- Putney asks Vermont to provide more broadband Updated: Mar-05-14 1:56 pm
- Dish, Disney deal envisions Internet-delivered TV Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 pm
- Comcast extends cheap Web access amid deal review Updated: Mar-04-14 11:49 am
- FairPoint: 95 percent of NH lines have broadband Updated: Mar-01-14 4:49 pm
- China busts major Web-based baby trafficking rings Updated: Feb-28-14 3:43 am
- China's president heads cybersecurity body Updated: Feb-27-14 11:49 pm
- Idaho judge keeps broadband fight alive in courts Updated: Feb-26-14 1:55 pm
- Vt. officials expanding broadband access Updated: Feb-25-14 4:37 am
- Getting a clearer picture on Netflix-Comcast deal Updated: Feb-24-14 6:28 pm
- Zuckerberg takes long view with WhatsApp, Internet Updated: Feb-24-14 4:11 pm
- Netflix reaches deal with Comcast Updated: Feb-23-14 4:49 pm
- NY grants $9M for upstate broadband projects Updated: Feb-23-14 11:33 am
- Internet a crucial Venezuela battleground Updated: Feb-21-14 10:11 pm
- 4G LTE network to cover Crow Creek reservation Updated: Feb-21-14 1:13 pm
- Google aims to provide broadband in 34 more cities Updated: Feb-19-14 6:05 pm
- FCC won't appeal ruling on Internet neutrality Updated: Feb-19-14 4:20 pm
- Atlanta, Google mulling fiber-optic network Updated: Feb-19-14 3:54 pm
- Central, western Mass. broadband project completed Updated: Feb-19-14 10:49 am
- Minn. Senate email system down over weekend Updated: Feb-18-14 6:22 pm
- Technology classes help girls build online skills Updated: Feb-18-14 9:44 am
- Grant aimed at improving W.Va. online teaching Updated: Feb-18-14 3:04 am
- Effort to expand broadband access moves forward Updated: Feb-17-14 6:16 pm
- Del. AG warns of email scam Updated: Feb-17-14 12:32 pm
- Kerry presses China to ease Internet controls Updated: Feb-14-14 11:52 pm
- Oahu wind farm back online with new technology Updated: Feb-14-14 8:07 am
PUTNEY, Vermont - Putney voters say a few hundred residents do not have access to affordable broadband Internet and they want Vermont lawmakers to change that.
LOS ANGELES - With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
LOS ANGELES - Comcast says it will continue to offer low-cost broadband Internet connections to low-income families beyond the three-year commitment it made when it bought NBCUniversal.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - FairPoint Communications says 95 percent of its New Hampshire access lines now have access to broadband Internet service.
BEIJING - Chinese police have rescued 382 abducted babies and arrested 1,094 suspects in a national operation that busted four major Internet-based baby trafficking rings, the Public Security Ministry said Friday.
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has put himself in charge of a new body to coordinate cybersecurity, in a sign of Beijing's concern over its vulnerability to online attacks and its desire to retain tight control over the Internet.
BOISE, Idaho - A judge in Boise kept alive a bitter fight over whether state officials illegally awarded a $60 million contract to build Idaho's Idaho Education Network broadband system, a decision that puts millions in taxpayer funding in limbo.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials say Chittenden, Ira and Pittsford will be getting expanded broadband internet access.
SAN FRANCISCO - After years of bickering, Netflix and Comcast are working together to provide their subscribers with a more enjoyable experience when they're watching movies and television shows over high-speed Internet connections.
NEW YORK - Mark Zuckerberg, known for his outsized ambitions for Facebook, is applying a similar long-term vision to bringing the Internet to the billons of people around the world who don't already have access.
NEW YORK - Netflix has reached a deal with Comcast to ensure that its TV shows and movies are streamed smoothly to households, the first deal the online video streaming service has reached with an Internet service provider.
ALBANY, New York - New York officials say more than $9 million in grants has been approved for five projects extending broadband access to about 33,000 households and 4,500 businesses upstate.
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - The battle for Venezuela is being fought as vigorously online as in the streets, with Internet service cut off to a strife-torn university city and the government blocking selected websites and a "walkie-talkie" service widely used by protesters.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A new wireless broadband service will soon cover the Crow Creek reservation.
SAN FRANCISCO - Google wants to offer ultra-fast Internet service in 34 more cities scattered across eight states in the company's boldest challenge to cable and telecommunications providers.
WASHINGTON - The Federal Communications Commission says it won't appeal a court decision that struck down rules it designed to ensure that the transmission of all Internet content be treated equally. The agency says it will fashion new rules.
ATLANTA - The City of Atlanta is working with Google to try bringing ultra-high speed internet access to the city.
WESTBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Officials say a project to bring high-speed Internet access to public safety facilities, town halls, schools and hospitals in rural areas of central and western Massachusetts has been completed.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The email system that serves Minnesota state senators and their employees has been out of service since Friday.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A digital tattoo, just like a real tattoo, lasts forever and never goes away, even after pressing the delete button.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - More than $28,000 in grant money will provide training opportunities for faculty members at West Virginia colleges and universities to improve the quality of online courses.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legislation that would provide incentives for improving broadband Internet technology access in Iowa moved forward in the state House Monday.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden is warning residents of an email scam that have tried to trick residents into revealing financial information.
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday he urged Chinese leaders to support Internet freedom and promised to look into whether American companies help Beijing curb access to online material.
KAHUKU, Hawaii - An Oahu North Shore wind farm is again operating at full capacity more than a year after a fire knocked out its storage batteries.