- Old timey car to replace NYC horse carriages shown Updated: Apr-17-14 6:04 pm
- Column: Fuel-careful F1 less of a guilty pleasure Updated: Apr-17-14 5:20 am
- Officials: Part of Belle Isle to be shut for event Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 am
- Tesla factor: Recharging Nevada's lithium industry Updated: Apr-11-14 3:40 pm
- Toyota gas cars get efficient engine from hybrids Updated: Apr-10-14 5:47 am
- GM to invest $449M in 2 Detroit-area factories Updated: Apr-08-14 2:28 pm
- Tesla to offer electric car leases to businesses Updated: Apr-08-14 9:29 am
- 1st fast-charging station for electric cars Updated: Apr-03-14 5:12 am
- CBS dubs sound for quiet electric car Updated: Apr-01-14 12:58 pm
- NHTSA to require rearview cameras in new vehicles Updated: Mar-31-14 9:19 pm
- Whitefish man honored for locating Apollo rockets Updated: Mar-27-14 2:26 pm
- Cadillac takes on Tesla with plug-in ELR Updated: Mar-26-14 3:32 pm
- Arizona bill would allow Tesla to skip dealers Updated: Mar-19-14 6:56 pm
NEW YORK - An electric car that proponents hope will replace horse-drawn carriages in New York City was presented Thursday at the New York International Auto Show, as critics expressed their distaste for the idea.
PARIS - As Earth's atmosphere warms alarmingly and fills with heat-trapping gases, and the writing on the wall - "People, we're in trouble!" - looms ever larger, Formula One has steadily become a guilty pleasure, the motorsport equivalent of blue whale burger or wearing panda fur.
DETROIT - Officials say portions of Detroit's Belle Isle are expected to be closed to the public for several days in September for an event showcasing driverless vehicles.
RENO, Nevada - Take away the remnants of more than 200 exploratory drill holes and you're left with a rural landscape that looks just like any other in Humboldt County.
TOKYO - Toyota has developed an efficient gasoline engine using technology fine-tuned with gas-electric hybrids, in which the Japanese automaker is an industry leader.
DETROIT - General Motors plans to invest $449 million in two Detroit-area factories to build the next-generation Chevrolet Volt hybrid electric car and two unspecified new vehicles.
DETROIT - Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. says it will begin leasing cars to small and midsize businesses.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah government leaders are unveiling the Salt Lake City area's first fast-charging station for electric cars.
NEW YORK - CBS News says an editor made an "audio error" in dubbing the sound of a loud traditional car engine over footage of the much quieter Tesla electric car in a "60 Minutes" story that aired Sunday.
WASHINGTON - Years late, the Transportation Department issued a rule Monday that will require rearview technology in all new cars and many light trucks - an effort to reduce deaths and serious injuries caused by backup accidents.
KALISPELL, Montana - Jay Larsen was towing a chirping sonar device three miles beneath the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, trolling the Bermuda Triangle for lost artifacts, when he discovered a trove of buried treasure that had spent more than 40 years lost at sea.
Finally, there's an electric car that rivals Tesla's eye-catching Model S.
PHOENIX - Electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors would be allowed to sell cars in Arizona without establishing a dealer network under a bill approved by a state Senate committee Wednesday.