- Hawaii lawmakers gut and replace contents of bills Updated: Apr-10-14 2:25 am
- Maui group gathers signatures for GMO initiative Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 pm
- Agribusinesses give $380,000 to beat anti-GMO vote Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- American farmers confront 'big data' revolution Updated: Mar-29-14 10:34 am
- Hawaii House revives and kills GMO food-label bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:05 pm
- Vermont lawmakers consider labels on modified food Updated: Mar-19-14 5:55 pm
HONOLULU - A series of bills that lawmakers passed in the Hawaii Senate were drafted without giving the public the proper chance to weigh in, following a "gut-and-replace" maneuver scorned by government watchdog groups.
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui group says it has submitted more than 9,500 signatures in support of a temporary ban on growing or testing genetically modified organisms in Maui County.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Six major producers of herbicides and genetically modified crops are shoveling $380,000 into the campaign to defeat measures to prohibit genetically modified crops in southwestern Oregon.
WICHITA, Kansas - Farmers from across the nation gathered in Washington this month for what has become an annual trek to seek action on the most important matters in American agriculture, such as immigration reform and water regulations.
HONOLULU - An effort to require labels on genetically modified foods in Hawaii was brought back to life in the state Legislature, but it died in committee on Thursday almost as quickly as it was revived.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont Senate panel heard forecasts Wednesday on how well a bill requiring labels on genetically modified foods would hold up in court if the measure becomes law.