- Medical device manufacturer agrees to $13.5M settlement Updated: Jul-30-15 4:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Federal prosecutors say a medical device manufacturer has agreed to pay the U.S. $13.5 million over allegations of false claims for the company's devices.
- St. Louis area health system endures 20-hour computer outage Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - An executive with the St. Louis area's biggest hospital provider say the network is rebounding from a 20-hour computer outage that disrupted its operations system-wide.
- Former surgery center employee convicted of computer fraud Updated: Jul-21-15 3:44 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 54-year-old former employee of a Wichita surgery center has been found guilty of computer fraud for a mass transfer of emails that included information of 317 patients.
- Fox Valley Technical College helps make prosthetic hands Updated: Jul-20-15 7:23 pm
GRAND CHUTE, Wisconsin - Fox Valley Technical College is taking part in a worldwide project that uses a 3-D printer to create mechanical prosthetic hands.
- Doctor helps create device used in shoulder surgeries Updated: Jul-13-15 5:42 pm
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A new medical invention that's helping shoulder surgery patients has roots in Nebraska, thanks to an orthopedic surgeon from Columbus.
- Missouri bill signed to up access to mental health records Updated: Jul-13-15 3:54 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has signed a bill to allow some mental health workers more access to medical records of people who have been civilly committed.
- Laser eye surgery called success for New Hampshire falcon Updated: Jul-13-15 8:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A second round of eye surgery means a falcon in New Hampshire that had cataracts might fly again someday.
- Big House vote to speed drug approvals, boost research Updated: Jul-10-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - For the second time this year, the House used overwhelming bipartisan unity Friday to approve health legislation, this time voting to bolster biomedical research and streamline how the government approves drugs and medical devices.