- Iowa committee suggests computer science for high school Updated: Jun-24-15 5:49 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A computer science committee has recommended to Gov. Terry Branstad's STEM Advisory Council that Iowa high school students should have to complete computer science coursework to graduate.
- Meridian middle-school students to get laptops Updated: Jun-23-15 4:43 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - The Meridian Public School District is providing laptops to middle school students this fall.
- California tempers backlash while embracing Common Core Updated: Jun-22-15 12:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - While the Common Core education standards provoked political backlash and testing boycotts around the country this year, the state that educates more public school children than any other - California - was conspicuously absent from the debate.
- Tupelo Public School District approves bond purchases Updated: Jun-22-15 5:49 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Public School District has added student computers and safety upgrades from April's successful bond referendum.
- More than $10K in computer tablets stolen from Iowa school Updated: Jun-20-15 1:57 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police say more than $10,000 in computer tablets have been stolen from a Des Moines middle school.
- Cross-country bike trip aims to inspire young scientists Updated: Jun-07-15 2:52 pm
BOSTON - Seven students from Harvard and MIT are cycling across America, stopping in many rural towns to get kids interested in science through hands-on workshops to program computers, launch model rockets and build robots.