- Google VP to become new Carnegie Mellon dean Updated: Apr-15-14 2:20 pm
- W.Va. schools to get free computer system upgrades Updated: Apr-14-14 11:28 am
- Ohio schools to get computers from Internet cafes Updated: Apr-12-14 2:10 pm
- Interest in Wyoming online education increases Updated: Apr-06-14 1:17 pm
- Long delayed Wang Hall nears completion Updated: Apr-03-14 12:17 pm
- Kansas extend testing amid computer problems Updated: Mar-30-14 12:02 pm
- Green Bay district spends $2.5M on 5K new laptops Updated: Mar-29-14 6:28 pm
- Pa. community college remains closed after threat Updated: Mar-28-14 8:00 am
- Detroit Schools offer parents computer workshops Updated: Mar-21-14 4:08 am
- UNI official doubts laptop was source of ID theft Updated: Mar-20-14 2:31 pm
- Moore County schools see benefits from laptops Updated: Mar-19-14 1:04 pm
- Mott Community College getting $55.8M in software Updated: Mar-19-14 5:28 am
PITTSBURGH - A Google vice president will become the new dean of Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's public schools will get free computer operating system upgrades for five years under a new agreement with Microsoft.
CLEVELAND - Cleveland schools are slated to receive hundreds of computers that authorities seized from Internet cafes where they were used for poker or slots-style games.
CASPER, Wyoming - Dagmara Motriuk-Smith wore a microphone pinned to her sweater and a battery pack tucked into the band of her pants.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The long-delayed Seng-Liang Wang Hall, a $38 million Purdue University building on Northwestern Avenue, will open in August.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas education officials have extended this year's testing period for students because of persistent computer glitches with state tests.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Green Bay School District plans to spend $2.5 million to buy 5,000 laptops for students in four grade levels.
NANTICOKE, Pennsylvania - Officials say a northeastern Pennsylvania community college will be closed for the second day in a row due to an unspecified threat via computer to the institution.
DETROIT - The Detroit Public Schools is offering free computer training workshops for district parents.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - A state audit shows the University of Northern Iowa has unencrypted laptops and portable devices that could pose a risk for identity theft, but school officials say they doubt it was the source of a recent such incident at the university.
CAMERON, North Carolina - Some Moore County teachers say student use of laptops is resulting in better attendance, fewer discipline problems and more learning opportunities.
FLINT, Michigan - Mott Community College is getting $55.8 million worth of software to help train students to work in manufacturing jobs.