteers of the organization for more than $5 million in what federal prosecutors said Tuesday was a Ponzi scheme.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The former chief financial officer of an Emporia manufacturing firm has pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly $266,000 from the company.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City company has pleaded guilty to federal charges of illegally transporting hazardous waste.
McLEAN, Virginia - U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida lost $18 million in a scheme that cheated him and about 120 other investors out of more than $35 million, according to court papers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal prosecutors have asked a judge for a 10-year prison term for a Rhode Island lawyer who led a $46 million investment fraud that preyed on terminally ill people.
NEW YORK - The last time Morton Chalek visited Bernard Madoff's office, the then-trusted investment adviser gave him the customary warm welcome.
NEW YORK - The founder of a California-based semiconductor company and its ex-chief financial officer won't go to prison after pleading guilty in New York to conspiring to obstruct an anticipated federal investigation.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The owner of a northern Virginia financial firm has been sentenced to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to a wire fraud that prosecutors say cheated investors out of more than $35 million.
AUSTIN, Texas - Federal prosecutors say two people have been charged with operating a Central Texas-based Ponzi scheme that raised nearly $18 million purportedly for investments in oil and gas interests.
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A man accused of defrauding four people out of more than $1 million has agreed pay back the victims as part of a plea deal.
WASHINGTON - Genetic testing company 23andMe is facing a class action lawsuit alleging that the Silicon Valley startup misled customers with advertising for its personalized DNA test kit.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The co-owner of a now-defunct Virginia drug company has pleaded guilty to illegally importing Botox and other prescription drugs and selling them to physicians in violation of the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory scheme.
PARIS - A French court on Monday ordered a trial for carmaker Daimler AG and industrial conglomerate Lagardere SCA as well as executives for Airbus parent EADS in an insider trading investigation dating back to 2006.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The president of the company looking to open an iron ore mine in northern Wisconsin said Friday he doesn't know if an investigation into whether a mine he previously managed contaminated a Spanish aquifer with arsenic will affect the project here.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama businessman has been ordered to pay restitution and faces the possibility of more prison time after pleading guilty to one count of securities fraud.
MIAMI - The U.S. Department of Transportation has shut down three South Florida moving companies after claims they held people's belongings hostage unless they paid extra fees - sometimes totaling thousands of dollars.
WASHINGTON - The oilfield services company Weatherford International has agreed to pay more than $250 million to settle federal charges that it bribed officials in the Middle East and Africa to win business.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former Huntington Housing Authority administrator has pleaded guilty to charges that she stole more than $23,000 from a grant program intended to help disabled and homeless people.
SAN DIEGO - A global businessman at the heart of a multimillion-dollar Navy bribery case was ordered held without bail Monday with a federal judge saying his wealth and international connections made him an extreme flight risk.
EASTON, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania man is headed to trial on charges he ran a bogus investment scam that bilked dozens of people out of a total of $10 million.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal authorities say a Florida man has been arrested on charges he allegedly operated an $18 million Ponzi scheme involving victims from New Jersey.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Parties in a $70 million truck-stop rebate scandal linked to a company owned by the governor of Tennessee and his brother, who owns the Cleveland Browns, are to gather in court Monday for a federal court hearing that could end in approval of a settlement.