- FDA aims to publish Essure safety review in February Updated: Nov-24-15 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials aim to release their findings on a much-debated contraceptive implant by the end of February.
- Robot to attend school for 10-year-old cancer patient Updated: Nov-05-15 12:39 pm
POOLESVILLE, Maryland - A Maryland girl who is undergoing cancer treatment will be able to attend school with the help of a robot.
- Virtual doctor visits offer convenience, lower costs Updated: Nov-04-15 9:33 am
WASHINGTON - When you're coming down with a cold, there are a few items you typically reach for to start feeling better: cough drops, herbal tea, maybe an over-the-counter medication.
- 4 Nebraska hospitals settle over heart device misuse Updated: Nov-03-15 6:55 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha hospital has been included in a settlement with more than 450 hospitals over inappropriate use of a heart device.
- Move to spur pint-sized medical devices to treat sick kids Updated: Nov-01-15 8:55 am
WASHINGTON - Improvise isn't a word parents want to hear from their kid's doctor. Yet pediatric specialists too often have to jury-rig care because many of the medical devices needed to treat sick children were built for adults.
- US reaches settlement with 457 hospitals over cardiac device Updated: Oct-30-15 7:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department said Friday that it had reached settlements totaling more than $250 million with hundreds of hospitals where doctors implanted cardiac devices in violation of Medicare coverage requirements.
- Arkansas program allows health startups to pitch ideas Updated: Oct-30-15 7:02 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Startup companies with ideas for improving health care in Arkansas will get a chance to pitch their products to investors under a program announced Friday that organizers compared to the popular television reality show "Shark Tank."