- University says county GMO measure could hamper research Updated: May-04-15 6:24 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University says a Benton County ballot measure that seeks to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops in the county could hurt GMO-related university research projects.
- Patients want faster access to NY medical marijuana Updated: Apr-28-15 5:00 pm
ALBANY, New York - With New York's medical marijuana program not planned to start until next year, parents of children with debilitating neurological conditions on Tuesday urged Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers to make the drug available now for those with the greatest need.
- Ben & Jerry's founder backs push for GMO labels in NY Updated: Apr-28-15 2:52 pm
ALBANY, New York - One half of the duo that created Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream is working to pass legislation in New York to require the labeling of foods with ingredients from genetically modified plants.
- Industry tries to block genetically modified food labeling Updated: Apr-27-15 3:55 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Food industry lawyers say there's not enough time to implement Vermont's new labeling rules for genetically modified products before the July 2016 effective date and are asking a federal judge to block them.
- Chipotle: Transition to non-GMO ingredients complete Updated: Apr-27-15 9:12 am
NEW YORK - Chipotle says it has completed phasing out genetically modified ingredients from its food.
- EU approves more GM food as row simmers Updated: Apr-24-15 8:58 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union has authorized the use of more genetically modified food and feed amid a row over whether EU member states should be able to independently ban certain GM products.
- Dr. Oz mounts spirited defense against critical letter Updated: Apr-23-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - Dr. Mehmet Oz says last week's attack by 10 doctors who accused him of promoting "quack treatments" on his TV show was spurred by his vocal support for labeling genetically modified foods - a stance he says some if not all of those accusers oppose.
- Sponsor of Maine GMO label law opposes bill to ditch trigger Updated: Apr-13-15 6:22 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The sponsor of a Maine law that requires food producers to label foods containing genetically modified ingredients says state lawmakers are misguided in their effort to repeal the law's trigger provision.
- Kent dairy farm's robotic milking system boosts production Updated: Apr-07-15 1:01 pm
KENT, Illinois - Days start early for 29-year-old dairy farmer John Lawfer.