- Purdue student simulates NASA mission to Mars Updated: Oct-05-15 8:27 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - As Jocelyn Dunn drove closer to the top of the volcano, she noticed that plant life started to recede. Animal life was no where to be found. Civilization faded into the rear-view mirror.
- Northrop Grumman, students donate prosthetic hands for kids Updated: Oct-03-15 9:05 am
LINTHICUM, Maryland - Yaneidi Agramonte started by putting the fingers together.
- Ketchikan hospital's parent company wins $3.66 million grant Updated: Oct-01-15 8:05 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The operator of the Ketchikan Medical Center has been awarded a $3.66 million grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to build on work done in Alaska.
- Maine getting more than $3.3M for medical research, devices Updated: Sep-30-15 5:01 am
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine - The federal government is giving more than $3.3 million in grants for biomedical research and medical device manufacturing in remote areas of Maine.
- Study: Breast cancer detection not better with computer aid Updated: Sep-28-15 1:01 pm
CHICAGO - Computer-assisted detection used in most U.S. mammograms adds no benefit to breast cancer screening while substantially increasing costs, a large study suggests.
- Experts question safety of Essure device linked to pain Updated: Sep-24-15 7:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A 13-year-old birth control implant came under new scrutiny Thursday as federal health experts discussed a host of problems reported by women implanted with the metallic device, including chronic pain, bleeding and fatigue.
- Veteran-owned Michigan business wins $16M federal contract Updated: Sep-24-15 10:32 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A veteran-owned Michigan business Alliant Healthcare Products has received a $16 million contract with the federal government.
- FDA experts to review safety of Essure birth control implant Updated: Sep-21-15 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal medical experts will take a closer look at a host of problems reported with the birth control implant called Essure, including chronic pain, bleeding, headaches and allergic reactions.
- Bethel medical implant maker completes $8 million expansion Updated: Sep-18-15 5:02 pm
BETHEL, Connecticut - Memry Corp., a local manufacturer that produces medical implants and surgical instruments from super alloys, recently completed a major expansion that increased its capacity by a third.
- Couple pleads guilty to selling unapproved medical device Updated: Sep-15-15 11:44 pm
SAN DIEGO, Calif - A San Diego County couple has pleaded guilty in federal court to selling unapproved medical devices they claimed could treat cancer and AIDS.
- Obama nominates FDA's No. 2 official to lead agency Updated: Sep-15-15 8:41 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has nominated the Food and Drug Administration's second-highest ranking official, Dr. Robert Califf, to lead the agency, which regulates consumer products ranging from medications to seafood to cigarettes.
- Medtronic gets approval for MRI-safe heart implant Updated: Sep-14-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - Medtronic said Monday that it has been cleared to market a heart defibrillator implant that can be safely used in an MRI scanner.
- 3M says it may sell or spinoff health care software business Updated: Sep-10-15 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - 3M said Thursday that it may sell or spin off its health care software business as it seeks to reduce the products and services it offers.