- Tech gurus help boost speedy Internet in schools Updated: Dec-04-13 7:41 pm
- Va nonprofit offers computer programming workshop Updated: Dec-01-13 1:36 pm
- Kenai students learn about video production Updated: Dec-01-13 6:13 am
- District backs smartphones' move into classes Updated: Nov-23-13 5:54 am
- Education official concedes 'Schoolnet' glitches Updated: Nov-05-13 7:38 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Needed to keep a school building running these days: Water, electricity - and broadband.
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - The front row of the most recent Let's Code class wasn't the kind of group you would expect to find studying together. There was a Virginia Tech student, a structural engineer, a few elementary students and an Internet programming expert.
KENAI, Alaska - As the bell rings at Kenai Middle School, the students in Tyler Schlung's Northern Lights class file into their seats. Their task for the day is to watch their most recent show production and critique it.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - At Romig Middle School, Kendall Johanson tunes her trumpet before band class using an app.
BOISE, Idaho - A top Idaho State Department of Education official on Tuesday acknowledged problems with a multimillion-dollar software system meant to track and improve student performance that's instead prompted frustration among teachers and administrators.