- Better batteries to beat global warming: A race against time Updated: Nov-24-15 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - One of the key technologies that could help wean the globe off fossil fuel is probably at your fingertips or in your pocket right now: the battery.
- Utah testing technology that could improve truckers' safety Updated: Nov-21-15 6:46 pm
TOOELE, Utah - Utah is test-driving new technology that could improve safety and fuel efficiency for big-rig truckers.
- EPA says VW cheating software is on more vehicles Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Volkswagen's emissions cheating scandal widened Friday after the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said the German automaker used software to cheat on pollution tests on more six-cylinder diesel vehicles than originally thought.
- The Latest: US says more cars included in VW diesel cheating Updated: Nov-20-15 1:41 pm
BERLIN - The latest developments in Volkswagen's emissions scandal. All times local:
- Nevada officials working 'every day' to strike Faraday deal Updated: Nov-20-15 6:11 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada's top economic development officer says the state is working daily on a potential deal to bring secretive electric car startup Faraday Future to North Las Vegas.
- VW has only a few costly options to fix polluting diesels Updated: Nov-19-15 5:03 pm
DETROIT - When Volkswagen submits a plan to fix emissions-cheating diesel engines on Friday, it will have only two options for most of the cars.
- VW offers diesel owners $1,000 in gift cards and vouchers Updated: Nov-09-15 11:07 pm
DETROIT - Volkswagen is offering $1,000 in gift cards and vouchers as a goodwill gesture to owners of small diesel-powered cars involved in an emissions cheating scandal.
- Mysterious electric car startup looking to build $1B factory Updated: Nov-08-15 2:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - The luxury electric car market may be small, but it's lucrative enough to get another jolt - this time from a mysterious startup that says it wants to re-imagine how people interact with their autos.
- Toyota invests $1 billion in artificial intelligence in US Updated: Nov-06-15 3:49 am
TOKYO - Toyota is investing $1 billion in a research company it's setting up in Silicon Valley to develop artificial intelligence and robotics, underlining the Japanese automaker's determination to lead in futuristic cars that drive themselves and apply the technology to other areas of daily life.
- AP News Guide: A look at the Volkswagen emissions scandal Updated: Nov-05-15 7:52 am
DETROIT - The dirty cloud hanging over Volkswagen continues to grow.
- Porsche halts diesel Cayenne sales in US, Canada Updated: Nov-03-15 7:05 pm
DETROIT - Porsche is voluntarily halting the sale of some diesel SUVs in the U.S. and Canada after U.S. regulators accused the brand of using software to cheat on emissions tests.
- Germany's VW: New C02 problems with 800,000 vehicles Updated: Nov-03-15 4:48 pm
BERLIN - Germany's Volkswagen, already reeling from the fallout of cheating on U.S. emissions tests for nitrogen oxide, said Tuesday that an internal investigation has revealed "unexplained inconsistencies" in the carbon dioxide emissions from 800,000 of its vehicles - a development it said could cost the company another 2 billion euros ($2.2 billion).
- Nissan test car drives itself safely, recognizes pedestrians Updated: Nov-02-15 11:59 pm
TOKYO - Being a passenger in a self-driving car is similar to being driven around by a very cautious person, maybe your grandmother.
- EPA says Volkswagen cheated a 2nd time on pollution tests Updated: Nov-02-15 6:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The Volkswagen emissions scandal widened Monday when the U.S. government accused the German automaker of cheating for a second time. Although VW denied the charge, it faced the prospect of steeper fines and lost sales, as well as more intense scrutiny from disbelieving U.S. lawmakers.
- Gov't to add automatic braking to 5-star car safety rating Updated: Nov-02-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The government is adding automatic braking to its five-star safety rating system designed to help consumers identify the most important safety technologies to look for in new cars.
- Eugene electrical vehicle company to reveal new product Updated: Nov-02-15 5:01 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene company is ready to unveil its newest version of an electric vehicle that is set to be piloted next year.
- Honda recall affects 2016 CR-Vs over potential air bag issue Updated: Oct-31-15 2:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Honda is recalling some 2016 CR-V SUVs to replace Takata air bags that could rupture in a crash and send metal fragments flying.