- Hawaii modified food bills battered but alive Updated: Mar-06-14 10:29 pm
- Big Island farmer sues over GMO registration rule Updated: Mar-05-14 2:34 pm
- Kauai County hires Honolulu firm for defense Updated: Feb-27-14 4:50 pm
- County to vote on genetically modified crops Updated: Feb-19-14 6:46 pm
- Food industry seeks voluntary GMO labeling Updated: Feb-06-14 2:58 pm
HONOLULU - The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
HILO, Hawaii - A Big Island papaya farmer is suing for relief from new registration requirements for growers of genetically modified crops.
HONOLULU - Kauai County says it's hired a Honolulu law firm to defend it against a lawsuit challenging a new law regulating the use of pesticides and the growing of genetically modified crops by large agricultural businesses.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The state of Oregon has banned local measures regulating genetically modified crops, but that hasn't stopped a group in Josephine County.
WASHINGTON - People who want to know more about genetically modified ingredients in their food would be able to get it on some packages, but not others, under a plan the industry is pushing.