- Scammers using fake US Postal Service emails Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Broadband bill advances but tower concerns remain Updated: Apr-15-14 4:31 pm
- Netflix's Comcast deal improves quality of video Updated: Apr-14-14 6:59 pm
- Jail grievance computers could get to Internet Updated: Apr-13-14 12:38 pm
- Google to sell Glass to bigger pool of consumers Updated: Apr-10-14 6:52 pm
- Race builds for super-fast broadband in NC cities Updated: Apr-10-14 4:04 am
- Super-fast broadband to bolster WVU research Updated: Apr-10-14 2:19 am
- Heartbleed bug causes major security headache Updated: Apr-09-14 7:13 pm
- High-speed Internet expected in Vt. town in summer Updated: Apr-04-14 9:13 am
- Review: Fire TV device great, but not fully ready Updated: Apr-03-14 2:47 pm
- Facebook launches lab to bring Internet everywhere Updated: Mar-27-14 6:42 pm
- Experts say NSA rules leave privacy vulnerable Updated: Mar-26-14 3:30 pm
- Brazil's Congress approves internet legislation Updated: Mar-26-14 2:40 pm
- 2 WKU students scammed via email Updated: Mar-21-14 2:25 pm
- Google enhances encryption technology for email Updated: Mar-20-14 7:42 pm
- Mobile devices add allure to March Madness at work Updated: Mar-19-14 6:34 pm
- Judge tosses class-action push for Google suit Updated: Mar-19-14 4:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Consumer advocates say scammers are using bogus U.S. Postal Service emails to steal personal information.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A legislative panel has backed a plan meant to extend broadband access to rural Iowans, though an agreement hasn't been reached on language about the placement of new cell towers.
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix's videos are streaming through Comcast's Internet service at their highest speeds in 17 months, thanks to a recent deal that bought Netflix a more direct connection to Comcast's network.
NEW ORLEANS - Orleans Parish Prison inmates will have to file grievances on paper because authorities discovered they were using grievance computers to use the Internet.
SAN FRANCISCO - A lot more people are about to get a chance to buy Google Glass, the Internet-connected eyewear that has become the hottest accessory in geek fashion.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A telecommunications giant says it could start offering broadband Internet service in North Carolina that's ten times faster than anything now available.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A super-fast broadband data network is strengthening ties between two key research institutions in West Virginia.
SAN FRANCISCO - A confounding computer bug called "Heartbleed" is causing major security headaches across the Internet as websites scramble to fix the problem and Web surfers wonder whether they should change their passwords to prevent theft of their email accounts, credit card numbers and other sensitive information.
PUTNEY, Vermont - Telecommunications officials from across Vermont are telling a group of residents in the town of Putney they are trying to get them broadband service.
NEW YORK - Amazon's new Fire TV streaming device shows a lot of potential in bringing together the best features from competing devices and adding voice search on top of that.
NEW YORK - Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites.
STANFORD, California - Cyber security experts are questioning whether President Barack Obama can make good on his assurance that U.S. intelligence agencies aren't spying on "ordinary folks."
SAO PAULO - The lower house of Brazil's Congress has approved legislation meant to ensure the privacy of Internet users and to guarantee what is called "Internet neutrality," that all content be treated equally by carriers. But it dropped a demand that all data on Brazilians be saved within the country
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - A pair of Western Kentucky University students told police that they lost a total of $2,700 after replying to emails offering work at home opportunities.
WASHINGTON - Google has enhanced the encryption technology for its flagship email service in ways that will make it harder for the National Security Agency to intercept messages moving among the company's worldwide data centers.
LOS ANGELES - Every year, the NCAA college basketball tournament gives employees a reason to goof off at their desks and root for their alma maters.
SAN FRANCISCO - A judge has tossed out an effort to win class-action status for a lawsuit accusing Google of violating the privacy terms of email users.