- Connecticut police target drivers talking, texting on phones Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Police across Connecticut are launching another enforcement campaign targeting drivers who talk or text on their cellphones without using required hands-free devices.
- Police say man died after crash while texting on motorcycle Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
FRANKFORT, Indiana - State police say a 43-year-old Indianapolis man died from injuries sustained after he crashed his motorcycle while he was texting.
- What's considered 'classified' is a judgment call Updated: Jul-31-15 3:12 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is under scrutiny over whether she sent or received classified information on unsecured email when she was secretary of state. The inspector general of the U.S. intelligence community recently alerted the Justice Department about classified information included improperly on email that went through a home server Clinton used in lieu of the official State Department email system.
- Counties find most 911 texts accidental, pranks Updated: Jul-30-15 6:14 am
EVERETT, Washington - Washington counties that allow people to text 911 instead of dial are finding many messages are bogus.
- Disguised metro Atlanta police crackdown on texting drivers Updated: Jul-29-15 7:50 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is using disguised officers to try catching drivers who are texting behind the wheel.
- Yahoo plays catch-up in messaging with video texting app Updated: Jul-29-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Imagine making a video call without other people being able to listen in.
- Brown County tourism officials debut smartphone app Updated: Jul-29-15 4:10 am
NASHVILLE, Indiana - Tourism officials in southern Indiana's Brown County have released a free smartphone app to help guide visitors to the county's quaint shops, restaurants and attractions.
- GOP: Still no deal on Clinton testimony to Benghazi panel Updated: Jul-28-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans on the House committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, said Tuesday that there is no agreement with Hillary Rodham Clinton over her possible appearance before the panel, despite the State Department's pledge to produce 5,000 new pages of documents.
- Detroit launching mobile app as part of parking improvements Updated: Jul-28-15 8:59 am
DETROIT - Detroit is launching a mobile app as part of an effort to improve its parking system.
- Software turns smartphones into tools for medical research Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jody Kearns doesn't like to spend time obsessing about her Parkinson's disease. The 56-year-old dietitian from Syracuse, New York, had to give up bicycling because the disorder affected her balance. But she still works, drives and tries to live a normal life.
- Seattle police ask for phone diet during Saturday parade Updated: Jul-24-15 8:22 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's annual Torchlight Parade is this Saturday, and Seattle police have an unusual message for people planning to go watch the parade.
- BlackBerry to buy crisis-communications software firm AtHoc Updated: Jul-22-15 3:04 pm
WATERLOO, Ontario - BlackBerry Ltd. has signed a deal to buy California-based software company AtHoc, which develops emergency alert systems for government agencies, military bodies, and other organizations.
- Even Apple loyalists taking their time on Apple Watch Updated: Jul-22-15 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - For all those who hailed the iPhone as the "Jesus Phone" in 2007, the Apple Watch's arrival has hardly been the second coming.
- Kitzhaber email leaker may sue State of Oregon Updated: Jul-20-15 6:04 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The state technology manager who leaked former Gov. John Kitzhaber's personal emails has notified the state that he plans to sue.
- Detroit officials using private email for public business Updated: Jul-20-15 9:31 am
DETROIT - Detroit officials including Mayor Mike Duggan say they sometimes use private email accounts to conduct public business and are defending the practice as convenient and appropriate.
- Apple's updates iPod Touch amid declining sales Updated: Jul-15-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - Although the iPod's popularity has waned, Apple is updating its music player for the first time in nearly three years by giving the flagship Touch model a faster processor and better cameras.
- Pacific islands cable breaks, cutting off phones, Internet Updated: Jul-09-15 11:50 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Technicians are restoring telephone and Internet service in the U.S Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands after a break in undersea cable disconnected the islands from the rest of the world.
- Review: Microsoft Office in a world of multiple devices Updated: Jul-09-15 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Microsoft's new Office apps do a good job of helping us navigate a world in which we frequently switch from one device to another - from a Mac to a Windows PC, with a smartphone or tablet along the way.
- Texting 911 now possible in Snohomish County Updated: Jul-09-15 10:47 am
EVERETT, Washington - Residents in Snohomish County are now able to text to 911 for help.